(Topic ID: 177053)

Flight 2000 resto/shop job, got it complete now.

By northerndude

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0984 (resized).JPG
IMG_0988 (resized).JPG
IMG_0982 (resized).JPG
IMG_1261 (resized).JPG
IMG_1260 (resized).JPG
IMG_0978 (resized).JPG
IMG_0978 (resized).JPG
IMG_0976 (resized).JPG
IMG_1259 (resized).JPG
IMG_0972 (resized).JPG
IMG_0918 (resized).JPG
IMG_0917 (resized).JPG
IMG_0898 (resized).JPG
IMG_0879 (resized).JPG
Screenshot_2017-01-31-11-18-08 (resized).png
Screenshot_2017-01-31-11-17-56 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider acebathound.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#63 7 years ago

Couple things..

With any of these games there's some DIP switch settings that will control max credits, display of credits, match features, etc. There's then also high score levels and bookkeeping values stored in the 5101 RAM that needs to be zero'd out -- you get to those via the self-test switch (see below).

Here's the manual:
http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/887/Stern_1980_Flight_2000_Manual.pdf

Take a look at Page 10 for the DIP switch settings.

Page 6 will then have the self-test & bookkeeping functions listed.

The first five times you hit the button will be self-tests, number of the test will be on the credit display.
01 - Burn-in test, all outputs tested
02 - Lamp test, all feature lamps turned on and off
03 - Display test
04 - Solenoid test
05 - Switch test

Hitting self-test again, you should see 01 on the credit display. That's the start of the bookkeeping.. 01, 02, 03 are high score thresholds you can set... the remaining of the bookkeeping functions are things that the game keeps track of (number of coins, replays, etc). You'll need to zero each bookkeeping value out first by hitting momentary button at the top right of the MPU board. For the high score levels (01, 02, 03) you can use the credit button (game start) to set the high score level. Everything else just gets zero'd out. Press the self-test button to advance to the next bookkeeping value, zero-out, self-test to advance, zero out, etc. After bookkeeping function 18 it'll restart the MPU.

Try zero'ing out the bookkeeping and setting some of the DIP switch settings mentioned in the manual. It looks like the game is booting and just not showing a high score? Does it start a game if you press the start button with the correct number of balls in the ball trough?

Hopefully that gets you further along..

#66 7 years ago

Ah, whoops... you're right it tops out at 18. I just looked at the manual's bookkeeping functions & it mentions "test switch push number" 23 is bookkeeping function 18.

Is the 20 showing up on the 4th player display? Can you start a game now?

#75 7 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Thank you for that pic!! I had the harnesses crossed, voice and sound is clear now, awesome.
BUT still doesn't clear that 80 on my display, lol. I can't start a game yet.
To add on, I get the 7 beeps, and the coil run through at the multi ball contraption, then goes to my attract mode with 06 credits and now 90 to the right of it. This thing is schitzo

The number in the right of the credit display is the match number. It's been a while since I've worked with an MPU-200 machine, but that match number probably reflects the last match number given. Or it may be random each start-up. I'm a bit rusty on the expected behavior since it's been a few years since I've had a F2K or MPU-200 machine setup other than a Black Beauty Shuffle Alley.

Coils in the multi-ball loop should activate at some point to kick any balls out, I'm not sure if activating on start-up is expected.. but I think it activates those 3 times to kick the 3 balls out that could possibly be there. Someone else would need to confirm that though.

Are the 06 credits showing not what was there when the game last was turned off? That number should reflect the last number of credits that were on the machine. So if you add a 2x more credits via coin switches it should show 08 any time the game is started up until you start playing some games on the machine.

As far as starting a game, are all the balls in the ball trough? Some games need to recognize all the balls via the ball trough switches before they'll allow you to start a game. It looked like your board got hit a bit by battery leakage -- is there any discoloration over by the J3 header on the MPU (cabinet switches)? You may want to try wiggling that connector slightly and then pressing the credit/start button (again, with all the balls in the ball trough).

#79 7 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

If I put in 2 coins and keep it or do a re-start, yes that number goes up and stays and reflects the credits. I think to pic you are viewing with the red nvram was a pic from a fellow poster that was helping with pics for me. I have done some serious wiggling of connectors and had three balls in trough, still won't begin a game. It looks so much like its good to go, but ohh so close.

Was referring to this pic: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/feedback-on-flight-2000-repair-and-if-i-should-purchase/page/2#post-3633445 -- I just noticed some discoloration in the ground trace at the bottom of the board & some green/blue at one of the battery through-holes. It doesn't look too bad though.

You'll probably want to go into switch test (via self-test button) and try each of the ball trough switches independently to make sure they're being registered. And also try the credit switch that way too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 10.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Crown Point, IN
$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Melbourne Beach, FL
$ 199.95
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 125.00
$ 3.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider acebathound.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/feedback-on-flight-2000-repair-and-if-i-should-purchase?tu=acebathound and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.