You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCN5450.jpg
Screen_Shot_2015-11-29_at_12.56.49_AM.png
#1 8 years ago

Hey Guys,

I am designing MY FIRST EVER pinblade for Scared Stiff, and wanted to know what you guys think? Would you buy them? Thanks in advance. Be nice it's my first time! hahaha

Screen Shot 2015-11-29 at 12.56.49 AM.pngScreen Shot 2015-11-29 at 12.56.49 AM.png

#2 8 years ago

I like them. I do not have a SS, and I'm not really into mods but it looks very good.

#3 8 years ago

Looks very cool. I'm pretty much a buyer for anything you guys create.

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballkim:

I like them. I do not have a SS, and I'm not really into mods but it looks very good.

Thanks pinballkim!!!

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Looks very cool. I'm pretty much a buyer for anything you guys create.

Hahaha I've noticed hahaha appreciate the support!

#6 8 years ago

Since you're asking for feedback I have some suggestions that would make me, as a Scared Stiff owner, more interested. It's a great start, these are just my suggestions since you want it:

So one thing to keep in mind is that Williams/Bally cannot copyright a general style of drawing, just specific pieces. That means you can draw things like the green slime in a style closer to the playfield one if you like. Just don't copy the exact shape sequences too closely and it's entirely safe ground. The world is full of drawing of slime that look just like that.

I say this because I think blades work best when they match the playfield art, stylistically. Makes them feel more factory, and like they belong.

What kind of tools are you using to make your work? For the Scared Stiff slime you'd have a much easier time with a pressure sensitive tablet, even an entry level Wacom would work. Thought I'm personally a Cintiq fan.

My other thought is I like the webs and spiders, but less is more. I'd stick with just one spider instead of cloning it, and position it in the right spot for the game's plastics and ramps to show it well. Do you have access to a Scared Stiff? How your art shows with the game in place is important to keep in mind.

Good luck!

BTW — Here's a closeup of the Scared Stiff drips. Notice how they're thinner, so they elongate out more of an elastic stretch, with enlarged drops at the end. They have a dark keyline with variable line thickness, and they're screened in solid green with only white highlights. No gradients.

DSCN5450.jpgDSCN5450.jpg

#7 8 years ago

Aurich!

Thanks so much I love this feedback so much! I needed this closeup because unfortunately I don't have access to the game. I have a Wacom tablet, I first designed it in Illustrator and then brought it into Photoshop. It's my first run at it, and I wasn't even sure myself if I liked the cloned spiders or my slime LOL LOL. Which is why I wanted a pair of second eyes. I see exactly what you are talking about with the non gradient I couldn't see that in a picture I had grabbed off the web.

I always appreciate feedback, and what better way to get it than from people who have the actual game! Thanks again!!!

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from pinupgirl1975:

I needed this closeup because unfortunately I don't have access to the game.

I own Scared Stiff, if you need any help checking fits or pictures just PM me, happy to help you.

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I own Scared Stiff, if you need any help checking fits or pictures just PM me, happy to help you.

Aurich! That would be amazing!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

£ 49.00
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

9,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Weeki Wachee, FL
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

£ 31.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 249.00
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
£ 38.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/feedback-needed-new-pinblade-design-for-ss and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.