Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 263 posts
  • 68 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Rager170
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Vaping or Smoking”

• Vaping-not tar/should be safer 20 votes
      36%
    • Cigarettes-dead at 60 aint too bad 7 votes
      13%
    • Grow up and be miserable like me 29 votes
      52%

(56 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

chemistry (resized).JPG
    download (2) (resized).jpg
    download (1) (resized).jpg
    A5B5D2ED-3BDA-4A62-B044-4ED4CB821881 (resized).jpeg
    hqdefault (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpg
    drub (resized).png
    Candy-Cigarettes-Original-WEB_1000x1000 (resized).jpg
    download (2) (resized).jpg
    1731DD6C-995F-4DB3-B2F6-AEAE0C7B43B7 (resized).png
    smoke.gif
    RJR 1975 (resized).PNG
    unicorn-cakes-by-vape-breakfast-classics-90ml-blueberry-pancake-strawberry-milk-e-juice-800x800 (resized).jpg
    D9255B16-DF95-450C-BFE6-CC3A0250DCB5 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thunder90.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 4 years ago
    Quoted from RonSS:

How exactly is vaping less harmful than smoking?
    I get the fact you're not burning treated paper and inhaling smoke, but, what are you inhaling now?
    Truth is, you don't really know.
    I don't smoke or vape, so I'll just carry on, but I'm hoping you can wait a decade until some true results of vaping are known.

This is ridiculous. Nobody knows what's in their cigarettes either!

https://www.lung.org/stop-smoking/smoking-facts/whats-in-a-cigarette.html

#55 4 years ago
    Quoted from Thermionic:

Not necessarily true, reputable vape manufacturers will provide ingredients lists. Also, many people make their own juice.
    I used vaping successfully to stop smoking (almost 3 years nic-free now) after failing other methods. I made my own juice with (all USP grade) propylene glycol, glycerin, trace of wintergreen or peppermint oil flavoring, and nicotine (in a tapering concentration over time). Unlikely to be significantly more harmful than stage fog juice (which is often scented), and the positive benefits to my health, breathing, and overall energy level were noticeable literally within a matter of days of switching.
    While it is unlikely to be 100% safe and research must definitely continue in order to better quantify risk, it is almost certainly much less toxic than tobacco smoking; the political and popular hysteria is really a bit over the top, and I hope cooler, more rational heads will ultimately prevail. Vaping has been fairly widespread for roughly 10 years, and we are just now seeing serious problems in a minuscule percentage of vape users (who appear to have used illicit products containing ingredients which deviate from the formulations produced by the reputable manufacturers). At this point, taking acetaminophen or ibuprofen is probably statistically more likely to cause harm than vaping.
    Vape juice from reputable sources vaped at reasonable temperatures (sufficient to cause atomization to vapor, but not so hot as to cause combustion or any other chemical changes) will produce vapor which contains none of the known problematic compounds from tobacco smoke such as CO, heterocyclic aromatics/pyrenes, radon, cyanide compounds, NOx compounds, heavy metals/compounds, or any of a myriad of other reactive molecules produced from the incomplete combustion (oxidation) of the tobacco.

Thank you for your intelligent response to this very unintelligible discussion.

Chemicals in a cigarette: https://www.lung.org/stop-smoking/smoking-facts/whats-in-a-cigarette.html

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thunder90.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/feds-ban-flavored-vape-liquid-cigarettes-fine?tu=thunder90 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.