Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 263 posts
  • 68 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Rager170
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Vaping or Smoking”

• Vaping-not tar/should be safer 20 votes
      36%
    • Cigarettes-dead at 60 aint too bad 7 votes
      13%
    • Grow up and be miserable like me 29 votes
      52%

(56 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

chemistry (resized).JPG
    download (2) (resized).jpg
    download (1) (resized).jpg
    A5B5D2ED-3BDA-4A62-B044-4ED4CB821881 (resized).jpeg
    hqdefault (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpg
    drub (resized).png
    Candy-Cigarettes-Original-WEB_1000x1000 (resized).jpg
    download (2) (resized).jpg
    1731DD6C-995F-4DB3-B2F6-AEAE0C7B43B7 (resized).png
    smoke.gif
    RJR 1975 (resized).PNG
    unicorn-cakes-by-vape-breakfast-classics-90ml-blueberry-pancake-strawberry-milk-e-juice-800x800 (resized).jpg
    D9255B16-DF95-450C-BFE6-CC3A0250DCB5 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Methos.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

Inhaling anything besides air into your lungs is a bad idea. And sometimes the air isn't in the greatest shape, either.

Problem is they won't know the damage for a few years yet, but early studies aren't good.

#67 4 years ago
    Quoted from Munsters:

Im working for an vape shop https://roken.nl and we do not take 'America' that seriously considering all the statements. Here in Europe we have much stricter rules and have known since 2015 that the electric cigarette is 95% less harmful than tobacco. A huge health gain can therefore be achieved for smokers! On the contrary, it should be encouraged by the government as a means to stop the unhealthy smoking.
    https://www.gov.uk/government/news/e-cigarettes-around-95-less-harmful-than-tobacco-estimates-landmark-review

Being how tobacco is one of the most damaging things you can do to your body outside of eating asbestos, I'd say even 5% of that is still way too much risk.

We are bombarded by radiation and cell damaging devices and streams all day long. Recent studies have shown that the radiation from cell phones is causing long term damage that could lead to brain cancer. Having said that, the world's population is out of control. If people want to end their lives sooner, who are we to stop them? Make it all legal including drugs, oxy, bacon, etc.

1 week later
    #92 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Yul wasn't the first to run an end of life warning as such.

From Wiki:
    Four weeks after filming the second public service announcement, Talman died of lung cancer (which had metastasized to his liver, bones and brain[15]) on August 30, 1968, at the age of 53, and was buried in the Court of Liberty, lot 833,[18] at Forest Lawn Memorial Park (Hollywood Hills) in Los Angeles. His widow, Margaret "Peggy" Louise Talman, joined him there at the time of her death in January 2002, aged 73. After William Talman's death, she continued his antismoking efforts. Within a few years she had resumed smoking, however, and the cause of her death was also lung cancer.[14]

How unreal - guess his message didn't resonate too well. If that is the choice you make, so be it. People should be able to make their own choices, but then again - they ultimately will suffer the consequences.

#100 4 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

It’s almost as if that shit’s addictive.

So what....millions of people have quit, including myself. Take responsibility, you know the shit kills and can't say no? Enjoy your time while you're here.

#108 4 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Methos, did you turn into a Smoking Nazi or an Anti-smoking Nazi? I knew the shit could kill for me years before I manage to quit; It was around 1966 when I started smoking. I started at the same time the first warning labels were put on the packs: “Caution: Cigarette Smoking May be Harzardous to Your Health."
    How about you? Can you ever say you smoked in ignorance? How many times did you light up and whistle past the graveyard before you finally managed to put them down for good? You never made a midnight run to the store because you were out of smokes? Or dig a butt out of your trashcan because your pack went empty? Tell the truth.
    I have a friend who smoked Pall Mall Reds for years and one day he just put them down and was smoker no more. Were you like that? Most of us had to struggle to give them up.

I used to smoke and used Kodiak for years, all the while I knew it was harm full. When you are young, you just can't see view your mortality correctly. Wasn't until I was older and saw people dying of lung cancer that I knew I was taking a risk that I just couldn't take. Sure I was hooked like everyone else, and fell off the wagon a few times but it's just like eating meat, dairy, and processed food. It's so pleasurable and tastes so much better than kale and spinach, but it's deadly and increases your risk for disease and an early death. At some point you have to use your intellect, willpower, and commit to yourself and your loved ones.

I get that it's hard to quit, but unlike in the 50's when Doctors endorsed them, we know the damage that it does. Ignorance isn't an excuse anymore, just like our western diets. If you can pony up the bet and take the risk, that's your choice. As for vaping, I don't know how anyone can think inhaling anything in your lungs other than air is a good thing, and then again the air we breath isn't always good.

1 week later
    #205 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

Be safe people...Sounds like the lipid pneumonia excuse is falling apart after the first formal study:
    https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiEFpTb5gK8GKRKBDm--NpLxwqGQgEKhAIACoHCAow2Nb3CjDivdcCMP3ungY?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen
    Researchers from the Mayo Clinic examined lung biopsies from 17 patients suspected of having a perplexing vaping illness that's sickened more than 805 people since April. Doctors have previously said it resembled a rare form of pneumonia caused by the accumulation of fatty substances known as lipids.
    However, none of the cases examined by the Mayo Clinic researchers showed any evidence of lipoid pneumonia
    It's the first formal study examining tissue samples of patients who have fallen ill from vaping.
    "It seems to be some kind of direct chemical injury, similar to what one might see with exposures to toxic chemical fumes, poisonous gases and toxic agents," said Dr. Brandon Larsen, a surgical pathologist at Mayo Clinic Arizona and a lead author of the study. "Based on what we have seen in our study, we suspect that most cases involve chemical contaminants, toxic byproducts or other noxious agents within vape liquids."

Imagine that.....

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Methos.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/feds-ban-flavored-vape-liquid-cigarettes-fine?tu=Methos and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.