Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 263 posts
  • 68 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Rager170
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Vaping or Smoking”

• Vaping-not tar/should be safer 20 votes
      36%
    • Cigarettes-dead at 60 aint too bad 7 votes
      13%
    • Grow up and be miserable like me 29 votes
      52%

(56 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

chemistry (resized).JPG
    download (2) (resized).jpg
    download (1) (resized).jpg
    A5B5D2ED-3BDA-4A62-B044-4ED4CB821881 (resized).jpeg
    hqdefault (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpg
    drub (resized).png
    Candy-Cigarettes-Original-WEB_1000x1000 (resized).jpg
    download (2) (resized).jpg
    1731DD6C-995F-4DB3-B2F6-AEAE0C7B43B7 (resized).png
    smoke.gif
    RJR 1975 (resized).PNG
    unicorn-cakes-by-vape-breakfast-classics-90ml-blueberry-pancake-strawberry-milk-e-juice-800x800 (resized).jpg
    D9255B16-DF95-450C-BFE6-CC3A0250DCB5 (resized).jpeg
    There are 263 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
    #1 4 years ago

Hey fellas. Just wanted to see if anyone wanted to talk about what is going on with the proposed flavored vaping ban. I posted this to the smoking thread but i think this is more appropriate.

Short version, Illicit THC/Vitamin E pods are killing people and the sledgehammer response from the US is to ban everything. Germany, UK, others have recognized in some cases 9 deaths of adolescents from THC infused products. This sucks. The other arguments adults don’t like flavor, save the kids, are just a cover up. It sucks. Smoking has dropped 29 percent and these products save lives. This is harm reduction. Not oxygen. But if people care, check out:

http://www.casaa.org/news/trump-administrations-ban-on-flavored-e-cigarettes-does-more-harm/

I dont invest or own a shop. Just want to pass on an awareness. Fear of loss of control and profits is what this is really about.
    D9255B16-DF95-450C-BFE6-CC3A0250DCB5 (resized).jpegD9255B16-DF95-450C-BFE6-CC3A0250DCB5 (resized).jpeg

#2 4 years ago

Anything that encourages kids as young as middle school to get addicted to nicotine seems bad...would not go to bat for it personally.

#3 4 years ago

Good, get that shit out of here.

Quoted from tbutler6:

The other arguments adults don’t like flavor, save the kids, are just a cover up.

Not marketed to kids...nothing to see here.
    At least Joe Camel wore a suit

unicorn-cakes-by-vape-breakfast-classics-90ml-blueberry-pancake-strawberry-milk-e-juice-800x800 (resized).jpgunicorn-cakes-by-vape-breakfast-classics-90ml-blueberry-pancake-strawberry-milk-e-juice-800x800 (resized).jpg
    #4 4 years ago

I wouldn’t ban it outright, but I could see a 21yr old limit on them. Get them out of the high schools completely. Exempt for active military. Old enough to die, old enough for everything in my book.

#5 4 years ago

For me, its about a better alternative that has been backed without money and hidden motives. Science and doctors. Don’t kids do whatever they want anyhow? I mean they do things. We don’t ban Jaegermeister and Fireball. I like a flavor.

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Good, get that shit out of here.

Not marketed to kids...nothing to see here.
    At least Joe Camel wore a suit[quoted image]

That is ridiculous labeling, no reason for that crap.

#7 4 years ago

I'm sorry, but every person that I see vape looks ridiculous.

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

I say just smoke for god sakes.

#9 4 years ago

Tough crowd lol. I’m ok with ridiculous compared to sucking in burned dead leaves. Or whatever else... No reason for people to be inconsiderate though blowing clouds and shit in movie theatres or whatever else.

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Agreed. Clouds of smoke don’t make you cool.
    Everyone wants to be noticed nowadays. RIDICULOUS.

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Agreed. Clouds of smoke don’t make you cool.
    Everyone wants to be noticed nowadays. RIDICULOUS.

Douche bags come in all shapes and sizes, people crave attention and teens blowing vapor clouds is a personal accountability and respect issue with the teen. Not an adult outside a pin show or bar or house. IMHO

#12 4 years ago

When government agencies figure out a way to cash in on it, they will not only keep it legal, but will encourage it.

#13 4 years ago

Kids that likely would NOT have started smoking are starting to vape. That’s terrible. That needs legislation. Greed and corruption will influence that but doesn’t make it 100% wrong.

#14 4 years ago

Zero nic vape juice is exempt from any ruling.

Ultra light or unflavored nic juice is protected

Just mix it yoursrlf.

Any ban will have no effect on vaping whatsoever.

Banning flavored nic juice, other than menthol is already the law.

Flavored cigarettes are illegal by federal law, therefore flavored nic juice should already be illegal by federal law.

The law is easily skirted legally.

It will have no effect on vaping.

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

Kids that likely would NOT have started smoking are starting to vape. That’s terrible. That needs legislation. Greed and corruption will influence that but doesn’t make it 100% wrong.

Kids smoke zero nic juice for the most part.

Nic juice it too chokey they dont like it generally.

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinballinreno:

Zero nic vape juice is exempt from any ruling.
    Ultra light or unflavored nic juice is protected
    Just mix it yoursrlf.
    Any ban will have no effect on vaping whatsoever.
    Banning flavored nic juice, other than menthol is already the law.
    Flavored cigarettes are illegal by federal law, therefore flavored nic juice should already be illegal by federal law.
    The law us easily skirted legally.
    It will have no effect on vaping.

They are trying to ban flavored juices but only certain states have had a rash reaction. Just sucks a less harmful option to breathing in heavy toxins and tar is being rejected due to personal accountability and some vape companies apparently pushing unethical marketing. Im a cord cutter, no commercials, no magazines. No fm radio. I do my own research and havent seen a commercial for an F150 in a LONG time. Michigan just pushed a flavor ban a day or two ago. This topic is extremely current

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinballinreno:

Kids smoke zero nic juice for the most part

They are finding nicotine in nicotine free vape products...

Besides that, who cares if the vapor they inhale is just a mix of unknown chemicals right? WTF? How does anyone defend vaping for kids?

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

At least Joe Camel wore a suit

"Meet the Turk"

RJR 1975 (resized).PNGRJR 1975 (resized).PNG
    #19 4 years ago

I think it’s odd to ban vaping but not cigarettes.

I also think vaping sales should be 19+ (or whatever your local age of majority is)

It’s tragic that lives have been lost due to vaping related injuries, but, vaping is less harmful then smoking. The problem is unregulated e-juice production. Find the chemical (probably the glycol) additive causing the health concerns and remove it.

Analogy time. Aerosol containers used to be filled with CFC’s. They didn’t ban spray paint, they removed the harmful chemicals.

#20 4 years ago

How exactly is vaping less harmful than smoking?

I get the fact you're not burning treated paper and inhaling smoke, but, what are you inhaling now?

Truth is, you don't really know.

I don't smoke or vape, so I'll just carry on, but I'm hoping you can wait a decade until some true results of vaping are known.

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from RonSS:

I'm hoping you can wait a decade until some true results of vaping are known.

This stuff has been around for a decade already.. maybee longer? I was a heavy smoker for over 15 years and quit 6 years ago. I used vaping for somewhere between a year and a year and a half as a crutch before quitting that also. Even back then there were times I experienced shortness of breath from vaping... I never experienced things to that degree w/ cigarettes... Vaping is not as safe as it’s being sold to be.

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from RonSS:

what are you inhaling now?

Easy, Whatever chemicals you put into your vape.

Ive been vaping shatter (refined, concentrated cannabis) for over a year now. I don’t use thc “vape pins” they’re usually blended with a thinning agent like glycol or medium chain triglycerides (MCT oil). But I’ve been thinking about pressing my own rosin from plan matter, that way I’m sure that there are no additives.

I have a friend who used an e-juice vape to quit smoking cigarettes, he’s reduced his nicotine intake to 0 now, but I still see him vaping flavored e-juice when he drinks, I guess it’s better then going back to cigarettes, but it razz him pretty hard when he makes giant clouds of strawberry.

#23 4 years ago

I certainly can agree on keeping this away from kids, but one issue is the quantity of smoke generated from larger tanks and heating units. We dont smoke, like the gif below, with cigarettes.....match the amount and frequency of billowing clouds with tobacco.
    Our lungs would cough out.
    But with vaping, Im seeing huge volume. I believe the death and illness is not only the chemicals, but the volume and frequency.
    smoke.gifsmoke.gif

#24 4 years ago

States don't have a age limit? Up here in Canada it's 18 or 19 depending on province you live to buy it. Personally I hate the smell of cigarettes but I think these tutti fruity candy ass vape smells are worse. There's no laws against doing it in public so some dumbasses proceed to blow their clouds in the bar or line in Wal-Mart. Losers. Go outside like the smokers.

Now get off my lawn

#25 4 years ago

Im going to become a senator so I can write a bill which allows you to slap the shit out of these people
    1731DD6C-995F-4DB3-B2F6-AEAE0C7B43B7 (resized).png1731DD6C-995F-4DB3-B2F6-AEAE0C7B43B7 (resized).png

#26 4 years ago

Inhaling anything besides air into your lungs is a bad idea. And sometimes the air isn't in the greatest shape, either.

#27 4 years ago

I always thought this vape thing is bad for you. I have walked by and that stuff has a nasty smell to it.

#28 4 years ago

As a non-smoker, I wouldn't want to be exposed to ANY second hand vaping smoke.

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

Inhaling anything besides air into your lungs is a bad idea. And sometimes the air isn't in the greatest shape, either.

Problem is they won't know the damage for a few years yet, but early studies aren't good.

#30 4 years ago

I’d rather the government not *ban* anything. Let people make their own decisions, even bad ones. Use the FDA to control ingredient safety.

#31 4 years ago
    Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Im going to become a senator so I can write a bill which allows you to slap the shit out of these people
    [quoted image]

Cool! Can you take care of
    Climate change too, please? Nobody else seems to be on that one

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from RonSS:

Quoted from Methos:

Problem is they won't know the damage for a few years yet, but early studies aren't good.

True. Although given how bad smoking tobacco is for you, vaping has its work cut out for it if it wants to be worse.

#33 4 years ago

Anything that gets our new governor publicity, he is all for.

Even if he is not the first, he always jumps right on the bandwagon. Being three hours behind does have it's disadvantages.

download (2) (resized).jpgdownload (2) (resized).jpg
    #34 4 years ago
    Quoted from RonSS:

I get the fact you're not burning treated paper and inhaling smoke, but, what are you inhaling now?
    Truth is, you don't really know.
    I don't smoke or vape, so I'll just carry on, but I'm hoping you can wait a decade until some true results of vaping are known.

This is ridiculous. Nobody knows what's in their cigarettes either!

https://www.lung.org/stop-smoking/smoking-facts/whats-in-a-cigarette.html

#35 4 years ago

I'm not a fan of second hand vaping.

But at least that clove cigarette fad seems to be a thing of the past.

#36 4 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Colin Farrell, who smokes like a chimney, said he couldn’t get into vaping. Said it felt like he was sucking on a robot’s d@#k.

#37 4 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Colin Farrell, who smokes like a chimney, said he couldn’t get into vaping. Said it felt like he was sucking on a robot’s d@#k.

And he would probably know.

#38 4 years ago

It is funny watching all that vape exit out a car window when one is stopped at a traffic light. Laugh every time!

#39 4 years ago

You what they say, “As Colin Farrell goes, so goes the Nation”

That’s it, I’m out!

#40 4 years ago

I love how it's still ok to sell candy flavored liquor and "wine coolers". Every year kids die from alcohol poisoning and no one seems to care.

Wake me up when they ban Semi automatic death machines.

#41 4 years ago

Non nicotine juice is unregulated. If it contains any nicotine, it's regulated.

#42 4 years ago

If they hadn't gone overboard and banned these, we may have never gotten to this point with the young people.

Candy-Cigarettes-Original-WEB_1000x1000 (resized).jpgCandy-Cigarettes-Original-WEB_1000x1000 (resized).jpg
    #43 4 years ago
    Quoted from TwoHeartedMale:

I love how it's still ok to sell candy flavored liquor and "wine coolers". Every year kids die from alcohol poisoning and no one seems to care.
    Wake me up when they ban Semi automatic death machines.

The vaping lobby is considerably weaker than the alcohol lobby, and the cigarette lobby is working against the vaping lobby I’m sure.

#44 4 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

The vaping lobby is considerably weaker than the alcohol lobby, and the cigarette lobby is working against the vaping lobby I’m sure.

The company "juul" has been fined millions of dollars for advertising to kids. That company is owned by big tobacco. Big tobacco is purposely making vape look bad while funding the ban on the other end. Classic lobbying. Americans are too busy posting pictures of food or keeping up with the Kardashians to be aware of anything. Land of the free to be stupid.

#45 4 years ago

I think anything should be legal to put in your own body if you're 18+. If you're dumb enough to ingest something that will kill you, it's nobody elses business to stop you. Also if you do something unhealthy, you shouldn't get the same medical benefits at the same cost as healthy people.

I've never smoked, drank alcohol, or done any drugs, but if I did vape I'd want candy/fruit flavors. Likewise if I ever drank alcohol.

#46 4 years ago
    Quoted from TwoHeartedMale:

The company "juul" has been fined millions of dollars for advertising to kids. That company is owned by big tobacco. Big tobacco is purposely making vape look bad while funding the ban on the other end. Classic lobbying. Americans are too busy posting pictures of food or keeping up with the Kardashians to be aware of anything. Land of the free to be stupid.

I own a couple thousand shares of Altria. Altria owns 35% of Juul. I think it's a toss-up at this point if they'd prefer for Juul to go away. They did pay something like $18 billion for their stake in them.

#47 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

If they hadn't gone overboard and banned these, we may have never gotten to this point with the young people.[quoted image]

Still for sale. Made in Columbia!

https://www.amazon.com/Worlds-King-Size-Candy-Cigarettes/dp/B00VSBKN8E/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_325_t_1

#48 4 years ago
    Quoted from loneacer:

I've never smoked, drank alcohol, or done any drubs,

Oh, you’re missing out. You get the right drubs, and it’s the best feeling in the world.

#49 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

If they hadn't gone overboard and banned these, we may have never gotten to this point with the young people.[quoted image]

You can still buy them at Galco. Galco is a soda shop located next door to Barcade LA.

#50 4 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

You get the right drubs, and it’s the best feeling in the world.

drub (resized).pngdrub (resized).png
    There are 263 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/feds-ban-flavored-vape-liquid-cigarettes-fine?hl=twoheartedmale and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.