Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 91 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by gandamack
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

EE137907-5A7C-49F0-BF6D-FE7488BCAD6A (resized).jpeg
    52AD1D44-CD10-43E3-B3F0-36E1C39BE073 (resized).jpeg
    pee yew.gif
    pasted_imageace (resized).png
    wilson.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JodyG.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 1 year ago

Fedex ground is the worst of the main carriers. They aren't quite as bad as Lasership, but they are getting close. Fedex ground is all sub-contractors, which is something Fedex did a while back to save a buck. Even though they say Fedex on the side of the ground truck and the driver wears a Fedex uniform, look at the small letters on the truck. Mine usually say "Operated by Larsen Logistics". Your Fedex Ground delivery person is typically paid far less than a UPS worker in the same position...and it shows. I have had Fedex say they attempted delivery several times in the past and they never even drove on my street, as confirmed by my cameras.

Their website is also stuck in 2004. If you get an error while trying to ship something, it gives you zero information on what the error is actually related to. And don't bother trying to call a human at that place...although the Post Office is even worse when trying to call a human. Fedex seems to do well with large volume shippers...they really don't want business from a little guy like me.

Also beware of rerouting Fedex Packaged to a pickup point like a Family Dollar store. Half the time the store employee doesn't check the packages in, so it looks like it isn't there...but it really is. I will only have packages rerouted to an actual Fedex store access point now.

Note: Fedex Express employees are NOT subcontractors. They are actual FedEx employees with better benefits.

#25 1 year ago

USPS just added significant fees on for larger packages...its pushing a lot of my customers orders over to UPS.

#49 1 year ago
    Quoted from drwicket:

I order a lot from lego.com and they always use fedex. Worst shipping company on the planet. I work from home and several times I have watched them drop packages and not say a word.

Fedex discounts for large shippers are pretty impressive and hard to beat. Whoever mentioned Pinball Life using Fedex...I have always had their orders arrive via UPS or USPS.

#53 1 year ago
    Quoted from twoplays25c:

They are aren't what they "used to be."
    I'm trying to get product to me for an event, here are my shipping options from UPS.
    Used to be a 3-day or next day air was a few bucks more, but wow.
    (And how is using 2 day, 1/3 the cost of using 3-day??)
    Service Delivery Date Charge
    UPS GROUND 2 Days $52.84
    UPS 3 DAY SELECT $156.77
    UPS 2ND DAY AIR SAT $247.95
    UPS 2ND DAY AIR AM $287.62
    UPS NEXT DAY AIR SAVER $462.62
    UPS NEXT DAY AIR $484.35

UPS rates have been crazy since they went dimensional weight. Shaving inches off the box size saves tremendous amounts of money. I stock probably 20 box sizes at the moment, because the closer I can make the box to the size of the ramp, the more I can save the customer. A 24"x30"x8" box is 33% more to ship than a 24"x30"x5" box...even though my shipments are light. Dimensional weight really screwed shippers who deal in large but light products.

1 week later
    #66 1 year ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

I'm sorry... but who in the world would name their company "Lasership"???
    The stupidity of that name is a non-starter for me.

Lasership delivers a lot of online orders for stores like Old Navy, REI, etc. They are considered a "regional shipper". These retailers were forced to use these half ass regional shippers because UPS/FedEx decided they ship too much volume and are more bother than they are worth...so they essentially fired their customers and told them to ship another way. Lasership has a huge problem with drivers stealing packages in some areas. I cringe every time I see something coming my way from them.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JodyG.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fedex-isn-t-what-it-used-to-be?tu=JodyG and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.