Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 91 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by gandamack
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

EE137907-5A7C-49F0-BF6D-FE7488BCAD6A (resized).jpeg
    52AD1D44-CD10-43E3-B3F0-36E1C39BE073 (resized).jpeg
    pee yew.gif
    pasted_imageace (resized).png
    wilson.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Elvishasleft.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#33 1 year ago

Fedex pays and treats their employees like shit and it shows...

Their on-time numbers etc are way down last few years while prices have gone up.

I honestly have no idea why anyone still uses Fedex. They have been fucking up for years.

last big snow storm in Memphis Fedex pretty much shut down and told every customer to pound sand.

Fedex freight blows also....

#34 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Just to further clarify my point, UPS drivers are almost always good folks who care about doing a good job and are pleasant to talk to. When I say customer service sucks, I mean if there is a problem and you actually have to contact UPS. I ship and receive a ton of packages, they all make mistakes sometimes, and while it can be incredibly frustrating when it happens, it is to be expected. It just seems to happen way more often from FedEx and often for reasons that shouldn't be happening. Glad to see I am not alone in my opinion of FedEx

UPS drivers are generally union and get paid...

Fedex has been fighting that for years because it will cost them crazy money to actually pay their employees and not treat them like shit amazon style.

#41 1 year ago
    Quoted from RTS:

I was a Fedex driver in the mid 80's into the 90's working in both Silicon Valley and San Francisco. Back then, UPS was terrible and Fedex set the standard. It was a difficult job, and you could get fired for delivering packages late.
    There has been a complete reversal.
    The company went through a severe decline, mostly by lowering their standards and hiring crappy people.
    Every negative comment I've read here is 100% accurate.

Fedex did a great job marketing themselves over the years...

everyone still thinks of them as a top tier carrier even though they have sucked ass for years.

#44 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

I think a lot of fedex drivers are independent operators and thats a big part of the problem. I actually just remembered when I bought my Deadpool it got delivered via FedEx and it was on time, good communication, secured nicely and the driver was a nice guy. He even dollied it into my garage even though it was supposed to be a curbside delivery (I didn't ask him to do this either, he just did it). Of course, I'm sure it helped that I was required to meet him in person to complete the delivery.

Not everyone is an asshole, some people will go their job to the best of their ability no matter what the situation.

These days if something is going fedex freight its wait and cross your fingers it gets there in one piece.

I had one supplier that only used them and they destroyed I don't know how many pallets for my biz over the years. It's like they enjoy ramming pallets with a forklift.

It was a surprise when it didn't arrive trashed which is a terrible way to operate.

#56 1 year ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Over 40 years shipping with them. The current issue isnt who they hire, just the worker shortage in general,
    the hard labor, hours, and deadlines, with shipping increases, time focused customers, and "attitudes".
    Not an excuse, just the reality of today.

It's not the worker shortage.. its that they treat their workers like shit and cant retain them or find new ones who will put up with it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Elvishasleft.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fedex-isn-t-what-it-used-to-be?tu=Elvishasleft and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.