Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 91 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by gandamack
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

EE137907-5A7C-49F0-BF6D-FE7488BCAD6A (resized).jpeg
    52AD1D44-CD10-43E3-B3F0-36E1C39BE073 (resized).jpeg
    pee yew.gif
    pasted_imageace (resized).png
    wilson.gif

There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 1 year ago

Shipped a prepaid for 37lb box packed well with 3 playfields and shipped them via FEDEX from MA to FL on 4/29/22.

Box was supposed to arrive at buyer's house Monday May 2nd.

Just got box delivered back to me yesterday 5/9/22.

Got buyer and FEDEX (overseas somewhere) on the phone and FEDEX told us that the package was refused and nothing they could do about it.
    Spent hours on the phone getting the run around and finally got in contact with their revenue dept and they told us to call back in 3 to 5 days to start the process of a shipping refund of ($110). I don't know who they are hiring but when asked when no one was home at that address, why not leave a door tag saying they attempted delivery and buyer needs to pick it up at FEDEX location? (Buyer was away for a few days while package was attempted delivery).
    And WHY didn't they call my number which was given to them in case of delivery problems that FEDEX asked me for during my filling out the shipper's paperwork? These overseas FEDEX contractors had no answers, just the run around was all that was given and a waste of my valuable time.
    We will see by this Friday when I call them back how they handle this and refund the shipping charges for their incompetence.

Going forward, I will look into using UPS or USPS as I have lost faith in FEDEX.
    Anyone else have a good shipping solution to ship a few playfields?
    Some tracking details of their "shipping" attempt below:

4:16 PM SANFORD, FL
    Returning package to shipper
    Recipient is permanently closed - Unable to deliver shipment - Returning to shipper
    1:43 PM SANFORD, FL
    Delay
    Package delayed
    1:30 PM SANFORD, FL
    Delivery exception
    Incorrect address - Recipient moved
    1:30 PM SANFORD, FL
    Delivery exception
    Refused by recipient

#2 1 year ago

FEDEX is the last carrier I would use. Do they even deliver on weekends? They like to set Friday as the promised delivery and it more times than not turns into the next week.

#3 1 year ago
    Quoted from DRDAVE:

I don't know who they are hiring but when asked when no one was home at that address, why not leave a door tag saying they attempted delivery and buyer needs to pick it up at FEDEX location?

FedEx drivers are allergic to human contact. I work from home and almost never know they delivered something until I get an email or find the package on the porch on my own later.

#4 1 year ago

That stinks.
    I’ve gotten “delivery exception” when I’ve been home waiting for the package. It translated to “didn’t feel like delivering today”. At that time I was able to call a number in the US and told them that there was no attempt, no door tag, etc.

Dave

#5 1 year ago

FedEx people are interesting, some are cool and want to help, others are like piss off.

Oh wait, thats the whole world.

#6 1 year ago

Fedex is the worst carrier by far and the freight side is even worse.

#7 1 year ago

Was FedEx ever very great? I remember even years ago, seeing a hurried Fedex driver attach the "sorry we missed you" sticker to my door and run off without even knocking. Ass-clownery.

#8 1 year ago

Most of my stuff get delivered to the front door. We have a New FedEx gal on the route now that walks up to the overhead garage door and places it where i would run over it with the tires.. saves her about 25 more steps..LAZY. I would never know it was there. Right passenger side as I would back out. I just happened to look out the front window one day and saw her walking up expecting her to come to the front door, next I see her walking back to the truck empty handed. The walk-in side door to to the garage door is just another 8 steps away, guess that is too far also.

Now if it comes FedEx, I have to do a visual before I take off, and this also makes it much easier for someone to take it as it is closer to the street, and more obscured from the house front windows.

Thanks FedEx! This shouldn't even be allowed, maybe it's not?

#9 1 year ago

I’m still waiting on a package from February that they lost in the 14 miles it takes to get here.

#10 1 year ago

Had FedEx pick up a large item recently. The next day the brought it back and left it on the porch. They can't even tell the difference between the to and from addresses on the label.

#11 1 year ago

UPS at our work brings the packages in and stacks them neatly and nicely says hello to everyone. UPS at home brings dog cookies for our dogs and always waves and says hello.

Fedex at work will open the front door and leave packages in the entrance blocking clients from getting in. The boxes look like they were kicked the entire way to us. Fedex at home comes like a stealthy ninja in the night with zero human contact.

Fedex is still a step ahead of our usps guy that sometimes just throws packages in your yard beside the mailbox lol.

#12 1 year ago

FedEx Ground attempted to deliver my Funhouse 2.0 kit. It didn’t arrive. They said my address doesn’t exist. I had it diverted to the closest FedEx outlet. For four days it was “in transit, no details available”. On day 4, I went to the store, where I found it. They said it had been there for four days.

#13 1 year ago

FedEx likes to deliver my packages and leave them on my driveway (as opposed to the COVERED front door area 10 feet away) so that they get rained on.

They don't pay attention to details and are a lazy bunch imo.

#14 1 year ago

Fedex ground is the worst of the main carriers. They aren't quite as bad as Lasership, but they are getting close. Fedex ground is all sub-contractors, which is something Fedex did a while back to save a buck. Even though they say Fedex on the side of the ground truck and the driver wears a Fedex uniform, look at the small letters on the truck. Mine usually say "Operated by Larsen Logistics". Your Fedex Ground delivery person is typically paid far less than a UPS worker in the same position...and it shows. I have had Fedex say they attempted delivery several times in the past and they never even drove on my street, as confirmed by my cameras.

Their website is also stuck in 2004. If you get an error while trying to ship something, it gives you zero information on what the error is actually related to. And don't bother trying to call a human at that place...although the Post Office is even worse when trying to call a human. Fedex seems to do well with large volume shippers...they really don't want business from a little guy like me.

Also beware of rerouting Fedex Packaged to a pickup point like a Family Dollar store. Half the time the store employee doesn't check the packages in, so it looks like it isn't there...but it really is. I will only have packages rerouted to an actual Fedex store access point now.

Note: Fedex Express employees are NOT subcontractors. They are actual FedEx employees with better benefits.

#15 1 year ago

FedEx is by far the worst carrier. I cringe every time I have something shipping fedex. Horrendous customer service (UPS not much better tbh) and just the percentage of screw ups I encounter with them is far higher than UPS or even USPS.

#16 1 year ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

UPS at our work brings the packages in and stacks them neatly and nicely says hello to everyone. UPS at home brings dog cookies for our dogs and always waves and says hello.

Agree, UPS does a fantastic job. I can track my package arriving, they always put them under the covered porch, never have a "missed" delivery. My favorite.

I think FedEx turned south after that plane crashed in the South Pacific and they never recovered from the bad PR...

Wilson Sports, on the other hand, made out like a bandit.

wilson.gifwilson.gif

#17 1 year ago

This will be the norm going forward with just about any large company. Staff shortage and workers that are good are overworked and stressed.

#18 1 year ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

My main UPS driver knows me by name, stops to shoot the shit for a moment, always takes care of my packages. Clearly he's not being timed on if he's out of his truck for 10 seconds longer than he's supposed to be.

I just mailed one of my new Metallica hammer mods to Australia, discovered if I spent then extra $2 to use UPS I could get it there in 2 days instead of the 10 USPS was quoting me. Already heard from the buyer that it arrived safely, that's how I'm doing that from now on.

#19 1 year ago

I believe most FedEx drivers hate their jobs. It is like night and day attitudes compared to UPS. Unfriendly and Lazy.

#20 1 year ago

I like talking to them. Every word out of their mouth is a lie.

Always a bit of fun trying to figure it out with no help from them.

LTG : )

#21 1 year ago

I was picking up parts and leaving my car was in drive when the fedex truck backed in the companies driveway blocking in about 10 cars,I asked the guy to move he says its only a few palletts I will be quick then goes on talking to me about being impatient like Im the tool.Also I love how they put even large packages up against my screen door at home so I have trouble getting out.Many times instead of coming through my gate the Ace Ventura it and just loft it over.UPS does the same.

pasted_imageace (resized).pngpasted_imageace (resized).png
    #22 1 year ago

FedEx is the worst and for some reason it’s the only carrier pinball life uses. I’ve honestly stopped ordering from them unless I absolutely have to because of it.

#23 1 year ago
    Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

FedEx is the worst and for some reason it’s the only carrier pinball life uses. I’ve honestly stopped ordering from them unless I absolutely have to because of it.

Yeah, I wish they'd allow us the option to use USPS again. They dropped USPS during the height of Covid and then never brought them back. It's annoying because FedEx is so much more expensive.

And around me, we never have problems with USPS like people in other cities talk about. Give me the option dammit!

#24 1 year ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

Yeah, I wish they'd allow us the option to use USPS again. They dropped USPS during the height of Covid and then never brought them back. It's annoying because FedEx is so much more expensive.
    And around me, we never have problems with USPS like people in other cities talk about. Give me the option dammit!

Yup. USPS is by far the cheapest and most consistent. I know it was rough for a second but that all was overblown imo and like two years ago.

#25 1 year ago

USPS just added significant fees on for larger packages...its pushing a lot of my customers orders over to UPS.

#26 1 year ago

FedEx is always the absolute worst for me.
    It does not matter what level of service I choose,what I am buying nor where it is coming from.
    There is always some delay or issue.
    I used to have a FedEx account years ago and closed that.
    Any option available besides them is what I pick when given the choice and I do not care how much more that cost or longer it may take. It’s worth it.

#27 1 year ago

Fedex has been a flaming bag of dog crap around here for years, nothing has changed.

I love when I get the notification "we were unable to deliver package because it was after working hours"

Gary : Hello Fedex, I'm calling about package XYZ not delivered.

Fedex : No one was there or business was closed.

Gary : This is a healthcare facility that is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 356 days a year with anything from 85 to 150 people present at all times.

Fedex : Oh. We will talk to supervisor at depot.

Gary : Thank. You.

#28 1 year ago

I did 40 year career as field service tech. Overnight parts delivery. Ups, Fedex ,Greyhound all have issues from time to time. By far worst DHL. They now only work international so no longer in play.

Hold for pickup option at FedEx may make life simpler if you need their service.

Best option take time to get to know your vendor personally .

Enjoy the day Shane

#29 1 year ago

Like to find a E-mail to FedEx corporate with this link of the forum topic here. (not that it would help).

#30 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

FedEx is by far the worst carrier. I cringe every time I have something shipping fedex. Horrendous customer service (UPS not much better tbh) and just the percentage of screw ups I encounter with them is far higher than UPS or even USPS.

Just to further clarify my point, UPS drivers are almost always good folks who care about doing a good job and are pleasant to talk to. When I say customer service sucks, I mean if there is a problem and you actually have to contact UPS. I ship and receive a ton of packages, they all make mistakes sometimes, and while it can be incredibly frustrating when it happens, it is to be expected. It just seems to happen way more often from FedEx and often for reasons that shouldn't be happening. Glad to see I am not alone in my opinion of FedEx

#31 1 year ago
    Quoted from dgAmpGuy:

That stinks.
    I’ve gotten “delivery exception” when I’ve been home waiting for the package. It translated to “didn’t feel like delivering today”. At that time I was able to call a number in the US and told them that there was no attempt, no door tag, etc.
    Dave

Got this too getting an Arcade1Up delivered from Walmart. Plus, it specifically was marked for porch delivery. Have to admit it was 110 lbs and the driver probably wanted to punt to someone else.

#32 1 year ago

Had a pest control company spray our home outside foundation and they spilled some of it I guess while mixing it on the driveway. Large enough to notice, probably a stain about 8 inches in diameter. Same day, FedEx delivery person puts the package right square in the middle of the chemical stain. And get this, the package contained a food grade 3D printed drink cup I had printed for my Super Chexx by Xometry. Xometry uses FedEx exclusively. I asked them why. Maddening.

#33 1 year ago

Fedex pays and treats their employees like shit and it shows...

Their on-time numbers etc are way down last few years while prices have gone up.

I honestly have no idea why anyone still uses Fedex. They have been fucking up for years.

last big snow storm in Memphis Fedex pretty much shut down and told every customer to pound sand.

Fedex freight blows also....

#34 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Just to further clarify my point, UPS drivers are almost always good folks who care about doing a good job and are pleasant to talk to. When I say customer service sucks, I mean if there is a problem and you actually have to contact UPS. I ship and receive a ton of packages, they all make mistakes sometimes, and while it can be incredibly frustrating when it happens, it is to be expected. It just seems to happen way more often from FedEx and often for reasons that shouldn't be happening. Glad to see I am not alone in my opinion of FedEx

UPS drivers are generally union and get paid...

Fedex has been fighting that for years because it will cost them crazy money to actually pay their employees and not treat them like shit amazon style.

#35 1 year ago

Our regular UPS guy is awesome! Our regular FedEx guy is awesome! All the fill-in UPS people are still pretty good. All the fill-in FedEx people are horrible, they are lazy and leave the package at the bottom of the driveway in the weather. Our one main USPS guy is super awesome! If he has to bring a package to the door he will also bring the mail and hand it to me. ALL the fill-in USPS people are super crabby nasty rotten horrible people. All of our amazon people don’t even get out of the vehicle, they just throw the package at the front door, I have this on video!

#36 1 year ago
    Quoted from woody76:

Fedex is the worst carrier by far and the freight side is even worse.

FedEX freight has been unbelievably BAD with some games shipped to me.

pee yew.gifpee yew.gif

#37 1 year ago

I was a Fedex driver in the mid 80's into the 90's working in both Silicon Valley and San Francisco. Back then, UPS was terrible and Fedex set the standard. It was a difficult job, and you could get fired for delivering packages late.

There has been a complete reversal.

The company went through a severe decline, mostly by lowering their standards and hiring crappy people.

Every negative comment I've read here is 100% accurate.

#38 1 year ago

Recently I had two packages that went missing. The first never showed up and I was refunded my shipping expenses.

Then another package went missing as I was told I did not put a delivery address on the box. This info can from my local FedEx rep who said he had talked to the station. Well the package did finally make it and it had the delivery label on the box as the receiver took a picture and sent to me.

I have had pretty good luck with FedEx ground up till these two recent situations. I had the ability to call my local rep but he turned out to be useless!!

I then Decided what the hell, I am going to write a letter to the ceo and copy the theee or four other senior execs about this. Well low and behold I got a call back from the assistant to the ceo Fred Smith. She was very helpful and gave me her cell phone in the event I needed help in the future.

She has continued to stay in touch with me. Really all I could ask. Competition is tough. We all want lower freight expenses. At some point the picture fractures. Kind of like all those that want cheaper prices so they goto Walmart to buy stuff that is made in china than complain about things being made in china. Can’t have it both ways. Sorry Walmart shoppers.

I have had issues with ups as well and never had the ability to talk to the CEO’s assistant to get something resolved. I will stay with FedEx. No one is perfect but they earned my business back by the way they handled my letters to senior executives.

Would have been nice if I could have gotten the same response when I wrote to JJP about the Lloyd situation. Oh well. Gnr is my last JJP. Got to speak with my wallet.

#39 1 year ago
    Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

I just got a package from Pinball Life and it is UPS ground

#40 1 year ago

I just used FEDEX to ship a playfield from Ottawa Canada to Walla Walla, WA and it got there real quick and in pristine condition. Guess I got lucky lol.

#41 1 year ago
    Quoted from RTS:

I was a Fedex driver in the mid 80's into the 90's working in both Silicon Valley and San Francisco. Back then, UPS was terrible and Fedex set the standard. It was a difficult job, and you could get fired for delivering packages late.
    There has been a complete reversal.
    The company went through a severe decline, mostly by lowering their standards and hiring crappy people.
    Every negative comment I've read here is 100% accurate.

Fedex did a great job marketing themselves over the years...

everyone still thinks of them as a top tier carrier even though they have sucked ass for years.

#42 1 year ago
    Quoted from Elvishasleft:

Fedex pays and treats their employees like shit and it shows...
    Their on-time numbers etc are way down last few years while prices have gone up.
    I honestly have no idea why anyone still uses Fedex. They have been fucking up for years.
    last big snow storm in Memphis Fedex pretty much shut down and told every customer to pound sand.
    Fedex freight blows also....

I think a lot of fedex drivers are independent operators and thats a big part of the problem. I actually just remembered when I bought my Deadpool it got delivered via FedEx and it was on time, good communication, secured nicely and the driver was a nice guy. He even dollied it into my garage even though it was supposed to be a curbside delivery (I didn't ask him to do this either, he just did it). Of course, I'm sure it helped that I was required to meet him in person to complete the delivery.

#43 1 year ago
    Quoted from GPS:

Recently I had two packages that went missing.

How could this happen? Didn't you place GPS sensors in both packages?

#44 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

I think a lot of fedex drivers are independent operators and thats a big part of the problem. I actually just remembered when I bought my Deadpool it got delivered via FedEx and it was on time, good communication, secured nicely and the driver was a nice guy. He even dollied it into my garage even though it was supposed to be a curbside delivery (I didn't ask him to do this either, he just did it). Of course, I'm sure it helped that I was required to meet him in person to complete the delivery.

Not everyone is an asshole, some people will go their job to the best of their ability no matter what the situation.

These days if something is going fedex freight its wait and cross your fingers it gets there in one piece.

I had one supplier that only used them and they destroyed I don't know how many pallets for my biz over the years. It's like they enjoy ramming pallets with a forklift.

It was a surprise when it didn't arrive trashed which is a terrible way to operate.

#45 1 year ago

FedEx delivered a Rush Premium to a friend's house unscathed.

#46 1 year ago

Just got a note from BG resto that my backglasses have finally shipped! Yay!
    But then I just got a note they shipped via FEDEX.
    And checking tracking, there is of course the obligatory FEDEX "Delivery Exception" noted.

#47 1 year ago

Retired from FedEx EXPRESS after 40 plus years of service. Do not lump FedEx Ground in with FedEx Express. Yes, Ground is a giant step backwards in service and are struggling to keep their heads above water and hire quality people...just like many companies.

#48 1 year ago

I order a lot from lego.com and they always use fedex. Worst shipping company on the planet. I work from home and several times I have watched them drop packages and not say a word.

#49 1 year ago
    Quoted from drwicket:

I order a lot from lego.com and they always use fedex. Worst shipping company on the planet. I work from home and several times I have watched them drop packages and not say a word.

Fedex discounts for large shippers are pretty impressive and hard to beat. Whoever mentioned Pinball Life using Fedex...I have always had their orders arrive via UPS or USPS.

#50 1 year ago
    Quoted from GPS:I then Decided what the hell, I am going to write a letter to the ceo and copy the theee or four other senior execs about this. Well low and behold I got a call back from the assistant to the ceo Fred Smith. She was very helpful and gave me her cell phone in the event I needed help in the future.

She is wonderful Lady, with a beautiful family......You can send her a box of jigsaw puzzles!
    We got to know each other, and share our mutual joy in these.

Over 40 years shipping with them. The current issue isnt who they hire, just the worker shortage in general,
    the hard labor, hours, and deadlines, with shipping increases, time focused customers, and "attitudes".
    Not an excuse, just the reality of today.

There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fedex-isn-t-what-it-used-to-be and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.