(Topic ID: 258047)

Fed up with replacing just replaced Eiko bulbs!

By Vintage-Pinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

455 (resized).png
    20190813_191707_resized (resized).jpg
    IMG_2941 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stashyboy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 4 years ago

Feature lamps on early solid state games will strobe unless one replaces the lamp driver board to accommodate LEDs. I have incandescent bulbs in mine. They do tend to burn out quicker. Steve at PBR admitted the Eiko bulb filaments are not as sturdy as the older GE and Holland bulbs. I tend to use LEDs on my EM games under inserts (also lower heat). Yes, Warm White retro type as others have mentioned. I have enough old original 44/47 type bulbs that I cull out of project games to keep for use above the play field These can be cleaned up in an ultrasonic or some have even suggested Tumblr but I like the ultrasonic treatment.

3 weeks later
    #24 4 years ago
    Quoted from zarco:

Part of the problem may be the higher line voltage power companies now
    deliver. At my place its nominally 123vac and older machines were
    designed for 115vac. Some people like the 'hi tap' the transformers in
    their pins to get more umph from flipper and slings. Thats bad for
    the bulbs. Many EM's have a primary tap on the transformer for
    120vac. Try that.
    Do agree that new bulbs fail more often than old GE types
    but not as bad as some here have experienced.
    Steve

Every game I have ever switched to hi tap, only effects the coil voltage not a general illumination 6 volt side of the Transformer.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stashyboy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fed-up-with-replacing-just-replaced-eiko-bulbs?tu=stashyboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.