(Topic ID: 314889)

Fed-ex horror story

By ripit

1 year ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

I bought a new machine from a man in Salt Lake City. I was going to ship it to Oregon from friends house.It was still on the pallet and never opened. After many attempts to ship it on line. I got a phone # from the Fed-ex driver which got me to the local office for which they said I had to call Salt Lake City. In doing so the lady said i had to Cod it. I figured they had to make sure on the wieght. It was the only was to go residential to residental without a account. I exsplained that I tried joining as was not sure if it went thru though it gave me a quote for 5 hundered and something which i figured was about a 150.00 more than normal for which I could deal with. 2 days before the delivery they called to schedule and I asked the cost. 2840.00. After going thru 5 different reps they knocked 60% for a total of 1350.00 and I am suppossed to act gratefull. BEWARE

#2 1 year ago
Quoted from ripit:

I bought a new machine from a man in Salt Lake City. I was going to ship it to Oregon from friends house.It was still on the pallet and never opened. After many attempts to ship it on line. I got a phone # from the Fed-ex driver which got me to the local office for which they said I had to call Salt Lake City. In doing so the lady said i had to Cod it. I figured they had to make sure on the wieght. It was the only was to go residential to residental without a account. I exsplained that I tried joining as was not sure if it went thru though it gave me a quote for 5 hundered and something which i figured was about a 150.00 more than normal for which I could deal with. 2 days before the delivery they called to schedule and I asked the cost. 2840.00. After going thru 5 different reps they knocked 60% for a total of 1350.00 and I am suppossed to act gratefull. BEWARE

That sucks. Sorry to hear that. I always use a shipping broker so I know the exact cost upfront and they deal with FedEx directly.

#3 1 year ago

Its just going to get worse. With diesel skyrocketing the days of 350 shipping are over.

2800 though is ridiculous.

#4 1 year ago

If you call fedex freight directly with no account you will get some ridiculous retail rate.

They don't deal with consumers or want to do one off shipments, they are setup to deal with corporate accounts or brokers.

Just call a proper broker or beltman or whatever.. they get better rates than you ever will going direct. Prices are up for sure but that is ridiculous...

make sure you pay up for cargo insurance also not just use carrier insurance (because its worthless)

#5 1 year ago

R&L, Forward Air, any freight forwarder (broker), Beltmann, hell maybe try U-Ship at those rates.

I used to ship games to my buddies in Chicago for like $100.

#6 1 year ago

I agree with a new direction. How do you put the price of that in the cost of a machine? Hope somebody learns from me.

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from ripit:

I agree with a new direction. How do you put the price of that in the cost of a machine? Hope somebody learns from me.

Tell the seller to arrange their own shipping and then they cant bitch at you about the cost -

#8 1 year ago

FedEx and UPS are buys screwing the little guy as hard as possible so they can make up the big accounts for whom they practically ship for free. When you can buy from Amazon an 8 foot bed mat that weighs 42lbs. shipped to your house for less than you can buy it at a local store.... you know something's funny.

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from GregCon:

FedEx and UPS are buys screwing the little guy as hard as possible so they can make up the big accounts for whom they practically ship for free. When you can buy from Amazon an 8 foot bed mat that weighs 42lbs. shipped to your house for less than you can buy it at a local store.... you know something's funny.

They don't screw anyone... like any company they give discounts based on volume.

It's not their fault most people are too dumb to look into their options, there are a number of ways to get cheaper rates as a consumer if people bother to look.

Most people just walk into a UPS or Fedex retail store and pay the highest rates possible.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 45.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Island, NY
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brookings, OR
$ 375.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinMod Industries

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fed-ex-horror-story and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.