(Topic ID: 32740)

Features you would like to see in the upcoming Hobbit Pin!

By alchy999

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Ok anyone have things they would like to see. Any original ideas? We need someone to add something never been done before agree?

#2 11 years ago

An accurate release date.

#3 11 years ago

How 'bout a card inside with a rebate on JJP # 3.

#4 11 years ago

Starfighter cool idea could have $500 off next title as long as you make it to 2015

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

Impossible, since they'll already be taking deposits on JJP#4 by the time The Hobbit is released.

#6 11 years ago

3 nice ramps...1 left, 1 right, 1 upper flipper ramp...then the rest is up to them to decide...make them different like Whitewater or something

#7 11 years ago

Have the ball disappear into a cellar hole in Golum's Cave and pop out at a random spot on the playfield.

#8 11 years ago

Furry feet flippers.

#9 11 years ago

Golem single Multi ball

#10 11 years ago

2 foot legs for Hobbit friendly playabillty!

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

Agreed!

#12 11 years ago

Ramps for sure. Something different would be a pinball that lights up or glows in the dark like when the sword glows around the trolls/gorgs. Yes faster game play as well. Oh and six ball mulitball for all six movies total in series or 6 mutiball modes for each movie.

#13 11 years ago

Some fast game play. At least three flippers and three ramps. Upper flipper should shoot at least one ramp as well as some other shots. Combo system in the ruleset, mode stacking. And the display in the playfield not in the back box.

#15 11 years ago

Don't care as I will not be buying it

#16 11 years ago

I want it to have a 'subway', at least two ramps, 3 flippers, killer art (similar to LOTR) and sound package, and top quality build quality. I really want it to warrant the price tag.

#17 11 years ago

A good sound track
forgot who the actress is who plays the white Elf lady but she has a very nice voice

#18 11 years ago

A animated Smaug dragon toy that features bright blue eye beams that spotlight the play field and scan back and forth searching for the ball. The Player's ball, (which acts a hobbit) needs to avoid the beams as a coordinating magnet underneath the play field can capture the ball. This could be a sudden death or Smaug multi-ball mode.

#19 11 years ago

Video from The Hobbit, Internet Connectivity with leaderboards, Tweakable Rulesets, and Frickin Lasers.

-Wes

#20 11 years ago

Ramps, lots of stacking, at least 3 multiballs, mini wizard and wizard modes, video mode, lots of bling and toys, deep rules, 3 flippers, NO mini upper playfield crap like woz, nice flow

#21 11 years ago

I was thinking that it would be cool if they used LCDs instead of pricing cards. In attract mode it could show the pricing inter-cut with scenes from the film, and then when you play it could show you all of the info and animations for the game. It doesn't make much sense to me to put the LCD in the backbox. I never look up much when I'm playing even with a DMD. Having the LCDs in the apron would make it visible while you are actually playing and help let you know what to shoot for.

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from pinballpete:

LCDs instead of pricing cards

F-Yeah! Jack, DO THIS!

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from pinballpete:

I was thinking that it would be cool if they used LCDs instead of pricing cards. In attract mode it could show the pricing inter-cut with scenes from the film, and then when you play it could show you all of the info and animations for the game. It doesn't make much sense to me to put the LCD in the backbox. I never look up much when I'm playing even with a DMD. Having the LCDs in the apron would make it visible while you are actually playing and help let you know what to shoot for.

Honestly they don't need a pricing card at all. They can show that on the main display.

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

Have the ball disappear into a cellar hole in Golum's Cave and pop out at a random spot on the playfield.

I couldnt agree more. Random returns from VUKs would bring diversity.
Golum is going to be key.

Anyone think fiber optical lighting would be cool?

I would love a ramp shot the changes position or opening width.
Meaning the mouth could get smaller for a harder shot, or the whole ramp could move into a slightly different angle or position.

Todays software could make this and many other features full customization, deeper then before
from the user side.

How about a negative mode.....shots that take points away.

#25 11 years ago

Unlockable features and keeps track of stats like skirt pinball are doing on Predator seems like a nice different touch and brings something new to pinball.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.50
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/features-you-would-like-to-see-in-the-upcoming-hobbit-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.