(Topic ID: 323327)

Feature Request: Ignore/Hide Ads From Certain Users

By SantaEatsCheese

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    #1 1 year ago

Could we get a way to ignore/hide for sale ads from certain users? A substantial portion of the ads in my area are from someone associated with someone slimey I will never do business with again. I understand we have an ignore button to hide posts from certain users, but this does not seem to hide their ads or prevent me from getting "wishlist ad" notifications when they post something on my list for sale.

#2 1 year ago

Or just the pinstadium ads at least.

#3 1 year ago

This has been asked for before. Nothing implemented as of yet.
    -Mike

#4 1 year ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Could we get a way to ignore/hide for sale ads from certain users? A substantial portion of the ads in my area are from someone associated with someone slimey I will never do business with again. I understand we have an ignore button to hide posts from certain users, but this does not seem to hide their ads or prevent me from getting "wishlist ad" notifications when they post something on my list for sale.

If they are paying for ads doubtful it will be implemented.

Semi related; at one time i rented a post office box for my business and it regularly got stuffed with junk mail. I complained to postmaster and he stated that they had no choice but to deliver the mail and junkmail was a revenue generator for USPS.

Told him I know how to fix that and he asked how so and cancelled my PO box.

#5 1 year ago

They will probably want to charge you something for that service.

#7 1 year ago

who is that someone slimey?

#8 1 year ago
    Quoted from timtim:

Or just the pinstadium ads at least.

Did you try turning on hyperfusionpixel filter featuring megablur 110x version 16.2P Orion edition?

It's only $700 but works great for me. It seems like it's a just a standard filter but it's so much more. Plus it has an app. I mean you'd pay 1k for a topper right?

#9 1 year ago

Please Please Please Please add this feature.

Looking for parts in the personal market place is an exercise in futility. 30 pages of the same listings spammed out a dozen different ways.

Does there need to be an individual listing for each color of pindefender? Do I really need to scroll through 4 pages of ROMS? Lenticular Apron Cards!!! 3D Coin Reject Buttons!!! Professional Pinball Art Print!!!! Posts! FLIPPER TOPPERS!!!! LIghTed ShOOteR ROD PlatEZ!!!
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #10 1 year ago
    Quoted from The_Pump_House:

Lenticular Apron Cards

To be fair, you should only see those (possibly) on 14 of your 47 machines. I only link them to games I make actual sets for. I know what you are saying about specific parts for games, but if you go through Pinside marketplace, there really aren't a lot of parts, mostly mods, and storefronts with ramps, etc. that you are already finding all over the internet anyways.

I think the days of finding parts for games that are only from a private seller are long gone. I think the best place to find specific parts is in the individual game "club" threads.

#11 1 year ago

I just don’t think it’s a fair ask.

These “annoying” ads pay the bills. Pinstadium alone is probably putting several Dutch Kids through university.

People tend to forget that this place is - after all - a business.

#12 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I just don’t think it’s a fair ask.
    These “annoying” ads pay the bills. Pinstadium alone is probably putting several Dutch Kids through university.
    People tend to forget that this place is - after all - a business.

I've got no problem with paid ad support for Pinside. However, when that implementation makes part of the website completely useless it doesn't benefit the advertiser or the user.

Further, are all spam listings (like the roms for example) paying advertising fees to take up four pages on my personal market page?

The ability to be able to "collapse" a users listings to a single listing would be welcomed

#13 1 year ago

My issue is not so much not wanting to see Pinstadium, Roms, or any Pinsider business ads, my issue is not wanting to see ads from specific pinsiders.

Example. I am working a long distance pickup with someone and they don't let me know the game does not boot until I specifically ask, hours before going on the trip. I no longer want to do business with this individual and don't want to see their ads, despite 20+ ads between him and his business partner showing up in my feed. I get "wishlist notifications" that a South Park is for sale in my area. I open up Pinside and see it is the same crooked individual and his business partner that tried to screw me over already. Many others have complained in a separate thread about said seller.

#14 1 year ago

My issue is not so much not wanting to see Pinstadium, Roms, or any Pinsider business ads, my issue is not wanting to see ads from specific pinsiders.
    Example. I am working a long distance pickup with someone and they don't let me know the game does not boot until I specifically ask, hours before going on the trip. I no longer want to do business with this individual and don't want to see their ads, despite 20+ ads between him and his business partner showing up in my feed. I get "wishlist notifications" that a South Park is for sale in my area. I open up Pinside and see it is the same crooked individual and his business partner that tried to screw me over already. Many others have complained in a separate thread about said seller.

Can't you just put the person on ignore? I thought I did that in the past with a vendor that constantly spammed the marketplace.

#15 1 year ago
    Quoted from Deez:

Can't you just put the person on ignore? I thought I did that in the past with a vendor that constantly spammed the marketplace.

Yes, but their classified ads still show.

1 year later

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/feature-request-ignore-hide-ads-from-certain-users and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.