Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Whysnow
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

I have noticed recently that a few of our favorite flippers like to post on the market and then delete and repost every few day. This is silly and I get tired of seeing the same advert over and over again. For example that severely overpriced fish tales topper that pops up to the top every few days.

Can we get a built in feature that prevents this abuse from happening?

#2 9 years ago

I agree, when I look in my area I dont have the same problem, but there are only a dozen plus ads, so its not like I dont look at all of them. There should be a feature on craigslist where you have to wait a certain amount of time to relist to avoid bump happy sellers.

In my experience if your item is priced fairly you wont have to bump it anyway.

#3 9 years ago

Closet is bad also, but it am talking about the inside market ads. a few regulars that seem to post, delete a few days later, and then repost just to keep them at the top. Annoying and old real quick.

#4 9 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Closet is bad also, but it am talking about the inside market ads.

I think we both had misspellings in our posts. I think you meant to say "craigslist is bad also" instead of closet

Quoted from practicalsteve:

There should be a feature on craigslist where you have to wait a certain amount of time to relist to avoid bump happy sellers.

and I meant to see there should be a feature LIKE on craigslist where you have to wait a certain amount of time before re listing, they should do the same thing for the market on here.

#5 9 years ago

yes, lol.

that is what I get for typing on an ipad.

#6 9 years ago

Yes I have also noted this happening sometimes. One idea that might stop this is something I have been thinking about for a while: a small placement fee for ads on the Market Place. The idea is that businesses (who place more than one ad per month) get charged a small amount for using the Pinside Market. After all, they're also making money using this site.

I figured 1 free ad per month should be enough for most regular Pinsiders, who sell at most 1 game per month. Any additional ads would cost something like $3.00 per ad? That should help to bring some (much needed) income in the Pinside cashbox.

While we're on the subject, the Market section is looking at a huge update which is pretty much done now and took me about two weeks to build. It looks awesome and will be a big improvement over what we have now. I'm still working on a couple of small things but it should launch soon and will make Pinside the best place for pinball classified ads! At least, that's my opinion

So what do you think? Is it realistic to charge a small amount for people placing more than 1 ad per month?

#7 9 years ago

I think it is realistic, but without seeing the numbers to crunch it is hard to see if it is the best decision or not?

Maybe a donation level package?

If you donated $X per year then you get to place X number of ads per month
    donate the next highest level and get to place more ads per month?

I can see it being a PITA for businesses to pay for each ad, but a one time donation fee that allows them more ability to post is good. May be good to poll some of the bigger market place users and see what they think of this? I think the real offenders are probably 3 different people that I could name off the top of my head and most of them are not really businesses as much as flippers making a quick buck (or trying to?).

I am guessing most genuine businesses actually update their donation on regular basis.

On that note, I need to reup for personal support. Incoming soon.

#8 9 years ago

I think it's a realistic request to charge a few bucks - I also look forward to checking out this new market place!

#9 9 years ago

The market place adds value to all of us, as does the tech help , and the many other benefits Pinside offers. I am in complete agreement with requiring a donation level, or fee to support the ongoing development and maintenance costs as well as controlling misuse .

#10 9 years ago

I think a fee to post ads seems reasonable.

2 weeks later
    #11 9 years ago

same shit different day

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/15017

this guy has posted, deleted and reported this damn topper so many times just so it will stay in view at the top of the market.

NOBODY is buying your piece of crap FT topper for WAY TOO MUCH!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/feature-request-for-pinside-market and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.