(Topic ID: 113557)

Feature - Added functions for 'Collection' and Maps?

By Coyote

9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

It's obvious that the biggest draw to Pinside is the forums, moreso than the user account's collection of games, and the user's map.(*) So, these ideas may not be worth it, as I'm not sure the # of folks that would take advantage of it would make it all worthwhile.

However, I thought I'd mention them, in case.

Maps Feature - Since my only game right now is out of service as the PF gets restored, I'm going into withdrawal. There's a handful of Pinsiders around me, go figure! While scanning over the map, it'd be neat if a pinsider was open for visits. I.e. A new option on the Account that specifies how open they are to having visitors over. One of three options or so, like, 'No, no visitors.', or 'Yes, visitors are welcome, depending on time, PM!' or 'Yes, anytime I'm home, stop by!'. When I click on a pinsider near me, their selected option would appear in their bubble. This would help in, for example, me sending out 15 PMs, some getting flagged for spam (because some pinsiders are like that) and most of the rest going unanswered.

Pinsider's Collection - Would it be possible to create a page for games in the user's collection? For example, if someone looks at my collection, when clicking on my Twilight Zone, I'd like the user to be able to go to a page where it would have notes (stories?) on the game, and images OF THAT game. (Unlike now, where it takes you to the Archive page of TZ, and shows ALL images..)

Anyways, just some thoughts. Not sure if many folks would take advantage of it, but hey. It's late and I'm bored.

--Mike

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/feature-added-functions-for-collection-and-maps and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.