(Topic ID: 136745)

The Walking Dead , Fear TWD, NO Comic Book Spoilers! Show Discussion......

By OLDPINGUY

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,412 posts
  • 173 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by miracleman
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

corey-hawkins-as-heath-the-walking-dead (resized).jpg
wall falls 2 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
giphy.gif
TVSHOWS (resized).png
CD0ACFA4-F349-43D7-9B87-291D2CCCBF10 (resized).jpeg
DTS19NHX0AAC6Ii (resized).png
vlcsnap-2018-10-08-00h10m09s275 (resized).png
IMG_3933 (resized).jpeg
54E1E698-185E-46FC-ABF4-97939B92A8E7 (resized).jpeg
the-walking-dead-s9-poster (resized).jpg
901782DC-EAD0-4BB1-A655-281B315D1F98 (resized).jpeg
remote (resized).jpg
Kim-Dickens-as-Joanie-Stubbs-in-Deadwood-Season-2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taxman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#124 8 years ago

I find it hard to believe this garbage was produced by the same people as TWD.

Next week they can kill off every character and I would not care. I'm rooting for the Zombies on this one.

1 week later
#172 8 years ago

I am looking forward to next week. Because it is the last episode for the season and this crap fest can end. The way these people view the military is really absurd.

This just shows me how much they lucked out with the original. If this writing leaks into the original its over, the magic is gone. The zombies have left the building so shut the lights off.

#177 8 years ago

Funny, I have not read anything about FTWD outside of this Pinside thread. If I have time I am going to look outside and see what other fans are saying. But I have the feeling it will be the same, just a lot more of it.

#182 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

-The kids know that shit is going down and no one will listen to them so they stop giving a flying F*ck. In this scene; it shows that they know shit is bad, they even said something to the matter of 'its not like theyre ever coming back anyway' then begin to trash it. I think it was a very important scene.

So "good" kids rather than having respect for the dead become vandals? Screw them, should be shot for looting but it is unfortunate that they will be around. Could have been likeable, now they are trash.

#183 8 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I think you have to assume that the geopolitical world is much different then our own. Maybe the military or government is responsible for creating this whole zombie outbreak. We really don't know.

Yes, they like to push evil military and government. Getting tired of that overused plot line. Maybe its a group of environmentalists thinking they are getting back at some "big bad corporation" that end up causing the biggest issue ever by smashing up some lab.

1 week later
#208 8 years ago

My thoughts exactly. These bunch of nice guys just killed how many people by releasing the Zombie herd? Oh wait, it is the evil military so we don't care.

They did it to get three people back and ended up with just the druggie.

The druggie thinks everyone is in his world now? How's that? He spends his life leaching off other people and now those people and resources are not available. Sure, his mom grabbed a bunch of drugs for him, she is a tool. Druggies death would have been the only saving grace to this season.

Oh, and little idiot boy trying to take on 3 soldiers. That was just stupid. Why not just say "we don't have the keys" or something? But trying to punch him out was so stupid.

The best thing about this show is the fact that now that it is over the real show comes back on Sunday. I hope it does not start to suffer from whatever happened to this train-wreck.

Does anyone know if this is the consensus on blogs outside of Pinside? Is AMC hearing this?

1 week later
#230 8 years ago

So well done. From the characters to the filming. The Black and White cuts to the past are a nice touch for building the "how we go to this point".

Story Sync is a bit lame, but nothing to do with the show.

Bravo -

#237 8 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

For Mr. I Don't Take Risks Anymore, this whole parade concept seems awfully.... risky.
I don't understand why this wasn't time for a molotov cocktail party.

When Carol blew up the propane tank at Terminus all it did was create a bunch of Zombies on fire.

#240 8 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

I didn't imagine at the beginning of TWD you could die and not turn right? At that point you had to be bit. Then somewhere, think leading up to CDC or maybe at the farm.. They realized that's changed and now they are all basically infected and will change for dieing of any cause. Unless they just hadn't seen anyone die of natural causes yet.. If so I got the wrong impression.. Or just imagined it (I binge watched the first two seasons)
Which is why I found the first two episodes of FTWD incongruent.

There were signs of it early on. The first clue was when they found two zombie security guards that had no bite marks. But at that point no one had died of anything other than a bite. The fact that the virus was in everyone and that being bitten only accelarated death was the secret the CDC guy whispered to Rick at the very end of season 1.

Fear The Walking Dead had the military using the electric cattle hammer to cause brain trauma to keep them down. So they learned about this early.

#243 8 years ago

Of course the reason is for future conflict. But I thought they said something to the extent of if they started getting the heard to riled up they would be breaking loose and running wild. If they kept them calm they could be controlled and lead.

Also, that would take a lot of fuel they might not have or need. I forgot how the ones outside Mercy Hospital got burned. The tar on the road was made molten and still they were alive, just stuck to it.

2 weeks later
#331 8 years ago

Glen will wake up next to Suzanne Pleshette.

I think Glen is dead. Now Maggie has lost Glen, her father and sister. By the time this is over Carol, Michone and Maggie will be the bad-ass women trio.

I think people are really that stupid in panicked survival situations. They can't turn a screw driver before the apocalypse why would zombies make them know how to use guns an knives. If there is going to be one night of snow they panic and clear the shelves of milk and bread do you think they would think about escape routes when a herd is coming at them?

Think about basic drowning rescue. A panicked drowning person is an extreme danger to the person trying to save them. This is the whole point of what Rick has been saying. These people should have been dead in the beginning.

Great show. Puts "Fear" to complete shame.

Oh, I think Rick gets rescued by Daryl on the motorcycle. Either picking him up or distracting them while he lays low.

#351 8 years ago

Just to clarify where Rick cut his hand. He was running down the road and came on 3 zombies eating a corpse. Glen talked on the radio and this made them notice him. He stabbed zombie 1 in the head. Zombie 2 stood up with a large knife going into his back shoulder and coming out the front of his chest. When Rick held the zombie back for a second before stabbing he cut himself on the zombie blood cover knife tip. So this can go either way.

I do not know the comics. But these guys have had more zombie blood in there mouths and eyes at this point. And the fact that "everyone has it in their systems" I wonder if they are immune to small doses at this point.

#354 8 years ago

And all 3 episodes take place at the same time over a few hours. So cool.

Maybe "saliva" is stronger than blood?

#365 8 years ago

Eh, not a plot hole, just standard for having a show. If you want stupid expiation it can be as simple as - whatever keeps them animated makes them seen alive to insects.

Insects eat the carrion. If that was what was happening the only Zombies left would be fresh ones. Think about it. A few months in all would be dirt.

#373 8 years ago

Disappointed. Why waste an extra long episode like this? Do you really care that much why Morgan won't kill? It could have been done with a few flash backs. Is this all to explain why he is keeping Wolf guy alive? And you knew the poor goat was going to get it in the end.

Once again Morgan going all zen has blood on his hands. When he first ran into the Wolf guys he knocked them out and put them in a car for safety. Then they went on to slaughter people at Alexandria so how many live are on him? Now we waste an hour and a half to see his reckless behavior continuing. I hope Carol takes him out or the Wolf guy himself.

Poor goat.

#385 8 years ago

Remember every zombie, every body buried in Eastman's back year all were people.

And I only care about the goat.

2 weeks later
#401 8 years ago

I thought the call for help at the end was from the writers of Fear TWD.

#414 8 years ago

Didn't "D" empty the gas tanker into the forest? That's why there is a burn section that took out their friends in the greenhouse.

#416 8 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

I assumed that was another gas truck that they'd used for that fire. I thought they'd talked about blowing one up for that fire.
They went back to that complex/factory looking for 'Patty' (the gas truck that wasn't where they expected it to be) which was found by Daryl at the end of the episode. That made me think it was a different one, but maybe not.

Could be. I just figured it Daryl found it at the beginning (or end) of the burn. Like they opened it up, drove, parked it and lit it.

2 months later
#459 8 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Was that meant for the X-files thread?

That is so funny. I read that yesterday and got confused. I decided to back away slowly and figure out if it was just me.

3 weeks later
#498 8 years ago

Ginger guy who does not understand having a kid will self sacrifice.

Maggie is hot in real life but new ones are coming.

How many people have you killed? Why?

#505 8 years ago

NO COMIC SPOILERS PLEASE

Carol didn't want to kill the other woman because she realized she came from the same roots as her. And even lost 4 daughters. So there by the grace of God go I. But she pulled a trigger to the side of the other girls head without hesitation and set a bunch of people on fire.

2 weeks later
#577 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Daryl better be fucking dead.
This season has had enough "fake outs."
We all love him but really the character has kind of run its course. He's a worthy sacrifice in a season that has seen countless nobodies killed off to no great effect.

Why would Daryl be dead? The guy holds the gun to his shoulder and the camera gets sprayed with blood. But as it was fading out you hear him say something like - He'll be alright or he'll live or something. If was obviously just to hurt him for fun.

#582 8 years ago

Also and island cuts off their own access to supplies and escape. No more medicine (remember getting sick in the prison), canned food, gasoline, ammo . . . These guys just started planting food. They are trading since the supplies have run low and are still raiding vending machines. Escaping the walkers has moved down a few pegs on the list of things to worry about.

#600 8 years ago

I don't want to heard anything about the comic. I try and skip when someone say comic or spoiler. Please go start a Walking Dead comic thread. I was getting ready to start skipping the thread because I do hate when things get spoiled. I read the thread only after I catch up on the show.

I wish there didn't have to be punishment and just common courtesy to people discussing a show they all like, but some people don't read or care about what other people are asking. So I go with lowepg, send them to GB3.

#608 8 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

The comic has been out for over 10 years, if you haven't read it yet, it's well past the time period of being a spoiler. Part of the discussion about the TV show should be about discussing the source material. There is a lot of interesting conversation to be had by drawing comparisons to the comic. If I mention that Bruce Willis is a ghost at the end of sixth sense, now 15 years after the movie was released, is that really still a spoiler? I don't think so.
To people concerned about the comic spoilers, are you planning on reading the comic at some point?

No, I don't plan on reading the comic. I don't plan on going to the comic book store to catch up on 10 years worth of a comic. I do plan on watching the show. So I started reading this thread with "show discussion" in the title. If you start a thread called All things Walking Dead or Walking Dead show vs Comic, I will avoid reading.

I read your comment before it was edited and was bummed that I had. I am not the one who reported it as abuse or anything because I know sometimes this stuff comes with the territory. But I guess someone did. And now that the moderator brought it up for a discussion I am making my opinion known. I don't want to hear anything about the comic. Sorry if your opinion is that I should go read the comic to ruin the show for myself, I'll pass. Editing did not work since I had already read it, so I guess punitive action are what it takes for people to have courtesy to other's requests then so be it.

#617 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I don't watch the "talking" shows, they annoy me. I don't typically seek out news about the show on the interwebs either--unless I just happen across it.
I just watch the show.

Me also.

#620 8 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

No it is not, it's a story developed completely for TV.

I hope the junky kid gets eaten by a Sharknado. Then I might become a dedicated watcher.

Do those commercials on the airplane have anything to do with the regular show or are they trying to get you to watch some kind of on-line episodes?

#635 8 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

No spoilers here, but in the comic Negan explains that in the comic in the same scene....I cant kill the leader....
They need to swap out his leather jacket.....didnt do him any favors...

That is a spoiler. One again why do we have to heard about the Fucking Comic! He did not say he could not kill the leader and he smashed in someone unknown. Could be Rick but I guess not if he said that in the comic.

We have a big ongoing discussion about not wanting to hear about the comic? Why does every other post mention the comic still?

#636 8 years ago

To me the whole Negan Army thing is a bit unbelievable. It would take a lot of resources to keep a group of that size fed, house, armed and happy enough not to leave. Resources are dwindling with no new gas or ammo being produced. They can't steal enough from the occasional passed by on the road and the small communities are not producing that much (from what we have seen).

In this episode the spent how much to frighten Rick and a camper of people? All day food for the men, gas for the cars, diesel for the heavy equipment, ammo to frighten them. For what? In the hope they will produce? If they just had the army drive up to the gates of Alexandria and say "This is what you are up against" it would have been over.

If we find out there is a thriving community still refining oil, mining minerals and making ammo then maybe. But then it would be so huge there is no future for Rick and the gang and that would be it. It really would be a whole new world order. But that is what we are left thinking.

#639 8 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

It is a spoiler and I'm tired of "in the comics ____ happens" but frankly with the stupid cliffhanger ending the show did, there's no way it's Rick anyway imo

I agree. (on both)

I figure not Rick or his kid because they would not be able to hold back. Same for Maggie and Glen (also they each just got a pass). We tend to like Darly too much and he is a big money maker for selling toys of him, cross bows and motorcycles, (but possible).
Abraham, while possible, seemed to get a pass from volunteering.

Maybe Michonne just to keep Rick on edge by killing every love interest.
To me most likely Sasha, Eugeen or the guy from Alexandria (brought with them like a red shirt guy from Star Trek). Red shirt seems like it is not exciting enough, but when a major player gets killed we see it and go into shock (Like Beth).

We all wanted Morgan dead but he finally killed someone to say Carol so he's not totally hated. And even the priest is less of a jerk.

#644 8 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Come on? Think they would really kill of Rick?? And no it wasnt a spoiler....I was just adding to the previous post. I have never given spoilers in these posts...no reason to get butt hurt....

Last week moderator pmWolf (Pete) stepped in because of abuse reports. I have not done one because it is a basement thread. But he asked about people here deciding what was to be discussed or left out. Most people said they don't want to hear about the comics. They have no intention of reading them and just want to discuss the show. That even the discussion of the differences between the show and the comic is enough of a spoiler that is someone wants to start a thread about Comic vs Show they show do that, but leave the comic out of this thread.

#646 8 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

That I understand and respect....moving forward, I wont mention "comic book" again.

Too late, this time I already sent in an abuse report for your wonderful comment towards me. No reason.

#649 8 years ago

Sorry, go to post 597 (4th to last on the last page) just 5 days ago and read the discussions afterwards. If you want to call me "butt hurt" first thing on a Monday morning when I just wanted to discuss the show it is not appreciated.

#651 8 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

It's not Rick or Carl. It's not a spoiler, Negan said it himself, he said if anyone moves take out Carl's other eye and feed it to his dad. This means neither are getting Lucille.

And then he said he could not decide so turned to eenie meenie miney moe. This cleans the slate and makes it random. Could be anyone.

#655 8 years ago
Quoted from dmilo:

No, he says that AFTER he picks the person with eenie meenie. He's warning them not to try to stop him. It's not Rick or Carl

Then I am remembering the order wrong. I thought he did not say anything after eenie meenie but before.

I know what he said and that it is most likely not Rick or Carl. But the entire purpose of eenie meenie is to make [believe] it is random. So everything is off the table. As I remember he does not go eenie meenie, stop on the person who was randomly picked and say OK you two shut up while I whack this guy. He says this is going to happen and you can cry if you want, I have decided how I'm going to pick (paraphrasing of course) then goes into his game.

I'm sure we will see it a couple of more times before the new season starts. And knowing what happens we will look for signs. But that episode had so many slow spots on the road it will be hard to watch too many times.

#677 8 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Sigh. I'm out of here.
/drain

And he down votes you because he thinks he's funny. Well there is no excuse now that there is a thread for the comic readers.

Quoted from John_I:I think it's Glen, Maggie or Abe. Glen was the one who had to be restrained, plus if you watch the scene only the three of them are looking up at him and they show the bat twice from the viewpoint of the person who gets hit prior them being hit. They are looking up when they get hit and no hair or hat visible so that rules out more of them.
Sort of like discecting the final scene of the Sopranos proves 100.00% that Tony got shot dead in the head, I think this scene has everything that needs to be known if someone really wants to disect the order they are sitting it and count the eenies and meenies, etc.

Damn, you just ruined the Sopranos, I never saw the last season

You can't go by what they filmed. Look at the Glen under the dumpster cliff hanger. What you were shown had him dead. When they can back it was different and he escaped. So anything can be a fake out.

#684 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

FYI, I just edited the name of this thread to help set it apart from the other thread where comic book spoilers are allowed.

Thank you. Now maybe the people who did read the comics will stay away and stop giving thumbs down to anyone who does not want to hear what is going to happen. I don't think they realize that they know too much and even the simplest comments can be biased.

Jesus and the separate communities have got to team up somehow eventually.

#709 8 years ago

Eh, kid wants to kill himself and you don't care. I guess they figured if worked for Beth in the farmhouse it would work for this show.

#727 8 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I'd really like to watch FTWD, but it's just so damn bad. It's just so damn melodramatic. I hate the lead woman, she's horribly insufferable.
I usually browse pinside or something else while watching. I keep hoping something interesting is going to happen, but it just never does. I thought this show had some great potential, but I think they rushed through the first days of the outbreak too quickly, and with characters no one cares about.
It would have been interesting to see something about the guy at the CDC. How things evolved from there. Or maybe something where they could see the outbreak happening in other places so we could have gotten more of a news angle on it - people prepping, panicking.. then have that damn plane go down in the middle of the city to start season 2.
I'm just riffing. I'm not a writer, but I came up with either of those in just a couple of minutes. We want to know more about what happened on a global scale, so to isolate us in LA is just a huge mistake in my opinion.

I so agree. No one cares about these people is the first thing. I get the rushing in the beginning, they want to show how it happened fast and caught everyone off guard. But an event happening fast does not mean zero to apocalypse in a couple of 1 hour shows. All they seemed to want to do was make the military out to be a bunch of bad guys who get off on hurting civilians.

Interesting idea. I would have liked to see scientists scrambling with the problem rather than were is poor drug kid going to get his next fix from.

#729 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Anyone else try getting into zNation?
I've watched maybe 2 or 3 episodes... not quite hooked.

I did season 1 and it was a tough start but I got to like it. Season 2 goes totally off the wall and is, uh, an acquired taste.

#731 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

ugh... that sounds like code for "bad"
I really love the post-apocalyptic theme for movies & books, but there's precious few tv shows on the subject.
1. TWD
2. Jericho (my all-time favorite)
3. The Stand
4. Revolution
and then some that are way more sc-fi
4. The 100
5. Falling Skies

Well, season 2 gets into Zombie weed and other strangeness.

TWD - Well, that's why were here.
I never knew anyone else who even saw Jericho. Good show and completed fine. Didn't go to long or leave you on cliff hanger.
The Stand, you can't hear Blue Oyster Cult without thinking about that show now
Have not watched Revolution or the 100.
Falling Skies gave me too much of the cheap Sci-Fi vibe. Like they didn't expect it to go another season and just made it up as they went along.

I have caught some of Dominion and would not mind seeing that from the start.

#745 8 years ago

I keep forgetting we are supposed to care about these people. I am so rooting for the zombies.

I go to bed right after the show. Every once and a while the Talking Dead will come on afterwards and when you see whose on I watch for a few minutes. When they said "... who plays Madison" it goes click-off and to bed. If it said Maggie / Lauren Cohan you want to watch.

The only people you find half interesting are Strand and Salazar. The main family Madison, Travis and their kids just suck. The kids - Nick we want dead, Chris wants to kill himself and we don't care, Alicia is stupid and yes, I had to look up the names.

I have a feeling any main characters getting killed on this show are because their lawyers got them out of their contracts.

#762 8 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

You are right John, I cared more about the female lead in the talking dead then in the show.
Does anyone know if on dedicated show boards the masses are also apathetic to the characters?

I have wondered that myself. I assume because it is that bad.

I think it got a second season simply because Walking Dead fans like to keep the time slot occupied until the next season.

#764 8 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

It would be pretty cool if they killed off most of the current cast and replaced them with new characters within 1 or 2 episodes. Maybe it will happen?

Perfect. Turn it into "The Origin of Negan" episode. He comes in with a baseball bat and slaughters the current cast. I would be cheering at the TV.

1 week later
#782 7 years ago

I don't know. Still some pretty stupid decisions and situations.

"Should I shoot? Should I shoot?" - uh, how about at least a warning shot to show you are serious, stop them in their tracks and wake everyone up? Oh wait, if you did something logical like that we can't do a 2 or 3 show [obligatory] rescue plot.

Let me see, are you worried about the police? No, 90%+ of the populations is dead. You are not going to get in trouble. Are you having moral conflicts? Well, you just beat a man to death with a piece of airplane last week so we know you have it in you. Man, I wish they had shot that kid.

As for the "bad guys", why would you risk your prisoners getting free and hurting one of you or somehow regaining control. You are now making your livings as pirates. If there is someone useful left alive then fine. Everyone else goes overboard without thinking. As a matter of fact just like Negan you need to set an example to keep everyone in line. Nope, these guys let them sit on the comfy chairs and discuss baby names over a drink.

I love [sarcastic] how druggie kid is a super hero now. Swimming against the tide and cool face to face confrontations with the dead "because as an addict he's already dead" (oohh so deep). We don't see him getting his daily fixes and there has not been enough time for any kind of withdrawal / rehab. So they still have the meds to keep him from being sick. But have you ever dealt with a opiate-head? This kid would have fallen asleep an drown after 10' of swimming. A good wave would snap him in half.

#786 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

every swim scene I think the same thing. I'm imagining a backstory that they left out where he was a championship swimmer before he became pillhead.

Pill? He's a full blow needle popping heroin addict (somehow with nice white Hollywood teeth). The pills are only to keep some form of opiate in his system so he's not in full blown withdrawals. Without heroin or methadone and with limited pills he would be half out of it and sick all the time. Remember in season 1 he was sneaking into the old guy's room and sticking the guys IV into his own arm? Right before that he was begging mom for more pills and cramping over in pain.

But probably after reading the fan base saying they could care less for him they down play the entire part of story line.

#792 7 years ago
Quoted from jalkelly:

Thing that tilted me the most about this episode was how Strand just jumped off his boat as soon as he saw some randomns boarded and he couldn't get his gun to work?!?! No fucking way.

I don't think he could not get the gun to work. I'd have to see it again but I think the magazine was missing. No bullets, no shoot.

I'm thinking Salazar took them when he was snooping through there.

Quoted from Wickerman2:

What WAS his plan there?

Show the others how quickly he will abandon them to save his own hide. Makes it easier later when they decide to dump him.

2 weeks later
#808 7 years ago

I think what happened was that someone from the show actually read the reviews and are deciding who to kill to make the fans happy.

They realized we didn't give a crap about dad and wanted mopey kid to "look at the flowers". So they go away, but maybe to be seen again? (sucks).

We also wanted druggie kid dead since S1E1. They still don't want to kill him either so they are going for some kind of "transcends to a new level" character. Well, he's not wearing the puffy shirt anymore but we still want him dead.

Salazar just wanted out. He realized this show was doomed and wanted out of his contract.

The whole concept of this lady keeping the dead safe seems oddly familiar. Oh that's right, can you say the barn on Hershel's farm?

Are we watching this show because nothing else is on? To keep a place holder for when the real show comes back? Or is it that we can't avert our eyes from the train wreck.

#811 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Show's been great this season. I love how everybody here keeps whining about it but can't turn it off.

I go to bed at 10:00 to be ready for a fun Monday in the office. So it is perfect for me. There is nothing else on and the show has so many problems it help me forget about my own.

#820 7 years ago

Agreed that Salazar might not be burned up. But doubtful he'll live since he lost his mind and wanted to go.

But did Celia the woman poisoning everyone die? Madison locked her it with the dead relatives but we didn't see her when Salazar went to burn them or when she went back and saw Salazar in the fire. If she was dead they would have made it a point to show her as a zombie. My fear it will turn into a crazy lady and druggie cult of the dead chasing them. She is this shows governor.

1 week later
#826 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

I finally caught up on this show. I thought it might get better but the mid-season finale was horrible. THESE are the people who are going to survive a zombie apocolypse?

I hope not. I'm rooting for the zombies.

#829 7 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

They should cancel the show, otherwise some of the negative cynicism may rub off on the main show.

The main show is based on a successful comic. So the lazy writers can pretend they are working and take the credit.

FTWD shows the real capabilities of these hacks.

2 months later
#846 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I hope, as they are promoting, that it turns a corner this season......

Only if they kill off most of them.

#848 7 years ago

OK, I'll start. While I hate druggie boy and would like to see him dead it was nice to watch him suffer a real lot. But in the end his being safe made me sad. What an idiot giving up his food and water because some woman has a baseball bat? In the land where you fight zombie hordes and robbers galore you run from a bat? Dumb.

I was rooting for the dogs.

1 week later
#864 7 years ago

Two story lines, both suck.

Story line 1: Idiot druggie boy (IDB) -

Yes, they exit the bus and are pretty much ignored by the zombies. A little blood and even the zombie they took the blood from does not attack them. In the original TWD season 1 they covered themselves in guts but a little rain and they were visible to the zombies by sent alone. Also when you attack a zombie or are even recognized by one it usually sets off a chain reaction.

Then when idiot druggie boy is about to get his hand chopped off he uses his IDB powers to double the amount of supplies the killers were giving them. WTF. They would have just killed them and taken everything without thinking twice.

Ending with IDB singing along with a cult like choir.

Story line 2: The lucky ones -

Why so lucky? The first place these guys go to they think the lobby looks cleaned out. So they split so half can go upstairs.

Down stairs a well stocked bar with clean glasses allow our tough zombie battling heroes to go completely of guard. Where we learn important details like Madison originally coming from Alabama.

Upstairs where hot showers and honor bars flow like a cornucopia. And Idiot Boy's Idiot Sister (IBIS) learns that people can give up and kill themselves. I know I never heard about suicide until I was in my 20s.

Ending with a rain of zombies to cliff hanger for next week's travesty. Why did the zombies after all this time suddenly decide to walk off 10 story balconies? Was it the off-tune piano playing calling them like pie-eyed pipers? I'm sure a lobby-bar piano can be heard around the entire hotel. That would not bother people during a normal guest season.

1 week later
#868 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

You may be right...TWD, could lose alot this season, if "believability" and Empathy for the characters wains.
Im excited that Z Nation comes back in 2 weeks....sorry, its just so freaking campy at times....laugh and cringe!

Yes, I watched a bunch of Z-nation the other day. At least they admit they are off the wall.

#869 7 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

I'm actually about ready for both shows to end. It's been a good run, but enough is enough. Long time fan since season 1 of TWD when I watched the first episode back in 2010.
FTWD I basically watch it because I feel like a dedicated fan of TWD. But the reality is it has never lived up to TWD. Further more I would have loved more of the show focusing on right when the apocalypse was starting to take place. The apocalypse story line was short lived and now we are dealing with just another TWD 2.0 as others have mentioned.
As for TWD. I'm ready for Rick to wake up from his coma and have his wife Lori at his side with Carl. Daryl walking in to mop the floor, Michonne checking his vitals, and Dr. Dale stating how Rick has a lot of physical therapy ahead of him, but that he should be lucky the bullet didn't hit any vital organs. ....it was all a bad dream Auntie Em.
The Walking Dead has become played out to me and now after seeing the latest trailer. It to me looks freaking DUMB. Really a guy is referred to as "The King" and he has a pet Tiger. Which looks so fake and CGI that it could have been in the new Tarzan movie. The show has went so far off the deep end from what could have seemed like a reality to completely unrealistic that I'm just about done with it.

I love it. I think Suzanne Pleshette should be in the hospital bed next to him. (Bob Newhart / Newhart reference)

Yes, the tiger thing might just coin a modern day phrase for zombie shows. Something like - Boy did they jump the tiger.

#870 7 years ago

The show opened strong with that wedding scene. I really liked that and was hoping they got a new guy in charge of the writing staff.

But then . . .

What do you do with the story line for A-hole kid and his A-hole dad? The kid just told his father he does not want to get back with the other group, wants to team up with the new punks and then kills an innocent man in cold blood for protecting his home. Gee dad, do you even like your kid anymore? Time to make him look at the flowers?

#878 7 years ago

I guess I will start this week. Even though I started drifting more to my computer rather than giving this show my full attention.

So once again the writers could not come up with something so they watched a show called The Walking Dead for ideas. Another stolen plot line like "leading a horde around"!?!?!? Also, rather than taking out the masses in three easier to control chunks they risk the timing of bring together three different groups to the exact some point. But wait! What if someone is late? Whew, 2 seconds of suspense for doing something stupid.

It used to be if you killed one the others got agitated and attacked. But now if you put some guts on yourself you can just walk up and stick them in the head.

Idiot Druggie Boy is just such a hero isn't he? You could tell from the start they want us to love this kid and once again he uses his IDB powers to trick the bad guys and in the end get the girl.

I hope if [when] this show finally gets cancelled they wind this thing up by letting the audience see them all get killed in a final episode. Wimpy Dad does not have the heart to show Chris mercy and gets eaten by him. Madison jumps off a pier but no one is there.

And IDB? The bad guys should come in and shoot everyone up in front of him. Shove some Oxy down his throat until he is hooked again and lock him up with some walkers in a way that when full withdrawals kick in he decides to turn himself into zombie chow.

Sorry, I hate Monday mornings.

1 week later
#893 7 years ago

At the end of each episode you have to decide for yourself who you want dead the most. IDB had been on top for most of the show. Chris sure wants you to hate him. But this one gave the award to Madison (IDMB) for most likely to get a Shane-shot to the leg to save yourself.

Quoted from taz:

... Speaking of being interrogated, the opening scene was of a guy and his family sneaking out of a safe compound and doing what......yeah, spreading a little zombie blood on each other to make themselves invisible to zombies but not gang bangers. Where they were going or why was never explained, but it was a convenient plot point to give away the compound's location to some bad guys. ...

They did mention there are other towns and compounds and he was heading for one. Don't forget the main place with IDB is a cult who leader was "supposedly" bitten and survived. But the rest of it sums up the garbage they are feeding us.

Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

WTF!
I think the writers are assuming the Public cares about these less than cardboard characters!
I was out, so my wife and I watched Fridays 2 hour Z nation premiere!
Baby Zombie Lucy is back, Mold infested glow in the dark zombies, with brains growing outside their skull.
Cool boy who grew up in the apocalypse, talks to crows and eats raw snake, a bad guy that does a perfect job as a new antagonist. Breast feeding Zombie babies, Zombies with metal helmets on chains, lead by a whip, suspense, and a cliff hanger in a way for next week.
If you havent watched before, give it a shot, the characters have full flavor, tounge in cheek humor scattered,
and a developing new story this season. Gotta love Baby Zombie Lucy!

Agreed, Z- nation blows this show away. It is ridiculous, but fun. The only thing that bugged me is if that guys wanted the scientist so bad he would not have sent in such a deadly cast of characters such and those berserker guys with helmets and chain. They would have killed indiscriminately.

The painting the compound red I thought was a tribute to High Plains Drifter. But a total waste of time.

#895 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I feel that because Z nation is tongue in Cheek, ie The manger scene with Zombie Camels and Zombie 3 Wise men, or Smoking a Joint with a Zombie, I can suspend most of the "bugs".
FTWD tries to be real, as does TWD, somehow with Z nation, I laugh more than I cringe or care.

That must have been the end of last season and I missed it. I remember the woman from the Amazon compound pregnant with Murphy's kid catching up to the group. But I did not see the birth.

One thing. (Sorry to get off-topic on Z-nation) do you think 5K (crow boy) was rescued by the crows picking him up? I figured that is why 10K was so surprised when he disappeared and why we saw him surrounded by crows at the end (but no sign of life?!?).

1 week later
#898 7 years ago

Here are the Sunday Cliff notes -

Madison turning on the Hotel sign has now attracted stragglers looking for refuge. Of course one of them was Travis.

Then most of the show covers the Travis and Son story thread. Remember the farmer shot one of the 3 new guys before anti-social boy killed him. Well long story short Travis wanted to save the guy, the group wanted him out of his misery and the kid turned on dad to make it happen. Kid vicious took off with other two and left Travis who is now at the hotel.

I do not remember seeing any zombies at all this episode and I don't remember them visiting the Idiot Druggy Boy story thread. But it only gets half attention these days. So psycho boy took off with other two heading to San Diego and the hotel is taking on refugees. Oh, and Madison has a talk with her daughter telling her that her dad actually killed himself and did not die in a car accident and that she loves her just as much as Super Nick.

Why are the people at the hotel taking orders from Madison? They did last week also when she declared anyone hurting anyone else gets kicked out.

#901 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Didnt gain anything from thsi weeks episode.....No fun, no zombies, no entertainment.
I understand from interviews where some of those behind this show want to go, and that it is about the characters, but it seems to me that most watchers dont care.
With no character empathy, its hard to respond to this direction the show is moving, IMO.

Exactly. When we have already gotten to the point where we hate the characters and are rooting for the zombies you can't have a character show with no zombies.

We liked Salazar and they killed him. We liked Strand but I'll bet the stab wound goes fatal if he can get out of his contract. Travis is awful and should die. We don't like Madison and her daughter is just dull. Chris would have been good if he was developed as this character from the start but he was the caring kid with the camera the first season and turned into a person who wants to watch people die? Nick we don't just want dead with want torture and death. But he was from day one the center of the show with typical Hollywood love for the cool kid on drugs.

Funny, I could not remember the kids name (Chris) so I just went to google it using "Fear the walking dead characters" as a search term and google did its guess and came up with - "Fear the walking dead characters annoying" and "Fear the walking dead characters unlikeable". So without reading about this show outside of Pinside I guess we are on target with then other viewers.

With this show the walking dead is the show itself. When will it lay down and die.

#903 7 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

No, they're still all in & watching every week, they just like to bitch!!

What else is on? It is Sunday night right before bed time and I am already depressed about a Monday morning rush hour commute to work. I just want to sit, unwind and relax to the idiot box. In one room is the TV and my computer and the other my girlfriend watching murder porn on the ID channel figuring out the best way to dispose of my body.

So I flip on AMC on TV and on the computer scan the news, Pinside forum, CL or maybe to really get mindless play computer solitaire. I like to keep the habit so come October 23rd I'm set to see Negan bash someone's head in and hope that when the tiger guy appears it is not a shark in disguise. Hey, I guess you're right, I'm ready to bitch!

#905 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Your lady too?!?!
My wife is outlining this on the board on the fridge door!

Oh yes. It is even on while I sleep I have to listen to "Wives with Knives" and stuff. Oh, I hate that Joe Kenda Homicide Hunter. The only way the idiot solves a case is when they walk into the precinct door and turn themselves in. And he'll say something stupid like "Now that's a clue".

She will also watch Ghost haunting shows and Ancient Aliens. The only thing we agree on is South Park.

The Alien thing bugs the crap out of me. Some guy will hold up a rock with a hole in it and claim it might be a portal to transport between planets. And if I say what crap that is she'll tell me to stop being negative its just a theory. Then they will show the same rock on some archeology show as a piece of artwork representing fertility. And if I say "looks like an alien transporter to me" she will tell me I'm being stupid and the show is not about aliens. Arrrggghhh.

Sorry to vent. Wong thread. Where is the 5 cent psychiatrist thread?

AA (resized).pngAA (resized).png

#907 7 years ago

Dear Llyod, my coin box area is filled with blood. What is the best way . . . .

#910 7 years ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

I was excited for fear because it was supposed to tell the story of how the zombies came to be but that was done in like 2 episodes. Don't really care about this show due to storyline and annoying characters.

That seems to be the consensus. Now it is just a place holder show until the original comes back in a few weeks. I liked Preacher better as a filler.

It is also too late to go back now and try to reveal the story of how it all began. The original show did more with flashbacks and the CDC visit than this show did.

From season 1 this was just your usually Hollywood garbage riding off the coat tails of the original but making the military evil and the drug addict cool. Of course the original was not a product of Hollywood but a comic book turned show. TV writers are not worth their weight in offal.

#918 7 years ago

I bailed and did not want to invest 2 hours last night. But it sounds like I should watch it on rerun.

3 weeks later
#940 7 years ago

Great show. Now we see why they dragged out the end show of last season and left it as a cliff hanger. I figured it would be "bash" and move on but they made an entire show of it and it worked.

I like the little things. Did you notice as Negan's men were breaking up at the end one of them was taking a Polaroid picture of one of the bashed in heads? Same as Glen saw on the wall of the sleeping quarters in the satellite dish compound.

And Rick watching in the rear view mirror as a walker feeds on the brain puddle was a nice touch about the way things are.

Of course Rick keeping the axe and the end seems to be foreshadowing that he wants to bury it in Negan at some point.

I didn't like that Maggie had so much energy at the end. She was on death's bed before woods scene and after all that she standing up telling everyone what she wants to do.

Did they drag Daryl off separately so he can put more time into his other show?

#964 7 years ago

Art (thread OP), I know you changed the thread title to include Z nation. But in doing so you removed the "No Comic Book" part of the title. Now it is creeping back in and I am starting to skip posts to prevent spoilage. Any way to get that back in?

#969 7 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

I think its shitty he just suddenly died...no heroics, no self sacrifice, just gets clubbed. This was the most disturbing episode to watch so far, but now i definitely want to watch to see redemption

But it was perfect. How else are you going to top "look at the flowers Lizzy" for disturbing. Killing Abraham give you shock and starts the pain through sheer brutality. Killing Glen because Daryl broke his rule shows he means business and sticks to his word. Stopping Rick before the chop shows if he gets what he wants you live.

Rick has lost his mind before. Remember at the prison he was seeing Laurie after her death and talking to dead people on a dead telephone. This just broke him. So used to being a leader and the only way he can save anyone is by being a sheep. This has got to be setup to a break down. Remember when the gang attacked them and one was going to rape Carl (Coral) he chewed the guys face. Rick has a history of losing it and this one is going to be big.

1 week later
#977 7 years ago

Not a bad episode. But you have to wonder if they are foreshadowing too much or setting up a twist when it comes to Dwight.

He starts to feel some remorse but not enough to change. Will the situation with his wife finally make his crack? When it does will he be successful or just get killed . . . It is alright. We all want Daryl to fake it just so he can get close enough to do something (and stop getting crappy food).

#989 7 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

... Would you rather have seen them stick bamboo chutes underneath his fingernails?

Maybe beat on the clutch of his bike?

I remembered him taking the Polaroid of head pounded Glen. But to give him the picture and remind him it was his fault was a nice touch.

#1009 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I tell ya what ... for people stuck in a zombie apocalypse, the cast of TWD sure have nice teeth.
rd

And hair. Coral and the bunch look like they have blow-dryers.

#1011 7 years ago

Alright. While not a bad episode [but not great for sure] since it is setting up the interactions, it was not worth the extra length of the show.

She saved a gun and it is going to be trouble, we know. Clepto guy blames Rick so they are going to go at it eventually. Coral is still a dick. And Dwight has Daryl's bike so he's going to take a chunk out of him at some point.

The faking Maggie's death was unexpected. What happens if Negan runs into her some day? "Rick, you lied"

#1017 7 years ago

I think Daryl would know how to handle a bunch like that better as a leader. Rick has too many moral rules from his cop days and they would not listen for long.

1 week later
#1050 7 years ago

Z-Nation marathon for Thanks Giving. Season 1 and 2 every episode back to back.

#1054 7 years ago

Ut-Oh, is TWD jumping the Sharknado? Was this a total throw away episode or is it foreshadowing?

Either way another character who few cares if she lives or dies seems like she will hang around. Maybe the show saves money by having an "all Tara" episode rather than paying high salaries for the people we like. Maybe some of the illiterate writers from Fear TWD have joined the show.

What did we learn? The Saviors are bad people and have done this to other communities. No Sh!t Sherlock. We've seen them do this to Hilltop, The Kingdom and Alexandria. So are they giving the idea of hidden community (this one or their own) for the future of the group? Or was this just a character introduction to bring the girl into the fold in the future? You know, Saviors find Fish Town and the girl escapes.

#1057 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

...Is Carl getting Laid?

No, (from the Hilltop story arc with Maggie) he is in the back of the Savior's truck with Jesus (hey, that's funny).

#1059 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I have not yet watched GOT ever. Its reserved for my Hospital Stay Marathon!
I just dont know who to focus on, so the sound zombies won in last nights episode.

I have not yet see any GOT. Maybe it will make the machine more fun.

Oh, one more thing I forgot about last night's episode that pissed me off. The stupid sand pile on the bridge. The dump trucks are still in the dumped position showing they would not dump the sand even half of the height of the actual pile. But it must have been dumped quick to bury all those zombies. Would have made more sense as a barricade that took a little time to make like the other end. And of course one touch and it frees them all. Well, frees them enough to re-trap them on the inside and not leave an opening for them to drift off the other way. I hate obvious stupid crap.

#1066 7 years ago

OP (Art) can you request a moderator ban people from the thread? It clearly states in the title we do not want anything about the comics discussed.

#1068 7 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Technically the thread indicates "no comic book spoilers", not that "nothing about the comic can be discussed." You can reference the comic and what has happened in the comic as long as it's not a spoiler.

We have been through this before. Someone discusses what was different "oh, he's dead in the comic" and then goes on to die in the show, just a bit later or differently. We asked nothing in the comic be discussed.

Read earlier in this thread. There was a thread with comic discussions started, but everyone likes to come here and ruin it for others.

Actually going back to get a reference I see you are one of the people doing this in the past. Page 13, post #803 is a good place to start. The title back the did say no comic discussion. It has been changed a few times to include Z-nation and then the comic mention put back in. Look, it is real simple. If you want to discuss the comic please do it in another thread.

#1074 7 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Agreed, previously there was ambiguity about posting comic differences. It was decided not to post spoilers, such as who died and such. It was also made clear that the spoiler concern was about the TV show (not people who might read the comic). This made sense and we've made all attempts to adhere. But really something like Negan collecting guns in the comic being different is not a spoiler at all, and I thing there needs to be a balance of reason and common sense here. The show was based on a comic, it doesn't make sense to ignore this part of its history.

It makes sense if you have not read the comic and want to watch the show. My vote is no mention of the comic, please go to another thread. If someone comes in late to the thread and truly did not know they should be told and warned. If someone knows this thread does not want comic discussion but they continue to do so they should be banned from posting to the thread.

#1076 7 years ago
Quoted from schwarz:

It also makes sense to read the comic if you like the show.

Different thread. Why is this so hard to understand. This is a show discussion. I turn on the TV on Sunday night and watch the show, then we discuss.

We all don't have the comics sitting on the table. We would not all be on the same page. We picked the version we want to follow and don't want it spoiled. Really not hard.

Here you go. I did a search and it was real easy.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-the-walking-dead-show-and-comics-discussionand-fear-twd#post-3082006

It was even started by jonesjb "because" we didn't want the comic discussed here so he knows better. But I guess because people don't discuss much in that thread they have to continue to come here to ruin it for us. It really is rude and frustrating that this continues.

#1080 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Thanks for the link. I completely forgot that other thread existed. Look, we can sit here and argue about what constitutes a spoiler, but it's clear that many people don't want any comic book discussion whatsoever in this thread. Given the fact that the other thread exists, I think this is perfectly reasonable.
Even though I'm a huge TWD fan myself, I've mostly avoided this thread because I'm a season behind on Fear TWD. It's too late, but that probably should have been a separate thread as well.

I think TWD and FTWD got lumped together because they don't run at the same time. Everyone was hoping FTWD would be a good filler between seasons and keep the thread active. The OP included Z-Nation since he figured it is zombie related but not enough people watch it to warrant a separate thread.

#1086 7 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

It's not a spoiler. It's not rude. Let's be reasonable, not give in to who vocalizes complaints most. The topic is clearly meant to prevent comic spoilers, not any mention of the comic. If there is to be zero mention of the comic, then the title should really be changed.

The Title has been change multiple times. This started as FTWD and TWD was added. Then there was a "No Comic" added because of the same thing. But after the other thread was made and Art (OP) wanted Z-nation included he removed the "no comic" to make room in the title. But then (look back a couple of pages) the comic stuff crept in again so Art changes the title again.

Quoted from bkfiv:

I never read the comics, I don't want to. I only watch the show. I hoped for no mentions of the comic because some people just can't help themselves & I don't want any clues or references. I'll solve it myself & just drain the thread...Unfortunately.

I get you. And I may leave this thread if it continues. The problem is as soon as I see a mention of the comic I try to skip the post. But then during replies or comments down the line you might still pick up what was said anyway. And you don't know if it is a spoiler until after you read it to determine.

Quoted from DCFAN:

How is it acceptable since stating the person is dead in the comic will be foreshadowing of the character's death to come on the show? Didn't you mean unacceptable?

Good catch. See how easy it is to make a mistake that can be acceptable and a spoiler. I guess the people who want to discuss the comic outside of the comic thread win. Too bad, I liked it here. Guess anyone who wants no mention of the comics will just have to start another thread with a very specific title and rules on the first post asking that the comic not be mentioned.

#1091 7 years ago

Season 2 was on a farm. Seems like they get over run by hordes looking to get out of the city. Even zombies have the dream of moving to the suburbs. Also would have to be an old time farm with mixed crops and keeping their own seeds or it is gone after a year. Like the green houses they have in The Kingdom. Still need gas and parts to keep the tractors running.

I agree the following for TWD is too big to fail quickly. Heck we hated the crap out of Fear TWD but enough suffered through it to keep it alive this long.

#1101 7 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I've read the comics and I honestly I don't think there have been any "spoilers". Maybe I missed some. When I've discussed the comic in the past, I try to do it in a code. I'll say something like, "I think it's looking like Daryl will be taking on the upcoming Carol plot." To a comic reader that would have meant something. To a non-comic reader that means nothing. Do comments like that seem fair?

Go back 8 months and see the posts the moderators did remove back then.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fear-the-walking-dead-starts-tonight/page/12#post-3065284

Then time slips by and the same players come it and do the same thing because the "comic friendly" thread is dead and they come back here to ruin it.

#1128 7 years ago

Overall good show. But once again one of these idiots has Negan's baseball bat in his hand, is standing behind him and does not take the shot. Coral was on top of him walking down the stairs to the "Iron" scene. The kid just went in throwing his life away to get the guy but ends up singing him a song and holding Lucile? BS.

Negan just has hurt too many of his own people to not get wacked by now.

#1131 7 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Why does everyone keep spelling Carl as Coral?

Because Rick is played by a London actor that can't seem to pronounce it right putting on a Southern accent. We think it is funny.

Also he was one of the most hated group members for a few seasons so you want to pick on him.

Coral.gifCoral.gif

#1143 7 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I honestly don't think it's the show for you. I think that you are correct. The Walking Dead is mostly a human drama set in a zombie apocalypse. In a way, the zombies are secondary. It's about how the different individuals and groups have learned to survive and adapt in this new world. That was one of the reasons that I didn't think it would make a great pinball theme. I was personally hoping for more of a campy theme like Zombieland.

Zombieland could translate to a pin in many ways. You could set it up as the amusement park with many toys like the drop ride and clowns. The rules could be the "Rules" for many modes like double tapping ramp shots and cardio loops. Collecting the lit Twinkies shaped inserts.

1 week later
#1160 7 years ago

I don't trust Jesus. Don't forget when push comes to shove he is a savior.

#1182 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

..and there is no hope.

And Beth died

#1186 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

They should do a crossover w/FTWD and have Rick and his crew slaughter that whole cast.

Well FTWD is supposed to be before TWD. So how about they go to Negan's compound to kill him and as they are passing the zombies in the fence on spikes you notice the entire cast of FTWD has been spiked and chained.

#1187 7 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

Poor Daryl hasn't been right since.

Quoted from taz:

Neither have I. Beth was cute!

That's what hurt. When she was first introduced she was Maggie's stupid little sister ready to slit her wrists to escape the new world. You wrote her off as for dead soon and didn't care. Then she starts caring for Judith and gets drunk for the first time with Daryl. So she grows on you as a young girl growing up in a screwed up world. As Daryl got a soft spot for her so did we. Then they give her a subplot to herself in the hospital to develop her as a toughened up person from when we first met her and then "bam", reality.

That the great part of this show that keeps you coming back. They do develop some people well and you really don't know who gets killed or what they are going to become capable of doing. Glen went from a delivery boy to a man protecting his pregnant wife to mush. Carol goes from a battered wife to losing her daughter to "look at the flowers Lizzy". Coral goes from a dick to a one eyed dick.

#1202 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I think the show would benefit from revealing more about how the world itself is handling the outbreak and how the virus got started initially....

That is what we thought Fear The Walking Dead was going to be. Oh boy it was not

1 month later
#1218 7 years ago

Bump - New Episodes start tonight.

#1220 7 years ago

For anyone doing the contest the two words are -

Rise
Together

While not a realistic scene, the wire between the cars was a pretty good kill scene. I don't think we saw any walkers up to this point and 50 minutes in a herd.

#1234 7 years ago

The way they jump into a circle of walkers, shake them off and do not get bit is a little wild.

But how was that cable attached? If it was to the frame it would be 6" off the ground at the car and dragging most of the middle. And higher on the car and the bumpers or whatever it was attached to would tear off when pulled taught. Never mind while ripping through all of those bodies.

#1244 7 years ago

Fight the Rankor I mean Ronald or whoever spike guy was.

So many apocalypses shows have the strange garbage pail kids community with strange societal language and mannerisms. But that is usually a few generations after the apocalypse and nor just a few years.

10 minutes left to the show so I want to make my prediction before scenes from next week. They need the guns from the fish eating women.

Still better then most shows on TV. And no Coral this week!!!!!!

#1256 7 years ago

It was worth mentioning twice

1 week later
#1277 7 years ago

So no comments on the Eugene episode? Looks like he turned 180 fast and for real.

I'm not sure how pouring metal on the walkers makes the guts not drop out the bottom. They also don't seem very dangerous if welded to a fence. But meh.

I have a feeling the wife will show up and the gig will be up.

#1282 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

He is just putting it on to save his ass ... same as he did right back in the beginning when he told everyone he had the cure for the disease and had to get to DC.
rd

That was his defense mechanism at first. But he really likes those pickles. Even getting a bit of a spine and power trip when getting those medical supplies. The dude has food, video games and bikers telling him they like his brains. He starting to feel safe for the first time.

#1293 7 years ago

Eugene did mention the metal acting to protect from head trauma. So this is definitely an intruder defense over camouflage.

Now what about the wives wanting him dead. We keep thinking about who is going to take out Negan, Rick's battle or Dwight's revenge. But don't underestimate a pissed off woman. Never mind 3 wives who want you dead. Now that's dangerous.

1 week later
#1301 7 years ago

We need guns in a world that has been picked clean because we made a deal with the trash people.

Hey, look over there. A 63 gun walking armory. What luck.

I know. I it is just a show and they need to squeeze it all in. But the end result with the girls talking "Do you know where a bunch of guns are?". Is still leading to needing the armory of the fish women. So that makes this episode a filler and the only thing we gained was Michone can't live without Rick.

But since the last two women Rick had a thing for died maybe she needs to sacrifice herself soon

#1312 7 years ago

I'm not so sure. This might be the push they needed. It drove Morgan to kill. And the plan was to show them "the get it" and catch them off guard.

Watching the last scene now with Carol.

Yup.

#1317 7 years ago

About the melon. Last deliver was 7 crates of food. This time it was 12 melons? That was a weekly drop off? Is that worth the gas to even both picking up?

I did not watch the scenes from next week. Who are we watching next time? Rick, Carol or Neegan? Or is it time for a season cliff-hanger already?

#1319 7 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

Probably just more filler, yea Thats a hell of a drive for 12 mellons, the shows starting to wear on me, when they centered everything on the kid at the start it was a giveaway that he was going to get shot and die. Before they gave up the guns I was hoping they would have just shot all the saviors dead.

They always foreshadow too much. Centering on the kid, badass Carol takes down 5 walker with ease coming into town so she is on the move again. We all hoped they would have opened up on the Saviors at the drop zone, but since that was what you thought was going to happen from the commercial you could count on it "not" happening.

I did like the scene where the girl was talking with the king and the tiger roared. She said something like "I think I just peed myself".

1 week later
#1341 7 years ago

I called that Eugene was Neegan all the way.

#1360 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

..So if they kill Negan, what will it accomplish since everyone is Negan?

Eugene takes over, and still doesn't get laid.

#1372 7 years ago

I am torn. I don't know if Negan will survive and if he does not who will take him out. The garbage pail kids were not developed enough to have much to say about. But they do feel like a setup for next seasons problem. I don't see how the show can go anywhere if everyone teams up, takes out the bad guy and all live happily together.

Quoted from jonesjb:

It's Monday, time for more complanin'!

Actually you are this biggest regular complainer in the thread. You complain when people have critiques and you complain we ejected discussions about the comic book. The rest of us watch the show pretty faithfully because we still think [even with flaws] it is one of the better shows to follow.

But I guess you said it best with you insightful contribution last week -

Quoted from jonesjb:

It's Monday, complainin' day!

And 2 weeks ago

Quoted from jonesjb:

You guys like to complain about this show quite a bit.

And 34 days ago

Quoted from jonesjb:

So since you guys are bailing, I guess we can now discuss the comic in this thread?

Still looking for the last time you contributed to actual conversation. These are actually your last 4 posts here.

And look what was posted while I was typing

#1375 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

"Coral" walkers.

I have to admit the sea shore walkers with barnacles were pretty cool. At least the make-up guys are having fun.

1 week later
#1394 7 years ago

I liked it overall. I think having the season's bad guy get killed at the end of every season would be too predictable. Now they have the entire Savior group ready to go and if they don't act fast they will be weaker when they return to their three communities.

Yes, the garbage pail kids doing a backstab was predictable. I'm not sure why they laid down their guns before leaving. Also, all of that close quarter fighting should have resulted in a few more major character deaths. Will see how that relationship develops.

Morgan shoving his quarter-staff brain deep into someone's face? Nice.

At first I was getting sick of the Sasha flashes to Abraham. I was thinking it was too much of a waste of time. But that is because we keep seeing the show as weekly entertainment. When you really think about the fact that it is someone laying down their life for their friends it really is a big deal.

So the only real complaint I have is that they said Fear-TWD is returning. Now that will make you appreciate this show.

#1404 7 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

What roll do you guys thing Dwight will have in the upcoming war?

I think he will get killed doing something to save Daryl or someone to try and apologize.

#1406 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

As despised as he is with many TWD watchers, Carl does deserve some credit for getting the shooting started when Sasha stuns the Saviors as a zombie.

Good point. He spun around and capped at least 3 trash people getting everyone into the fray.

Here is the thing about the tiger. It has never been aggressive. The king did the proverbial thorn from the foot so it likes him. That does not mean it attacks on command. But I have to admit it is an effective tool. Scare the crap out of everyone around.

2 months later
#1444 6 years ago

Time to bring this thread back from the dead. Tonight FTWD is back. I realize I did not watch the last two episodes from last season. Wish I did, I went all these months without knowing they killed off Chris. That alone gets me to give it a little chance.

I am only going to be able to watch the first half, but I'll catch up next week.

3 weeks later
#1455 6 years ago

And the downhill slide is back. Let's look at the sub stories -

Druggie Boy knows his girl wants to leave so he sets up a house for her where two people just died. Huh wha? (and gun foreshadow)

Sister who grew up hating druggie boy's actions is suddenly party animal. Sleeps with guy and jumps off a cliff into a lake. Whatever.

Madison is earning the troops respect by getting a pickaxe stuck in a zombies head and almost killed.

Strand leads Salazar to the hotel where he knows Ophelia let and even he shouldn't go back. Why?

You know idiot husband is going to wind up alive and I just hope we don't find out Chris was actually left alive also. This show tends to bring back the dead a lot and unfortunately not as zombies.

There is more but I'll let other vent.

#1458 6 years ago

Better fix this "Native Faux Pas" before you get an SJW slamming . . .

1 week later
#1463 6 years ago

And we got our obligatory PSA about condom use from "we still don't know her character after 3 seasons" girl.

2 months later
#1474 6 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

New season FTWD started last night...Meh...

Really? I didn't know it started again. Oh well.

3 weeks later
#1479 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Worst episode of the season...I tried stabbing my brain but realized contrary to what's seen on the show, you can't easily knife a fresh skull

What do you mean? This soft family from the suburbs constantly proving to be tougher that people who have grown up as survivalist? Even takes less oxygen for them to function.

I just can't believe how many plot points they try and steal from the original (and fail). Like the routing of a heard by a wall of campers.

I only half watch it these days. I just make believe I'm into it so the girlfriend goes off to bed and I get the TV for the last hour of the night instead of watching the ID channel.

When is the original back? October 22nd?

2 weeks later
#1491 6 years ago

After FTWD it can only get better. Looking forward to this show.

#1520 6 years ago
Quoted from OpampOtto:

I don't remember hearing Rick telling the gang to shoot out the windows, but it appears to have been to attract the walkers. I was like WTF are they doing!
In both the comic and show, Negan and Rick can’t come to an agreement and they ignite All Out War. In the comic, The Saviors shoot first while in the show, it’s Rick. In both instances Rick commands his people to shoot out the windows to attract the nearby walkers straight to The Sanctuary.
I found the above here https://www.skybound.com/the-walking-dead/comic/comicseason-8-premiere-show-vs-comics/

Please read the title of the thread and all of the arguments we have had about the comic being discussed. There is another thread where the comic discussions are allowed. This is the "No Comic" thread. We don't want to know what happens, what is the same, what is different..... It is too easy to spoil something without knowing.

#1525 6 years ago

Remember the first couple of seasons when the walkers were actually dangerous? Back then killing a walker would get the others all agitated and aggressive.

Now you can put a little blood on you and run around a crowd of them with an ice pick killing dozens and rarely does anyone get bitten.

Still better than FTWD but getting burned out of it. Starting to miss the old spooky / scary claustrophobic days of zombies.

1 week later
#1533 6 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I like Ezekiel's tiger (Shiva) that knows the difference between good guy meat and bad guy meat. That's some gr-r-r-reat tiger training. And yeah... I know this is a show about zombies, so some suspension of belief is required for enjoyment, but jeez...

Kind of funny. The Tiger can tell the good from the bad but Jesus can't

#1542 6 years ago

Funny how those cars sit for years with good batteries and gas.

I'm still routing for the zombies. Daryl can live. Only good scene was him capping the guy before Rick could even react.

#1545 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Had we seen Jesus in hand-to-hand combat before? I was shocked by how easily he defeated Morgan in that fight.

Yes, remember when we first met him trying to steal the truck from Rick and Daryl. He seems to be a martial art expert.

#1574 6 years ago

Why did they keep zooming in on the Toxic Waste label? Did is say something important I missed?

It seemed to have eaten the flesh off the zombies. I thought the skulls bursting like chalk was kind of neat. But if that happened it would have also eaten the brain matter and killed the zombies.

I guess they wanted the tiger dead so that came up with that stupid scene. I hope this does not lead to toxic zombies. Leave that to Z-Nation.

As for the rest everyone already called it all. Why does Carol always live? How does a 50 BMG round go through a radiator but not go through the engine block (like they are designed to do) and pin Rick's nuts to Daryl's forehead behind him? Rick getting the Jeep shot but still catching up to the Hummer and the guy letting him jump into the passenger seat (from Indiana Jones or Sharknado?). . . .

The only good thing is maybe the king will drop the Shakespeare and go hide in shame.

1 week later
#1593 6 years ago

I am also wondering about Eugene. Is he going to continue to save his skin with Negan? Turn in Dwight?

He may want Gabriel dead since he knows Eugene is not a doctor but a fraud. But even though he knows Dwight is a traitor he did not turn him in. The last threat from Negan and everything falling apart might bring him back.

Scene from next week is another deal with the garbage pail kids. Rick is so stupid we see where Coral gets it from. So now they lose dynamite and the 50 cal because he is in a life saving mode. I'm glad Daryl smacked him.

So, another helicopter. The last one ended up being those guys the Governor killed. I wonder what this is foreshadowing.

1 week later
#1614 6 years ago

Like anything it started strong then starts to lose it.

Here is my summary of the seasons.

1 - Great overall but I thought the CDC ending was a bit weak.

2 - Farm was good. Search for Sophia a bit dragged out with Daryl's search until you saw why they did this in the end. Also strong because you saw the loss of major characters like Shane and Dale so you know the show could go anywhere.

3 - Prison / Governor was pretty good. Coral killing his mom was strong but Rick losing his mind that bad and getting trusted again is weak. We get Michone in the beginning and lose Andrea in the end (good trade).

4 - Prison - Flu / Governor gets a tank / Welcome to Terminus - Eh. This whole season seemed more for character development with the small separated groups. But look at the flowers Lizzy was extremely memorable and showed us how hard Carol could be.

5 - Terminus, Gabriel, Corrupt Hospital, Alexandria - Eh, sliding quick. Terminus never seemed developed before it was over. Gabriel's church, eh. Hospital was not a great thread (and we lost Beth), the Alexandria with unstable Rick killing the guy as Morgan appeared seemed forced.

6 - Alexandria / Wolves and Hilltop / Savior Outpost - Bit better and getting promising. We didn't know where this was heading.

7 - Meet Negan bashing heads started strong, but by the time we got to Ezekial and the Kingdom it was going down again.

#1618 6 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

I think Season 4 was my favorite. I like how they did a background story on The Governor rising to power again. I thought it was really cool when he rolled up on the prison with a tank. "I have a tank Rick...whats left to discuss?"

Season 4 had 16 episodes. 5 were devoted to the flu hitting the prison. 3 to the Governor and 8 to the smaller groups before heading to terminus.

So only 3 Episodes had (what I felt was) and iffy governor's rise to power again. He comes to a group of mostly good people, takes over and convinces them to go kill a bunch of others? While nowhere near the worst of some of the story arcs it was more a way to get them out of the prison.

Then after the prison is destroyed, Governor and Hershel dead it was a bunch of 8 weekly smaller stories.
Coral, Michonne and Rick walk on train tracks,
Daryl & Beth get drunk and burn a cabin,
Carol shoots Lizzy,
Maggie misses Glen and walks on train tracks,
Glen Misses Maggie as he walks on train tracks,
Rick bites a guys throat out so let's all go to terminus and get some real food. End Season.

Half of the season were those fractured stories. Some pretty good. But having 6 cliff hangers at the same time is annoying.

#1624 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

It would be better if the battles were more cave man (crossbow, ax, Molotov Cocktail and a few bullets here and there)

GornCannon (resized).pngGornCannon (resized).png

#1632 6 years ago

NO COMIC BOOK TALK. Read the title of the thread. We've had this argument too many times.

#1634 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Not sure what underlord wrote, but people can still mention the comic book, just not share spoilers.

It was a spoiler. It was worded as a spoiler. And just to remind people that there are moderators who have been in this thread to discuss the show and give warnings about the comic discussions here are a couple of posts given after interventions.

Quoted from ForceFlow:

Moderator's comment:
The title of this thread should be clear: No comic book spoilers.
If you want to discuss what happens in the comics, discuss that in another thread. If you have to contribute a "coded message" to get around "no comic book spoilers", it doesn't belong here because it is a spoiler.
Please be respectful of the others in this thread who would prefer not to read comic book spoilers.

Quoted from Xerico:

Gweempose and I discussed this situation.
Here's the ruling.
It's all about context. Don't be a jerk and ruin the TV show for others. While we know that the show does not follow the exact same path as the comics, we also know that the show will pay homage and replicate scenes from the comics. So tread lightly when discussing the comics. If in doubt if it will spoil something that has not yet happened on the show, then simply do not mention it.
If you make a post about the comic book that includes spoilers, your post will be deleted and you will be ejected for 24 hours.
Repeat the spoiling, and you will be permanently ejected.
If you make a post about the comic book and it is not a spoiler, your post will be allowed.
Saying, "Character X was really Character Y in the comics" is an example of a comic related discussion that will be allowed.
Saying, "Character X is still alive on the TV show, even though Character X died much earlier in the comics" is acceptable.
Saying, "Character X is still alive on the TV Show, but Negan kills them soon" is not acceptable and is considered a spoiler and will get you ejected from the thread.
If you want to discuss the comics and potential spoilers, then go to the other thread.
If comic discussions lead to more problems than discussion, then we will ban all comic discussion from this thread. But right now, we are not yet ready to ban all comic discussion.
If you have thoughts and opinions on this ruling, open a moderator feedback.
Marcus

#1639 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I don’t know why Dwight doesn’t just kill Eugene (aside from the show needs Eugene) but if my life depended on Eugene not telling Negan I would kill Eugene.

He should have just pushed Eugene over the edge into the walkers when he was flying his plane. Done.

#1647 6 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

.. His mind is reeling to decide where to turn to now for safety. Left alone, he's pretty helpless.

Maybe he turns to the garbage Pail Kids. Next week Eugene sits naked making wire sculptures of Elvis.

#1659 6 years ago

We did see another helicopter. So they are setting up for the next season. Same formula different group?

#1668 6 years ago

I so agree with what is being said. First, the darkness. At one point I think I was supposed to care who was shot but could not see so I didn't care. And this is on a very new 47" LED TV. Of course I had to adjust the TV so it does not look LED or both my girlfriend and I get headaches.

The grab your gun and run was so stupid. Why? Because he might have picked up his stupid baseball bat? Oh, that's right, we saw that bat stop a bullet before so a Colt Python might not be enough.

Coral bitten. We've been looking forward to Coral getting killed for so long it just isn't fun. Unless then make him shoot himself, that would be funny. "Hey Coral, here is one bullet. Go visit mom".

They will probably use this as an excuse to find out the disease has been in their systems so long it is not deadly. Then they can ignore single walkers even more than they already do.

Oh, an I'm glad to see Negan thanked Eugene for the bullets. And then pulls out an arsenal of grenade launchers.

#1670 6 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

They really skirted around the "how did you get out?" question. Everyone just said "Eugene", but there was no indication of HOW they got out. Lazy, lazy writing.

The probably called them over to Human Resources using the intercom system Eugene fixed.

#1686 6 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Can someone please enlighten me on this... I must have been sleeping through that episode. I always thought the virus had to be transferred by being bitten. If it's already inside, why worry about being bit?? Is being bitten like striking a fuse? This is just nuts.
If that's the case, maybe everyone will realize that it's actually hopeless and this will all mercifully end with a Jonestown finale when everyone drinks the coolaid.

Yes, the virus is in everyone already. That is why when you die you turn. Even if you die from a gun shot or even a heart attack. As long as you don't have a traumatic injury to the brain or stem. That is why when someone dies they shove a knife in their head. So they don't come back.

This is the secret the scientist at the CDC whispered to Rick at the end of season 1. Everyone else found out near the end of season 2 at the farm when Coral had to put down a turned Shane after Rick killed him.

The bite seems to bring on death by giving a blast of the virus or something that makes you sick, feverish and has a 100% mortality rate. If they become immune to bites there is no real reason to have zombies in the show at all.

Also why the flu in the prison was so bad. Dying people turn. And why in a recent episode Negan's people realized they didn't need to push the attack forward. As their dead turned they became an issue behind the lines.

#1721 6 years ago

Rick, Laurie and Shane all have dark hair. Judith is total blonde. Who else in the original crew was Laurie sleeping with? Dale?

#1724 6 years ago

So part of the zombie infection includes getting knocked up by the strap-on? I think Rick should be pregnant also.

Quoted from Silverballer:

Coral, I mean Vera, what has become of you? Does anyone else ...here....feel..the way I do? - Pinky F.

Not their best concert. But they did pull the pig float out from Animals and had the stage ring from Dark Side. I'd take a Floyd concert over the past few seasons any time.

#1728 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

And gas and diesel. They have a lot of vehicles, and big trucks, running around.
LTG : )

The cars and trucks running is just so bad. How long since the apocalypse at this point?

In the old days you could get empty car batteries and the acid in powder form with a shelf life of decades. Pour in the powder and add distilled water. Just check the level twice a year. No maintenance batteries these days go 4 year (6 tops) before your car just won't run anymore. No jump or pop start will keep it running.

#1731 6 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

Those of us that read the comics know what is going to happen and there is no way that Carl is bit

And if this is true I am going to ask you be banned from this thread. Sounds like a spoiler to me. I do not know why people insist on brining up the f*cking comic in this thread. Can't read the title? Doing it on purpose?

GO TO THE COMIC THREAD AND LEAVE US ALONE

#1733 6 years ago

Saying "we all know what is going to happen" sounds like "Carl is the one who kills Negan" or some other major plot point in the comic version.

I hope it is a deviation from the comic forced by contract issues or something.

1 month later
#1754 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Don’t believe ‘Lost’ was quite the train wreck as TWD has become.

Lost did get pretty bad. It is a mix of TWD and Oak Island. They hit a point where you have hope they are setting up for something good, but no one pulls it out of the nose dive.

*** Lost Spoilers ****

The time jumping / return to society in pieces was bad. The Good and Bad deity guys was painful. The let's just bury this shit-show in the church final episode was criminal.

The only way for TWD to get that bad would be for Negan to make a cure and Rick ends up painting naked in a junkyard. So we are close, but not that bad yet.

1 month later
#1826 6 years ago

We've been saying it since the beginning. The show would be better without Coral.

Coral.gifCoral.gif

1 month later
#2045 6 years ago

I liked this -

This makes you miss Beth and like Coral -

Hey, even these versions of the first few seasons are better than the new stuff.

2 months later
#2088 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I heard Shane is coming back (likely as ghost/dream or flashback).

Laurie came back at the prison when Rick was losing his marbles.

Merle came back during the farm season when Dayrl was searching Sophia. (And then brought back for real in Woodbury)

So it has happened at least twice before.

#2090 5 years ago

I am not going to view the Comic-Con videos. I feel this is information being discussed by the comic book crowd. That should be left out of this thread.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taxman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fear-the-walking-dead-starts-tonight?tu=taxman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.