(Topic ID: 136745)

The Walking Dead , Fear TWD, NO Comic Book Spoilers! Show Discussion......

By OLDPINGUY

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,412 posts
  • 173 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by miracleman
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

corey-hawkins-as-heath-the-walking-dead (resized).jpg
wall falls 2 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
giphy.gif
TVSHOWS (resized).png
CD0ACFA4-F349-43D7-9B87-291D2CCCBF10 (resized).jpeg
DTS19NHX0AAC6Ii (resized).png
vlcsnap-2018-10-08-00h10m09s275 (resized).png
IMG_3933 (resized).jpeg
54E1E698-185E-46FC-ABF4-97939B92A8E7 (resized).jpeg
the-walking-dead-s9-poster (resized).jpg
901782DC-EAD0-4BB1-A655-281B315D1F98 (resized).jpeg
remote (resized).jpg
Kim-Dickens-as-Joanie-Stubbs-in-Deadwood-Season-2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#956 7 years ago

Abraham gone and we're still stuck with mopey, psycho Sasha.

#974 7 years ago

IMG_0212 (resized).PNGIMG_0212 (resized).PNGIMG_0208 (resized).JPGIMG_0208 (resized).JPGIMG_0211 (resized).JPGIMG_0211 (resized).JPG

3 months later
#1242 7 years ago

Great episode. Loved the zombie rope/car kill. It has to be tough to come up with unique ways to kill walkers. Having said that, I abhor the mayor of the hilltop. Hands down one of the worst acting performances of all time. Every scene he's in yanks me out of my suspension of reality. Who did he screw to get a paying acting job?

#1255 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Agreed. The Dune type group was a bit jarring.
I liked the episode overall though. Partly because no Coral, but for me, no Negan was almost as much of a plus!

The jarring thing for me about the garbage pail kids group was the horrific cgi. When they show how big the trash empire is, the cgi is shamefully bad.

Edit: oops, someone already mentioned had bad it was.

1 week later
#1287 7 years ago

I found the episode entertaining. I like the side story of Dwight. His acting felt authentic. Not bad at all considering it focused on a secondary character.

#1292 7 years ago

I thought I heard them explain in a previous episode the walkers on the fence were there as camouflage for other walkers; a la when they smear walker guts on themselves to mask the scent.

Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly?

1 week later
#1305 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

But how bad was the CGI of the deer in the old fairgrounds?

Shamefully bad. Phoning it in bad. Bad, bad.

Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Rosita and Tara need to go ASAP. I cringe everytime they open their mouths. Just shitty acting.

That scene of the two of them near the end was painful to watch. I literally spoke out loud, "just shut up already." Those two add zero to the show.

1 week later
#1337 7 years ago

My issue is lazy writing. The story is ok to push the arc but how they get there has been shit. So Morgan has all that time while riding to the drop to ask the guy if he told the king but he waits until right when negan's people show up? What a lazy way to push that out. Then the king, through terrible acting says tell me now. Add to it, not knowing the full truth or who is telling it, they let Morgan kill one of their own without even a slight gesture of reservation of what's going down. And speaking of Morgan. They've known him what, a few weeks? A month? Yet they all seem to default to his judgment? Lazy writing again.

#1355 7 years ago

Fingers crossed Sasha dies but we know she won't. Last nights episode = zzzzzzzz

The mayor of hilltop continues to poorly act his way from scene to scene. The last scene with him and Jesus was painful.

The handle bar mustache savior (Trevor from gta V) is great though. He shines in every scene he's in.

1 week later
#1377 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

"Coral" walkers.

First thing I thought of was Davey Jones crew from pirates of the Caribbean. Meh!

I love the show but it feels like it's on vapors. I would take 2 seasons back to back of the budget saving Hershel's farm over this garbage. They got my hopes up that the walker was going to get the hilltop mayor. Nope, he lives to poorly act in another episode. Woohoo.

1 week later
#1407 7 years ago

I will continue to watch but it has....

IMG_1854 (resized).JPGIMG_1854 (resized).JPG

A show with a great premise and stellar pedigree mired in subpar story writing and too frequently poor acting.

King Ezekiel wins the piss poor acting award this week. "Today, We finish this!" Then proceedes to half heartedly trot down the street handgun in one hand and sword in the other. As my 13yo asked, "is it me or was that super cringy?"

#1424 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Seriously? There was almost zero chance that Negan was going to be killed in the season finale. There was not enough buildup for that to happen, and I always assumed that they would take a similar story arc that they used with The Governor, who also lasted a full season and half.
Negan will be dead by the middle of next season.
I was *hoping* he would be dead by the end of this season because I just can't stand his character. It's really bad. Annoying. And just not believable. The way he talks is beyond stupid. The Governor was 10 times better. We don't know shit about Negan and his background, or what made him the way he is. Complete opposite of The Governor, who was a much more complex and interesting character.
This whole season was a big letdown. Every episode will filler/setup. I *did* like how they dealt with Sasha's death in the finale....but good grief, when Ezekiel showed up with the Tiger and was yelling some nonsense was about the corniest thing I've seen yet. It was laughable.
I thought last season was really good. This year? It went downhill after the first episode, and it went downhill fast, and never really recovered.

That's cheating Rob. I meant the blind ending when she rushed into the building to end the episode. I will say I didn't expect her to die at all this season so you're half right. Thank god I was wrong.

Negan doesn't bother me. He's over the top bad guy but at least the acting is solid. The range from serious to manic to playful is well acted. Over the top, unbelievable character yes. Ezekiel and the hill top mayor remain my can't stand characters. Abysmal acting no matter how you look at it.

8 months later
#1699 6 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Are we taking bets on if Carl lives through this?
My wife's theory is that he got bitten by someone dressed as a zombie. He will live.

I looked it up and as mentioned previously by another poster here, the actor playing Carl was fired from the show.

I won’t spoil anything for anyone but those curious should look up the firing or the actor.

#1715 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Read the article but I don't believe it. Seems like a smoke screen. Just like how Steven Yeun's name was dropped from the opening credits for a few weeks when they pretended he died.
It would be insane for them to try this same trick twice, but we're at such a low level now, I don't put it past them.

Possibly. Doesn’t feel the same though.

Just ran across this article on amc:

http://www.amc.com/shows/the-walking-dead/talk/2017/12/spoilers-the-walking-dead-qa-chandler-riggs-carl?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_content=chandler-riggs-on-carls-vision-for-the-future&utm_campaign=the-walking-dead

Snippet:

Q: What was your first reaction to reading about Carl getting bit in the script? Were you told in advance?

A: I was super surprised. I was not expecting it at all. I don’t think any of the fans were expecting it. I found out during rehearsal for Episode 6, which was back around June. It was really weird for a while… but I’m going on to do lots of other cool and exciting things. I just booked a movie and that’s really exciting stuff. It’s definitely not the end for me. It might be the end for Carl, but not for me.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fear-the-walking-dead-starts-tonight?tu=skins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.