(Topic ID: 136745)

The Walking Dead , Fear TWD, NO Comic Book Spoilers! Show Discussion......

By OLDPINGUY

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,412 posts
  • 173 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by miracleman
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

corey-hawkins-as-heath-the-walking-dead (resized).jpg
wall falls 2 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
giphy.gif
TVSHOWS (resized).png
CD0ACFA4-F349-43D7-9B87-291D2CCCBF10 (resized).jpeg
DTS19NHX0AAC6Ii (resized).png
vlcsnap-2018-10-08-00h10m09s275 (resized).png
IMG_3933 (resized).jpeg
54E1E698-185E-46FC-ABF4-97939B92A8E7 (resized).jpeg
the-walking-dead-s9-poster (resized).jpg
901782DC-EAD0-4BB1-A655-281B315D1F98 (resized).jpeg
remote (resized).jpg
Kim-Dickens-as-Joanie-Stubbs-in-Deadwood-Season-2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider miracleman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#234 8 years ago

Thank God for Greg Nicotero.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gregory_Nicotero

His makeup and fx experience in Film and TV has made him the perfect Director for this show's budget and schedule.

The best episodes of the series' past few seasons have been Directed by him.

1 year later
#1062 7 years ago

Having read all the comics I'm up to date on what's going on there, overall where things are going with the show, and the things they're doing differently. The best thing they've changed lately is Negan taking Daryl (not in the comic) hostage. Otherwise Rick would take Negan out when he showed up the next week. Of course Negan bringing Daryl back with him blew that, and again regardless of the consequence someone would have taken Negan out for the greater good. The show is taking one step forward and two steps back.

The problem is while I thought the show would condense the comic storyline, they have not, and the stand alone episodes, while some are good, stop the momentum built up in Alexandria.

MY SOLUTION, and not too late for AMC to fix, is dump that stinking pile of shit called FEAR THE WALKING DEAD, and just give us 2 nights a week of TWD. There are enough characters and story going on where they're at in the comic timeline AND in the future to cover 2 nights a week. There's plenty going on at Alexandria, the Hilltop, and the Kingdom now to fill that time.

While the TWD world has expanded beyond our core cast members one-set-a-season format, it's time slot has not.

#1065 7 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Don't talk about the comic!!! It's against the rules to talk about the comic here! In ANY context! Don't even allude to the comic existing. This thread lives in a safe space world where there are no comic books! No comics!!1!1

LOL I know that! I think Daryl being a show creation has been a good thing, don't you?

Negan taking their guns does kinda make it hard for them to scavenge though.

#1094 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

OP (Art) can you request a moderator ban people from the thread? It clearly states in the title we do not want anything about the comics discussed.

Thankfully, there's no comic spoilers in my 2 posts, #1062 or #1064, or in either of jonesjb's posts.
I HATE spoilers, I can't watch movie trailers or 'next week on TWD' etc because I want to be totally surprised when I watch something.
At the beginning of each of the new Battlestar Galactica episodes they'd show quick glimpses of the entire episode! GAH! WTF?

If someone posted comic spoilers here I'd freak out and scream too!

Thankfully, that's not what happened.

1 year later
#1662 6 years ago

They really just need to end it this season, there's no coming back from how bad this television show has gotten. The lack of comments here after tonight's mid-season finale proves it.

1 week later
#1738 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Garbage people, have nothing, other than 1 weird leader.

Garbage People Leader (Pollyanna McIntosh) is cool and likes pinball! She did a cross promotion vid for me for the first Southern Pinball Festival 6 years ago when her film THE WOMAN came out...

#1740 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

That's super cool. How did the two of you connect?

After I saw THE WOMAN I said "Wow! This actress did an awesome job in a tough tole, who IS this?" and connected on FB.
Then she sent the plug and I edited it into the trailer. Later she did the first season of HAP & LEONARD on Sundance Channel before TWD.
She was a model for a while before she started acting 10 years ago, and she's directing her first film now.

pollyanna-mcintosh-20111013113401323-000 (resized).jpgpollyanna-mcintosh-20111013113401323-000 (resized).jpg

2 months later
#1844 6 years ago

Wow, only two comments about the show.
It is syfy level bad now.

1 week later
#1870 6 years ago

Terrible, terrible show. I fast forward through it every week now.

4 weeks later
#2024 6 years ago

I can say that NOTHING was satisfying for what viewers have put up with since The Saviors (and soon after, Negan) were introduced mid-way through Season 6. Actually I went back and checked, Season 6 Episode 9 was the last good episode of The Walking Dead. It was the last episode with TRUTH. True intensity of the characters and true caring for the story and direction/production of episodes. Everything after that chipped away at anything that was good until this finale, where we are left with a mangled dry-rotting corpse of what was once one of the best shows on television. One that made ZOMBIES a fully accepted medium for American Television. The show now is not even recognizable compared to what it was just a few seasons ago. It's wild success and turnover of show runners every season created a momentum that all involved could barely keep up with. Negan's killing of two major characters at the beginning of Season 7 DEMANDED a different resolution than we were given, and instead gave us the most watered down version of a 'FINAL FIGHT' imaginable, causing us to now pretty much hate EVERY CHARACTER on the show for their actions or lack thereof. And as bad as it's gotten, the show is just going to get worse.

1 month later
#2071 5 years ago

Well, TWD had gotten SO bad, and some here were saying FTWD had gotten better, so I just jumped in and caught up with this current season of it. I haven't watched FTWD since it's horrible first season, but was able to get up to speed without suffering through the shitshow inbetween.

First off I will say it wasn't absolutely horrible like TWD has become, but the show does not deserve the acting talent of new additions Lennie James, Garret Dillahunt, and Jenna Elfman. James' Morgan was an obvious move to firm up the fan base, but adding Dillahunt as John and Elfman as Laura was fantastic casting (although all 3 of them are likely each getting paid more than any of the regular cast, aside from lead Kim Dickens). Maggie Grace as Damnation-Alley-Tank-Driving Al is less effective, her video documenting annoying and eventually pointless, since half the people she interviewed lied.

The John & Laura episode was almost perfect (and highest rated season ep on IMDB), but suffered from one or two scenes of what has cursed both Walking Dead shows, BAD/DUMB ACTION SCENES!!! Whether it was John & Laura jumping into a creek with zombies (where loose zombie blood could infect any freakin' small scratch they might have had), or the newest episode where we had an almost exact copy of the TWD shootout at the Saviours HQ where both sides are shooting at each other from 10 Ft away (and can't seem to hit each other). The fact that NO ONE at AMC looks at these shows and says 'Ya Know, those action scenes suck", and forks over the budget for a cinematic military advisor is dumbfounding. Heck, Dale Dye is 73 and still working, he's only done everything from PLATOON to TROPIC THUNDER, hire him! Over the later episodes you could just see logic get dumber and dumber to the level of TWD's action scenes.

The biggest thing I've seen FTWD try to do this season is 'create drama' by jumping around from past to present, showing what's happening out of sequence, and saving what really technically happened at the beginning of the season for the forthcoming mid-season finale. Aside from personally HATING this overused, rarely well done kind of storytelling, it makes the talky scenes SOOOOO slow to watch that I'm fast forwarding through them trying to get to what the F actually happened!. It's a gimmick to make up for bad writing, like the fake-shakey-hand-held-camera crap shows also use to create drama that isn't there.

I'll see how it goes after this weeks episode, but will probably let it pile up again and watch the second half of the season all at once so I can fast forward through the bad stuff.

#2072 5 years ago

The mid-season finale had a few good bits between Al and Madison, but overall the episode was terrible. Lots of stupid logic, and lots of the eye-gouging slow motion that made the last season of TWD so bad. Plus an unresolved cliffhanger not quite as bad as Glenn and the dumpster, but as in that situation, no body = no death...

#2078 5 years ago

Hey, I'm just going by the show's 'logic'. If the Tank-Car's driver door can be ripped off for 10 minutes with NONE of the 3000 zombies walking up to it until Al's head is hung out of it, and then NONE of those 3000 zombies can rip off her flesh or bite her, then Madison can still be alive. Both WD shows get new show runners every season, if FEAR wants to they can bring her back in a year or two (if not cancelled by then).

"No one's gone until they're gone."
-Kim Dickens (while on the way out the door to film the DEADWOOD movie)

Kim-Dickens-as-Joanie-Stubbs-in-Deadwood-Season-2 (resized).jpgKim-Dickens-as-Joanie-Stubbs-in-Deadwood-Season-2 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#2101 5 years ago

New FTWD ep was terrible terrible terrible terrible for all the reasons stated above.
If a storm is strong enough to blow ONE walker through the air it would blow ALL of them.
Morgan will likely make it back with the Fear peeps right when Rick croaks, then TWD will spend a whole season mourning Rick.
Z-Z-Z-Z-Z-Z-Z-Z-Z-Z-Z-Z-Z-Z-Z
Since TWD viewership is about to take a BIG nosedive, I can see them folding Fear into WD and just having one show so AMC can save $$$.

1 month later
#2123 5 years ago

This Season 9 opener was honestly the best episode in YEARS.

It actually looked like a real theatrical movie: writing, directing, acting, lighting, and sets were all great.
What also made the show good was it had all of the Original Group in it that are still around, not just the ton of supporting characters we've had nothing invested in, it was all the A-level team.
The change needed for this episode without Carl around was well done, and props to new showrunner Angela Kang who also wrote the script.
I didn't think they'd actually end the episode like they (authentically) did, although Rick being there and ok with it was new, and didn't quite fit with his earlier judgement of keeping Negan alive...

So while I still wouldn't bet money on them pulling off the depatuture of Andrew Lincoln and Lauren Cohan this season, and leaving enough of a logical balance between the major characters left, I'll keep tuning in each week hoping it doesn't slip back into the crapper.

vlcsnap-2018-10-08-00h10m09s275 (resized).pngvlcsnap-2018-10-08-00h10m09s275 (resized).png
1 week later
#2124 5 years ago

TWO good episodes of Walking Dead in a row ?!?!?!?!?!
Crazy times...

2 weeks later
#2130 5 years ago

Yep, after a good start it's slipping again...

If Rick sacrifices himself by blowing up the bridge to take out the horde I'm done... again.

1 week later
#2202 5 years ago
Quoted from miracleman:

If Rick sacrifices himself by blowing up the bridge to take out the horde I'm done... again.

Guess I win the pool!

4 years later
#2412 1 year ago

Wow this thread died. Only came to catch up on FTWD talk since I saw that Kim Dickens had come back as Madison, as I predicted 4 years ago...

Quoted from miracleman:

an unresolved cliffhanger not quite as bad as Glenn and the dumpster, but as in that situation, no body = no death...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider miracleman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fear-the-walking-dead-starts-tonight?tu=miracleman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.