(Topic ID: 136745)

The Walking Dead , Fear TWD, NO Comic Book Spoilers! Show Discussion......

By OLDPINGUY

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,412 posts
  • 173 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by miracleman
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

corey-hawkins-as-heath-the-walking-dead (resized).jpg
wall falls 2 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
giphy.gif
TVSHOWS (resized).png
CD0ACFA4-F349-43D7-9B87-291D2CCCBF10 (resized).jpeg
DTS19NHX0AAC6Ii (resized).png
vlcsnap-2018-10-08-00h10m09s275 (resized).png
IMG_3933 (resized).jpeg
54E1E698-185E-46FC-ABF4-97939B92A8E7 (resized).jpeg
the-walking-dead-s9-poster (resized).jpg
901782DC-EAD0-4BB1-A655-281B315D1F98 (resized).jpeg
remote (resized).jpg
Kim-Dickens-as-Joanie-Stubbs-in-Deadwood-Season-2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jlm33.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

This may be the druggie son's wakeup call!!

Probably spot on.

So... saw the premiere... so so.

It's not that I dislike the slow space - it makes sense to show a gradual shift into chaos.
My concern is that I don't really like any of the characters so far. Hope to be wrong.

#74 8 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

yes, the kid with the knife....hope we see more of him. He was just nonchalantly spewing out how society is gonna crash

Agreed. Starting to enjoy FTWD. Not a big fan, but better impressions after the second episode than after the first.

3 weeks later
#139 8 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

I guess that you are right. Nobody in my family likes the show and we are still watching it and probably will continue to watch just to see what happens.

I am the last man standing in the family. Boys gave up. Wife hates it.

... and unsure if I can stand two more episodes myself.

#151 8 years ago

Thinking of a French version of FTWD. Specifically:
Real humans got a fighting chance:
- French walkers are inactive half of the time (on sick leave or Holidays) and spend the rest bitching about their fate.
- French walkers only seek gourmet food (fresh meat, no fat)

You can't fight your genes, even after death.

Wonder how the Eiffel tower zombie would look like.

2 weeks later
#220 8 years ago

Found the last episode to be a very decent finale. Clearly above what I saw before. Now waiting for the "real" walking dead...

6 months later
#722 8 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Banshee? I will check it out...

You bet you should.

Seen FTWD season 2 first episode a day after watching TWD season's finale... the comparison is painful for FTWD.
I still cannot relate with any of the characters in FTWD. Won't probably continue watching for long.

#726 8 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I usually browse pinside or something else while watching. I keep hoping something interesting is going to happen, but it just never does.

You mean: On Pinside, or on FTWD?

#752 8 years ago

Just saw FTWD s2e2. For me FTWD will never be more than a filler between TWD seasons.
I might be in the minority but I actually found this second episode OK. Slow for sure... but better than the previous one (which I hated).

1 week later
#768 8 years ago

I am always late to the party... but yeah, I enjoyed episode #3. Starting to be hooked.

1 month later
#830 7 years ago

Just saw FTWD mid-season finale... Geez, that was bad. I started to like the season but the last two episodes in the Mexican mansion were a mess.

Too bad they did not focus FTWD on the collapse of civilization / early stages of the infection. Now we basically have a TWD remake with a lower budget and characters most of us hate.

Quoted from Taxman:

The whole concept of this lady keeping the dead safe seems oddly familiar. Oh that's right, can you say the barn on Hershel's farm?

Yeah... As if we needed another version of it

Quoted from Taxman:

the show has so many problems it help me forget about my own

So true...

4 months later
#931 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I still think it was a big mistake the way that the ended last season with the cliffhanger as to who Negan killed. If you really wanted to know the answer, you can find it.

Having read the comics well before the TV show, I (of course) remember who is supposed to die. But there is still an element of doubt - will they change the storyline? Kill someone else in addition to xxx? I know how frustrating was the last season ending, but my sons (*) and I thought it was it great cliffhanger. In a "FY" way - we all thought "Geez, they're really evil...".

(*) they are 19 and 22 - guess they are old enough to watch the series

8 months later
#1460 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

I'm suddenly liking the show.....as weird as it feels to say at this point

Have not looked at episode 5 yet, but the one with Daniel was good. Really good. The whole season 3 seems better. Same writers ?

3 months later
#1485 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

It bothered me that they created this massive bunker filled with food and weapons large enough as seen in all episodes, and didnt put in an air vent.

Well, there was *one* air vent, but no backup.

I also found this episode to be the worst of this season (which was not so bad so far IMO);
They had a good potential with these two communities forced to live together... and yet they decided to blow it away. Failed opportunity.

4 months later
#1759 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Anyone here watch Fringe?

Check my avatar...

2 months later
#1992 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I thought that with the way season 8 ended it could have been a fairly good ending to the entire show.

My thoughts exactly.

Not sure I am buying the forthcoming Maggie vs Rick battle...

#2009 6 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Think I'm going to give Fear another shot. Watched season (1) awhile back and thought it was okay, but maybe I judged it too hard.

Well, prepare to suffer then when watching season 2! You 'll end up dreaming of strangling / mutilating / lucillating* the junkie son...

FTWD Season 3 is better.

* with Lucille, Negan's bat.

1 week later
#2052 5 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Double yes! Finally, a bold move that should greatly improve the show.

Triple Yes.

FTWD last episode was very good.

6 months later
#2146 5 years ago

I stopped watching after season 9 first episode (I actually watched it against my own volition based on reports here it was good).
I simply could not stand Gregory, back with the exact same slimy & selfish character. At least his contribution to this season was short...

Now all I need are 60s recaps for each episode. Not going to waste any more time with it.

That's bad because this show deserved a proper end.

2 years later
#2410 2 years ago

I stopped watching TWD a few seasons ago - after Negan's fall.

I still watch Fear TWD, I kind of liked the previous seasons, but I did not really enjoy the first episode of the current season (7).
Not a big fan of Victor Strand...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jlm33.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fear-the-walking-dead-starts-tonight?tu=jlm33 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.