(Topic ID: 136745)

The Walking Dead , Fear TWD, NO Comic Book Spoilers! Show Discussion......

By OLDPINGUY

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,412 posts
  • 173 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by miracleman
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

corey-hawkins-as-heath-the-walking-dead (resized).jpg
wall falls 2 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
giphy.gif
TVSHOWS (resized).png
CD0ACFA4-F349-43D7-9B87-291D2CCCBF10 (resized).jpeg
DTS19NHX0AAC6Ii (resized).png
vlcsnap-2018-10-08-00h10m09s275 (resized).png
IMG_3933 (resized).jpeg
54E1E698-185E-46FC-ABF4-97939B92A8E7 (resized).jpeg
the-walking-dead-s9-poster (resized).jpg
901782DC-EAD0-4BB1-A655-281B315D1F98 (resized).jpeg
remote (resized).jpg
Kim-Dickens-as-Joanie-Stubbs-in-Deadwood-Season-2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheFamilyArcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#40 8 years ago

I just watched it. It's pretty hard to build up tension with long commercial breaks every 5 minutes. I agree TWD premier was better, but there was nothing wrong with this. I thought it was pretty decent. Characters are likable and they act fine. I'm looking forward to how this develops. The story can literally take an infinite amount of turns, so what's not to like? I WILL stop watching if they kill off the hot daughter in season one. That would be a blow.

Will TWD start again soon? That's not done is it?

#44 8 years ago

I watched after the fact online, so it might have been different. But all these shows work much better streaming without commercial interruption. Tension is hard when a tampon or fast food commercial interrupts the drama.

4 weeks later
#169 8 years ago

Wow, lots of criticism. I thought this weeks episode was easily one of the best thus far. Finally was able to dvr and watch without commercials. So much better. Lots of drama and actual pathos in this one. I could care a whit that there weren't any zombies. They're coming, I assure you.

They've set up the next two episodes for being absolutely action packed with plenty of plot. I think they'll deliver. I do agree that some of these "major" characters could die off and the show would improve...and I'm hoping for it. Hopefully the show is planning some big surprises.

#170 8 years ago

And another backslide. We needed to see that black dude 3 episodes ago. Definitely the best character thus far. I don't like the druggies chances now! Episode fell flat for me. At least TWD is waiting in the wings, and the previews look awesome!

#176 8 years ago

I enjoyed the episode, but I needed more. The scene in the "rich house" was wasted time. The posturing of the lead military dude: wasted time. And now that guy is just gone? Whatever.

They could have done so much more to build tension. The torture stuff was meh, they could have edited that way better. I thought we'd get two balls to wall episodes, but they are really unfolding this slowly...too slowly if the the sentiments related here are shared by the broader viewing audience.

I think the producers are simply assuming they have an automatic franchise on their hands and can spin it up anyway they please. I'll admit I'll keep watching, because I think there is enormous potential....but overall it's been pretty bland.

#187 8 years ago

Appreciate the opinion SKB. I got the scene but agree with Rob... Just didn't enjoy it and think the time coulda been used forwarding other elements. What elements is hard to say, because the overall story is still so big picture after 7 episodes. I'm still all in because I like the potential. I just want more meat! You'd think more of the neighborhood would have come together by now. But it appears as if the last episode is just gonna be some kind of free for all to get to the desert or whatever. But frankly I'll be shocked if anyone even gets out of LA this season.

#196 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Hah! I don't think any of us know anyone's names! ...except you
But that's how unrelatable these characters are and how little Impact they've made to Us viewers.

Omg you are freaking right! I just realized that off the top of my head I hardly know any of these characters names! Nick and Ophelia and that's it. And they are the two that could die first and no one would even miss them.

I'm sticking with 'the black dude' even when he gets a name. More bad ass way

5 months later
#542 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Wow...so that was one of those episodes where absolutely nothing makes sense and things are kind of stupid.
Can't really complain as that was the first stinker this half-season, and we are wrapping things up.

Yeah. Agree. MORE bad guys? Seems like this Alexandria region has become a haven for heavily armed bad-ass survivors.

So is Negan dead or alive? Is this latest band of dirtbags part of the Negan thing?

I'm confused. And no spoilers please. Just real douchey to post them.

#545 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don't read the comics, but Not sure how I can answer your questions without spoiling...so don't read ahead if you don't want answers or speculation to the specific questions you asked...
Negan is alive. They hired an actor - a good one, who isn't just gonna hang around for two episodes - to play him and we haven't seen him yet.
Seems most likely that group of people are part of the Negan thing. I'm sure most of the heavies from here on in will be. I'm sure Negan will be the entire next season. He's the latest Baddie Badington.

Well, good then, I guess. Because the whole thing would just be kinda jumping the shark if these latest dungbags weren't associated with Negan. Whoever he is. Hopefully not some mad max cartoon.

Somebody already spoiled the part about the actor, so that was already out there. Primo certainly wasn't Negan. Interested in the "We are all Negan" comment. Thought Negan might be an acronym.

But the show needs a new twist on the current formula to stay special IMO. I'm growing weary of the "we've got to stop these bad guys" plots. First the Wolves, now Negan. OK. But what else is there? Hopefully some writer will get a big raise coming up with the next great plot line for TWD.

I do dig Jesus. Want to see more of his nifty tricksies in the forthcoming episodes.

1 week later
#685 8 years ago

Speeding through the commercials I noticed that Norman Reedus has a new show, "Ride." I immediately thought "oh sh*t", that must mean Daryls off the show....But now that I've learned it's a reality show, as opposed to one in which Norman plays a new character, I'm relieved a bit. I thought Daryl might have met up with Lucille, but now I'm pretty dubious. Thankfully, because Daryl must get even with that dirtbag that killed Denise.

1 month later
#824 7 years ago

Ah, it's fun to watch. Fun to wince at. Fun to criticize. I'm enjoying it well enough. Weird though. Things just got real weird.

8 months later
#1215 7 years ago

2 more weeks! I'm still in. The ride gets a little bumpy at times. And boring too! But it's still a good show and there's plenty more good stuff to come IMO. Maybe Coral will lose the OTHER eye! I know, right?!?!

2 months later
#1443 6 years ago

Neegan flipping the extended bird out the truck window while leaving Alexandria was pretty funny.

9 months later
#1742 6 years ago

Welp, my wife and I finally finished the first 8. Totally agree with all the implausibility complaints. Every season it gets worse.

And I also agree with banning anyone from the thread who suggests they read the comic, know what happens, heard someone be got fired... and indicates that something is or isn’t going to happen. Or even hints of a spoiler. It’s not about you. Go away. And STFU.

I’ve stuck around this long, and I’ll stick around for the rest. But I do hope it improves, and they add something special to the story arc. The endless war is getting tiresome. Although I do loves me some Negan. He is way more likable than Rick at this point. Weird.

It fires back up in February, right?

1 year later
#2364 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Gabe is getting more ass than a toilet seat but Daryl has never been with a girl since the show started.

I’m really late on this season, because I had really considered ditching it after the first few episodes. But I’m a completist. Really questioning my decision to keep watching after “Stradivarius” and the last couple episodes (my wife quit, she’s the smart one). So freaking horrible.

But I had to quite the Gabe post above. Man, Rai, you won the Internet when you posted that. Toooooooo funny! And so true! Daryl really needs to get laid and take the mantle. This should be Daryls world, and Negan should be his bitch! Not sexually of course, Daryl deserves much better.

Daryl and Carol should really rule what’s left. They could be such bad ass rulers.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheFamilyArcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fear-the-walking-dead-starts-tonight?tu=TheFamilyArcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.