(Topic ID: 136745)

The Walking Dead , Fear TWD, NO Comic Book Spoilers! Show Discussion......

By OLDPINGUY

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,412 posts
  • 173 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by miracleman
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

corey-hawkins-as-heath-the-walking-dead (resized).jpg
wall falls 2 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
giphy.gif
TVSHOWS (resized).png
CD0ACFA4-F349-43D7-9B87-291D2CCCBF10 (resized).jpeg
DTS19NHX0AAC6Ii (resized).png
vlcsnap-2018-10-08-00h10m09s275 (resized).png
IMG_3933 (resized).jpeg
54E1E698-185E-46FC-ABF4-97939B92A8E7 (resized).jpeg
the-walking-dead-s9-poster (resized).jpg
901782DC-EAD0-4BB1-A655-281B315D1F98 (resized).jpeg
remote (resized).jpg
Kim-Dickens-as-Joanie-Stubbs-in-Deadwood-Season-2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DCFAN.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1084 7 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

Saying, "Character X is still alive on the TV show, even though Character X died much earlier in the comics" is acceptable.

Marcus

How is it acceptable since stating the person is dead in the comic will be foreshadowing of the character's death to come on the show? Didn't you mean unacceptable?

#1089 7 years ago

I know we can question things too much, but why isn't anybody doing more farming with actual tractors? It would be a whole lot more productive than driving all over looking for crap that has already been picked over. Food would not really be a problem if you lived in a rural area with decent soil. There also would not be very many zombies in a rural area.

1 week later
#1151 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

nailed it...Dwight and/or his "ex" wife obviously left that note for Darryl since Darryl's bike was ready to roll w/the keys.

Also:

Nostradamus...who needs the comic book?

Now that Eugene is being taken to the Saviors' compound, I wonder if he will be instrumental in taking them down. If they assign Eugene to making bullets for the Saviors, he could create explosives or something like that to weaken them from within.
It has seemed obvious from the last few episodes that the people from Hilltop, Alexandria, the Kingdom, and the hidden women's camp by the beach would end up all uniting in some fashion to take down the Saviors organization.

#1154 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Is that a "I thought it was Jesus" because I read the comic and that's what happened? I don't want comic knowledge and realistically Jesus couldn't have pulled it off regardless

The good news is that I don't think he can be doing a subtle spoiler on this one like he has been with other posts in this thread because Daryl did not exist in the comics.

#1158 7 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

But thinking more, it probably wasn't Jesus... If it was, wouldn't Jesus say it's him on the note, instead of being vague.

I doubt it was Jesus either, but if he did sign his name that would be begging for someone to come and kill him if one of the Saviors found the note.

#1162 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I really liked when Morgan said to that dude, "You are so wrong. Carol is by far the most formidable fighter in this room".

Yeah, she will mind game you to death.

#1167 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'm pretty sure once Carol and Morgan find out about all the barbaric shit Negan has done to the people they love, they'll both jump right back into full blown badass mode ...

As has been proven throughout the series, being passive will eventually get you in trouble or dead.

2 months later
#1274 7 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

So since you guys are bailing, I guess we can now discuss the comic in this thread?

No. No thanks.

3 weeks later
#1330 7 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

You guys like to complain about this show quite a bit.

Yeah. I thought the storyline for this latest episode was better than most recent episodes.

#1333 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

After they finish with Negan....the obvious conclusion, Id love to see the show take a big turn.
Back to the city, Mutations/changes/answers/problems with the Zombies as they claw back.
They have our empathy for the characters that are left, lets let them struggle with zombies again as opposed to slice and dice.
Just my 2 cents.

I would like to see them seek out a solution such as another CDC or some scientist that is actually working on a cure. Then let the series end in a couple seasons.

#1336 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I think there will be a twist at the end and he'll be around at least another season.
I suspect the garbage people will reveal they are with Negan.
LTG : )

That would suck but also would not be surprising. I am curious to see if the fish eating women will fight the Alexandrian's or go for revenge against Negan.

1 week later
#1363 7 years ago

With only two episodes left the next episode should be eventful. From the previews, it appeared the Alexandrian's will likely attack the fish eating women. It would be ideal if they end up uniting with the women rather than killing them and it would make sense because the fish eaters should want revenge against Negan for killing all of their men and boy children. It also would not set a very good tone if the Alexandrian's killed a bunch of children along with the women.

#1373 7 years ago

"Coral" walkers.

1 week later
#1405 7 years ago

As despised as he is with many TWD watchers, Carl does deserve some credit for getting the shooting started when Sasha stuns the Saviors as a zombie.

#1437 7 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I just want to see them doing something other than searching for shit to give Negan. The show is getting stale.

I am sure the serving Negan aspect is very far from their minds after chasing Negan away from Alexandria. Now they will prepare for a war if they want to survive. I suspect they will need to recruit the women from the ocean to have reinforcements.

#1439 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Why wouldn't Negan immediately load up the trucks and go wipe them out? That doesn't make sense, even for TWD.

Yeah, they looked way too casual after that little fight especially knowing that the garbage people are not on their side so their numbers are much smaller than originally planned.

8 months later
#1672 6 years ago

Why doesn't Maggie look pregnant yet?

#1693 6 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

Is that inconsistent with chopping off a bitten limb to stay alive?
Why would a bite mean certain death if you're already infected with the virus?

When you are alive the virus in you is dormant, but if you are bit the active virus gets into your body from the walker's mouth.

2 months later
#1786 6 years ago

Were the commercials more frequent this episode than normal? Thank goodness for fast forward on DVR.
The show is dragging on but at least this episode a couple of recognizable characters died and the settings will be different now that Alexandria has burned.

#1791 6 years ago

The picture quality was fine in HD. The show is meant to be watched in HD just like everything else these days.

#1804 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

The problem isn't characters, like Rick or Shane, it's the writing of those characters.
I suspect a Shane led TWD would be in as big a mess at this stage.
The show is also extremely nihilistic. There is no "good" future for anyone or any character. There is no end game. There is nothing except dog eat dog. That formula isn't holding up.

They need to have a path toward the science of the disease and a finding cure. Hopefully that is what the helicopter is about, but I doubt it based on the writer's tendencies.

#1823 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Finally! A rather good episode of Walking Dead!

Yes. That episode left me wanting to see the next episode much more than most episodes of the last two seasons.

#1832 6 years ago

Did you notice that Jadis spoke in normal English after her fellow trash people were killed?

#1835 6 years ago

Anybody up for some hamburger today?

#1839 6 years ago

Negan must not be very athletic.
I believe it is just an artist error because his hands were in the correct position when he killed Glenn.

The-Walking-Dead-Season-8-Cast-Autograph-Signed (resized).jpgThe-Walking-Dead-Season-8-Cast-Autograph-Signed (resized).jpg

1 week later
#1851 6 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

Is Maggie still pregnant? She sure doesn't look it.

She is about to give birth....to a one pound baby.

The least they could do is plump her shirt up a little in the stomach area. It has been at least a couple of seasons since she was first pregnant.

2 weeks later
#1898 6 years ago

The person that Negan picked up in his car is probably the girl that found out Dwight was on the Hilltop's side. She has been missing since that episode where she escaped the setup ambush by the hilltop. Another possibility is the person picked up by Negan is Gregory, but what would be the point in that? His character has no purpose anymore.

I can't believe it is looking like Negan will still be the bad guy going into next season. They only have two episodes left this season to settle things.
I guess Simon will be the big story for the remainder of this season and possibly Dwight since Negan will learn that he has been working for the other side.

1 week later
#1962 6 years ago

Eugene finally comes through. I thought the season finale episode was pretty good.

#1970 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Jeffery made a point that Negan was no worse than Rick. He said when Negan killed Abraham and Glen (two people) Rick had already massacred 50 of his men at the station while they were asleep (note Negan had not done anything to Rick at that point) Rick was just doing it to help out Hilltop. Plus Darryl had used a rocket launcher to kill another 20. So Ricks gang had executed 70 of Negans group already.
Howard said but Rick doesn’t sleep with other people’s wives but Jeffery said well that’s only been hinted at, no one say him having sex with his wives. But that was a tenuous argument.
Plus lately Rick breaking his word to the other Saviors in last episode and executing them and also not fair what he did to a Negan in the fight where he said they didn’t have to kill each other. True Rick did come around but it was not a fair way to fight whearas Negan did give Simon a fair fight. Negan saved Gabriel and didn’t kill Darryl or Sasha or Carl.

Negan's crew was holding them up when Darryl used the rocket launcher to get out of the situation. Also, Negan's side was known to be using other civilizations for their resources so he is much worse than Rick and the Alexandrians who usually only do the harm when it is people that deserve it.

#1974 6 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Rick's team didn't KNOW that was happening though. Gregory told them the Saviors were bad, and Rick basically said, "I'll go massacre them for you."

I thought I remembered Jesus telling Rick about how they had to give away goods and food to not get harrassed by the Saviors.
The one thing that was not conveyed well by the Hilltop to Rick was how big the saviors were before he said yes to the offer of food for taking them out.

#1976 6 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Even if that's true, that's still only two people telling him something. They didn't do any due diligence to make sure they were being told the truth, they just went and murdered a bunch of a people.

Yes, but they were starving and had no time to wait for proof. They did what seemed right at the time based on their intuition. Everyone they ran into seemed like a bunch of savages compared with the Hilltop, remembering the wolves and cannibals they had just come across.

#1977 6 years ago

I did not really like the way they made Maggie seem a little nuts at the end and have pacifist Jesus pretty much buying in to what she was saying. It seemed out of character for both Jesus and Maggie to some degree. What they should have done is made it a little less sinister and have them talking behind Rick's back about having a little more democracy on the punishment for Negan. Dictatorships only work when the people are forced to do things. In this case there is no reason why Rick should act like a dictator and the people just accept they have no say and do what he says.

#1983 6 years ago

I hope next season prisoner Negan is only a small part of the show and they move on to the next adversity/villain and the darn helicopter story.

5 months later
4 weeks later
#2187 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Two things:
What is an A and a B?
Why is Judith a badass? Carl developed into one because he had Rick as a father figure and all of the experiences they went through trying to survive. Judith is growing up in this protected society so shouldn’t just Mary Sue her way there.

I read the a and b is likely people that are infected and not infected for experiments with vaccines.

#2190 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I thought everyone was a "carrier".

I think they are referring to bit but not turned yet.

It would not surprise me if the a and b refers to personality traits.

#2209 5 years ago

Carol is really pulling off the Legolas look now with the pinned back long light-colored hair and the bow and arrow.

#2211 5 years ago

One thing that is probably the dumbest part of the show is how many people sleep out in the open. If suddenly 50% of the population or more was dead, as it appears they portray on the show, then certainly there would be tons of nice houses and beds to sleep in.

#2228 5 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

That information is not exactly current or even remotely recent. The comic "spoiler" is from events in the comic from over 4 years ago in 2014.

In this thread it is against the rules to talk about the comic in general as it relates to what might happen in the tv show.
Most people that watch the show do not know the comics at all.

1 week later
#2234 5 years ago

I can't believe hayzoos died.

#2241 5 years ago

Are they intentionally getting rid of all the British actors...Jesus, Maggie (half Scottish), the governor, Morgan (moved him to Fear), and Rick. Are there more?

#2250 5 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Jesus is a hetero action star who took the role knowing the character was gay. Yet there were no to little overt signs of this persuasion during the seasons. He spoke the right pc mantra in interviews, yet,right when the natural evolution would have him expand a male relationship they kill him off.
Just a guess but I think he resisted it and Kang killed him off.

You may be right, would not be surprised.
I have been watching Man in the High Castle season 3. They have introduced or disclosed numerous gay characters this season. It just seems like TV and film is getting too carried away with including gay story lines in the content the last couple years. It is one thing to have an occasional key character be gay but they are furthering it to the point that it seems very forced and not needed or organic to character and the story to that point in the build-up.

2 months later
#2267 5 years ago

Very slow episode. The next episode will probably go off to a side story dealing with the kingdom or hilltop to slow it down further.

#2275 5 years ago
Quoted from GGBGROUP:

Correct. But the show is TRYING to create a BS conflict storyline so that turning her over isn't that easy. What I think is that the show is rolling out the girl Lydia's backstory in conjunction with Carol's sons BS, both working to pull Daryl into the 'she a good person in a bad situation' arc, with Daryl having to do the right thing and protect this girl from her crazy mom. OMG. The show amazes me for how bad it can be. Daryl has been through so much BS already that he should have no problem saying this is not my problem and do a simple exchange with all guns drawn. I hope I'm wrong and that IS what happens... but i think Lydia is gonna want to make this difficult.
The writers have this huge chessboard of different pieces and can't figure out which ones need to be moved...and which should be left alone... The Jesus character was a COMPLETE waste in the story. The writers are all over the place and have totally lost focus on the main characters. They better redeem themselves and show the viewers why Negan has hung around ALL THESE YEARS...

I suspect that a big part of the problem is the unpredictable nature of actors and their wanting to leave or demand more money. It is also based on a comic book so some things likely don't work well in film and the shows writers have gone off on their own tangents from the comic which has also often been because of certain actors wanting out or needing to be forced out. Still, what we are seeing as an end result is often leaving many of us saying such and such could have been done or written so much better or more realistically/believable.

#2277 5 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Why can't Tara be one of those actors?

She is not British?

1 week later
#2304 5 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

Wow, what a surprise. Henry does something stupid without considering the consequences. Getting Lydia out of there could have gotten someone killed. And then the little genius takes off, further endangering himself of anyone else who goes looking for him. I really think the writers should stop insulting the intelligence of the viewers. The only thing that stupid kid has EVER done on the show is impulsively act, doing whatever the hell he wants to do at that moment. There is no way the rest of the group would not straighten that shit out. For the good of the group, that kid needs to have some sense pounded into him, or get locked up, or even better, exiled.

It really is bad writing when every controversy or drama in the show has to be related to somebody doing dumb things. Why can't drama just be because of tough and necessary choices or circumstances that naturally occur?

Also, the whisperers don't seem to be much of a drama. They don't appear to have much in terms of weapons and there is no way that their flock would be loyal when they ditch babies to the hordes whenever convenient.

3 weeks later
#2329 5 years ago

Enid, Tara, Henry, Brett Butler’s character and a few lesser characters.

I was surprised they did in Enid an Tara and was thinking Ezekiel would get it.

#2334 5 years ago

I was just reading that one of the deadheads was one of Negan's wives that had moved to Alexandria. I wonder if Negan will be coming for some revenge eventually.

#2346 5 years ago

Here is a question that should have been explained in the show: Why hasn't Alexandria become flush with bullets since Eugene had figured out how to make them? In the present day episodes of Walking Dead it seems like bullets are almost extinct with the exception of a few saved ones here and there.

11 months later
#2393 4 years ago

Give tonight's episode a watch. I thought it is probably one of the better episodes of the last few seasons.

5 months later
#2395 3 years ago

Thread revival. There is some big news on the future of the show:
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/walking-dead-end-super-sized-153057239.html

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DCFAN.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fear-the-walking-dead-starts-tonight?tu=DCFAN and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.