(Topic ID: 136745)

The Walking Dead , Fear TWD, NO Comic Book Spoilers! Show Discussion......

By OLDPINGUY

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,412 posts
  • 173 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by miracleman
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

corey-hawkins-as-heath-the-walking-dead (resized).jpg
wall falls 2 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
giphy.gif
TVSHOWS (resized).png
CD0ACFA4-F349-43D7-9B87-291D2CCCBF10 (resized).jpeg
DTS19NHX0AAC6Ii (resized).png
vlcsnap-2018-10-08-00h10m09s275 (resized).png
IMG_3933 (resized).jpeg
54E1E698-185E-46FC-ABF4-97939B92A8E7 (resized).jpeg
the-walking-dead-s9-poster (resized).jpg
901782DC-EAD0-4BB1-A655-281B315D1F98 (resized).jpeg
remote (resized).jpg
Kim-Dickens-as-Joanie-Stubbs-in-Deadwood-Season-2 (resized).jpg
There are 2,412 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 49.
#251 8 years ago

I thought the season 5 premiere was much better than season 6. Where was Carl at? I didn't see him the entire episode.

If it was real life (which it isn't), wouldn't it be a better idea to deal with the pit by killing the walkers? It looked like there was just a couple of walkers escaping at a time. That's something you could task a crew with killing via swords, arrows, pikes, spears, etc. Maybe guns just in case things got out of control?

Leading the walkers away doesn't sound like much of a solution, because eventually they're just going to.... Walk right back.

#252 8 years ago

I thought the season 5 premiere was much better than season 6. Where was Carl at? I didn't see him the entire episode.

If it was real life (which it isn't), wouldn't it be a better idea to deal with the pit by killing the walkers? It looked like there was just a couple of walkers escaping at a time. That's something you could task a crew with killing via swords, arrows, pikes, spears, etc. Maybe guns just in case things got out of control?

Leading the walkers away doesn't sound like much of a solution, because eventually they're just going to.... Walk right back.

#253 8 years ago

I was bothered by this too.

First, taking them only 20 miles, 5 hours, they would mostly come back.

So the family through out ideas from killing them slowly through the funnel,
walking them to the top and off, going splat.
Grabbing some dozers and plowing around or pushing debri into the quarry.
Flooding, then setting on fire so only their heads burned.
Flooding, waiting for winter, then with just the heads frozen above ice, do a killer zamboni.

Somehow, a parade out seemed the last thing to do..but still loved it.

Cheese Wheel on Z nation was awesome!

#254 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Now that they've "escaped" the city and they know about bolting zombies in the head....how is Fear going to be anything other than TWD 2? I'll still watch but seems like it'll be a little redundant...

If it was well written, they could definitely do it. Didn't they have like 10 versions of CSI on at the same time a few years ago?

I'd watch two different versions of the Walking Dead with different characters, if it was good.

#255 8 years ago

So who is honking the horn?

The priest?
The kid whose dad got killed?
The mayor?
Outsiders wanting to take over after the zombies over run?

#256 8 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

So who is honking the horn?
The priest?
The mayor?
Outsiders wanting to take over after the zombies over run?

Definitely the f*** priest!

#257 8 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

that was my thought at first..though I didn't give it much thought since it was such a Three's Company uh-oh not again moment.

#258 8 years ago

Is there a TWD series discussion thread on pinside? If not the OP could change the title of this one!

#259 8 years ago

Its the "new character". Just wait. We might see him and his cronies Sunday.

#260 8 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I was bothered by this too.
First, taking them only 20 miles, 5 hours, they would mostly come back.
So the family through out ideas from killing them slowly through the funnel,
walking them to the top and off, going splat.
Grabbing some dozers and plowing around or pushing debri into the quarry.
Flooding, then setting on fire so only their heads burned.
Flooding, waiting for winter, then with just the heads frozen above ice, do a killer zamboni.
Somehow, a parade out seemed the last thing to do..but still loved it.
Cheese Wheel on Z nation was awesome!

Burying them , they dig out. Flooding with fire, only burns the head , still alive. Winter and frozen head ? Maybe. Having them fall down a large ramp. Maybe. The human head is a fortruss. Tough to get through.

#261 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Is there a TWD series discussion thread on pinside? If not the OP could change the title of this one!

Thanks Art!!!

#262 8 years ago

Have we seen an episode where burning the head is enough to stop them from being able to bite, or have they pretty much shown, that this "wont work"?

I cant imagine that an intense fire wont turn them to goo?

but hey, how can we debate a "show"?.....Damn Zombies!

Title changed.

#263 8 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

Problem is one truck was about to crash and free them all, which it did!

#264 8 years ago
Quoted from Classic_Stern:

The human head is a fortruss. Tough to get through.

When you're a zombie, not that much.... several times I've seen them completely smash a zombie head with so little effort....

#265 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I've seen them completely smash a zombie head with so little effort....

lol...nearly any instrument, blunt or otherwise, seems to sheer skull like a surgical strike.

#266 8 years ago

Headstompzombie_zpseef4cd43.gifHeadstompzombie_zpseef4cd43.gif

#267 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Definitely the f*** priest!

I tend to agree.

Rick needs to kill the priest. I guess the producers want to keep at least one black dude from The Wire alive now that the other two are dead?

#268 8 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Have we seen an episode where burning the head is enough to stop them from being able to bite, or have they pretty much shown, that this "wont work"?
I cant imagine that an intense fire wont turn them to goo?
but hey, how can we debate a "show"?.....Damn Zombies!
Title changed.

I guess to me it makes sense to try first but then again. Its hollywood and you have to have super drama

#269 8 years ago

I'd also like to see them kill the Priest, he has no redeemable qualities.

In the past they've been very good, almost amazingly good, at introducing new characters, then killing off an original character and having the new characters stick. That's really hard to do, though!

So I think they're holding onto the Priest for dear life since he's been around a couple seasons now. I'm not sure there's anybody really in the town now that can add to their merry little gang when they move along, though...

#270 8 years ago
Quoted from LyonsRonnie1:

I'd also like to see them kill the Priest, he has no redeemable qualities.

100% this!!!! Once again, when shit hit the fan last night he went into coward mode. Just let him get bitten already!!! Last night was epic ,but it really pissed me off that after all this time the people of Alexandria still have yet to be trained to defend themselves.

#271 8 years ago

Wow back to back epic episodes this season.

Quoted from sohchx:

100% this!!!! Once again, when shit hit the fan last night he went into coward mode. Just let him get bitten already!!! Last night was epic ,but it really pissed me off that after all this time the people of Alexandria still have yet to be trained to defend themselves.

They really haven't had the time as the civilians weren't 100% on board with ricks group. They're in denial about how bad the world really is. Last two episodes sure are an eye opener for them and Ricks been trying to show them.

#272 8 years ago

so this season is a slow build towards final battle with "the W's" taking the place of pirate patch from previous season?

#273 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

so this season is a slow build towards final battle with "the W's" taking the place of pirate patch from previous season?

I'm taking it you haven't watched any episodes yet?

#274 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

only one can guess, I mean, I'm still to see a plot take full shape yet.... will Rick and the bunch abandon Alexandria? who are those W's, how much of them there are, where are they, and what does this sign on their foreheads mean?

#275 8 years ago

CAROL!

Carol-Rambo-The-Walking-Dead.jpgCarol-Rambo-The-Walking-Dead.jpg

Probably one of the best episodes to date! Carol is my favorite character by far.

Jedi Bow-staff guy is really starting to annoy me with his pseudo-pacifist antics. It brings an interesting tangent to the show, so I appreciate it, but I wouldn't be too upset if his character dies.

Now for some delicious turtle soup!

#276 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I'm taking it you haven't watched any episodes yet?

Watched both...

#277 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

what does this sign on their foreheads mean

my guess is it's a group led by David Coverdale of Whitesnake fame, hence the W...what else could it be?

#278 8 years ago

I thought it stood for "Wolves" Which is what they must call their group.

#279 8 years ago

We'll see how far they take thing this season. For those that have read the comics we're obviously around the "No Way Out" comic arc. If it's slow it will be a long drawn out fight with the heard of walkers. If they take things quickly we could progress though three story arcs; "No Way Out", "We Find Ourselves", and "A Larger World".

#280 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I must of misinterupted what you meant cause I saw nothing slow in those first two episodes.

#281 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I must of misinterupted what you meant cause I saw nothing slow in those first two episodes.

right. Didn't say those episodes were slow(first one was though...literally, with the slow walkers marching) but this seems like the "A" story that they will take the entire season to resolve..thus the "slow" build. They have a story like this every season, I'm just guessing the "W's" are this seasons eye patch man.

#282 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

right. Didn't say those episodes were slow(first one was though...literally, with the slow walkers marching) but this seems like the "A" story that they will take the entire season to resolve..thus the "slow" build. They have a story like this every season, I'm just guessing the "W's" are this seasons eye patch man.

His name was Philip aka The Governor, and he was the best character this series has seen damnit!

#283 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

best character this series has seen damnit!

I hated him...it was like a satire on a villain. He went on to play a "General" or something on Extant as well.

#284 8 years ago

My prediction is they will resolve both the Wolves (quickly) and zombie hoard before the mid-season break.

#285 8 years ago

CAROL!
Carol-Rambo-The-Walking-Dead.jpg
Carol is my favorite character by far.

My favorite character is Maggie Greene!

#286 8 years ago

She can kill with just her looks!

#287 8 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

My prediction is they will resolve both the Wolves (quickly) and zombie hoard before the mid-season break.

The comic books suggest otherwise.

#288 8 years ago
Quoted from Classic_Stern:

The comic books suggest otherwise.

so does the history of the show...it's great but sometimes 3 or 4 go by and they have not accomplished much. If they start a big story it's almost certain to drag out until final episode.

#289 8 years ago

I can see how Glenn finds the strength to carry on in such a dystopian world.

glenn_walking_dead.pngglenn_walking_dead.png

#290 8 years ago

Walking Dead V2 pst.jpgWalking Dead V2 pst.jpg

#291 8 years ago

I can see how Glenn finds the strength to carry on in such a dystopian world.

glenn_walking_dead.png

Me too.
RIP Glenn.jpgRIP Glenn.jpg

Too bad for Glenn though... if you've seen tonight's episode... you are not going to be happy.

#292 8 years ago

I'm not sure what just happened there.

#293 8 years ago
Quoted from Scotty78:

I'm not sure what just happened there.

The pic is from a scene when Maggie and Glenn went on a search for baby formula and I think Michonne's character gets introduced.

Head writer Scott Gimple released an apology statement to the fans which was read on tonight's episode of the Talking Dead afterward.

So it seems..., yeah. It really happened.

He will be forever immortalized as a small image of him appears on the right side of the LE apron.
There's Glenn on the LE.jpgThere's Glenn on the LE.jpg

#294 8 years ago

The 3 episodes of season 6 are amazing so far it could be the best season evar

#295 8 years ago

To be honest, I've never really liked Glen's character. He's on Carl level with me, just do not care whether he lives or dies. Same goes for every character from Alexandria. For me the big characters will always be

Daryl
Rick
Michonne
Carol

To be honest I don't really even care for Maggie much. She's hot but she ain't THAT hot. Rosita's 5X hotter.

Characters I liked that are either still here or died:

Beth, Hershel, the Governor, Merle Merle Merle, even Tyrese, Lori for her general insane hotness, Shane was great, Sasha's cool, Dale, Abraham and Eugune. Andrea was alright, too.

#296 8 years ago
Quoted from LyonsRonnie1:

Rosita's 5X hotter

Could not agree more, she s smoking hot

#297 8 years ago

Another smoking episode. This season is hitting on all cylinders. Amazing!

#298 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

so does the history of the show...it's great but sometimes 3 or 4 go by and they have not accomplished much. If they start a big story it's almost certain to drag out until final episode.

I don't blame them. I'd stretch it out too, because with storylines like this you've got all kinds of action and things you can draw out to get an entire season out of. I don't read the comics so don't know the arc, but there's plenty of action this season even though if you think about it, the last 3 episodes have only covered 3 or 4 hours of real time... if that!

#299 8 years ago

It kind of looked at first like the other dude fell on top of Glen and it was his guts that were getting eaten. When they panned back you could see no escape even if it wasn't Glen being eaten at first. Looks like a first season character is gone...

#300 8 years ago

You watch, it was Nick being eaten, he'll get saved. Then in the season finale, Glenn will get killed in front of Maggie a week after she tells him she's pregnant.

There are 2,412 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 49.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fear-the-walking-dead-starts-tonight/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.