The Walking Dead , Fear TWD, NO Comic Book Spoilers! Show Discussion......

(Topic ID: 136745)

The Walking Dead , Fear TWD, NO Comic Book Spoilers! Show Discussion......

By OLDPINGUY

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2,079 posts
  • 164 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by miracleman
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 68 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

remote (resized).jpg
Kim-Dickens-as-Joanie-Stubbs-in-Deadwood-Season-2 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
helipad (resized).jpg
simon (resized).jpg
rick (resized).jpg
14421CDA-A039-48FB-B742-1DA4C17F0D1C (resized).jpeg
pie (resized).jpg
The-Walking-Dead-Season-8-Cast-Autograph-Signed (resized).jpg
Coral.gif
DB470D39-9100-460B-91F1-12207AD1D319 (resized).jpeg
gregory (resized).jpg
IMG_2168 (resized).JPG

There are 2083 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 42.
#2051 51 days ago

Given tonight's turn of events, I wonder if we might have a, "Charlie look at the flowers" scenario later this season?

#2052 51 days ago
Quoted from taz:

Double yes! Finally, a bold move that should greatly improve the show.

Triple Yes.

FTWD last episode was very good.

#2053 51 days ago

Awesome episode! If you havent caught it, start last week, and give it a shot....No idea where they will go with this story line, which is something that had been missing from TWD.

#2054 48 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Walking Dead finale: Terrible. This show has really worn out its welcome, has nothing new to say or do. Are we really supposed to get excited about some possible HIlltop vs. Rick storyline? I know the show isn't going anywhere as it's still profitable but it sucks ass now. They should have killed off rick - the show needs something that drastic to renew interest.

Agreed, the finale was beyond terrible. I was pissed that Rick let Negan survive. Not only because it's stupid as far as the story itself, but personally I have found Negan to be one of the most annoying characters ever put on the show.

People find this interesting/funny/amusing?

I much prefer a villain that is more complex and interesting when it comes to his character and what makes him tick (like the Governor).

#2055 48 days ago

To each their own, Negan was the most compelling reason to watch the last two seasons and without him the show wasn’t worth watching in my opinion.

#2056 48 days ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

To each their own, Negan was the most compelling reason to watch the last two seasons and without him the show wasn’t worth watching in my opinion.

Agree.

Plus he makes great quotes for the pinball machine.

“That is a no-no!”

#2057 47 days ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Awesome episode! If you havent caught it, start last week, and give it a shot....No idea where they will go with this story line, which is something that had been missing from TWD.

I was just starting to like that kid...

#2058 42 days ago

Just finished season 8 and i thought the last episode was done well up until the point where they save Neegan.

One thing I’m hoping for the next season is for Maggie to die a horrible death. I can’t stand her pregnannt yet not pregnant looking ass. I’ve hated her for several seasons but it looks as though she will be around for awhile as she looks like she will be the leader of the rebellion against Rick.

#2059 41 days ago

Just watched the 2 most recent FTWDs. Holy hell are they making some compelling TV. This is easily the best Walking Dead story telling I can recall since "look at the flowers".

And the production values of Fear have always been superior to the original. Very cinematic. And unlike some of the TWD episodes directed by Nicotero, who tries to get all art school with it, here the devices they use are far better executed.

#2060 41 days ago
Quoted from davijc02:

One thing I’m hoping for the next season is for Maggie to die a horrible death. I can’t stand her pregnannt yet not pregnant looking ass.

It be cool if the fetus died and ate it's way out.

#2061 41 days ago
Quoted from frolic:

Just watched the 2 most recent FTWDs. Holy hell are they making some compelling TV. This is easily the best Walking Dead story telling I can recall since "look at the flowers".
And the production values of Fear have always been superior to the original. Very cinematic. And unlike some of the TWD episodes directed by Nicotero, who tries to get all art school with it, here the devices they use are far better executed.

Yeah so far this season of FTWD has been great. Loved the old waterpark stuff, so fun.

Part of it is balancing compelling new characters with those you already know, and keeping the cast size down a bit. Love the struggle to survive aspect which TWD alludes to but spends more time on interpersonal politics than anything else. A little worried that we're headed for another season of giant gun battles though after the last episode where they open the cache and are out for revenge...

...I hope it doesn't end well!

2 weeks later
#2062 21 days ago

Not sure if anyone else has heard but Andrew Lincoln is reportedly leaving The Walking Dead after season 9.

www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/andrew-lincoln-reportedly-leaving-the-walking-dead-after-season-9/

#2063 21 days ago

Im excited.....Now we know at least Rick dies at the end of this season or next if they wish.
Someone else has to go, and I hope on the dedicated fan boards they are suggesting the need for a change...
Even if its Negan.....

#2064 21 days ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Even if its Negan.....

Yeah, I think even he would be an improvement at this point, though most likely it's time to elevate fan favorite Daryl.

#2065 21 days ago
Quoted from taz:

Yeah, I think even he would be an improvement at this point, though most likely it's time to elevate fan favorite Daryl.

I miss Merle..

#2066 21 days ago

I hope season 9 elevates the story telling in a big way. Fighting one group of as*holes after another has gotten really old in my opinion. Washington DC is so close so why not take advantage of it and bring back a sense of mystery to the show? Maybe have Rick pick up a radio signal from DC which opens up a story line regarding a potential cure or at least communication with remnants of the US government and the outside world. Have Rick go out investigating what is occurring in DC or deciding to go with a new group he finds in DC to then help others in another part of the US (or even world).

#2067 15 days ago

Anyone still watching Fear? Seems this Sunday is already mid season finale & it's gonna be, wait for it....another massive herd of walkers!! Gee, how original.

#2068 15 days ago

I would like the Zombies from Z nation to come and kick ass on the Zombies from TWD!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2069 15 days ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Anyone still watching Fear? Seems this Sunday is already mid season finale & it's gonna be, wait for it....another massive herd of walkers!! Gee, how original.

I think the entire genre is out of ideas. The reality is if there was some sort of catastrophic apocalypse, the survivors would have long grouped up for survival. And I mean in large groups working together. Not handful of double digit people groups and then fighting amongst themselves. Or, still vulnerable to outside threats like a herd.

A city of 2000 people working together would make short work out of any of these problems.

#2070 15 days ago
Quoted from frolic:

I think the entire genre is out of ideas. The reality is if there was some sort of catastrophic apocalypse, the survivors would have long grouped up for survival. And I mean in large groups working together. Not handful of double digit people groups and then fighting amongst themselves. Or, still vulnerable to outside threats like a herd.
A city of 2000 people working together would make short work out of any of these problems.

Except each 2000 person community would war with one next to them. It's in our nature.

#2071 12 days ago

Well, TWD had gotten SO bad, and some here were saying FTWD had gotten better, so I just jumped in and caught up with this current season of it. I haven't watched FTWD since it's horrible first season, but was able to get up to speed without suffering through the shitshow inbetween.

First off I will say it wasn't absolutely horrible like TWD has become, but the show does not deserve the acting talent of new additions Lennie James, Garret Dillahunt, and Jenna Elfman. James' Morgan was an obvious move to firm up the fan base, but adding Dillahunt as John and Elfman as Laura was fantastic casting (although all 3 of them are likely each getting paid more than any of the regular cast, aside from lead Kim Dickens). Maggie Grace as Damnation-Alley-Tank-Driving Al is less effective, her video documenting annoying and eventually pointless, since half the people she interviewed lied.

The John & Laura episode was almost perfect (and highest rated season ep on IMDB), but suffered from one or two scenes of what has cursed both Walking Dead shows, BAD/DUMB ACTION SCENES!!! Whether it was John & Laura jumping into a creek with zombies (where loose zombie blood could infect any freakin' small scratch they might have had), or the newest episode where we had an almost exact copy of the TWD shootout at the Saviours HQ where both sides are shooting at each other from 10 Ft away (and can't seem to hit each other). The fact that NO ONE at AMC looks at these shows and says 'Ya Know, those action scenes suck", and forks over the budget for a cinematic military advisor is dumbfounding. Heck, Dale Dye is 73 and still working, he's only done everything from PLATOON to TROPIC THUNDER, hire him! Over the later episodes you could just see logic get dumber and dumber to the level of TWD's action scenes.

The biggest thing I've seen FTWD try to do this season is 'create drama' by jumping around from past to present, showing what's happening out of sequence, and saving what really technically happened at the beginning of the season for the forthcoming mid-season finale. Aside from personally HATING this overused, rarely well done kind of storytelling, it makes the talky scenes SOOOOO slow to watch that I'm fast forwarding through them trying to get to what the F actually happened!. It's a gimmick to make up for bad writing, like the fake-shakey-hand-held-camera crap shows also use to create drama that isn't there.

I'll see how it goes after this weeks episode, but will probably let it pile up again and watch the second half of the season all at once so I can fast forward through the bad stuff.

#2072 8 days ago

The mid-season finale had a few good bits between Al and Madison, but overall the episode was terrible. Lots of stupid logic, and lots of the eye-gouging slow motion that made the last season of TWD so bad. Plus an unresolved cliffhanger not quite as bad as Glenn and the dumpster, but as in that situation, no body = no death...

#2073 8 days ago
Quoted from miracleman:

no body = no death

she ded.

#2074 8 days ago

Yes she is....

#2075 8 days ago

Yep as dead as the show is to me without her.

#2076 8 days ago

It's a loss to lose her. They're obviously hitting a huge "reset" on the show, with almost all the original cast gone now. People were sort of asking for that from the beginning, so, here we are.

The preview for next week made it look like they were inspired by Sharknado. Zombienado.

#2077 8 days ago

Well this season has been ups and downs in turns of quality. This week's show was pretty brutally directed IMHO. All the cheesy slow motion couldn't save the crappy writing. It was so bad it was funny.

The camera lady is already a farce. Oh god, let's bring out the camera again...

Anyway, they went for something and missed. It happens. I look forward to the cowboy recovering and he and the blonde lady living happily ever after.

#2078 8 days ago

Hey, I'm just going by the show's 'logic'. If the Tank-Car's driver door can be ripped off for 10 minutes with NONE of the 3000 zombies walking up to it until Al's head is hung out of it, and then NONE of those 3000 zombies can rip off her flesh or bite her, then Madison can still be alive. Both WD shows get new show runners every season, if FEAR wants to they can bring her back in a year or two (if not cancelled by then).

"No one's gone until they're gone."
-Kim Dickens (while on the way out the door to film the DEADWOOD movie)

Kim-Dickens-as-Joanie-Stubbs-in-Deadwood-Season-2 (resized).jpg
#2079 6 days ago
Quoted from miracleman:

Hey, I'm just going by the show's 'logic'. If the Tank-Car's driver door can be ripped off for 10 minutes with NONE of the 3000 zombies walking up to it until Al's head is hung out of it, and then NONE of those 3000 zombies can rip off her flesh or bite her, then Madison can still be alive. Both WD shows get new show runners every season, if FEAR wants to they can bring her back in a year or two (if not cancelled by then).
"No one's gone until they're gone."
-Kim Dickens (while on the way out the door to film the DEADWOOD movie)

She ain't coming back, unless as a zombie counts....

#2080 3 days ago

Now they just need to kill Alicia.

#2081 3 days ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Wish I could up vote this more than once.

#2082 3 days ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Easy. (:

remote (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 38.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 18.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 229.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade
$ 18.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 125.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 44.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 24.95
Playfield - Decals
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
There are 2083 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 42.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside