(Topic ID: 136745)

The Walking Dead , Fear TWD, NO Comic Book Spoilers! Show Discussion......

By OLDPINGUY

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,412 posts
  • 173 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by miracleman
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

corey-hawkins-as-heath-the-walking-dead (resized).jpg
wall falls 2 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
giphy.gif
TVSHOWS (resized).png
CD0ACFA4-F349-43D7-9B87-291D2CCCBF10 (resized).jpeg
DTS19NHX0AAC6Ii (resized).png
vlcsnap-2018-10-08-00h10m09s275 (resized).png
IMG_3933 (resized).jpeg
54E1E698-185E-46FC-ABF4-97939B92A8E7 (resized).jpeg
the-walking-dead-s9-poster (resized).jpg
901782DC-EAD0-4BB1-A655-281B315D1F98 (resized).jpeg
remote (resized).jpg
Kim-Dickens-as-Joanie-Stubbs-in-Deadwood-Season-2 (resized).jpg
There are 2,412 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 49.
#1751 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I was pondering when the show went bad. I'd say it was good through to when Alexandria was discovered. Went south with Rick's hair brained scheme to march the pit of walkers down the road. From then on, character after character made stupid choices, or they did dumb stuff like fake Glenn death.
The big pit of walkers could have been dealt with easily - just set up snipers to take out the ones most likely to break out, even if its hundreds I'm sure they had enough ammo, and reinforce that pit to keep doing what it was doing, which was keeping Alexandria safe.

I think you nailed it. Jumped that shark right then and there. Stopped being an interesting thought experiment on actually surviving and became a vehicle for senselenss plot twists, etc.

#1752 6 years ago

I heard Scott Gimple was promoted and there will be a new showrunner taking his place. Hopefully, this turns out to be the change that the show desperately needs.

#1753 6 years ago

Don’t believe ‘Lost’ was quite the train wreck as TWD has become.

#1754 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Don’t believe ‘Lost’ was quite the train wreck as TWD has become.

Lost did get pretty bad. It is a mix of TWD and Oak Island. They hit a point where you have hope they are setting up for something good, but no one pulls it out of the nose dive.

*** Lost Spoilers ****

The time jumping / return to society in pieces was bad. The Good and Bad deity guys was painful. The let's just bury this shit-show in the church final episode was criminal.

The only way for TWD to get that bad would be for Negan to make a cure and Rick ends up painting naked in a junkyard. So we are close, but not that bad yet.

#1755 6 years ago

Except Lost did end so it was at least over. TWD is already 20 something episodes longer than Lost so if it goes along this way may be seeing the ratio of bad seasons outweighing the good ones.

#1756 6 years ago

I'm one of those people that loved Lost from beginning to end, even the finale.

#1757 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I thought Fringe was even better than Lost. Anyone here watch Fringe?

#1758 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I thought Fringe was even better than Lost. Anyone here watch Fringe?

Watched the whole thing. Loved it!

#1759 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Anyone here watch Fringe?

Check my avatar...

#1760 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I loved it. I loved the Darmaville season as well.

#1761 6 years ago

I’m a big fan of Lost. It *could* have been better but was good to the end, just not great like it had started out to be.

#1762 6 years ago

2 weeks to go....wife asked me wasn't Walking Dead on tonight?

Found myself longing for those better days.
The marathon is already playing.

IMG_2168 (resized).JPGIMG_2168 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#1763 6 years ago

Returns this Sunday!!

#1764 6 years ago

Look at the pretty flowers Coral.

#1765 6 years ago

Coral leaving the show can only be a good thing. I’m watching just for that. I agree though, the show is a shell of its former self. It’s not all about the big death as the writers seem to think. They need to quickly finish out this poorly written Negan war and find some season 1 or 3 magic again. Maybe go into DC and find some new Walkers with a twist. Maybe some zombie animals or such. Zombies are almost an after thought now, as humans are doing most of the killing. Oh yeah, quickly kill off Ezekiel, Jesus, and that Hilltop idiot and move on.

#1766 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Oh yeah, quickly kill off Ezekiel, Jesus, and that Hilltop idiot and move on.

I need a drink!

gregory (resized).jpggregory (resized).jpg

#1767 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

They need to quickly finish out this poorly written Negan war and find some season 1 or 3 magic again. Maybe go into DC and find some new Walkers with a twist.

They handle soft skulled zombies so easily now--hardly a care--why don't they travel? Maybe search out something more than an Atlanta suburb or whatever? Head North where maybe the zombies would freeze off in the first couple winters. Head to a coast and try for a ship. Something exciting--new. Having a turf war with a decapitating torturer/maniac for rights to a shitty tick filled forest area hardly seems worth the trouble. Every vehicle they have is in top, start on first crank shape. They have fuel all the time. Hell, one of them could probably get a 747 going and fly it the way they write the show. Spread your wings TWD!!! Fly!!!!

#1768 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

... Hell, one of them could probably get a 747 going and fly it the way they write the show. Spread your wings TWD!!! Fly!!!!

That reminds me, tonight will probably be glimpse the helicopter again time.

#1769 6 years ago

Well the shitshow is about to start

#1770 6 years ago

It's a music video so far...

#1771 6 years ago

This episode sucks so far. Could Carl possibly die more slowly?

#1772 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

This episode sucks so far. Could Carl possibly die more slowly?

Thank God for an advertisement! The advertisement for Hurricane Heist looks more exciting than TWD.

#1773 6 years ago

LOL! I liked the irritable Snickers commercial.

#1774 6 years ago

Coral is still dying.

#1775 6 years ago

When? The medical resident gave him some ibuprofen.

#1776 6 years ago

Am I’m the only one who wants a funeral pyre to burn Coral, Rick, and Michonne st the same time? I think I’m just about done with this crap show.

#1777 6 years ago

It took the whole show for him to die?

#1778 6 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

It took the whole show for him to die?

It ain't over till Rick sings..

#1779 6 years ago

I guess I’ll be the voice of dissent. Good episode.

#1780 6 years ago

I honestly thought they were going to have him get better at the end. I kept quoting Monty Python. "I'd like to go for a walk now!"

#1781 6 years ago

I didn't mind that episode either. Carols death is a major event in the series. It deserves a show. I also liked how they wrapped up the "vision" sequences. Tossing in Negan at the end was a fun surprise. This episode seems like it's going to shape Rick' s actions for the rest of the season.

Some of you just need to stop watching.

#1782 6 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

I honestly thought they were going to have him get better at the end. I kept quoting Monty Python. "I'd like to go for a walk now!"

Funny, I kept thinking of this.....

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1783 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Coral is still dying.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-environment-corals/coral-reefs-at-risk-of-dissolving-as-oceans-get-more-acidic-study-idUSKCN1G62LS

It's the acidification.

Good episode. Gotta give Coral his due. Besides, just as he died, another psycho youth is spawned. Morgan Jr.

My only gripe is they didn't show Judith strapped to Daryl's gas tank going 90 on a dirt road...he's nanny of the year.

#1784 6 years ago

I know everybody's different and I don't take anything away from the people that are still enjoying the show, but after tonight I just sit there thinking "why am I still watching this". I don't think I've enjoyed an episode in nearly two years. I keep waiting for it to get really interesting again but it's just hard to care about any of the characters, to me it all started off kind of edgy where they were trying to outsmart the walkers and survive, now it's all basically about politics and drama that really can't exist in that post-apocalpytic world. They want you to care that annoying character X got offed but ignore that another 400 people or zombies got shot to death with machines guns earlier in the episode.

I don't blame them for making the Carl episode a big deal, but I just don't see how people are still enjoying this. Guess i'm going to finally stop recording it, kind of sucks to see a show that was so great end up so boring.

#1785 6 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

....Some of you just need to stop watching...

I think you are spot on.
Rick and Neegan can raise Judith on their own.

#1786 6 years ago

Were the commercials more frequent this episode than normal? Thank goodness for fast forward on DVR.
The show is dragging on but at least this episode a couple of recognizable characters died and the settings will be different now that Alexandria has burned.

#1787 6 years ago

I was a huge fan of TWD. But my discontent started ages ago. They started basing the story on twists that were out of character for the characters. They based situations on impractical happenings. Granted, the show did this early... remember the grocery store with the helicopter crashed on the roof and it started raining walkers? I’m not sure if it was that scene, or the one with Daryl was in a car on their way to get some drugs and ran into a herd of walkers, and backed up over a bunch of them and the car got stuck a couple of feet in the air on walker bodies. But the show was still worth it. However then the writing went so far downhill. I’ve been hanging on by a thread the last few seasons paying less and less attention. And then last night. For too long I’ve felt all they are doing is drawing out the story. I stopped caring about any of the characters, and last night I wouldn’t have even known it was coming back if it wasn’t for the season pass on my TiVo changing the channel. After seeing it, I’ll just delete the season pass. From one of the best shows on tv, to this crap.

#1788 6 years ago

Another episode in darkness. The only time I could really see what was going on was when they flash-forwarded to Rick with his David Letterman beard.

#1789 6 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

Another episode in darkness.

That's weird. I had no issues with this. I've got a brand new TV. Maybe it's a 4k quality type thing? You could always crank up your contrast.

#1790 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

That's weird. I had no issues with this. I've got a brand new TV. Maybe it's a 4k quality type thing? You could always crank up your contrast.

I was watching on an old 15" in my gameroom so there is a good chance it was my TV. The Mrs. was watching the closing ceremonies on the good TV.

#1791 6 years ago

The picture quality was fine in HD. The show is meant to be watched in HD just like everything else these days.

#1792 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

The show is meant to be watched in HD just like everything else these days

Even OTA is HD these days...and 4k OTA is coming soon. My HD antenna broadcast is the "version" that looks best usually.

#1793 6 years ago

Horrible episode.

I made the mistake of watching the mid season finale as well as the premiere.

I really hate when AMC has the watermark and countdown time on the screen, even during the premiere it still had AMC logo on screen.

That’s really not cool although you can’t ruin a show that’s already ruined.

Might of dozed off during Coral’s death a bit but why was Negan in place of old man Rick? Was it just an imagination sequence?

#1794 6 years ago

He wasn't in place of him, they were living in the same community in harmony.

#1795 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Might of dozed off during Coral’s death a bit but why was Negan in place of old man Rick? Was it just an imagination sequence?

Yes, as noted above that was the continuation of Carl's vision.

#1796 6 years ago

My wife who is generally consumed by television as her #1 hobby said out loud during the episode just die already. I keep thinking the show has to get better but I am generally disinterested of late unless Negan is on screen. I think I'm rooting for the Saviours at this point.

#1797 6 years ago

Do you think Ricks grief will make him go Nuclear in the next few episodes....??

#1798 6 years ago

I wish early on they would have kept Shane and killed off Rick instead. I think Shane would have done a better job of keeping everyone safe and dealing with Negan. Who knows what "nuclear" is to Rick. He might start gardening again like at the prison or melt down like he did after Negan killed Glenn. To save the show I propose they kill off Rick and let Daryl take over.

#1799 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

I wish early on they would have kept Shane and killed off Rick instead. I think Shane would have done a better job of keeping everyone safe and dealing with Negan. Who knows what "nuclear" is to Rick. He might start gardening again like at the prison or melt down like he did after Negan killed Glenn. To save the show I propose they kill off Rick and let Daryl take over.

The problem isn't characters, like Rick or Shane, it's the writing of those characters.

I suspect a Shane led TWD would be in as big a mess at this stage.

The show is also extremely nihilistic. There is no "good" future for anyone or any character. There is no end game. There is nothing except dog eat dog. That formula isn't holding up.

#1800 6 years ago

If you hate show after show after show after show, why watch? I would bail out. Life is too short and there's plenty of great things to do in life...whether that be TV shows or other things. Seriously, the way some of you guys talk you must be masochists. OR, take a break and then binge the show in a couple years and it won't be so painful. I hated this show in the Rick's wife soap opera phase so I took a break for a couple seasons, then burned through all those after I heard it took a turn in another direction.

There are 2,412 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 49.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fear-the-walking-dead-starts-tonight/page/36 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.