(Topic ID: 136745)

The Walking Dead , Fear TWD, NO Comic Book Spoilers! Show Discussion......

By OLDPINGUY

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,412 posts
  • 173 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by miracleman
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

corey-hawkins-as-heath-the-walking-dead (resized).jpg
wall falls 2 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
giphy.gif
TVSHOWS (resized).png
CD0ACFA4-F349-43D7-9B87-291D2CCCBF10 (resized).jpeg
DTS19NHX0AAC6Ii (resized).png
vlcsnap-2018-10-08-00h10m09s275 (resized).png
IMG_3933 (resized).jpeg
54E1E698-185E-46FC-ABF4-97939B92A8E7 (resized).jpeg
the-walking-dead-s9-poster (resized).jpg
901782DC-EAD0-4BB1-A655-281B315D1F98 (resized).jpeg
remote (resized).jpg
Kim-Dickens-as-Joanie-Stubbs-in-Deadwood-Season-2 (resized).jpg
There are 2,412 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 49.
#1701 6 years ago

I guess the show went downhill after Shane died, Rick is such a weak leader aside from biting that dudes throat he’s been a doormat with others like Daryl and Carol being the real bad ass characters.

The loss of Abraham to get instead a character like Jesus is another poor swap.

#1702 6 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

How would it line up with the first episode flash forward

This. Any thoughts?

#1703 6 years ago

What if Coral's bite is just an emo tattoo he gave himself in order to get attention from his dad who is always too busy at work?

#1704 6 years ago

Coral will hide it, get captured by Negan, and turn at the right time to bite Negan...maybe

#1705 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Coral will hide it, get captured by Negan, and turn at the right time to bite Negan...maybe

That’s a good idea.

#1706 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Coral will hide it, get captured by Negan, and turn at the right time to bite Negan.

And she'll die. She'd stand a better chance biting Chuck Norris.

LTG : )

#1707 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

They already did this routine with Sasha, Coral is probably gonna survive in some BS stunt.

#1708 6 years ago

They may have just run out of ideas...Coral just turning and getting mercy killed, just seems too weak

Either he survives, or takes someone important out..

I'm happier with Z nation...

#1709 6 years ago

The sad truth is this show will continue along until the ratings tank. It would be nice to see them wrap it up soon and go out before that happens.

I was just thinking that The Simpsons, a show that has been on for 29 years now, still has better writing than TWD does.

#1710 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

They may have just run out of ideas...Coral just turning and getting mercy killed, just seems too weak
Either he survives, or takes someone important out..
I'm happier with Z nation...

Hard to run out of ideas when you haven't run out of source material. I think they were just looking for another shocker for another finale. Maybe if we didn't have to have this mid-season bs it wouldn't be so bad.

#1711 6 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Maybe if we didn't have to have this mid-season bs it wouldn't be so bad.

TWD is definitely a show hurt by having 2 mini seasons. Everything is built on building to the finale, twice.

#1712 6 years ago

Plus too many extra characters, it’s like we have Aaron’s boyfriend die and I’m supposed to care?

#1713 6 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

They already did this routine with Sasha, Coral is probably gonna survive in some BS stunt.

Maybe Carol will go ninja on Neegan, pluck his eye out (ala Kill Bill) and Neegan will sport a patch like the Governor.
I'd watch that....

#1714 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

There's no longer an overarching goal to the show and it's become stale because of it. Fighting one group and another, and then another may be fine for the comic but not a TV show that has been running this long. The show needs to find a sense of mystery again. How about getting a radio signal from Washington DC and going into the city since its so close? Now that would be cool. Right now the show seems rather stale.

Having Carl be the immune one may work cuz he and Judith have been growing along with the Walker virus. maybe if the children survive long enough the hormones would adapt.

Gimple has been getting blasted since the Carl bite. Chandler Riggs just bought a house in Georgia and his Dad blasted Gimple on FB. Chandler was supposed to be on the show for another 3 years.

#1715 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Read the article but I don't believe it. Seems like a smoke screen. Just like how Steven Yeun's name was dropped from the opening credits for a few weeks when they pretended he died.
It would be insane for them to try this same trick twice, but we're at such a low level now, I don't put it past them.

Possibly. Doesn’t feel the same though.

Just ran across this article on amc:

http://www.amc.com/shows/the-walking-dead/talk/2017/12/spoilers-the-walking-dead-qa-chandler-riggs-carl?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_content=chandler-riggs-on-carls-vision-for-the-future&utm_campaign=the-walking-dead

Snippet:

Q: What was your first reaction to reading about Carl getting bit in the script? Were you told in advance?

A: I was super surprised. I was not expecting it at all. I don’t think any of the fans were expecting it. I found out during rehearsal for Episode 6, which was back around June. It was really weird for a while… but I’m going on to do lots of other cool and exciting things. I just booked a movie and that’s really exciting stuff. It’s definitely not the end for me. It might be the end for Carl, but not for me.

#1716 6 years ago

They should have at least kept Carl/Coral around long enough so that he's taller than Rick.

#1717 6 years ago

Its sad to see the show tanking. Watch the first episode again, it is still amazing tv. Its the show runners, not the actors. To prove it watch Godless on Netflix. The girl that played the Doc last season is fantastic on this show. They can only do so much with TERRIBLE writing on TWD now.

#1718 6 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

Its sad to see the show tanking. Watch the first episode again, it is still amazing tv. Its the show runners, not the actors. To prove it watch Godless on Netflix. The girl that played the Doc last season is fantastic on this show. They can only do so much with TERRIBLE writing on TWD now.

Its like they have become complacent with their success!

Fresh Zombie writing is needed....Fearing Zombies, empathy for Survival of main characters, is what drove the show.
Now, its seems like a Myopic view of Zombie induced Testosterone leadership.
Maggie, had a position after Glenn, to rise to much more, had they written her character better.
Ezekiel, has become a caricature.
Morgan, has evoked no emotional writing, except when forced.
Garbage people, have nothing, other than 1 weird leader.
Michonne has been underwritten.
Only Negan has some meat, and we only see pieces at times.
His empathy towards Carls Speech began to show, but was yanked away.

Like the Governor.....developing his character and seeing his daughter, gave us empathy.
I would have enjoyed more Negan, in his struggles....

I dont need to see Rick redeveloped every season.

Anyway, letting loose....its still good TV compared to many things on Sunday Night, but
I no longer fear Zombies, and have little character empathy.

#1719 6 years ago

If they could somehow just kill the accent that Maggie uses, the show would be golden in my book.

#1720 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

I’ve been wondering that for awhile now.

I think her pregnancy is being somehow transferred to Rick's kid, who is now like 3 years old?

Yeah I hadn't watched for a while and then cruised back in, and yes the show is pretty terrible. As far as shooting the whole season at night?

Saves money. The show looks cheaper than ever, and that's filtering down from the writing, to the production, to the acting.

Quoted from Skins:

"It’s definitely not the end for me. It might be the end for Carl, but not for me."

Sorry kid, it's the end for you. Your acting career at least, I'm sure you'll make a fine whatever you go to college for.

#1721 6 years ago

Rick, Laurie and Shane all have dark hair. Judith is total blonde. Who else in the original crew was Laurie sleeping with? Dale?

#1722 6 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Rick, Laurie and Shane all have dark hair. Judith is total blonde. Who else in the original crew was Laurie sleeping with? Dale?

Andrea.

#1723 6 years ago

Coral, I mean Vera, what has become of you? Does anyone else ...here....feel..the way I do? - Pinky F.

#1724 6 years ago

So part of the zombie infection includes getting knocked up by the strap-on? I think Rick should be pregnant also.

Quoted from Silverballer:

Coral, I mean Vera, what has become of you? Does anyone else ...here....feel..the way I do? - Pinky F.

Not their best concert. But they did pull the pig float out from Animals and had the stage ring from Dark Side. I'd take a Floyd concert over the past few seasons any time.

#1725 6 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

Absolutely. Much more so this season.

#1726 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

This show is basically just as bad as FTWD at this point.

Sad but true.. The best thing about the TWD, the characters love and respect each other. Sure there were disagreements, but the group stayed together and had a common goal of humanity and survival. They would sacrifice themselve's to save another. When Glenn was killed, it hurt to watch.

Now, the infighting within the group has turned my stomach. I no longer feel any connection, and if a character gets killed, who cares.

The fight between Rick and Daryl - Just stupid.
Endless supply of food, water, and ammunition - The realness is gone.
Carl's mystery bite - This was so bad, it's obvious that behind the scene problems with Chandler Riggs is probably true.

#1727 6 years ago
Quoted from Jumping-Box:

Endless supply of food, water, and ammunition

And gas and diesel. They have a lot of vehicles, and big trucks, running around.

#1728 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

And gas and diesel. They have a lot of vehicles, and big trucks, running around.

The cars and trucks running is just so bad. How long since the apocalypse at this point?

In the old days you could get empty car batteries and the acid in powder form with a shelf life of decades. Pour in the powder and add distilled water. Just check the level twice a year. No maintenance batteries these days go 4 year (6 tops) before your car just won't run anymore. No jump or pop start will keep it running.

#1729 6 years ago

Not sure how it's such a challenge to write since the story is already done in the comic. This season was such lazy writing. Sad but it killed the show.

Those of us that read the comics know what is going to happen and there is no way that Carl is bit. Zombie's don't love biter tear chunks of flesh. How hard is it to write a show that was already written? Seriously??

Also remember eps 1 the flash forward had Carl in it...

This war should have done done in the first half. Dragging it through the whole season made it boring and painful.

#1730 6 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

My wife's theory is that he got bitten by someone dressed as a zombie. He will live.

So...someone dressed as a walker is in a struggle with Carl. Carl's reaction to that is going to be to try to kill the walker, right? Instead of breaking character they go for a non-lethal bite on the stomach? I just don't see how that could happen. Honestly, at this point I'd be more upset if they didn't kill off Carl. I just hope he goes out in some heroic sacrifice.

Quoted from Edster:

Also remember eps 1 the flash forward had Carl in it...

How do we know it was a flash forward? I'm guessing it's a vision or dream sequence.

#1731 6 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

Those of us that read the comics know what is going to happen and there is no way that Carl is bit

And if this is true I am going to ask you be banned from this thread. Sounds like a spoiler to me. I do not know why people insist on brining up the f*cking comic in this thread. Can't read the title? Doing it on purpose?

GO TO THE COMIC THREAD AND LEAVE US ALONE

#1732 6 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

And if this is true I am going to ask you be banned from this thread. Sounds like a spoiler to me. I do not know why people insist on brining up the f*cking comic in this thread. Can't read the title? Doing it on purpose?
GO TO THE COMIC THREAD AND LEAVE US ALONE

As a comic reader (you know I am Taxman ), for your peace of mind, I can assure you that this is not a spoiler. Nothing like this happens in the comic, so this is completely uncharted territory... Anything could happen so it's pure speculation.

I'm reluctant to mention the comic at all out of respect to members of the thread, but I mean well here.

#1733 6 years ago

Saying "we all know what is going to happen" sounds like "Carl is the one who kills Negan" or some other major plot point in the comic version.

I hope it is a deviation from the comic forced by contract issues or something.

#1734 6 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Saying "we all know what is going to happen" sounds like "Carl is the one who kills Negan" or some other major plot point in the comic version.
I hope it is a deviation from the comic forced by contract issues or something.

What he was referring to is nothing like that. Nothing spoilery, don't worry about it.

#1735 6 years ago

A spoiler to me is anything that affects the trajectory of your thought process. A recent movie came out, and a friend of mine said "there's a pretty good twist". I don't know the twist, but now I'm looking for it, and it ruins the experience for me because you know what's unfolding isn't necessarily as it seems.

#1736 6 years ago

Spoilers, for me, can ruin so much.
Take a pin, STTNG, I waited 3 years to find a deal. Then when its delivered, the tech, walks through every mode tripping all hits to the end.
Ruined the game for me, same in a movie or TV show.....I want the surprise of discovery.

#1737 6 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

This season was such lazy writing.

Perhaps.. I guessing it's about money now. Because of the shows success AMC, crew, and the actors could be demanding more cash. They use the same stretch of road for almost every scene, with trees on both side. I've seen no new towns or locations for awhile now.

#1738 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Garbage people, have nothing, other than 1 weird leader.

Garbage People Leader (Pollyanna McIntosh) is cool and likes pinball! She did a cross promotion vid for me for the first Southern Pinball Festival 6 years ago when her film THE WOMAN came out...

#1739 6 years ago
Quoted from miracleman:

Garbage People Leader (Pollyanna McIntosh) is cool and likes pinball! She did a cross promotion vid for me for the first Southern Pinball Festival 6 years ago when her film THE WOMAN came out...

That's super cool. How did the two of you connect?

#1740 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

That's super cool. How did the two of you connect?

After I saw THE WOMAN I said "Wow! This actress did an awesome job in a tough tole, who IS this?" and connected on FB.
Then she sent the plug and I edited it into the trailer. Later she did the first season of HAP & LEONARD on Sundance Channel before TWD.
She was a model for a while before she started acting 10 years ago, and she's directing her first film now.

pollyanna-mcintosh-20111013113401323-000 (resized).jpgpollyanna-mcintosh-20111013113401323-000 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#1741 6 years ago

The last three posts in this thread have been more interesting than this entire season of TWD.

3 weeks later
#1742 6 years ago

Welp, my wife and I finally finished the first 8. Totally agree with all the implausibility complaints. Every season it gets worse.

And I also agree with banning anyone from the thread who suggests they read the comic, know what happens, heard someone be got fired... and indicates that something is or isn’t going to happen. Or even hints of a spoiler. It’s not about you. Go away. And STFU.

I’ve stuck around this long, and I’ll stick around for the rest. But I do hope it improves, and they add something special to the story arc. The endless war is getting tiresome. Although I do loves me some Negan. He is way more likable than Rick at this point. Weird.

It fires back up in February, right?

#1743 6 years ago

2/25/18. Go Neegan go.

#1744 6 years ago

The show has gotten stupid and boring. Its like a soap opera, nothing happens but there is a cliffhanger on every show to make you watch the next one where nothing happens. Its the same old round and round shit and there are more commercials than show. I am done with it.

#1745 6 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

The show has gotten stupid and boring. Its like a soap opera, nothing happens but there is a cliffhanger on every show to make you watch the next one where nothing happens. Its the same old round and round shit and there are more commercials than show. I am done with it.

Kind of reminds me of "Lost." In the beginning, that show was great, but turned into a big turd in the end. Constant cliffhangers that often disappointed.

#1746 6 years ago

Watching /rerunning season 3. It was still such a good show.

#1747 6 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Watching /rerunning season 3. It was still such a good show.

I was pondering when the show went bad. I'd say it was good through to when Alexandria was discovered. Went south with Rick's hair brained scheme to march the pit of walkers down the road. From then on, character after character made stupid choices, or they did dumb stuff like fake Glenn death.

The big pit of walkers could have been dealt with easily - just set up snipers to take out the ones most likely to break out, even if its hundreds I'm sure they had enough ammo, and reinforce that pit to keep doing what it was doing, which was keeping Alexandria safe.

#1748 6 years ago

Why waste ammo, burn them

#1749 6 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Why waste ammo

That's what I said when Rick and crew were wasting hundreds (if not thousands) of rounds shooting out the windows of the Sanctuary. But then I thought hey.. nobody likes getting their windows broken.

#1750 6 years ago

I’m contrasting the Terminus plot line with Negan plot line. Seems like Terminus was over too quickly and Negan war is taking forever.

There are 2,412 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 49.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fear-the-walking-dead-starts-tonight/page/35 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.