(Topic ID: 136745)

The Walking Dead , Fear TWD, NO Comic Book Spoilers! Show Discussion......

By OLDPINGUY

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,412 posts
  • 173 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by miracleman
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

corey-hawkins-as-heath-the-walking-dead (resized).jpg
wall falls 2 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
giphy.gif
TVSHOWS (resized).png
CD0ACFA4-F349-43D7-9B87-291D2CCCBF10 (resized).jpeg
DTS19NHX0AAC6Ii (resized).png
vlcsnap-2018-10-08-00h10m09s275 (resized).png
IMG_3933 (resized).jpeg
54E1E698-185E-46FC-ABF4-97939B92A8E7 (resized).jpeg
the-walking-dead-s9-poster (resized).jpg
901782DC-EAD0-4BB1-A655-281B315D1F98 (resized).jpeg
remote (resized).jpg
Kim-Dickens-as-Joanie-Stubbs-in-Deadwood-Season-2 (resized).jpg
There are 2,412 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 49.
#1401 7 years ago

Where is Heath? I mean no one is even mentioning him.

#1402 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

All True, but I can manage an additional Plot line, along with the Saviors.
It becomes mundane, INO, when we no longer "Fear" any Zombie attacks.
I think the management of the quarry did that....(maybe its full again, and they can send them
as the front line to Negan?)
But I wish to feel that way again, and I can only think of plot lines, that mutate zombies, so they
can start taking out new characters introduced.
We lost 3 main characters this year, and havent really replaced them.
I really did think it was the end of Coral...

Apologies in advance if this is considered a vague comic spoiler, I only share to alleviate concerns, but please mark for moderation if it is out of line. If the show follows the comic, don't worry about it becoming a derivitave... fight against the big baddie on rinse and repeat. The show should go in unexpected ways, and zombies shouldn't fade into background noise. The source material has some good narrative.

I think they are taking a slow burn approach, similar to breaking bad, where they are laying the groundwork for plot points to pay off later.

#1403 7 years ago

What roll do you guys thing Dwight will have in the upcoming war?

#1404 7 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

What roll do you guys thing Dwight will have in the upcoming war?

I think he will get killed doing something to save Daryl or someone to try and apologize.

#1405 7 years ago

As despised as he is with many TWD watchers, Carl does deserve some credit for getting the shooting started when Sasha stuns the Saviors as a zombie.

#1406 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

As despised as he is with many TWD watchers, Carl does deserve some credit for getting the shooting started when Sasha stuns the Saviors as a zombie.

Good point. He spun around and capped at least 3 trash people getting everyone into the fray.

Here is the thing about the tiger. It has never been aggressive. The king did the proverbial thorn from the foot so it likes him. That does not mean it attacks on command. But I have to admit it is an effective tool. Scare the crap out of everyone around.

#1407 7 years ago

I will continue to watch but it has....

IMG_1854 (resized).JPGIMG_1854 (resized).JPG

A show with a great premise and stellar pedigree mired in subpar story writing and too frequently poor acting.

King Ezekiel wins the piss poor acting award this week. "Today, We finish this!" Then proceedes to half heartedly trot down the street handgun in one hand and sword in the other. As my 13yo asked, "is it me or was that super cringy?"

#1408 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Good point. He spun around and capped at least 3 trash people getting everyone into the fray.
Here is the thing about the tiger. It has never been aggressive. The king did the proverbial thorn from the foot so it likes him. That does not mean it attacks on command. But I have to admit it is an effective tool. Scare the crap out of everyone around.

Of course the tiger knows who is good and who is bad too. Would have made more sense if they showed someone directing the tiger who to attack.

#1409 7 years ago

I must say I am pretty happy with Sasha gone. Wanted her gone a long time ago. Who will miss that "conflicted" face she always makes?

Sasha_4x13 (resized).pngSasha_4x13 (resized).png

#1410 7 years ago

She has the lead in the new Star Trek......

#1411 7 years ago

A friend of mine asked if the TWD finale was any good. I told him about 10 minutes of it was. I love this show but this was the most disappointing season ever. The only real surprise for me in the whole finale was Sasha coming out of the casket as a walker. The rest of it was so predictable. I'll be back for next season, but only hoping it gets better than this.

#1412 7 years ago

Really glad the trash people turned on them. Hated the "Mad Max beyond thunderdome" one word dialog. Doesn't fit the shows timeline. These people were alive before the zombie transform. You don't just forget how to talk in a few years.

#1413 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

She has the lead in the new Star Trek......

Nice...on my watch list. Looking forward to a fresh Start Trek series. Also going to try to catch American Gods, that book was great.

#1414 7 years ago

Uggghhhh... Can't believe they're going to drag this shit out another season.

#1415 7 years ago

facebook_14913563887531 (resized).jpgfacebook_14913563887531 (resized).jpg

#1416 7 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Uggghhhh... Can't believe they're going to drag this shit out another season.

At least!!

#1417 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I think there will be a twist at the end and he'll be around at least another season.
I suspect the garbage people will reveal they are with Negan.
LTG : )

You called it several weeks prior!

#1418 7 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Fingers crossed Sasha dies but we know she won't.

Quoted from zr11990:

I can't mother ducking believe they did this. It's a giant fuck you to everyone who stuck with this shitfest all year to watch Neegan get his throat cut. The garbage pail kids turning on Ricks people was a surprise but I can't believe they ended the damn show without putting an end to Neegan. I watched this boring ass show every episode waiting for them to finally take him out and they give me the big middle finger. I'm done.

Seriously? There was almost zero chance that Negan was going to be killed in the season finale. There was not enough buildup for that to happen, and I always assumed that they would take a similar story arc that they used with The Governor, who also lasted a full season and half.

Negan will be dead by the middle of next season.

I was *hoping* he would be dead by the end of this season because I just can't stand his character. It's really bad. Annoying. And just not believable. The way he talks is beyond stupid. The Governor was 10 times better. We don't know shit about Negan and his background, or what made him the way he is. Complete opposite of The Governor, who was a much more complex and interesting character.

This whole season was a big letdown. Every episode will filler/setup. I *did* like how they dealt with Sasha's death in the finale....but good grief, when Ezekiel showed up with the Tiger and was yelling some nonsense was about the corniest thing I've seen yet. It was laughable.

I thought last season was really good. This year? It went downhill after the first episode, and it went downhill fast, and never really recovered.

#1419 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Nope. He'll be around for a few more seasons. Bank on that.

#1420 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

few more seasons. Bank on that.

no way, they can't sustain his overly clever dialogue for that long. He's gone next season.

#1421 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

A friend of mine asked if the TWD finale was any good. I told him about 10 minutes of it was. I love this show but this was the most disappointing season ever. The only real surprise for me in the whole finale was Sasha coming out of the casket as a walker. The rest of it was so predictable. I'll be back for next season, but only hoping it gets better than this.

The writing this season was a bit predictable but there is a flow to every show & while this season may have been disappointing for you, this season sets up next to be awesome.

Quoted from RobT:

I thought last season was really good. This year? It went downhill after the first episode, and it went downhill fast, and never really recovered.

I'll admit that the character writing for Rick this season was fairly weak but this season was just as good as last season. Visiting other communities = interesting. Tara's visit to seaside = interesting. Trash people with their thorny walk = interesting. Betrayal = interesting. Tiger attacks = tiger, tiger, tiger. This season wasn't bad at all but it's highest point was the first episode.

Quoted from RobT:

I was *hoping* he would be dead by the end of this season because I just can't stand his character. It's really bad. Annoying. And just not believable. The way he talks is beyond stupid. The Governor was 10 times better. We don't know shit about Negan and his background, or what made him the way he is. Complete opposite of The Governor, who was a much more complex and interesting character.

Are you serious? The way Negan talks is so freaking awesome. It's definitely the best part of his character second only to the way he leans when talking. The Governor was 10 times better but the Governor episode also feature annoying Andrea & she was the worst. We didn't learn anything about the Governor's past until like the last 2 episodes of the prison saga. Negan lives by a set of rules and if you do too then there is harmony. The Governor just wanted power & killed people for supplies. Negan is shall I say in his own words a Badass.

#1422 7 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

The way Negan talks is so freaking awesome.

we'll agree to disagree on that

#1423 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I was *hoping* he would be dead by the end of this season because I just can't stand his character. It's really bad. Annoying. And just not believable. The way he talks is beyond stupid

Agree with everything you stated, but he is the villain, & the show needs a villain. We all want to see him die but then what? Who takes his place? Unfortunately I think he will be around for awhile.

#1424 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Seriously? There was almost zero chance that Negan was going to be killed in the season finale. There was not enough buildup for that to happen, and I always assumed that they would take a similar story arc that they used with The Governor, who also lasted a full season and half.
This whole season was a big letdown. Every episode will filler/setup. I *did* like how they dealt with Sasha's death in the finale....but good grief, when Ezekiel showed up with the Tiger and was yelling some nonsense was about the corniest thing I've seen yet. It was laughable.

That's cheating Rob. I meant the blind ending when she rushed into the building to end the episode. I will say I didn't expect her to die at all this season so you're half right. Thank god I was wrong.

Negan doesn't bother me. He's over the top bad guy but at least the acting is solid. The range from serious to manic to playful is well acted. Over the top, unbelievable character yes. Ezekiel and the hill top mayor remain my can't stand characters. Abysmal acting no matter how you look at it.

#1425 7 years ago

I agree that this season was a total disappointment. The story lines are moving too slowly. Each scene is taking too long, starting with the set-up shot of the grass, the trees, the fence, and then the characters, then their faces, then finally a bit of dialog - which itself has been so unsatisfying. Multiply that sequence by about 13-14 and you have a typical episode this year. Somewhere in the sequence you'll have something actually happen that moves one of the chess pieces somewhere from where they were sitting.

On the other hand, this season of TWD has made me really appreciate the BEST show on TV... GOT. Compare the writing and shot sequence in that show. It's fast paced, fast dialog, intelligent writing. I find myself trying to keep up with what the characters are doing or saying and wondering what is really going on outside of the scene and dialog! They nail the pace on each and every episode. Chess pieces are always being moved (or at least being contemplated about where to be moved).

Not a huge fan of either of the pins (played both numerous times).

#1426 7 years ago

The most disappointing thing to me is that Tara somehow made it through to another season.

#1427 7 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

The most disappointing thing to me is that Tara somehow made it through to another season

they should shake it up and have them lose to Negan...everyone slaughtered. Start fresh in Canada focusing on a new group.

#1428 7 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

Are you serious? The way Negan talks is so freaking awesome. It's definitely the best part of his character second only to the way he leans when talking.

lol

#1429 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Nope. He'll be around for a few more seasons. Bank on that.

That would be suicide for the show.

#1430 7 years ago

The thing I don't like about the show is I think the story is being impeded by the way the actors are paid by the budget. I understand they are paid for episodes they appear in, so a cost effective way to manage the ensemble cast is to focus just on a few characters per episode, which slows things down.

If I'm watching an episode with Darryl, Morgan, Ezekiel and Carrol in the beginning, I pretty much know unless it is an end of season episode, I'm not getting any story progression with Rick that episode.

#1431 7 years ago

Was anyone else put off by the obvious plot device that having Sasha hide in a casket was? I mean, what was the point of that ridiculous elaborate setup anyway, other than to give her a private place to take the poison pill and die in a slow, dramatic fashion to fill half the episode? L-A-M-E.

I agree with most of your comments and generally feel the show has become too spread out across the characters, in too many different locations, with not enough happening in any one episode most of the time to provide a satisfying watch. I'm also sick of Negan's character already, hope he isn't featured much next season.

My favorite episode this season was when Rick and Michonne were raiding the military amusement park. That was fun to watch and briefly rekindled the old vibe that the show originally had.

#1432 7 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Was anyone else put off by the obvious plot device that having Sasha hide in a casket was? I mean, what was the point of that ridiculous elaborate setup anyway, other than to give her a private place to take the poison pill and die in a slow, dramatic fashion to fill half the episode? L-A-M-E.

I thought it was the best part of the entire episode.

Quoted from Fytr:

I agree with most of your comments and generally feel the show has become too spread out across the characters, in too many different locations, with not enough happening in any one episode most of the time to provide a satisfying watch. I'm also sick of Negan's character already, hope he isn't featured much next season.

Agreed. I was sick of Negan after 3 episodes.

Quoted from Fytr:

My favorite episode this season was when Rick and Michonne were raiding the military amusement park. That was fun to watch and briefly rekindled the old vibe that the show originally had.

I couldn't agree more with this! That episode did give more of a feel of the first season or two.

#1433 7 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Was anyone else put off by the obvious plot device that having Sasha hide in a casket was? I mean, what was the point of that ridiculous elaborate setup anyway, other than to give her a private place to take the poison pill and die in a slow, dramatic fashion to fill half the episode?

Yeah, But it did start that shitstorm at the end of the episode.

#1434 7 years ago

I am Team Negan. I was Team Negan before I even knew there was a Team Negan. LOL.

But honestly, I love the character. This season wasn't the most fun to watch but it passed the time.

#1435 7 years ago

I just want to see them doing something other than searching for shit to give Negan. The show is getting stale.

#1436 7 years ago

I thought the Sasha stuff was good, but I could've done with a lot less of the flashback portion. That seemed like a major time waster.

#1437 7 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I just want to see them doing something other than searching for shit to give Negan. The show is getting stale.

I am sure the serving Negan aspect is very far from their minds after chasing Negan away from Alexandria. Now they will prepare for a war if they want to survive. I suspect they will need to recruit the women from the ocean to have reinforcements.

#1438 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

prepare for a war if they want to survive. I suspect they will need to recruit the women from the ocean to have reinforcements.

Why wouldn't Negan immediately load up the trucks and go wipe them out? That doesn't make sense, even for TWD.

#1439 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Why wouldn't Negan immediately load up the trucks and go wipe them out? That doesn't make sense, even for TWD.

Yeah, they looked way too casual after that little fight especially knowing that the garbage people are not on their side so their numbers are much smaller than originally planned.

#1440 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Um because Rick's team has a F8cking tiger???? Just kidding. They still might roll up to Alexandria. The story timeline is a bit skewed as there is no real sense of time. The show could come back 1 month, 1 week, 1 hour from that scene.

No matter what you'll always be able to nitpick the show. It's a man drama like wrestling set in a zombie apocalypse.

#1441 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Negan's crew probably didn't even eat lunch before this encounter, as they knew they had the Garbage Pail Kids on their side, and I'm sure Negan and company figured this would be over quickly then they'd be back at the compound in time for a decent meal. Unfortunately for Negan, things didn't go as smoothly as planned, so I'm sure he and the Saviors were like "We can't battle on empty stomachs", so they're heading back to the compound to eat and plan. That makes sense anyways. Nobody likes to fight when your stomachs are all growly and stuff.

Of bigger concern is the C.G. tiger. Negan was obviously surprised by that C.G. tiger showing up, and the thing even killed a couple of Saviors, which must be a big concern to Negan. I mean, how do you kill a C.G. tiger? Do you use a C.G. gun? I'm sure that this stuff will be discussed in depth when they get back to the compound.

#1442 7 years ago

Time to wrap up this plot line, add new characters, lose a bunch, and move the show away from Enclaves, Alexandria, and the battle with Negan.

Reboot, and regrow.......IMO......

2 weeks later
#1443 7 years ago

Neegan flipping the extended bird out the truck window while leaving Alexandria was pretty funny.

1 month later
#1444 6 years ago

Time to bring this thread back from the dead. Tonight FTWD is back. I realize I did not watch the last two episodes from last season. Wish I did, I went all these months without knowing they killed off Chris. That alone gets me to give it a little chance.

I am only going to be able to watch the first half, but I'll catch up next week.

#1445 6 years ago

Really good tonight!

#1446 6 years ago

I'm looking forward to getting back into it tonight.
Definitely not the best thing on tv but I'm enjoying it a little bit so far.

#1447 6 years ago

I have zero confidence in FTWD writers. They consistently make poor decisions regarding characters.

I did not like the story decisions.

The episodes overall were good. But after watching Talking Dead, My confidence in the writers is not strong.

Marcus

#1448 6 years ago

"Sorry about the eyeball..."

"No problem, sorry about the whole rapey vibes and plot to kill your husband thing!"

#1449 6 years ago

Not a bad episode, glad to see Travis go!!

#1450 6 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Not a bad episode, glad to see Travis go!!

I didn't think it was a bad episode at all. Hopefully, they move everything back to the US....I'm so tired of reading all the subtitles....lol

Spoon to the eyeball...made my eye twitch a bit....

There are 2,412 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 49.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fear-the-walking-dead-starts-tonight/page/29 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.