(Topic ID: 136745)

The Walking Dead , Fear TWD, NO Comic Book Spoilers! Show Discussion......

By OLDPINGUY

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,412 posts
  • 173 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by miracleman
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

corey-hawkins-as-heath-the-walking-dead (resized).jpg
wall falls 2 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
giphy.gif
TVSHOWS (resized).png
CD0ACFA4-F349-43D7-9B87-291D2CCCBF10 (resized).jpeg
DTS19NHX0AAC6Ii (resized).png
vlcsnap-2018-10-08-00h10m09s275 (resized).png
IMG_3933 (resized).jpeg
54E1E698-185E-46FC-ABF4-97939B92A8E7 (resized).jpeg
the-walking-dead-s9-poster (resized).jpg
901782DC-EAD0-4BB1-A655-281B315D1F98 (resized).jpeg
remote (resized).jpg
Kim-Dickens-as-Joanie-Stubbs-in-Deadwood-Season-2 (resized).jpg
There are 2,412 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 49.
#1351 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

My guess is Eugene has some secret, overly complicated plot to take down everyone.

I think that could be correct. He's been built up as such a wimp that it just feels like he is in need of redemption. While typing my previous comment I started to get into the discussion that it could have been more meaningful had it been someone other then Eugene. Like I said...it's a very logical choice to side with the seemingly more powerful group that is ruling through fear.

#1352 7 years ago

I enjoyed last night's episode. The Maggie/Hilltop arc seems to be coming to a head, I liked the Maggie/Daryl scene, and the final scene with Sasha was pretty cool. I'm sure we'll get another build-up episode next week, and then what I would imagine is going to be a pretty action-packed finale.

#1353 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

My guess is Eugene has some secret, overly complicated plot to take down everyone.

That would make his character worth while, otherwise what a pussy, i think hes playing the part that 'hes negan' because if he runs and gets caught he knows he will get his head smashed or get the iron plus he gets free pickles, but he should be afraid of the girls stabbing him in the back or someone else selling him out so they wouldnt get into trouble like wanna be daryl did to the doctor.

#1354 7 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

That would make his character worth while, otherwise what a pussy,

I'm picturing Eugene explaining to Negan, just before Negan dies, using unnecessarily complex words, how he took him down and why--because Negan killed his friend Abraham. That would be a great scene. Won't happen though, we have to have superhero Rick involved in every key event in the new world order.

#1355 7 years ago

Fingers crossed Sasha dies but we know she won't. Last nights episode = zzzzzzzz

The mayor of hilltop continues to poorly act his way from scene to scene. The last scene with him and Jesus was painful.

The handle bar mustache savior (Trevor from gta V) is great though. He shines in every scene he's in.

#1356 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I'm picturing Eugene explaining to Negan, just before Negan dies, using unnecessarily complex words, how he took him down and why--because Negan killed his friend Abraham. That would be a great scene. Won't happen though, we have to have superhero Rick involved in every key event in the new world order.

Would be great if he poisoned them all.

#1357 7 years ago

I believe history has shown the episode right before the finale is the most action packed, whereas the season finale itself is more of a recap and aftermath.

#1358 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

No way. He's absolutely a coward.

#1359 7 years ago

I would like to see the Hilltop leader poison the "My Name is Earl" looking guy's tequila.

So if they kill Negan, what will it accomplish since everyone is Negan?

#1360 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

..So if they kill Negan, what will it accomplish since everyone is Negan?

Eugene takes over, and still doesn't get laid.

#1361 7 years ago

I think he's happy eating pickles and playing video games, plus I believe he would rather watch someone else get laid, like when rosita and abraham were getting it on.

#1362 7 years ago

He still has the poison pills which are probably hidden in his grumblygook stuffed animal.

Abraham was his friend.

#1363 7 years ago

With only two episodes left the next episode should be eventful. From the previews, it appeared the Alexandrian's will likely attack the fish eating women. It would be ideal if they end up uniting with the women rather than killing them and it would make sense because the fish eaters should want revenge against Negan for killing all of their men and boy children. It also would not set a very good tone if the Alexandrian's killed a bunch of children along with the women.

#1365 7 years ago

On to the big finish.

#1366 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

On to the big finish.

I would almost think that there isn't one, thinking they will make you wait till next season. Hate to say it but i think after one more week im done with this show for good, looking forward to game of thrones.

#1367 7 years ago

Sunday Night Late TV was always a Sweet Slot of time for me....The last Bastion of a weekend for me, before Monday Morning Work.
Disney, and Wild Kingdom growing up, to X-files, and now, TWD.

Last nights episode shows how good they can get, to a point of a Final Episode.....The Series seems to Pack 2-3 Episodes these days with the extra budgeting.

I cant imagine not watching, but after Negan, I need to see them shake this up a bit.

Its not that I want more Zombies, ( I want better Zombies!) its more like we should expect 1-2 characters to die in the next 2 Episodes...Formula Series Scripting.

I can absorb more, and I want more, and just like in Pinball when we brainstorm new games, Mods, and Playfield tricks, there are tons of great ideas for story line development out there, along with the comics.

While this question is specifically about the Comics, which I have not read, and we have No comic book spoilers as a respectful thread request, can someone who is watching and know the comics tell me based on where we are now, how close are we to the comic story?
90% 75%?
I dont mean counting who died, or who is injured as being weighed heavy, more about the direction....

In other words...would you recommend someone pick up the comic book storyline and enjoy the TV show more, or be frustrated that the Comics tell the story better....

Remember no details, no spoilers, please.

Thanks,

#1368 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

but after Negan, I need to see them shake this up a bit.

Negan has been a bust as far as I'm concerned. Unless they are keeping him around and developing more next season, he's lame. His dialogue is lame, they haven't done much to draw you in to the Saviors whole community either. The show is good, not great this season. It's still way better than most shows and I'll keep watching but that's not saying a lot.

The "build-up" lacks tension as well. Rick and crew had all their stuff stolen by Negan, they steal stuff from someone else in hopes they can steal stuff and end Negan...meh. The Garbage Pail kids are 100% going to double or triple cross them as well.

#1369 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Negan has been a bust as far as I'm concerned. Unless they are keeping him around and developing more next season, he's lame. His dialogue is lame, they haven't done much to draw you in to the Saviors whole community either. The show is good, not great this season. It's still way better than most shows and I'll keep watching but that's not saying a lot.
The "build-up" lacks tension as well. Rick and crew had all their stuff stolen by Negan, they steal stuff from someone else in hopes they can steal stuff and end Negan...meh. The Garbage Pail kids are 100% going to double or triple cross them as well.

It's Monday, time for more complanin'!

#1370 7 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Blehhhh, WHATeverrrrrr...I like the show and said it was better than most, it's fun to come up with constructive ideas to make it better. No rule says we have to kiss ass on 100%.

Start a TWD, "no constructive critique" thread

#1371 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Blehhhh, WHATeverrrrrr...I like the show and said it was better than most, it's fun to come up with constructive ideas to make it better. No rule says we have to kiss ass on 100%.
Start a TWD, "no constructive critique" thread

With comic spoilers allowed !

#1372 7 years ago

I am torn. I don't know if Negan will survive and if he does not who will take him out. The garbage pail kids were not developed enough to have much to say about. But they do feel like a setup for next seasons problem. I don't see how the show can go anywhere if everyone teams up, takes out the bad guy and all live happily together.

Quoted from jonesjb:

Actually you are this biggest regular complainer in the thread. You complain when people have critiques and you complain we ejected discussions about the comic book. The rest of us watch the show pretty faithfully because we still think [even with flaws] it is one of the better shows to follow.

But I guess you said it best with you insightful contribution last week -

Quoted from jonesjb:

It's Monday, complainin' day!

And 2 weeks ago

Quoted from jonesjb:

You guys like to complain about this show quite a bit.

And 34 days ago

Quoted from jonesjb:

So since you guys are bailing, I guess we can now discuss the comic in this thread?

Still looking for the last time you contributed to actual conversation. These are actually your last 4 posts here.

And look what was posted while I was typing

#1373 7 years ago

"Coral" walkers.

#1374 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

I am torn. I don't know if Negan will survive and if he does not who will take him out. The garbage pail kids were not developed enough to have much to say about. But they do feel like a setup for next seasons problem. I don't see how the show can go anywhere if everyone teams up, takes out the bad guy and all live happily together.

Actually you are this biggest regular complainer in the thread. You complain when people have critiques and you complain we ejected discussions about the comic book. The rest of us watch the show pretty faithfully because we still think [even with flaws] it is one of the better shows to follow.
But I guess you said it best with you insightful contribution last week -

And 2 weeks ago

And 34 days ago

Still looking for the last time you contributed to actual conversation. These are actually your last 4 posts here.
And look what was posted while I was typing

#1375 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

"Coral" walkers.

I have to admit the sea shore walkers with barnacles were pretty cool. At least the make-up guys are having fun.

#1376 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Negan has been a bust as far as I'm concerned. Unless they are keeping him around and developing more next season, he's lame. His dialogue is lame

I just wish he would keep his brand new fonzie jacket on, his arms are so skinny he doesn't look like he could even swing that bat hard enough to hurt anyone. I do like how he fucks with everyone but as the villan he is supposed to be most of his henchmen in the background look like they could ring his neck in a second.

#1377 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

"Coral" walkers.

First thing I thought of was Davey Jones crew from pirates of the Caribbean. Meh!

I love the show but it feels like it's on vapors. I would take 2 seasons back to back of the budget saving Hershel's farm over this garbage. They got my hopes up that the walker was going to get the hilltop mayor. Nope, he lives to poorly act in another episode. Woohoo.

#1378 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

While this question is specifically about the Comics, which I have not read, and we have No comic book spoilers as a respectful thread request, can someone who is watching and know the comics tell me based on where we are now, how close are we to the comic story?

It's close enough that if you are not happy with the direction of the show, I don't think you will like the direction of the comic. Talking about the show we're simply at a point where the group has learned to deal with most zombie threats. If they hadn't they would already be dead. What you are seeing is how multiple groups have adapted to this world. My advise if that if you truly do not like the show, stop watching.

#1379 7 years ago

Love the show, and thanks for answering my question.

I just didnt know if things like Ezekiel and the Tiger, and the other communities were interacting more or less as we are seeing.

I have a joy in Z nation, because the Zombies evolve, and a bit more humor, so in seeing where the season was going, I didnt know how close it was to the comic line....

I do now.

Thanks!!!

#1380 7 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

I just wish he would keep his brand new fonzie jacket on, his arms are so skinny he doesn't look like he could even swing that bat hard enough to hurt anyone. I do like how he fucks with everyone but as the villan he is supposed to be most of his henchmen in the background look like they could ring his neck in a second.

I think there is more to getting to a position Negan is in other than doing curls and bench presses all day.

#1381 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Love the show, and thanks for answering my question.
I just didnt know if things like Ezekiel and the Tiger, and the other communities were interacting more or less as we are seeing.
I have a joy in Z nation, because the Zombies evolve, and a bit more humor, so in seeing where the season was going, I didnt know how close it was to the comic line....
I do now.
Thanks!!!

Yeah, it's pretty close. I don't think it's a spoiler to say that some aspects of the show are identical to the comic, while others go in a completely different direction. That's why I enjoy both. I'm up-to-date on the comic, so I get a kick out of seeing what stays the same and what gets changed on the show.

#1382 7 years ago

Eugene's style of speech is a true gem. It continues to crack me up week after week. That and the old lady at the fish camp is a beyotch....

#1383 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Eugene's style of speech is a true gem.

full disclosure, it is not hypoallergenic

#1384 7 years ago

I can't mother ducking believe they did this. It's a giant fuck you to everyone who stuck with this shitfest all year to watch Neegan get his throat cut. The garbage pail kids turning on Ricks people was a surprise but I can't believe they ended the damn show without putting an end to Neegan. I watched this boring ass show every episode waiting for them to finally take him out and they give me the big middle finger. I'm done.

#1385 7 years ago

Great episode, really enjoyed it. Great to see the tiger get into the Melee!

#1386 7 years ago

I can't believe the shit I just witnessed.

#1387 7 years ago

I'm gonna watch tonight's Homeland now to hopefully make me feel better.

#1388 7 years ago

Was really pissed at this final. Looks like they are going to run another season of the saviors. However could be a really good one.

#1389 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

The Garbage Pail kids are 100% going to double or triple cross them as well.

Easy call. Bummer they didn't end Negan--he sucks, but my other prediction still has a shot:

Quoted from Wickerman2:

I'm picturing Eugene explaining to Negan, just before Negan dies, using unnecessarily complex words, how he took him down and why--because Negan killed his friend Abraham. That would be a great scene.

#1390 7 years ago

I think they're trying to stretch this out to 20+ seasons.

I remember when this show was good.

Now it's just a soap opera with occasional zombies.

#1391 7 years ago

Glad that shit is over, pretty sure im done with this show, was really hoping for some kind of good ending, the fake tiger was the only good thing about the episode. Well see you guys in another thred.

#1392 7 years ago

Hey. At least the pinball is still good.

The show turned to shit. Might as well quit.

#1393 7 years ago

I enjoyed the coffin multiball.

To those who are "done" with this show: see you in October!

#1394 7 years ago

I liked it overall. I think having the season's bad guy get killed at the end of every season would be too predictable. Now they have the entire Savior group ready to go and if they don't act fast they will be weaker when they return to their three communities.

Yes, the garbage pail kids doing a backstab was predictable. I'm not sure why they laid down their guns before leaving. Also, all of that close quarter fighting should have resulted in a few more major character deaths. Will see how that relationship develops.

Morgan shoving his quarter-staff brain deep into someone's face? Nice.

At first I was getting sick of the Sasha flashes to Abraham. I was thinking it was too much of a waste of time. But that is because we keep seeing the show as weekly entertainment. When you really think about the fact that it is someone laying down their life for their friends it really is a big deal.

So the only real complaint I have is that they said Fear-TWD is returning. Now that will make you appreciate this show.

#1395 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Easy call. Bummer they didn't end Negan--he sucks, but my other prediction still has a shot:

Rick keeps saying he is going to kill Neegan. Maybe Eugene will have a hand in it.

Why couldn't the tiger have waiting two more minutes before he started eating the Saviors. Neegan was just about to bash Carl's head in.

#1396 7 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

#1397 7 years ago

Rick looked pretty spry for someone who got shot in the gut close range and then pushed off a tower. I figured he would share a hospital bed with Michonne.

#1398 7 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

I enjoyed the coffin multiball.

You are probably right. Kind of like all the people, myself included, that got butthurt over something on RGP or Pinside and made a public announcement that they were leaving. They didn't stay gone for long. This show needs more action and a purpose. They are just trying to live like everything is normal and there is no more normal. They need to have some sort of goal whether it is getting to a location where there are no walkers of somewhere to find a cure or something. The show is getting stale. I haven't read the comics so I don't know what is supposed to happen.

#1399 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

I liked it overall. I think having the season's bad guy get killed at the end of every season would be too predictable. Now they have the entire Savior group ready to go and if they don't act fast they will be weaker when they return to their three communities.

Yeah, it almost feels like no matter what the writers did with that storyline they would have angered some of the viewing audience. Kill him off..."it's too predictable" don't kill him off..."it's unsatisfying". I didn't think that it was an overly satisfying episode, but honestly either enjoy the show for what it is or stop watching. It's not a race to the end. This watch, bitch, watch, bitch discussion is dull.

PS: Perhaps, I need to heed my own advise and stop visiting this thread.

Quoted from zr11990:

You are probably right. Kind of like all the people, myself included, that got butthurt over something on RGP or Pinside and made a public announcement that they were leaving. They didn't stay gone for long. This show needs more action and a purpose. They are just trying to live like everything is normal and there is no more normal. They need to have some sort of goal whether it is getting to a location where there are no walkers of somewhere to find a cure or something. The show is getting stale. I haven't read the comics so I don't know what is supposed to happen.

Creating a "normal" life is the purpose. Our survivors are in an area where there are communities, commerce (to some extent), etc. The walkers are not really a threat. At this point in the show, the one thing preventing a fairly normal life are The Saviors. The current goal is to eliminate The Saviors.

#1400 7 years ago

All True, but I can manage an additional Plot line, along with the Saviors.

It becomes mundane, INO, when we no longer "Fear" any Zombie attacks.
I think the management of the quarry did that....(maybe its full again, and they can send them
as the front line to Negan?)

But I wish to feel that way again, and I can only think of plot lines, that mutate zombies, so they
can start taking out new characters introduced.

We lost 3 main characters this year, and havent really replaced them.

I really did think it was the end of Coral...

There are 2,412 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 49.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fear-the-walking-dead-starts-tonight/page/28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.