(Topic ID: 136745)

The Walking Dead , Fear TWD, NO Comic Book Spoilers! Show Discussion......

By OLDPINGUY

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,412 posts
  • 173 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by miracleman
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

corey-hawkins-as-heath-the-walking-dead (resized).jpg
wall falls 2 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
giphy.gif
TVSHOWS (resized).png
CD0ACFA4-F349-43D7-9B87-291D2CCCBF10 (resized).jpeg
DTS19NHX0AAC6Ii (resized).png
vlcsnap-2018-10-08-00h10m09s275 (resized).png
IMG_3933 (resized).jpeg
54E1E698-185E-46FC-ABF4-97939B92A8E7 (resized).jpeg
the-walking-dead-s9-poster (resized).jpg
901782DC-EAD0-4BB1-A655-281B315D1F98 (resized).jpeg
remote (resized).jpg
Kim-Dickens-as-Joanie-Stubbs-in-Deadwood-Season-2 (resized).jpg
There are 2,412 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 49.
#1001 7 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Negan isn't inherently evil.

#1002 7 years ago

Anyone know what the various letters stand for on some people's shirts? They gave Daryl an 'A' and the guys who add walkers to the fence and take off their head canisters wore 'F'

It seems to be some sort of underling grading system, or maybe newbies, kind of like pledges.

#1003 7 years ago

I played it randomly all last night, pissing my wife off!

It actually affected her from the show! New Phobia to add to her list.....

#1004 7 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Anyone know what the various letters stand for on some people's shirts? They gave Daryl an 'A' and the guys who add walkers to the fence and take off their head canisters wore 'F'
It seems to be some sort of underling grading system, or maybe newbies, kind of like pledges.

Maybe you start with an A and lose Points to become an "F".

I wasnt sure if that area was a "walk of shame", "training ground", or part of a "security moat", like long chained dogs, so they could be distracted to clump together for a breach.

#1005 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I wasnt sure if that area was a

It's Dwight's lunch spot

#1006 7 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I think that's exactly right. These last two episodes have been about the different communities and their leadership structure. I'm sure we'll be moving the focus back to Hilltop and Alexandria. How will the leadership structures change after their encounter with The Saviors? At minimum, I'm sure it will be stressed.
Just for fun, feel free to put it on loop for the entire day:
» YouTube video

I couldn't get this stupid song out of my head until I got in my car & drove to work with something else on.

#1007 7 years ago

Is it just me or does Negan look like Freddy Mercury?

#1008 7 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Is it just me or does Negan look like Freddy Mercury?

I tell ya what ... for people stuck in a zombie apocalypse, the cast of TWD sure have nice teeth.

rd

#1009 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I tell ya what ... for people stuck in a zombie apocalypse, the cast of TWD sure have nice teeth.
rd

And hair. Coral and the bunch look like they have blow-dryers.

#1010 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

And hair. Coral and the bunch look like they have blow-dryers.

Lucky for them that Zombies aren't hungry for toothpaste or hair products.

rd

#1011 7 years ago

Alright. While not a bad episode [but not great for sure] since it is setting up the interactions, it was not worth the extra length of the show.

She saved a gun and it is going to be trouble, we know. Clepto guy blames Rick so they are going to go at it eventually. Coral is still a dick. And Dwight has Daryl's bike so he's going to take a chunk out of him at some point.

The faking Maggie's death was unexpected. What happens if Negan runs into her some day? "Rick, you lied"

#1012 7 years ago

Best part was Negan telling Rick he just slipped his dick down his throat and he got thanked for it. I'm growing tired of the show and wished it centered around Negan since I'm only enjoying when he is on.

#1013 7 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

I'm growing tired of the show and wished it centered around Negan since I'm only enjoying when he is on.

Im getting tired of it too ... but because of Negan. His character seems contrived and overdone (yes, I know it's a show about zombies...) His dialogue is reaaally tiresome.

His "concept" is flawed. How could you create an empire with a baseball bat when everyone else has guns? Baseball bat has a 4 foot range. A guns range is slightly more than 4 foot. Someone would have shot him in the face by now. And he must get really hot wearing the Fonz' leather jacket out in the sun like that.

When Negans bunch showed up at Ricks place last night, they were all standing in a tight bunch in a bottleneck. They should have all been shot in <60 seconds. Problem solved.

But then they'd need to come up with another villain to fill up the series.

rd

#1014 7 years ago

Didn't really care for the episode, I am getting tired of the character that plays Negan I liked at first when he's bashing someone's head in, but after watching him on tv for a couple weeks his physical presence doesn't scare me. I wish Rick would of smacked him in the head with his bat and told the rest of his crew he was the boss now.

#1015 7 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

I wish Rick would of smacked him in the head with his bat and told the rest of his crew he was the boss now.

Exxxxxxxactly!

rd

#1016 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

When Negans bunch showed up at Ricks place last night, they were all standing in a tight bunch in a bottleneck. They should have all been shot in <60 seconds. Problem solved.

Even better, I was a huge fan of the show but its loosing me fast.

#1017 7 years ago

I think Daryl would know how to handle a bunch like that better as a leader. Rick has too many moral rules from his cop days and they would not listen for long.

#1018 7 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

I'm growing tired of the show and wished it centered around Negan since I'm only enjoying when he is on.

Wow. Complete opposite for me!

I was thinking very early on into the episode that Negan is getting old REAL fast. He talks the exact same way, with the same cadence, all the time. You can pretty much guess what he's going to say before he says it. He's already a caricature of himself. Not good. I don't even fear him anymore. He's actually turning into one of the weaker main "bad guys" they've had to deal with in terms of believability. The Governor was 20 times more interesting than Negan so far.

And this episode just got off to a really bad start for me when you see Negan arrive at the gate, with his silhouette showing on the fence holding Lucille. Rosita (and the other guy) were there in the car....WITH GUNS. Why not shoot Negan dead right then and there? Yeah, they still have Darrell, but so what? With Negan dead, I don't know that his followers would necessarily kill Darrell as it would just lead to more of them dying as well.

I am usually capable of suspending a lot of disbelief for this show but for some reason I couldn't get past that one.

#1019 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Im getting tired of it too ... but because of Negan. His character seems contrived and overdone (yes, I know it's a show about zombies...) His dialogue is reaaally tiresome.
His "concept" is flawed. How could you create an empire with a baseball bat when everyone else has guns? Baseball bat has a 4 foot range. A guns range is slightly more than 4 foot. Someone would have shot him in the face by now. And he must get really hot wearing the Fonz' leather jacket out in the sun like that.
But then they'd need to come up with another villain to fill up the series.
rd

I agree with all of this...but more importantly, glad to see that you survived the earthquakes RD!

#1020 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Wow. Complete opposite for me!

To each their own. I don't analyze or knit pick every aspect of the show and just enjoy it for the entertainment. There are so many far fetched things on the show I don't watch thinking to myself could this really happen. I'm a JDM fan so maybe I'm biased since he plays Negan but I'm just tired of the Alexandria crew and welcome any new characters regardless how much disbelief there might be.

#1021 7 years ago

It bothered me that they werent up on the tower with the Bazooka...I believe they had a few rounds.
Between that. and firepower at the gate, no brainer.
I applaud Negan coming early, catching them off guard, and collecting the weapons....smart move.

His character, I hope, will develop more. I like what I see...is he bad? Is he good? How Big is his militia?

#1022 7 years ago

I'm liking the season so far; but there is going to be a lot of character and story developing. They're at a point where the TWD world is growing vastly more than in the past; so with that, there's got to be a lot of development.

I like the Negan character. I do agree the Governor was much more evil, but Negan has a bigger agenda - like becoming a ruler of many provinces where they provide for him and his land so he can grow even bigger.

There's also a lot untold still and even Negan doesnt know everything about the people he's pillaging from...or he'd have a tiger now

These last couple episodes are building up to some major drama and suspense. I like it so far...as long as the delivery is as good as last season

EDIT: And im more interested in seeing Dwight getting maliciously killed than Negan.

#1023 7 years ago

How long are we going to have to watch Rick and his people cower down to Negan? They could have killed him multiple times last night but they all just stood there with their dicks in their hands. Shit, they could have killed him at the gate. Coral could have put a bullet in him. Rick could have beaten him with his own bat. Its getting hard to watch for me. If it wasn't something my son and I watched together I probably wouldn't watch it anymore.

#1024 7 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

If it wasn't something my son and I watched together I probably wouldn't watch it anymore.

Same here. My son likes to watch it with me, so I'll suffer through watching TWD jumping the shark. At least Fonzie's jacket is here, so I'm feeling right at home with that analogy.

#1025 7 years ago

Negan is Freddy Mercury.

#1026 7 years ago

I won't post any comic spoilers here.

I think that Rick and Aaron stored guns in the graves of Maggie, Glenn and Abraham.

#1027 7 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

To each their own. I don't analyze or knit pick every aspect of the show and just enjoy it for the entertainment. There are so many far fetched things on the show I don't watch thinking to myself could this really happen.

Same here, and like I said, I am normally very willing to suspend my disbelief for this show. You have to. But when it gets to the point where it is so obvious, and not even consistent with what we've been taught about the characters, it's hard not to be disappointed. That's what happened in this episode.

As stated by others:

Quoted from zr11990:

How long are we going to have to watch Rick and his people cower down to Negan? They could have killed him multiple times last night but they all just stood there with their dicks in their hands. Shit, they could have killed him at the gate. Coral could have put a bullet in him. Rick could have beaten him with his own bat. Its getting hard to watch for me.

Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

It bothered me that they werent up on the tower with the Bazooka...I believe they had a few rounds.
Between that. and firepower at the gate, no brainer.

Quoted from rotordave:

#1028 7 years ago

I'm a huge fan of the comics and I still watch the show but it jumped the shark for me awhile ago now.
I find myself laughing at most episodes these days, it doesn't have the same impact/ appeal for me that it used to but it is still an enjoyable way to kill an hour.

#1029 7 years ago

Im also having a hard time Rick would be in complete puss mode now....especially after losing the prison. Rick just tells Michone.....this is our way of life now. Really? I just can't see Rick saying that.

#1030 7 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I won't post any comic spoilers here.
I think that Rick and Aaron stored guns in the graves of Maggie, Glenn and Abraham.

I bet you're right, although perhaps just the Maggie grave (since it's empty). That makes a lot of sense.

#1031 7 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I bet you're right, although perhaps just the Maggie grave (since it's empty). That makes a lot of sense.

It would also give some semblance of retribution from beyond the grave.

#1032 7 years ago

Where's Sasha? She could hit a fly at 100 yards. Easily take out Negan.

#1033 7 years ago

Ummm...

They didn't kill Negan and his crew because they're vastly outnumbered by them, outgunned, they have one of their friends as a prisoner, and so far Negan's crew has done nothing to show that they wouldn't avenge his death or kill every single person in Alexandria "just because." His crew all stood there with their guns and watched as Negan bashed in the skulls of two people, and didn't seem to care much.

And The Governor is more evil than Negan?

Are you guys watching the same show as me?

#1034 7 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

Are you guys watching the same show as me?

We must not be

#1035 7 years ago

And The Governor is more evil than Negan?

Speaking for myself, it isn't a matter of whether The Governor "is more evil than Negan", it's a matter of him (The Governor) being a much better written and developed (and believable) character. His followers had reason/logic to follow him, even if misguided. I don't see that same reason/logic for Negan's followers.

Quoted from RobT:

The Governor was 20 times more interesting than Negan so far.

#1036 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Speaking for myself, it isn't a matter of whether The Governor "is more evil than Negan", it's a matter of him (The Governor) being a much better written and developed (and believable) character. His followers had reason/logic to follow him, even if misguided. I don't see that same reason/logic for Negan's followers.

I actually agree with you on both points, though I do think Negan will get more nuanced as the story progresses.

#1037 7 years ago

They didn't kill Negan and his crew because they're vastly outnumbered by them, outgunned

They weren't last night. Rick had a whole truck load of guns (key word ... HAD) at his disposal, there were 20 people standing at the gate in a bunch. All his main guys too. At a quick guess, Rick had 20 people in the church at his meeting.

Opportunity squandered.

Could have been the shortest series ever.

rd

#1038 7 years ago

I believe all of the above is why we enjoy Z Nation as much.

Theres a hybrid human, that can bite and control some of the zombies. Murphy.
The zombies themselves mutate. so far maybe 6-8 different types, slow, smart, blasters,
Vaccinations being made.....first batch was grown in Z weed!

They just got power to Spokane.
China got involved.
Unknown Rich bad guys
Brain eating regular people
Zombie hybrid babies
Spiked bats that electrocute as well.

A farce, a scare, silly, wonderful, cringeworthy, but the show is showing evolution and progress of characters, zombies, and environment.

We havent cared about zombies in TWD I think since the quarry Horde.

I do enjoy all the quality acting and character development, but maybe its time for the zombies to mutate, and be a threat
again......just a thought....

#1039 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

We havent cared about zombies in TWD I think since the quarry Horde.
I do enjoy all the quality acting and character development, but maybe its time for the zombies to mutate, and be a threat
again

The Zombies were very much a threat just last season. Remember Rick and company trying to protect Alexandria from the largest herd of walkers we've ever seen on the show?

The human element is always going to be the driving force of the story, but I do agree that the walkers should not be forgotten as a major threat by the writers, and so far this season, they have been. But the season is young.

#1040 7 years ago

Ummm...
They didn't kill Negan and his crew because they're vastly outnumbered by them, outgunned, they have one of their friends as a prisoner,

cut the head off the snake and every guy that has doubts in his crew would flee.

Also, if they made a move Darryl would open a can of wuppass and that dude Jesus would pop out of the bushes...game over man. Game over.

#1041 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

cut the head off the snake and every guy that has doubts in his crew would flee.

What makes you think that? I think part of the reason they didn't attack was the whole "We are all Negan" thing. Keep in mind, Rick already though he killed Negan in the compound when he shot The Savior that said, "I am Negan, shithead". That didn't work out very well. The Saviors have demonstrated that they have adopted a collective mindset of Negan, making him more then just an individual. As a previous poster stated, there is no reason to think that killing "Negan" wouldn't result in mass casualties in Alexandria.

#1042 7 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

As a previous poster stated, there is no reason to think that killing "Negan" wouldn't result in mass casualties in Alexandria.

One way to find out!!!

They've hinted at the weakness of the individual cult members with that sandwich making ironed face Dwight already...foreshadowing...seems obvious that will eventually be the way Negan and his crew fall.

#1043 7 years ago

BIG Negan hater here! NOT a fan of him at all. As a matter of fact, I have seen people wearing Negan or Lucille shirts, and I want to beat the ever loving shit out of them in public. If Rick or someone from his group doesn't do something to them soon, I have a feeling I will wind up in prison!

#1044 7 years ago

Wow, not a single post about last weeks episode?

Can't say I'm surprised. The show continues it's downward spiral this season. Ugh.

And it's showing up in the ratings:

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/walking-dead-ratings-fall-to-lowest-in-years-190236582.html

#1045 7 years ago

Its Enjoyable, but havent had a reason to care.

I need more progress. I hope they dont spend 2-3 seasons on Negan.
I enjoy his character, and his version of Savior Utopia, but I dont care.

Maybe its me, but without the empathy, Im becoming disconnected.

Perhaps Ill care about the tiger?

Z Nation is filling my need. As bad as it is, they are creating a vaccine, restored electricity and setting
up a new society in Spokane, and theres Lucy!!, and a new family up at the Frozen North.

I look forward to this show now, more than TWD...

#1046 7 years ago

This is same way they always run the seasons....cliff hangar "answer", then split up everyone and have an episode on each micro-group(people hate the episodes on their disliked characters), then the "boss battle", then cliff hangar. Wrap. Only the odd season here or there varies and has more of a whirlwind pace.

#1047 7 years ago

I'm having some trouble believing that the Negan experience would crush so many battle-hardened zombie warriors. I think I'd sacrifice myself with a grenade just to take him and as many of his followers out as possible. Or, send out teams to find another place to move several hundred miles outside of his turf and get out of dodge before he came back again. That wouldn't be any worse than taking his abuse and giving him all of the community's resources. I suspect a lot of the disappointed fans are asking themselves similar questions right now. Heck, I don't even like Rick right now, he's become such a wuss.

#1048 7 years ago

I think that Rick is playing along to lull Negan into a sense of trust so he can take him off guard.

#1049 7 years ago

Yeah, Rick hasn't given up.

#1050 7 years ago

Z-Nation marathon for Thanks Giving. Season 1 and 2 every episode back to back.

There are 2,412 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 49.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fear-the-walking-dead-starts-tonight/page/21?hl=fxdwg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.