(Topic ID: 136745)

The Walking Dead , Fear TWD, NO Comic Book Spoilers! Show Discussion......

By OLDPINGUY

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,412 posts
  • 173 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by miracleman
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

corey-hawkins-as-heath-the-walking-dead (resized).jpg
wall falls 2 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
giphy.gif
TVSHOWS (resized).png
CD0ACFA4-F349-43D7-9B87-291D2CCCBF10 (resized).jpeg
DTS19NHX0AAC6Ii (resized).png
vlcsnap-2018-10-08-00h10m09s275 (resized).png
IMG_3933 (resized).jpeg
54E1E698-185E-46FC-ABF4-97939B92A8E7 (resized).jpeg
the-walking-dead-s9-poster (resized).jpg
901782DC-EAD0-4BB1-A655-281B315D1F98 (resized).jpeg
remote (resized).jpg
Kim-Dickens-as-Joanie-Stubbs-in-Deadwood-Season-2 (resized).jpg
There are 2,412 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 49.
#951 7 years ago

Youtube is currently filled to the brim with reaction videos. Eyes bugging out right and left, and I'm not talking about Glenn.

#952 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I heard what I thought would have been a great twist for the finale and premiere. They should have shown Abraham getting killed in the finale. Everyone would have thought he took Glenn's place. Then surprise them by killing Glenn in the premiere.

100% agree. That would have been a great way of doing it. Also they never should have done that stupid "dumpster save". I think for some it lessened the emotional impact of his second death. PS: Has that been worked into the pinball rules? Maybe if you save the ball after it's gone down the outlanes. If not, it should be incorporated.

#953 7 years ago

Picture is worth a thousand words.

Glad the show is back on!

#954 7 years ago

Man that was some jacked up stuff! My wife didn't sleep good last night

#955 7 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

100% agree. That would have been a great way of doing it. Also they never should have done that stupid "dumpster save". I think for some it lessened the emotional impact of his second death. PS: Has that been worked into the pinball rules? Maybe if you save the ball after it's gone down the outlanes. If not, it should be incorporated.

I never really thought there was any question that Glenn didn't die there but I've read that at the time the producers played it off like he could have. That's kind of a dick move. Also it took a couple of episodes before they even addressed it which was weird.

That would be cool if the ball saver showed a person hiding under a dumpster. I predict the next toy mod for the playfield will the hanging zombie.

#956 7 years ago

Abraham gone and we're still stuck with mopey, psycho Sasha.

#957 7 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Also they never should have done that stupid "dumpster save". I think for some it lessened the emotional impact of his second death.

Bingo!

Glenn was living on borrowed time to say the least. That dumpster save scene still pisses me off to this day.

#958 7 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

Also was surprised Negan didn't let him chop his kids arm off, that would have really showed what a dick he is.

Yeah, cuz killing Abraham and Glenn by bashing their skulls into oblivion didn't quite do it.

He saved Carl's arm for psychological reasons, as part of getting them to work for Negan (or as Negan put it, to get Rick to stop giving him "that look")

#959 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Yeah, cuz killing Abraham and Glenn by bashing their skulls into oblivion didn't quite do it.

I can only dream of what could have been with an LCD on my TWD pin.

Stern would be crazy not to do another version of TWD in a couple of years with the LCD.

#960 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Stern would be crazy not to do another version of TWD in a couple of years with the LCD.

I think they will do a vault edition based on the comic artwork. It will probably have to be in color to match the playfield toys.

Quoted from Skins:

Abraham gone and we're still stuck with mopey, psycho Sasha.

They need her to fill Andrea's upcoming role in the comics.

#961 7 years ago

Best episode in a long time.
Glad they stuck with the comic.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#962 7 years ago

After 7 years I'm bored with zombies. Can they make the zombies into werewolves? Great... Now we have to put up with Emo Rick until the stupid mid season finale.

I sure hope Westwood picks up...

#963 7 years ago

That was just down right brutal what Negan did to both Abraham and Glenn. Can't wait to see what's in store for him. He should be tortured slowly and be allowed to live a gimped life. Take his own weapon Lucille, bash his fuckin eyes out, and then let him live as a brainless vegetable. Let Maggie do it too, poor thing.

#964 7 years ago

Art (thread OP), I know you changed the thread title to include Z nation. But in doing so you removed the "No Comic Book" part of the title. Now it is creeping back in and I am starting to skip posts to prevent spoilage. Any way to get that back in?

#965 7 years ago

Rick definitely had several chances to kill Negan, but doing so would've killed everyone else. There was no sneaking up and rescuing everyone else being held at gun point.

As for Maggie being magically better - adrenaline, I guess? I thought it was odd too.

#966 7 years ago

I deleted FTWD last season. Totally Lame.

Glen was the last straw for me. I'm done with TWD. I totally get that the show is supposed to painfully expose the harsh reality of the situation. Unlike a comic or book, a character in a show can only be as good as the actors. For me, Glen was one of the best.

#967 7 years ago

Alternate endings shot for each character in an effort to protect the real ending.

Warning. Maggie meets Lucille in the ending shown in the article.

http://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/2016/10/25/the-walking-dead-alternate-negan-kill-leaks-online/

Marcus

#968 7 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Glen was the last straw for me. I'm done with TWD. I totally get that the show is supposed to painfully expose the harsh reality of the situation. Unlike a comic or book, a character in a show can only be as good as the actors. For me, Glen was one of the best.

I think its shitty he just suddenly died...no heroics, no self sacrifice, just gets clubbed. This was the most disturbing episode to watch so far, but now i definitely want to watch to see redemption

#969 7 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

I think its shitty he just suddenly died...no heroics, no self sacrifice, just gets clubbed. This was the most disturbing episode to watch so far, but now i definitely want to watch to see redemption

But it was perfect. How else are you going to top "look at the flowers Lizzy" for disturbing. Killing Abraham give you shock and starts the pain through sheer brutality. Killing Glen because Daryl broke his rule shows he means business and sticks to his word. Stopping Rick before the chop shows if he gets what he wants you live.

Rick has lost his mind before. Remember at the prison he was seeing Laurie after her death and talking to dead people on a dead telephone. This just broke him. So used to being a leader and the only way he can save anyone is by being a sheep. This has got to be setup to a break down. Remember when the gang attacked them and one was going to rape Carl (Coral) he chewed the guys face. Rick has a history of losing it and this one is going to be big.

#970 7 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

That was kind of a detriment to some of the other character deaths. The show would give them a special moment before dying and would tip viewers off that the death was coming. I'm glad this one was from out of nowhere. The way the characters that lived treated Glenn's and Abraham's deaths was the best memorial to me.

#971 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

But it was perfect. How else are you going to top "look at the flowers Lizzy" for disturbing. Killing Abraham give you shock and starts the pain through sheer brutality. Killing Glen because Daryl broke his rule shows he means business and sticks to his word. Stopping Rick before the chop shows if he gets what he wants you live.
Rick has lost his mind before. Remember at the prison he was seeing Laurie after her death and talking to dead people on a dead telephone. This just broke him. So used to being a leader and the only way he can save anyone is by being a sheep. This has got to be setup to a break down. Remember when the gang attacked them and one was going to rape Carl (Coral) he chewed the guys face. Rick has a history of losing it and this one is going to be big.

I think the only thing about "look at the flowers " versus this was....u knew it had to be done...it was jaw dropping...but i got why Carol did it.

The end of this episode, where Negan was gonna make Rick cut of Carl's arm.....that was the most intense part of the show to me . After Negan left Rick's group....im thinking....lets not fak with Negan for awhile.....they did a great job there. Gonna be pissed if we just see Daryl get tortured for the next few episodes

#972 7 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

That's why I like the show, really I never looked online or read anything about who was going to get clubbed, I figured it was only going to be one person and figured it would of been the gay guy or mullet head. I liked Glen and how he blossomed into a bad ass, also hated to see Abraham go.

#973 7 years ago

I thought I would post a couple of my favorite reaction videos.

#974 7 years ago

IMG_0212 (resized).PNGIMG_0212 (resized).PNGIMG_0208 (resized).JPGIMG_0208 (resized).JPGIMG_0211 (resized).JPGIMG_0211 (resized).JPG

#975 7 years ago

It wasn't a bad episode but after 7 years I find myself laughing at this show more and more and this episode was no exception.

1 week later
#976 7 years ago

I had the chance to catch up on Z Nation, and boy did that have its ups and downs!

Really enjoyed Last Fridays episode, and in TV Gore Category a Brain scene that rivaled TWD vertical face slice
this week.

We make jokes around here that the Walking Dead group should meet the Z nation group in an episode, or even a
spoof spliced where they see each other in the woods....hopefully someone shares this madness!!

Did a search and found this:

Doc from Z nation meets Herschel

https://www.reddit.com/r/ZNation/comments/3s0p0r/the_walking_dead_meets_znation_hershel_meets_doc/

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#977 7 years ago

Not a bad episode. But you have to wonder if they are foreshadowing too much or setting up a twist when it comes to Dwight.

He starts to feel some remorse but not enough to change. Will the situation with his wife finally make his crack? When it does will he be successful or just get killed . . . It is alright. We all want Daryl to fake it just so he can get close enough to do something (and stop getting crappy food).

#978 7 years ago

I believe you are correct about Dwight.

The quirky insanity of Negan, is a Surprise to me.

Kinda the projection is Negans a nice guy...keeping order, and society out of fear.
He personifies Lucille as the evil side inside himself.
At this stage, its certainly very entertaining, and as an actor, with script and direction,
a great character.

The use of music, in isolation, Dwights ex?...It was just enough to keep me on edge, without
pushing me away. Something I was afraid of, that the whole show would turn "dark".

Negans community, is certainly an interesting creation.

Z Nation this week, had to have an election spoof, and a character steals the Presidential Limo of Bill Clinton
from the Little Rock Museum, and declares himself President, while "campaigning" in front of a small town of 50.

A competitor to his election comes, and they have a debate, although cut a bit short by Zombies.

One candidate wants to build a Wall across the middle of the state to keep Zombies out, the other wants to dig Giant holes
with criminals as bait, to keep the Zombies away!

Tongue and cheek, with the Election, and always a "wince" coming while I watch.
Even the Towns interaction on the candidates, the absurdity, is a Spoof on what we have seen the last few months in Politics.

Enjoying Both...but dont even care when commercials for FTWD come on. No Characters to endear, no writing, and low budget Zombies, make Sharknado series better than FTWD!

#979 7 years ago

Dwight makes a helluva sandwich! That made me hungry.

#980 7 years ago

I think that scene, and the music, for this show, was Brilliant Television!

#981 7 years ago

All I know is, I was going crazy listening to that damn song. Poor Daryl.

#982 7 years ago

What's the deal with the guys inside the fence with the walkers? To me the best part was Dwight making a sandwich

#983 7 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

What's the deal with the guys inside the fence with the walkers?

looks like the guys who get kicked out get stuck on a pole, and the semi-losers in the sweatshirts have the job of sticking them in there...for all the rest to view as a reminder.

#984 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

looks like the guys who get kicked out get stuck on a pole, and the semi-losers in the sweatshirts have the job of sticking them in there...for all the rest to view as a reminder.

Is that what it mean to "gain points?"

#985 7 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

All I know is, I was going crazy listening to that damn song. Poor Daryl.

Overall I did not think that this was a good episode. I thought the "torture" of Darryl was just ridiculously weak and did not come close to measuring up to what we saw from Negan in episode one. Music? Really? And even Negan's direct discussion with Darryl, while waving Lucille in his face, was weak and completely lacking in drama. I guess part of the reason is that when you have already killed two major characters just 2 short episodes ago, you knew there was zero chance that Negan was going to bash Darryl's head in.

And the stuff with Dwight and Negan taking his wife etc. just seemed too contrived, and I'm also having a hard time buying into the fact that apparently pretty much everyone actually hates Negan (including his right hand man) but they are all too stupid to realize that if they all opposed him he would have no power.

I liked week 2's episode far more than this one.

#986 7 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Is that what it mean to "gain points?"

maybe--hadn't thought of that. Maybe you have to "level up" in Negan's world. He's probably an old D&D player.

#987 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

We all want Daryl to fake it just so he can get close enough to do something (and stop getting crappy food)

I dunno .. those dog food bread rolls were looking pretty sweet!

rd

#988 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I thought the "torture" of Darryl was just ridiculously weak and did not come close to measuring up to what we saw from Negan in episode one. Music? Really?

Everything they did was common practice for today's "enhanced interrogation" techniques as documented in many articles that came out of places like abu ghraib, so it was pretty realistic to me. It certainly made me empathize with his character. Would you rather have seen them stick bamboo chutes underneath his fingernails?

#989 7 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

... Would you rather have seen them stick bamboo chutes underneath his fingernails?

Maybe beat on the clutch of his bike?

I remembered him taking the Polaroid of head pounded Glen. But to give him the picture and remind him it was his fault was a nice touch.

#990 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

"torture" of Darryl was just ridiculously weak

I think he wanted more "mental" torture than physical since he was grooming him to be sidekick..though he did iron Dwight's face but that was a payback for escaping.

#991 7 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

Everything they did was common practice for today's "enhanced interrogation" techniques as documented in many articles that came out of places like abu ghraib, so it was pretty realistic to me.

Yes, but never once did I even come close to feeling sorry for Daryl. I never felt that he was going through hell or being tortured. These techniques just didn't measure up to Negan's way of doing things. Weak.

If anything Daryl deserves more punishment for killing Glenn.

#992 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I think he wanted more "mental" torture than physical since he was grooming him to be sidekick..though he did iron Dwight's face but that was a payback for escaping.

Yeah, you just helped make my point. Iron to the face is much more Negan's style than playing music. The iron to the face appears to have worked, at least for now, as Dwight and Negan "are cool" even though Negan is screwing Dwight's wife.

#993 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Dwight and Negan "are cool" even though Negan is screwing Dwight's wife.

#994 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Yeah, you just helped make my point. Iron to the face is much more Negan's style than playing music. The iron to the face appears to have worked, at least for now, as Dwight and Negan "are cool" even though Negan is screwing Dwight's wife.

I think this was Dwight's job, not Negans. He was the one working Daryl. So maybe not necessarily the torture Negan would have gone for. Negan is the kind of guy who would leave the door unlocked to see what he'd do.

#995 7 years ago

It could be....Negan thinks he needs Darryl to help win over Alexandria. Make sure they stay inline with Negan's demands....and not go rogue or create resistance. So maybe its more mental torture for now.....versus the physical torture. Also, i think Negan recgonizes Darryl makes a great hostage.

#996 7 years ago

I just read that Garrett Dillahunt was in the running to play Negan. I'm not saying JDM isn't perfectly capable of the role, but could imagine Deadwood's Mr. Willcox wielding Lucille?!?

#997 7 years ago

Negan isn't inherently evil. He's doing what he sees to be a workable way to keep his team of rogues in line. I think he'd rather have a person working for him, than dead. The latter is no use. You saw this when he had Dwight bring the one guy back alive (that Dwight ultimately ended up shooting).

#998 7 years ago

The set up is the 3 communities, and specifically their leaders. Do you think?

Rick, isnt one any more, and I am intrigued to see where they go this season.

#999 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

The set up is the 3 communities, and specifically their leaders. Do you think?
Rick, isnt one any more, and I am intrigued to see where they go this season.

Four communities, the Kingdom, Hilltop, Alexandria, and Negan's place. Rock is still the leader, Negan likely kept him alive to get him to mobilize Alexandria.

#1000 7 years ago

I think that's exactly right. These last two episodes have been about the different communities and their leadership structure. I'm sure we'll be moving the focus back to Hilltop and Alexandria. How will the leadership structures change after their encounter with The Saviors? At minimum, I'm sure it will be stressed.

Just for fun, feel free to put it on loop for the entire day:

There are 2,412 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 49.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fear-the-walking-dead-starts-tonight/page/20 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.