(Topic ID: 136745)

The Walking Dead , Fear TWD, NO Comic Book Spoilers! Show Discussion......

By OLDPINGUY

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,412 posts
  • 173 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by miracleman
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

corey-hawkins-as-heath-the-walking-dead (resized).jpg
wall falls 2 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
giphy.gif
TVSHOWS (resized).png
CD0ACFA4-F349-43D7-9B87-291D2CCCBF10 (resized).jpeg
DTS19NHX0AAC6Ii (resized).png
vlcsnap-2018-10-08-00h10m09s275 (resized).png
IMG_3933 (resized).jpeg
54E1E698-185E-46FC-ABF4-97939B92A8E7 (resized).jpeg
the-walking-dead-s9-poster (resized).jpg
901782DC-EAD0-4BB1-A655-281B315D1F98 (resized).jpeg
remote (resized).jpg
Kim-Dickens-as-Joanie-Stubbs-in-Deadwood-Season-2 (resized).jpg
There are 2,412 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 49.
#701 8 years ago

I think its Abraham too......but gonna be bummed out if it is him. Ive really enjoyed Abraham's character

#702 8 years ago

Too bad they didn't have any RPG's left for one of those roadblocks ...

#703 8 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

But alas, I doubt we will see that scene. Instead we will see Abraham taking Lucille as well as any other human could have possibly done.

Reminds me of Sons of Anarchy, when Opie is clubbed to death inside prison while his crew watches helplessly.

#704 8 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

I think its Abraham too......but gonna be bummed out if it is him. Ive really enjoyed Abraham's character

Yeah Abraham is a bad ass, would hate to see him go.

#705 8 years ago

Is it bad that I want Carl to die more than ANY other character? Or at LEAST lose the stupid hat and get a haircut?

Carol is the other character on the top of my death wish list.... I literally cringe when either are on screen....

#706 8 years ago

Boy talk about a letdown. Is it better to have Fear TWD or simply have nothing until the real TWD returns?

At least there are a couple of episodes of Billions and Better Call Saul left. Not to mention Banshee is just cranking up and GOT is just around the corner.

#707 8 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

episodes of Billions and Better Call Saul left

Better Call Saul is great, never watched Billions. If you have Amazon Prime, Mad Dogs is great--just a 1 season show though

#708 8 years ago

Im going to stay optimistic about FTWD. Strand and druggy kid more tolerable tonight. Hopefully, things start getting intense.

#709 8 years ago

Eh, kid wants to kill himself and you don't care. I guess they figured if worked for Beth in the farmhouse it would work for this show.

#710 8 years ago

The yacht seems to have received an upgrade. No worse than the Walking Dead Finale....

#711 8 years ago

I didn't watch FTWD. Based on the lukewarm responses I've read online I will be bowing out of that series.

See you guys in season 7 of TWD!

#712 8 years ago

I stopped with FTWD a few episodes into season 1.

I'm not sure I can explain it well, but the cast and characters just didn't do it for me.

Seemed like such an interesting time-frame to explore (the period right after the outbreak/infection), but where TWD had me hooked after the first few minutes, FTWD had me watching the clock wondering when each episode would be over.

#713 8 years ago

Puh-lease! That final scene of the episode with the sons jumping in the water, and they just happen to float into a shot up boat with all kinds of zombies floating in the water, WTH? So are they going to call them "swimmers" instead of walkers? Why would zombies float? Their lungs would be full of water and unless they are actually swimming on the surface trying to stay afloat it's just stupid. Seems a little early for everyone at sea to have gone "Mad Max" too. Not too impressive for the first episode of season two.

#714 8 years ago

Exactly what he said....^^^........Joey

#715 8 years ago

I only watched the first season to see the crack head kid get eaten and that didn't happen, come on Game of Thrones.

#716 8 years ago

I'm hoping FTWD gets better....6 months is a loooong time to wait for TWD. It's nice to have filler in between....

#717 8 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

Seems a little early for everyone at sea to have gone "Mad Max" too.

Never visited SoCal huh?

#718 8 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

I'm hoping FTWD gets better....6 months is a loooong time to wait for TWD. It's nice to have filler in between....

There's better fillers....

Banshee for example.

Actually, sometimes I feel like TWD is "filler" for the new season of banshee....

#719 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Banshee for example.
Actually, sometimes I feel like TWD is "filler" for the new season of banshee....

I don't currently have Skinamax, but I see that season one is available on Amazon Prime. Man, there are so many good shows to watch, and not enough time.

#720 8 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

It's nice to have filler in between....

The Walking Dead comic books.

#721 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Banshee for example.

Banshee? I will check it out...

#722 8 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Banshee? I will check it out...

You bet you should.

Seen FTWD season 2 first episode a day after watching TWD season's finale... the comparison is painful for FTWD.
I still cannot relate with any of the characters in FTWD. Won't probably continue watching for long.

#723 8 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

the comparison is painful for FTWD.

Some big shoes to fill.

On the other hand you figure during a zombie apocalypse everyone in the entire world is effected. I say this because it gives producers/directors/writers absolute freedom to come up with an interesting group of people in a unique scenario anywhere in the world. You could literally have had dozens of writers each submit a dozen ideas for how the first three seasons should go and somewhere in there find a really cool take on things and a really great show. Instead FTWD appears to be written by absolute morons who have never lived in the real world outside hollywood and couldn't think their way out of a paper bag in a survival situation. They have taken a dream opportunity for a blockbuster TV show and blown it in a way than can only be described as an epic failure.

And yet still I watch it. I suppose it can only get better. Or maybe I should say it could not get any worse?

#724 8 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

I don't currently have Skinamax, but I see that season one is available on Amazon Prime. Man, there are so many good shows to watch, and not enough time.

If you enjoy sex and violence, it's a must watch.

#725 8 years ago

I'd really like to watch FTWD, but it's just so damn bad. It's just so damn melodramatic. I hate the lead woman, she's horribly insufferable.

I usually browse pinside or something else while watching. I keep hoping something interesting is going to happen, but it just never does. I thought this show had some great potential, but I think they rushed through the first days of the outbreak too quickly, and with characters no one cares about.

It would have been interesting to see something about the guy at the CDC. How things evolved from there. Or maybe something where they could see the outbreak happening in other places so we could have gotten more of a news angle on it - people prepping, panicking.. then have that damn plane go down in the middle of the city to start season 2.

I'm just riffing. I'm not a writer, but I came up with either of those in just a couple of minutes. We want to know more about what happened on a global scale, so to isolate us in LA is just a huge mistake in my opinion.

#726 8 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I usually browse pinside or something else while watching. I keep hoping something interesting is going to happen, but it just never does.

You mean: On Pinside, or on FTWD?

#727 8 years ago

I'd really like to watch FTWD, but it's just so damn bad. It's just so damn melodramatic. I hate the lead woman, she's horribly insufferable.
I usually browse pinside or something else while watching. I keep hoping something interesting is going to happen, but it just never does. I thought this show had some great potential, but I think they rushed through the first days of the outbreak too quickly, and with characters no one cares about.
It would have been interesting to see something about the guy at the CDC. How things evolved from there. Or maybe something where they could see the outbreak happening in other places so we could have gotten more of a news angle on it - people prepping, panicking.. then have that damn plane go down in the middle of the city to start season 2.
I'm just riffing. I'm not a writer, but I came up with either of those in just a couple of minutes. We want to know more about what happened on a global scale, so to isolate us in LA is just a huge mistake in my opinion.

I so agree. No one cares about these people is the first thing. I get the rushing in the beginning, they want to show how it happened fast and caught everyone off guard. But an event happening fast does not mean zero to apocalypse in a couple of 1 hour shows. All they seemed to want to do was make the military out to be a bunch of bad guys who get off on hurting civilians.

Interesting idea. I would have liked to see scientists scrambling with the problem rather than were is poor drug kid going to get his next fix from.

#728 8 years ago

Anyone else try getting into zNation?

I've watched maybe 2 or 3 episodes... not quite hooked.

#729 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

I did season 1 and it was a tough start but I got to like it. Season 2 goes totally off the wall and is, uh, an acquired taste.

#730 8 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

I did season 1 and it was a tough start but I got to like it. Season 2 goes totally off the wall and is, uh, an acquired taste.

ugh... that sounds like code for "bad"

I really love the post-apocalyptic theme for movies & books, but there's precious few tv shows on the subject.

1. TWD
2. Jericho (my all-time favorite)
3. The Stand
4. Revolution

and then some that are way more sc-fi
4. The 100
5. Falling Skies

#731 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

ugh... that sounds like code for "bad"
I really love the post-apocalyptic theme for movies & books, but there's precious few tv shows on the subject.
1. TWD
2. Jericho (my all-time favorite)
3. The Stand
4. Revolution
and then some that are way more sc-fi
4. The 100
5. Falling Skies

Well, season 2 gets into Zombie weed and other strangeness.

TWD - Well, that's why were here.
I never knew anyone else who even saw Jericho. Good show and completed fine. Didn't go to long or leave you on cliff hanger.
The Stand, you can't hear Blue Oyster Cult without thinking about that show now
Have not watched Revolution or the 100.
Falling Skies gave me too much of the cheap Sci-Fi vibe. Like they didn't expect it to go another season and just made it up as they went along.

I have caught some of Dominion and would not mind seeing that from the start.

#732 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Love it! It gets better, campier, and ruthless.....Damn Fun!

#733 8 years ago

I got into this last year on Netflix (here in Canada-land it comes out episode by episode the day after airing in the US - only way to watch it legally here afaik) and I was admittedly 100% ready to hate all over it...

It is in fact one of the better apocalyptic/sci-fi shows going right now. My ONLY gripe is it does touch on the whole young-adult/hunger games/'teenagers can do anything' genre a bit heavily in the earlier episodes, but it's never insufferable enough to overshadow the more compelling plot lines.

#734 8 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

I so agree. No one cares about these people is the first thing. I get the rushing in the beginning, they want to show how it happened fast and caught everyone off guard. But an event happening fast does not mean zero to apocalypse in a couple of 1 hour shows.

They just could not afford to show the Zombie apocalypse unfold, it's as simple as that. FTWD was done on the cheap, and that doesn't allow for the huge global collapse of society extravaganza that everybody wanted to see.

Not an editorial decision, a budget decision.

#735 8 years ago

Half an hour after FTWD has aired, and there isn't a peep on this thread. That's pretty telling.

This episode nearly put me to sleep. Too much talk, and nothing really got done plot-wise in the entire hour.

This show sucks.

#736 8 years ago

Having a bad night, my friend? I thought it was better then last week....but left feeling we will see a season on a boat going place to place.

#737 8 years ago

After last week's episode, I was thinking this episode would be more intense....so disappointed tonight. Im tired of the teenage kid drama bs. Like an idiot....i will keep watching.....hoping it gets intense.

#738 8 years ago

I just kinda figure what the hell else am I going to watch? It's entertaining enough until GOT starts.

#739 8 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Having a bad night, my friend? I thought it was better then last week....but left feeling we will see a season on a boat going place to place.

No...I just always find myself doing something else while it's on because it just moves WAY too slow. And I don't care about any of the characters.

Quoted from mcluvin:

I just kinda figure what the hell else am I going to watch? It's entertaining enough until GOT starts.

Well, then you don't have to watch it anymore.

#740 8 years ago

You are right, the characters are still weak, and its way time for the son to go.

In writing the show, It pains that they forget we "know whats next"
So floaters are cool, but for how long?

Do we care if all the characters go?

#741 8 years ago

They all still do such dumb stuff. Only thing interesting that came out of the episode is what Strand (?) is working towards.

#742 8 years ago

Agree this episode sucked besides the daughter eating her mom. The only reason I could see them going to this island was because they were going to pick up another character. The kid with the rifle would have been cool but nope...perhaps we will see the dad or kids later? If not, total waste of an episode.

#743 8 years ago

I have some questions from Fear the Walking Dead last night:

-Were those pills the mother's MS pills or actual suicide pills?
-What happened to the survivalist dad, did the mom kill him?
-Did the survivalist dad actually tell Travis to take the little kid when he was tending to his wife, or did Travis and Madison just take him (and lie when confronted by the other son)?

#744 8 years ago

They certainly seem like they were jonestown pills.

No idea about the dad... But the wife got past him somehow.

I don't remember the dad saying to Travis to take the young boy, but he was yelling for Travis to get out of the room..

#745 8 years ago

I keep forgetting we are supposed to care about these people. I am so rooting for the zombies.

I go to bed right after the show. Every once and a while the Talking Dead will come on afterwards and when you see whose on I watch for a few minutes. When they said "... who plays Madison" it goes click-off and to bed. If it said Maggie / Lauren Cohan you want to watch.

The only people you find half interesting are Strand and Salazar. The main family Madison, Travis and their kids just suck. The kids - Nick we want dead, Chris wants to kill himself and we don't care, Alicia is stupid and yes, I had to look up the names.

I have a feeling any main characters getting killed on this show are because their lawyers got them out of their contracts.

#746 8 years ago

Thanks for the recap of last night's episode. Based on the previous posts I'm not investing any more time in this show. Time to cancel the season pass and start watching Banshee.

#747 8 years ago

It really seems like they took that pill popping PSA and said "how can we make this into a full episode?" Somehow though, I care more about the people in the commercial.

They also said that this just got picked up for a 3rd season. That's pretty crazy to me... I'm still watching, so I guess I'm part of the problem. I think I'll let a few episodes build up for a rainy day now that GOT is back.

#748 8 years ago

I'm still watching, so I guess I'm part of the problem.

Unless you're a Nielsen family, you have nothing to do with the problem. Watch away, if you dare.

#749 8 years ago

I gave it one more week and Im out, so come on Game of Thrones.

#750 8 years ago

Game of thrones next Sunday!!

There are 2,412 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 49.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fear-the-walking-dead-starts-tonight/page/15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.