(Topic ID: 136745)

The Walking Dead , Fear TWD, NO Comic Book Spoilers! Show Discussion......

By OLDPINGUY

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,412 posts
  • 173 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by miracleman
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

corey-hawkins-as-heath-the-walking-dead (resized).jpg
wall falls 2 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
giphy.gif
TVSHOWS (resized).png
CD0ACFA4-F349-43D7-9B87-291D2CCCBF10 (resized).jpeg
DTS19NHX0AAC6Ii (resized).png
vlcsnap-2018-10-08-00h10m09s275 (resized).png
IMG_3933 (resized).jpeg
54E1E698-185E-46FC-ABF4-97939B92A8E7 (resized).jpeg
the-walking-dead-s9-poster (resized).jpg
901782DC-EAD0-4BB1-A655-281B315D1F98 (resized).jpeg
remote (resized).jpg
Kim-Dickens-as-Joanie-Stubbs-in-Deadwood-Season-2 (resized).jpg
There are 2,412 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 49.
#551 8 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Try "Z-Nation"...oh boy do they evolve!

Check. Just added 2 seasons to netflix instant.

#552 8 years ago

Thanks for indulging me....youll either love it or hate it after a few episodes....They Grow Z weed....Weed grown in composting Zombies!
...and Blasters!

#553 8 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Try "Z-Nation"...oh boy do they evolve!
Sarcastic, tongue-cheek sometimes, version of TWD!
Even a mutated Messiah Zombie Baby was born in a Manger!

Several people have told me this is really good and I've been meaning to check it out. From the commercials I've seen it reminds me of Zombieland a bit. Just so many damn shows to keep up with and so little time...

#554 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

they stopped making her wear Lara Croft outfits for some reason...

No good reason.....

#555 8 years ago

Link removed

#557 8 years ago

Damn, they took it down...but man the finale looks intense....

#558 8 years ago

Wow! Tonight's episode ended with enough juice to kick the finale into high gear.

Huge Spoilers about to be discussed.

You have been warned!

Daryl getting shot by Dwight has to be the biggest WTF moment this season.

I have a hunch Daryl is alive, but mortally wounded.

Negan shows up next week in the Finale.

Next Sunday cannot get here soon enough!!

Marcus

#559 8 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

Wow! Tonight's episode ended with enough juice to kick the finale into high gear.
Huge Spoilers about to be discussed.
You have been warned!
Daryl getting shot by Dwight has to be the biggest WTF moment this season.
I have a hunch Daryl is alive, but mortally wounded.
Negan shows up next week in the Finale.
Next Sunday cannot get here soon enough!!
Marcus

It might have been Rosita that was shot.

#560 8 years ago

On Talking Dead, they said that it was definitely Daryl that got shot.

Watch for Riot's

#561 8 years ago

We replayed the ending a few times.....doesnt look good. Next week will be intense fo sho

#562 8 years ago

shot in shoulder so he can't use his arm

#563 8 years ago

He is a bad ass, so expect him to shoot a rocket launcher from the hip with one hand.

#564 8 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

He is a bad ass

he had a brain fart in his uber redneck tracking skills "somehow"...

#565 8 years ago

Yeah, i really didn't care for the fact that it was apparently so easy for Dwight to sneak up on Daryl. Pretty sure he's still alive at least for now though. Even if they do kill him off, it definitely won't be in that crappy of a way.

#566 8 years ago
Quoted from nman:

Yeah, i really didn't care for the fact that it was apparently so easy for Dwight to sneak up on Daryl. Pretty sure he's still alive at least for now though. Even if they do kill him off, it definitely won't be in that crappy of a way.

Exactly, you would think Daryl would have been more cautious....Daryl seems a lot more seasoned than Dwight. There better be a badass killing of Dwight.

#567 8 years ago

I wonder if Daryl will get the walker treatment?

#569 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

he had a brain fart in his uber redneck tracking skills "somehow"...

That's what I was thinking. How is it these guys happen to encircle people silently all the time?

#570 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm not buying that.
You already watched SIX episodes, and you are gonna watch more, yet you are threatening to not watch it anymore?
I find that hard to believe.

Six episodes is nothing - not even half a season of a full fledged 13 episode season run. I've abandoned shows after far more commitment than a measly six episodes. Six episode commitment = lifetime viewer for you? I find that hard to believe.

If it was confirmed to me right now in an advance review that this season of FTWD will be exactly the same crap as those six episodes I won't even threaten - Ill tell you right now I won't tune in even to the premiere.

#571 8 years ago

Interested to see who dies next week. I feel like Carol OR Darryl is inevitably done for, but Carol's plot kinda went a different way this week than I anticipated. Glen is probably safe as long as there is a dumpster nearby

I also feel like there will be a casualty in the Abraham love triangle... could just be a guilty hope tho.

Can't wait to finally see what this Negan character is all about. Been hearing about him for years - hope he delivers.

#572 8 years ago

Daryl better be fucking dead.

This season has had enough "fake outs."

We all love him but really the character has kind of run its course. He's a worthy sacrifice in a season that has seen countless nobodies killed off to no great effect.

#573 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

We all love him but really the character has kind of run its course. He's a worthy sacrifice in a season that has seen countless nobodies killed off to no great effect.

Yeah he probably has it coming to him for his mess up, maybe Jesus will save the day, he kind of just dIsappeared.

#574 8 years ago

Im aggravated they felt the need to completely compromise Alexandria security to go after stupid Carol.... someone deserves to get shot for that stupidity.

ALMOST as tactically stupid as letting the ONLY doctor (who has no survival skills whatsoever) go out on a whim...and get killed.

I'm starting to feel like these people are too stupid to survive much longer....

They keep choosing ridiculous locations to defend and then seem surprised when they can't stay..... sigh.

#575 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I definitely don't think he is yet - they seemed to add the "He'll be fine" line after the fade to black probably because of all the crappy cliffhanger "deaths". Next week might result in his death though; it looked like Darryl was bait next week in the preview, and based on what the character seems to be about, I'm guessing Negan is looking to "make an example" of someone.

Quoted from lowepg:

I'm starting to feel like these people are too stupid to survive much longer....

I'm not sure if this is intentional or just sloppy storytelling - Rick has seemingly been on a bit of a 'humanizing' or 'complacency' journey as far as leadership goes and it's resulted in a ton of bad decisions throughout Alexandria. I tend to lean towards poor story telling though since they haven't really made a 'thing' about it (unlike with carol) and he still tends to act as needed when he's directly involved (shooting wolves, stabbing Hilltop guy, shooting at a runaway this week)

#576 8 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Can't wait to finally see what this Negan character is all about. Been hearing about him for years - hope he delivers.

I think the fact that this program is on AMC will not help Negan's character. If this show was on HBO.. Watch the fuckidy fuck out!

#577 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Why would Daryl be dead? The guy holds the gun to his shoulder and the camera gets sprayed with blood. But as it was fading out you hear him say something like - He'll be alright or he'll live or something. If was obviously just to hurt him for fun.

#578 8 years ago

Daryl isn't dead...they wouldn't kill him in such a lame way. Hopefully Michonne gets hit with a ricochet from his shoulder...so we can stop seeing Rick slobber on her shoulder in the morning.

#579 8 years ago

I just wish they'd wake the fuck up and stop trying to defend these little towns.

Here's an idea:

Pack up your shit and go and a nice spacious ISLAND....

Walls? Don't need 'em, you've got a natural barrier.
Food? Grow all you want, and um, feel free to throw a line in the readily available WATER and do some fishing.
Transportation? Lots of choices, cars, sure, but also boats.

So, you find a nice island (let's say, Hilton Head for a local example):
1. You only need to barricade the bridge (or event destry it if you REALLY want to be sure) as its the ONLY way on for walkers.
2. You now systematically clear the island of any stragglers that were already there
3. You now kick back and enjoy a far safer and roomier environment.

#580 8 years ago

Figure 8 island

#581 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

hordes...the hordes prevent long distance group travel...that's the way they presented it in the past at least.

#582 8 years ago

Also and island cuts off their own access to supplies and escape. No more medicine (remember getting sick in the prison), canned food, gasoline, ammo . . . These guys just started planting food. They are trading since the supplies have run low and are still raiding vending machines. Escaping the walkers has moved down a few pegs on the list of things to worry about.

#583 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

For what it's worth, it looks like FTWD is heading towards this 'at sea' idea. At least, the finale suggested it, and the previews seem to indicate that direction.

#584 8 years ago

For what it's worth, it looks like FTWD is heading towards this 'at sea' idea. At least, the finale suggested it, and the previews seem to indicate that direction.

the previews make it look like it doesn't go well either...maybe the writers got tired of the "find an island" solution

#585 8 years ago
Quoted from Fresh_Wax:

I think the fact that this program is on AMC will not help Negan's character. If this show was on HBO.. Watch the fuckidy fuck out!

Without knowing exactly what this character is all about, I've heard the Blu-ray will feature a less restrained cut of his debut. They've done this a couple times I think in TWD where they put in F-bombs on the home release in place of less 'offensive' verbage from the aired version. No clue if that makes it's way into the Netflix version which would be the only home version I'd tap into.

I do find it a bit odd that we can have peoples faces, guts, and limbs literally eaten/smashed/cut off on screen, but a few F-bombs is beyond AMC. Put a special disclaimer before the episode on excessive profane language and let er' rip I say!

#586 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

the previews make it look like it doesn't go well either...maybe the writers got tired of the "find an island" solution

The problem with these types of solutions in any form of entertainment is that if they are really such a great idea, there's no story left to tell.
If they decide to try this 'easy street' solution there will always have to be some way it goes wrong - usually by people doing stupid shit to ruin it - which fits right into the horrible FTWD character behaviour frankly.

#587 8 years ago

The problem with these types of solutions in any form of entertainment is that if they are really such a great idea, there's no story left to tell.
If they decide to try this 'easy street' solution there will always have to be some way it goes wrong - usually by people doing stupid shit to ruin it - which fits right into the horrible FTWD character behaviour frankly.

lol- you're absolutely right.... its just the survivalist in me that wants to SCREAM at the way the story unfolds and the poor choices...

Example:
why the fuck are they still using SCREWDRIVERS to (re)kill the walkers?
Can you find a WORSE way to put yourself within biting distance?

It's one thing when their in close quarters, but for chrissake, when you're out on the open use a spear??!?!?!

Instead of, "hmmm, one scratch and Im dead, I know, let me get within 6" of this things mouth to kill it"

And don't get me started on the guns....

For walkers? forget the damn Ar15's. How about a .22 with a suppressor. I mean, they portray their skulls as being near mush- it doesnt take a high powered (and LOUD) rifle to take them down...

#588 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

it doesnt take a high powered (and LOUD) rifle to take them down...

you can just hit them with a staff apparently...Morgan does it all the time with zero head "penetration"

#589 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

you can just hit them with a staff apparently...Morgan does it all the time with zero head "penetration"

Yeah, I noticed that.... It looked like their heads snapped around from the blow. So, perhaps now you can kill them by snapping their necks?

Actually, strike that.

If i recall correctly- Shane killed Randall way-back-when by snapping his neck and he still turned (they had commented about not seeing any bite marks).

So, that would seem to create some continuity issue with snapping the spinal cord as neutralizing a walker.....

#590 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

snapping their necks?

I guess...yet sometimes they find just heads chomping away, no body. I thought it was brain stem that had to be stabbed...they need to tighten that up and maybe have some more "close calls" when stabbing walkers

#591 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

It's one thing when their in close quarters, but for chrissake, when you're out on the open use a spear??!?!?!

This is exactly what my brother harps on and there's no excuse.
You built a wall, you can stand on the wall, make ONE spear ---> you literally just killed 100% of the zombies at your wall over the course of the next ~45 minutes.

Although the hilltops and saviors seem to carry spears as of last episode... and Alexandrians put spears on vehicles now which makes NO sense.... why on earth would you want the zombie you hit to stick with you?!

In a real zombie apocalypse (with these shambling non-running zombies) a spear/polearm/halberd would be your go to weapon, with firearms restricted to killing other humans unless absolutely necessary to use on zombies.

#592 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I think the 'theory' is that the blunt force trauma to their mush brain/skull kills them.

It's BS imo which is another reason I hate Morgan - another character that was hyped up over a couple seasons, who then showed up and proceeded to be a huge obstacle and not much else. Plot wise, what purpose does he even serve? Aside from 'omg he was in the first episode' he has contributed nothing but proof he isn't a fit in the show/universe... even his speech about how the Wolf he captured saved Denise so 'people can change' is such shit - the only reason she needed saving was directly due to Morgan's selfish and unrealistic actions (twice!) and it's debateable if he did it for himself or not.

Would be interesting to see Negan deal with Morgan and vice versa - Negan seems to be a fan of hitting things with sticks too

#593 8 years ago

Plot wise, what purpose does he even serve? Aside from 'omg he was in the first episode' he has contributed nothing but proof he isn't a fit in the show/universe...

He will be the catalyst for the shift in Rick's behavior... Moving towards reestablishing a society and system of order beyond just killing.

#594 8 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

He will be the catalyst for the shift in Rick's behavior... Moving towards reestablishing a society and system of order beyond just killing.

Without knowing anything about the plotline in the comics, I feel like Negan is about to prove Rick correct and make sure society and order is the last thing on the group's mind... If anything I feel like it's more likely Morgan will be forced to realize what might be required in this new world.

Despite the few issues over this season it has kept me entertained better than some seasons past - at least stuff is happening and I'm compelled to be interested in how it turns out.

#595 8 years ago

and Alexandrians put spears on vehicles now which makes NO sense.... why on earth would you want the zombie you hit to stick with you?!

Yep, that's exactly what i thought when i saw that car. I had a mental image of having to stop every few miles to dispatch a bunch of skewered zombies.

Of course, since they already have magic gas that never goes bad, I'm not even going to address the effect on gas mileage that adding hundreds of pounds of non-aerodynamic poles and zombies would have when fuel efficiency should be of paramount importance

#596 8 years ago

Without knowing anything about the plotline in the comics, I feel like Negan is about to prove Rick correct and make sure society and order is the last thing on the group's mind... If anything I feel like it's more likely Morgan will be forced to realize what might be required in this new world.
Despite the few issues over this season it has kept me entertained better than some seasons past - at least stuff is happening and I'm compelled to be interested in how it turns out.

<temporary edit by moderator - comic book spoiler removed>

#597 8 years ago

Okay folks, this is your thread, and I don't really pay attention to it at all. However, since it popped up in the abuse reports, I'm here to ask a few questions:

I need a consensus on how you want to handle comic book spoilers.

- Nobody cares, and it is allowed?
- Not allowed, but just have the post edited?
- Not allowed, post should be edited and user ejected. (24 hours for first offense, 5 days for second, permanent thread eject for third).

I don't really care one way or the other...and I don't want to get in your way at all. You guys pretty much have your own "norms" established in this conversation, and I'm just doing my best to help out...if needed.

- Are there any other norms that need to be "enforced"?

Also, I don't really want to derail this thread, so PM me directly with your opinions/vote. Before the week is out, I should be able to get you an update. For now, I'm editing out comic book spoilers.

Again...I do not frequent this thread. If someone is trampling on some agreed upon norms, contact me directly and I'll do my best to help out (if possible).

Thanks, and sorry for the interruption.
Pete

#598 8 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Okay folks, this is your thread, and I don't really pay attention to it at all. However, since it popped up in the abuse reports, I'm here to ask a few questions:
- Not allowed, post should be edited and user ejected. (24 hours for first offense, 5 days for second, permanent thread eject for third).
I don't really care one way or the other...and I don't want to get in your way at all. You guys pretty much have your own "norms" established in this conversation, and I'm just doing my best to help out...if needed.
Also, I don't really want to derail this thread, so PM me directly with your opinions/vote. Before the week is out, I should be able to get you an update. For now, I'm editing out comic book spoilers.
Again...I do not frequent this thread. If someone is trampling on some agreed upon norms, contact me directly and I'll do my best to help out (if possible).
Pete

My only $0.02 is if we don't want comic spoilers, violating it should be stronger than a warning or 24hr eject.... it should be a perm eject.- perhaps even some sort of physical punishment.... or mental punishment, for instance, forcing them to buy tickets to the new ghostbusters movie...

#599 8 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Pete

The ironic thing is I mentioned the contents of my edited post with good intentions to assuage Purpledrilmonkey that my earlier response wasn't a TV spoiler from the comic (due to different plot progressions in the comic).

#600 8 years ago

I don't want to heard anything about the comic. I try and skip when someone say comic or spoiler. Please go start a Walking Dead comic thread. I was getting ready to start skipping the thread because I do hate when things get spoiled. I read the thread only after I catch up on the show.

I wish there didn't have to be punishment and just common courtesy to people discussing a show they all like, but some people don't read or care about what other people are asking. So I go with lowepg, send them to GB3.

There are 2,412 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 49.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fear-the-walking-dead-starts-tonight/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.