(Topic ID: 136745)

The Walking Dead , Fear TWD, NO Comic Book Spoilers! Show Discussion......

By OLDPINGUY

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,412 posts
  • 173 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by miracleman
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

corey-hawkins-as-heath-the-walking-dead (resized).jpg
wall falls 2 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
giphy.gif
TVSHOWS (resized).png
CD0ACFA4-F349-43D7-9B87-291D2CCCBF10 (resized).jpeg
DTS19NHX0AAC6Ii (resized).png
vlcsnap-2018-10-08-00h10m09s275 (resized).png
IMG_3933 (resized).jpeg
54E1E698-185E-46FC-ABF4-97939B92A8E7 (resized).jpeg
the-walking-dead-s9-poster (resized).jpg
901782DC-EAD0-4BB1-A655-281B315D1F98 (resized).jpeg
remote (resized).jpg
Kim-Dickens-as-Joanie-Stubbs-in-Deadwood-Season-2 (resized).jpg
There are 2,412 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 49.
#501 8 years ago

Time has passed now at Alexandria. I think this has made Carol's character a little softer....and she feels the need to play mom to all. She has had time to digest her actions....and obviously she is having remorse about killing. I love her character....worried they will kill her off. Love the Talking Dead btw...they do a great job of pointing out key things I missed in the story.

#502 8 years ago

The reversal of position...Carol and Maggie being told "they are the bad guys", along
with the introspective views of Carol, her Maternal Instincts, made brilliant writing
for me in this episode.
An emotional rollercoaster ride that succeeded...adding "we are all Negan" to the mix.

#503 8 years ago

The more I think about it the more I think Carol is going to die this season finale. Someone pretty much always has to go and her death would hit hard, and could probably conclude her actions and remorse in some sort of redemptive way. Saving Maggie's baby seems to be the likely trade there.

Still a shame imo. She's by far the second best character in the series imo....

#504 8 years ago

Oh, I hope not...but good call.

Does she die in the comics?

#505 8 years ago

NO COMIC SPOILERS PLEASE

Carol didn't want to kill the other woman because she realized she came from the same roots as her. And even lost 4 daughters. So there by the grace of God go I. But she pulled a trigger to the side of the other girls head without hesitation and set a bunch of people on fire.

#506 8 years ago

thank goodness obese cancer woman bought it...she was more gross than most walkers.

#507 8 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

The more I think about it the more I think Carol is going to die this season finale. Someone pretty much always has to go and her death would hit hard, and could probably conclude her actions and remorse in some sort of redemptive way. Saving Maggie's baby seems to be the likely trade there.
Still a shame imo. She's by far the second best character in the series imo....

I was thinking the same. With a few exceptions, it seems like whenever a character starts to become more introspective or really develops a conscience, they're probably next on the chopping block. Also, she's a suitable proxy for <other major character who dies around this time in the comics> if the show runners decide to change it up a bit.

#508 8 years ago

Is it me or are they getting lazy on the Zombie kills. Half the time they are simply shanking the side of their necks it looks like. I mean Herschel's decapitated head still turned.

#509 8 years ago

Just came across this bit about the season finale. Almost certainly complete BS, but interesting nonetheless.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/the-most-ridiculous-rumor-youll-ever-hear-about-the-wal-1765638001

Warning: minor spoilers from the comic.

#510 8 years ago

Regardless what happens, one thing I hope they don't do is trivialize all this Negan/Saviors stuff in the next season. They spent like what 1-1.5 entire seasons hyping Terminus, left it on a great cliffhanger, introduced a very compelling villain in Gareth at the start of the next season, then resolved Terminus in like one episode, and concluded Gareth after like 3 or 4. Was very disappointed at that.

We've now spent half a season building to Negan (and with limited knowledge of the comics the hype of Negan from the comic fans has ALWAYS been high) so I sure hope it can deliver a good solid plot arc next season that lasts more than the premiere and a follow up episode.

Looking back on this season I feel like the show needs something to anchor it a bit more, and it's been the lack of a true villain that has held it back imo. The wolves, the saviors, zombies, these are lately all just fodder for chaos and conflict and are mostly interchangeable in my mind (especially since I know exactly zero names as they are almost all immediately dealt with in any given incident).

I think we need a longer lasting Governor/Gareth/Negan type character to really focus a plot line and bring some storytelling to the antagonists. Otherwise its just an endless revolving door of 'oh we're being attacked by _________ today".

#511 8 years ago

longer lasting Governor

Carl goes rogue and starts his own community

#512 8 years ago

It's like they are reading my mind when they decide which characters to kill!

#513 8 years ago

I couldnt agree more. Negan/Villian, needs to counter the Personal issues, to avoid becoming a Zombie Soap Opera.
Even allowing a new "hero", that lasts, to offset the "villian" would allow a fresh take on perspective.
Sure, we care about our gang of survivors, but where early on it was about finding and keeping a safe place, but also what was important to new characters.....what did Herschel want, what did the governor want....
We saw this last night with what the Doctor wanted, until she received a new body piercing. We see that Eugene wants
his independence, Morgan, a safe room. Carol???? I enjoyed when they met others that were in need of medicine, or had other goals or needs. That pursuit, something new, along with an antagonist, is what to me, makes the suspense from interaction real to me.
I felt this with Terminus, Gov, and Herschel, and a bit here in the last 2 seasons, but find the killing off to be maybe a bit too soon.

It does look, however, that Fear the walking dead, may be drastically improved, and catch my attention better in the 2nd season, by the previews.

#514 8 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

It does look, however, that Fear the walking dead, may be drastically improved, and catch my attention better in the 2nd season, by the previews.

you are just being lured in by Zombie air disasters

#515 8 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

It does look, however, that Fear the walking dead, may be drastically improved, and catch my attention better in the 2nd season, by the previews

The #1 issue I had with FTWD was that 100% of the characters started off essentially unlikeable and then continued to make dumb moves that made me dislike them more.

If they somehow manage to correct that in an episode or two I might get into it, but as it stands FTWD is not something I will watch much past a couple more episodes at this point.

#516 8 years ago

Does ANYONE actually care about Abraham/Sasha/Rosita like, at all? I've hated Abraham and his tryhard-tough-but-ineffective facade since he was introduced, Sasha is just frustratingly moody and inept when the show requires it, and Rosita is literally pointless. The new character Jesus is 100x better written and more interesting than these other 3 combined even after seasons of exposure...

Am I just not invested in large aspects of the series anymore or are these just painfully annoying and pointless characters?

#517 8 years ago

Does ANYONE actually care about Abraham/Sasha/Rosita like, at all? I've hated Abraham and his tryhard-tough-but-ineffective facade since he was introduced, Sasha is just frustratingly moody and inept when the show requires it, and Rosita is literally pointless. The new character Jesus is 100x better written and more interesting than these other 3 combined even after seasons of exposure...

You have to have some boring characters or else everybody will be over-the-top...tough guy sheriff, samurai lady, redneck tracker etc. You need some filler around them or else they are like the Avengers.

#518 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

You have to have some boring characters or else everybody will be over-the-top...tough guy sheriff, samurai lady, redneck tracker etc. You need some filler around them or else they are like the Avengers.

This, plus Abraham is hilarious.

#519 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

This, plus Abraham is hilarious.

So is Eugene, he was a riot on Talking dead last night!!

#520 8 years ago

Does ANYONE actually care about Abraham/Sasha/Rosita like, at all?

I care about Rosita

#521 8 years ago

I was just thinking how much I dislike that character when the arrow pierced her skull/eyeball and shut her up for good. I actually busted out laughing.

#522 8 years ago

That arrow takes out Abraham in the comics I believe

#523 8 years ago

Carol and Daryl are the only characters I'd miss at this point. They're both bad-asses with a soft side.

It seems like they're exploring the idea of "Rick's gang" as the bad guys for once. I think it will be short lived once they reveal the character played by Jeffery Dean Morgan (Negan).

negan_lucille-the-walking-dead-99-chance-negan-will-arrive_(resized).jpegnegan_lucille-the-walking-dead-99-chance-negan-will-arrive_(resized).jpeg

#524 8 years ago

I'll never understand why people want to spoil a good movie or TV show by reading the book/comic first. I don't give a damn about the comics and I wish people would quit posting spoilers in this thread.

#525 8 years ago

Yes enough with the spoilers...Now I know Negan is a lefty!

#526 8 years ago

Goodbye Carol (again!), don't let the gate hit your bony ass on the way out....

I won't miss her ONE bit.

Only character Id like to see more dead is Carl.... and that stupid over-sized hat.

#527 8 years ago

Wtf is going on with the whole Carol angle? I wonder if they go chase after her next week.....and someone dies

#528 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Fair enough and I do agree, but when parts of the show, or in this case almost the entire episode, specifically revolves around them it feels pretty forced to me.

#529 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Goodbye Carol (again!), don't let the gate hit your bony ass on the way out....

Quoted from Stones:

Wtf is going on with the whole Carol angle? I wonder if they go chase after her next week.....and someone dies

There's no way Carol survives this season imo - I would bet she gets captured (again) next episode, and eventually killed (possibly others as well) by Negan in the finale.

Man the Negan hype is huge - I honestly don't expect them to deliver on it just due to the unrealistic expectations I've built up over how 'bad' he is. For years I've been reading "Just wait until Negan...." and all season it's been "Negan is coming"... at this point killing Carol isn't even all that shocking or upsetting in the context of the show.

#530 8 years ago

In a way, Carol's story has been told. I agree, I think she will die....but imagine a couple more dying by season's end.

#531 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Carl.... and that stupid over-sized hat.

Hey, his head has grown into it since he aged abnormally fast!

#532 8 years ago
Quoted from nman:

I care about Rosita

they stopped making her wear Lara Croft outfits for some reason...

#533 8 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I'll never understand why people want to spoil a good movie or TV show by reading the book/comic first. I don't give a damn about the comics and I wish people would quit posting spoilers in this thread.

Darth Vader is Luke's father.

#534 8 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

Darth Vader is Luke's father.

Haha! That is the beauty of the Star Wars series. They've had all of the 9 stories held in secrecy from day one, so the movies were much more special. Also, they can change the storyline as they want from the original outline without a bunch of geeks complaining that the movie didn't follow the book.

#535 8 years ago

There are a lot of characters I can't stand, thankfully another one bit it in this last episode. I hated her emo-monologues and annoying battle with self doubt.

I agree with purpledrill - I could not care less about a love triangle between abraham and company. He's a caricature, and has some funny moments, but I watch the clock when they start focusing in on that topic.

Oh, and please don't be an asshole and post comic spoilers; this is the appropriately titled Walking dead SHOW discussion. If you want to talk comics, start a comic thread. I don't want to know what characters die in the comics, what villains may be coming up, or general story arcs.

#536 8 years ago

Wow...so that was one of those episodes where absolutely nothing makes sense and things are kind of stupid.

Can't really complain as that was the first stinker this half-season, and we are wrapping things up.

#537 8 years ago

The #1 issue I had with FTWD was that 100% of the characters started off essentially unlikeable and then continued to make dumb moves that made me dislike them more.
If they somehow manage to correct that in an episode or two I might get into it, but as it stands FTWD is not something I will watch much past a couple more episodes at this point.

I'm not buying that.

You already watched SIX episodes, and you are gonna watch more, yet you are threatening to not watch it anymore?

I find that hard to believe.

#538 8 years ago
Quoted from Fresh_Wax:

That arrow takes out Abraham in the comics I believe

The only thing this "spoils" for you is if you haven't read the comic book... It did not spoil anything about the show for you...

Now go wipe your tears little boy

#539 8 years ago

You know the comics are source material, right? Of course you do. So you're telling everyone on here (unsolicited) who dies in the comics. That means they could very well be on the chopping block. It may not happen exactly the same as it does in the comic, or maybe not even at all, but you pointing out that it did happen will have me watching for that much more closely, waiting for it.. so yes, you've spoiled it. And as you pointed out yourself, you've also spoiled the comic.

society_(resized).pngsociety_(resized).png

#540 8 years ago

arrow through the eye socket for spoilers

#541 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

arrow through the eye socket for spoilers

Or the ignore button for starters at least.

#542 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Wow...so that was one of those episodes where absolutely nothing makes sense and things are kind of stupid.
Can't really complain as that was the first stinker this half-season, and we are wrapping things up.

Yeah. Agree. MORE bad guys? Seems like this Alexandria region has become a haven for heavily armed bad-ass survivors.

So is Negan dead or alive? Is this latest band of dirtbags part of the Negan thing?

I'm confused. And no spoilers please. Just real douchey to post them.

#543 8 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

You know the comics are source material, right? Of course you do. So you're telling everyone on here (unsolicited) who dies in the comics. That means they could very well be on the chopping block. It may not happen exactly the same as it does in the comic, or maybe not even at all, but you pointing out that it did happen will have me watching for that much more closely, waiting for it.. so yes, you've spoiled it. And as you pointed out yourself, you've also spoiled the comic.

SPOILER_grande_(resized).jpgSPOILER_grande_(resized).jpg

#544 8 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Yeah. Agree. MORE bad guys? Seems like this Alexandria region has become a haven for heavily armed bad-ass survivors.
So is Negan dead or alive? Is this latest band of dirtbags part of the Negan thing?
I'm confused. And no spoilers please. Just real douchey to post them.

I don't read the comics, but Not sure how I can answer your questions without spoiling...so don't read ahead if you don't want answers or speculation to the specific questions you asked...

Negan is alive. They hired an actor - a good one, who isn't just gonna hang around for two episodes - to play him and we haven't seen him yet.

Seems most likely that group of people are part of the Negan thing. I'm sure most of the heavies from here on in will be. I'm sure Negan will be the entire next season. He's the latest Baddie Badington.

#545 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don't read the comics, but Not sure how I can answer your questions without spoiling...so don't read ahead if you don't want answers or speculation to the specific questions you asked...
Negan is alive. They hired an actor - a good one, who isn't just gonna hang around for two episodes - to play him and we haven't seen him yet.
Seems most likely that group of people are part of the Negan thing. I'm sure most of the heavies from here on in will be. I'm sure Negan will be the entire next season. He's the latest Baddie Badington.

Well, good then, I guess. Because the whole thing would just be kinda jumping the shark if these latest dungbags weren't associated with Negan. Whoever he is. Hopefully not some mad max cartoon.

Somebody already spoiled the part about the actor, so that was already out there. Primo certainly wasn't Negan. Interested in the "We are all Negan" comment. Thought Negan might be an acronym.

But the show needs a new twist on the current formula to stay special IMO. I'm growing weary of the "we've got to stop these bad guys" plots. First the Wolves, now Negan. OK. But what else is there? Hopefully some writer will get a big raise coming up with the next great plot line for TWD.

I do dig Jesus. Want to see more of his nifty tricksies in the forthcoming episodes.

#546 8 years ago

I'm growing weary of the "we've got to stop these bad guys" plots. First the Wolves, now Negan. OK. But what else is there?

People wearing dead skin to look like zombies perhaps?

#547 8 years ago

maybe the virus should evolve

#548 8 years ago

or steal a star trek borg plot and have a sentient walker that lives among them..."hey Ralph, how's it going?", "more body parts fell off today", "cool, I'll stop by later for a drink"

#549 8 years ago

But what else is there?

They are trying to keep things constantly evolving and from the perspective of every day people. For that reason you basically get a string of groups of good people holed up in a gated communitee/farm or gangs of bad people who look like bikers that rape and pillage. In a real world zombie apocolypse, military bases would be strong holds that would not fall. They have nasty fences, weapons stashes, food, fuel, tanks, soldiers, etc, etc. Even the Babe Ruth of preppers would be totaly outclassed by the smallest stockroom at any military base.

So its much more convenient for Rick and company to take on these small bands of bad guys ad nausea than face the idea that by now the average roaming walkers would have all been wiped out by the army and the other survivers. At this point the world would be returning from chaos to some sense of normalcy only with a lot less people. Those surviving people would know what to do when someone is sick or dying and unruly groups of walkers would be a thing of the past.

#550 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

maybe the virus should evolve

Try "Z-Nation"...oh boy do they evolve!

Sarcastic, tongue-cheek sometimes, version of TWD!

Even a mutated Messiah Zombie Baby was born in a Manger!

There are 2,412 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 49.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fear-the-walking-dead-starts-tonight/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.