(Topic ID: 189364)

FCC Starts Dismantling Internet (Neutrality)

By Wickerman2

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 459 posts
  • 92 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by chad
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Far-Out-Man (resized).jpg
Net+neutrality+meme+dump_8521b1_6447383 (resized).jpg
7C5CC682-BE91-48EF-BA54-52A75405FDCB (resized).jpeg
829BB22D-EEB9-4E59-A582-9B2D09687799 (resized).jpeg
maxresdefault (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
2C7C6DC7-EDBE-4DFB-9EF5-5E1F5B09DD16 (resized).jpeg
DNGlrABUIAAr9RO (resized).jpg
what-is-net-neutrality-isp-package-diagram.0 (resized).jpg
NN.png
IMG_0136 (resized).PNG
IMG_0621 (resized).JPG (© www.fringewalkers.com)
IMG_1111 (resized).JPG
highwaydeaths (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aobrien5.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

The government can't halt my cord cutting. I mostly watch CEDs and VHSs with the occasional DVD and Bluray. I use the internet mainly for pinside and CL.
I hate the way it's going with net neutrality but this started a few years back and it was only a matter of time before they got it done.
It reminds me when they converted broadcast TV from analog to digital. It didn't matter much to the people in the city but it essentially locked free TV to rural people unless they wanted to upgrade their antenna and TV.

What happened a few years back is that they put in protections to /keep/ net neutrality. What they did today was begin the process of repealing those protections.

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I use the internet to pass the time at work, and most of what's on there is just rehash garbage anyway, which is why I don't give a shit what they do.
I'm sure at least some of us have better things to do than stare at a stupid computer in our free time.

The internet is not just a way to waste your free time, though it is good for that. Millions of people depend on it for their livelihoods. It's nice that you're not one of them, but surely you understand the importance it plays in many, many businesses as well.

1 month later
#262 6 years ago
Quoted from robin:

The banner is there, just for today, to raise awareness about (the importance of) Net Neutrality. I know this has nothing to do with pinball, but it has lots to do with the future of (sites like) Pinside. Net Neutrality is very important and I hope you will all take a minute to read about it and why it matters.
More info on: https://netneutrality.internetassociation.org/action/

I wholly support you adding the banner and appreciate you doing so!

#271 6 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

I F***ING hate Comcast

Although that's a totally valid feeling for you to have, it sure seems like mobile providers have much more dirty hands when it comes to this stuff. That obviously makes a lot of sense since their bandwidth is so much more limited, but they aren't just guilty of blocking bandwidth heavy apps. Mobile carrier exclusivity stuff has always been a pain in the ass, and they're guilty of it on more than just the hardware front.

4 months later
#325 6 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I went rogue this thabksgiving and talked to some of my family about why dismantling is bad, and not a partisan issue. It went well enough. I'd recommend others do the same.

My super right father in law asked me about it, and I used the images in this thread to help explain it to him. It was the first time I'd ever heard him question something this administration was doing and by the end of my explanation he was for neutrality.

#333 6 years ago

Here's another way to help. Senator Kamala Harris has a petition to sign.

http://go.kamalaharris.org/page/s/ads_petition_171121_net-neutrality

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aobrien5.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fcc-starts-dismantling-internet-neutrality?tu=aobrien5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.