(Topic ID: 189364)

FCC Starts Dismantling Internet (Neutrality)

By Wickerman2

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 459 posts
  • 92 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by chad
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Far-Out-Man (resized).jpg
Net+neutrality+meme+dump_8521b1_6447383 (resized).jpg
7C5CC682-BE91-48EF-BA54-52A75405FDCB (resized).jpeg
829BB22D-EEB9-4E59-A582-9B2D09687799 (resized).jpeg
maxresdefault (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
2C7C6DC7-EDBE-4DFB-9EF5-5E1F5B09DD16 (resized).jpeg
DNGlrABUIAAr9RO (resized).jpg
what-is-net-neutrality-isp-package-diagram.0 (resized).jpg
NN.png
IMG_0136 (resized).PNG
IMG_0621 (resized).JPG (© www.fringewalkers.com)
IMG_1111 (resized).JPG
highwaydeaths (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kneissl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#134 6 years ago

I remember doomsday talk when neutrality went in. Hell, isn't it only since 2015? I don't see the end of days with CompuServe and AOL type segregated networks happening If we pedal back to 2015. I dunno if deregulation is going to improve anything, I just doubt we're going to see the internet change in any significant way.

#150 6 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

History has shown every single time that when regulations are lifted, prices increase, monopolies and cartels form, services diminish, and in many cases human lives and environmental devastation occur. These aren't debatable positions. They're facts.

These facts are bogus. Not one time in history has deregulation lowered prices​? Improved services? You're pushing lies when you say garbage like this, at least go with most of the time it doesn't turn out well. Deregulation is debatable, and in some circumstances the outcome is beneficial.

#152 6 years ago

Sure, Is the cost really lowered if we're paying to clean up some eco disaster a decade later? Regulations have purpose, but the pendulum can and does swing too far.

#168 6 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

I have an idea. Instead of calling me a liar, cite some evidence for your claim.

I'm kind of shocked that you confuse your argument with some kind of absolute truth. A much more reasonable position would be "most of the time deregulation is bad"
That's the only point I'm making.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motor_Carrier_Act_of_1980

#216 6 years ago

I don't think it matters either way at this stage and agree with emkay about the FUD arguments. If things ever got really saturated (if that's even possible?) I could see the google guy's position (similar data types should not be discriminated against, but okay to discriminate across different data types) having a valid purpose to maintain usability of the network.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kneissl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fcc-starts-dismantling-internet-neutrality?tu=Kneissl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.