(Topic ID: 225213)

Favorite trim for Attack from Mars re-make LE

By FarFromHeaven26

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20180912-234334~2 (resized).png
    A9FA9FBF-EEAC-4E4E-AF2E-A97C593793BD (resized).jpeg
    fannypacks (resized).jpg

#1 5 years ago

Yes some will see this post as rather pedantic, but when you are spending 8K and are partial to the art and beauty of a pinball machine as much as the game play it offers I think the color selected for the machine's trim is a relevant query. I am preparing to purchase two machines in the coming weeks (AFMR LE and WOZ Emerald Edition) and I wanted to solicit some opinions on the color they favor for the former. I am leaning toward the lime green, which is cheesy and attuned to the 50's camp era it visits, but some art lovers favor black or standard grey, which is seen by said pinball collectors as far more appropriate with the back glass and cabinet art. I have seen each of the possibilities and personally still like the green best, but am wondering what others think. On an older thread I saw some really adverse to the color.

#2 5 years ago

Black, lime green looks like shit IMO.

#3 5 years ago

Lime green. Black looks like shit IMO.

#4 5 years ago

Green is the best

#5 5 years ago

Black, lime green looks like shit IMO.

#6 5 years ago

vote for black trim on AFM

#7 5 years ago

Since I have the lime green, the black looks like shit IMO.

#8 5 years ago

Green is by FAR the best....Black is horrible with the theme

#9 5 years ago

Personally I like the green. So that is what I have on mine. But to each their own!

#10 5 years ago

The lime green looks great on this particular pin. It highlights great with the predominant red and yellow.
    Many people posted a dislike for the green initially, but after seeing it in person thought it looked great. So you can't really judge by the "early" green dislike posts. Most people I've talked with prefer the green now.

#11 5 years ago

Lime Green for the win!

#12 5 years ago

Black fits in seamlessly with the cabinet.

#13 5 years ago

I mean I'd obviously rather have the original stainless ,

Quoted from PtownPin:

Green is by FAR the best....Black is horrible with the theme

Classic.

#14 5 years ago

I went with stainless.... boring , yes , but I like how it matches the silver saucers and doesn’t detract from the look of the game. Green is cool and black is sinister but it messes with my eyes when looking at the game.
    All finishes have their pros and cons.

#15 5 years ago

Green was only available on the LE , so I would go green.

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:I mean I'd obviously rather have the original stainless ,

Classic.

Not really....Its a martian theme....

#17 5 years ago

I got the black because I had ordered an Alien LE in green trim, and I though that would be too much green in my small collection.

The black looks awesome, but for a long time I thought I'd made a mistake, and should have gotten the green. Now that my collection has grown, I find that the black sets the LE apart from the standard silver of everything else. Also, I picked up an RFM a while back, which has black trim as well. It actually gives them both a cool "family resemblance". That's a pretty specific reason that is completely irrelevant if your game isn't right next to it's younger brother.

In any case, you sure can't go wrong with Black, but the green sure is pretty.

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

Not really....Its a martian theme....

#20 5 years ago

Happy with green for sure.

#21 5 years ago

Green, black looks like shit IMO. Oh wait, my Ghostbusters green makes my AFMr green look like shit. Now that's a real concern.

#22 5 years ago

How about what's YOU think looks best. Who cares what other people think. It will be your machine.

I have the Gold MMr LE. And personally think it looks great. Others do not. That doesn't bother me, because it's mine. And I'll never sell it anyway

#23 5 years ago

I’m going with looks like shit for the win.

#24 5 years ago

Green no question

#25 5 years ago

Green all the way.

All of my pins with black trim show every little mark/smudge/fingerprint (like a car). I'm find my self constantly wiping the marks with a cloth.

#26 5 years ago
    Quoted from erak:

How about what's YOU think looks best. Who cares what other people think. It will be your machine.
    I have the Gold MMr LE. And personally think it looks great. Others do not. That doesn't bother me, because it's mine. And I'll never sell it anyway

Erak, I do understand that, and in the end of course the decision will be mine. But I just feel better to get some fellow pinsiders voicing their own opinions. I have long favored the lime green but when AFMR LE first released there were plenty of people downgrading the green. One respondent here has indicated that initial opinion has been overturned at least to some degree. I see green is leading on the thread, though some are big fans of the black trim too. Decisions, decisions. Anyway I much appreciate your feedback here. Wow you have the gold MMr LE? Fantastic!!! I have the standard MMR with the shaker motor. For AFMR and the upcoming MBR I will go LE all the way.

#27 5 years ago
    Quoted from FarFromHeaven26:

But I just feel better to get some fellow pinsiders voicing their own opinions. I have long favored the lime green but when AFMR LE first released there were plenty of people downgrading the green. One respondent here has indicated that initial opinion has been overturned at least to some degree.

A lot of the differing opinions and none of them matter but yours.
    This is a remake of a game that never came in green trim, so some people are going to prefer it looks more "original," whilst other will like a more bold look.

#28 5 years ago

I like black trim but I think green will be easier to sell. But when I ordered they only had green so that's what I got.

#29 5 years ago

I find neon green armor a bit gaudy. Like some unfortunate 80's clothing. Don't mind crazy colors on the playfield, but on the armor it's too much.

fannypacks (resized).jpgfannypacks (resized).jpg

#30 5 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Like some unfortunate 80's clothing.
    [quoted image]

That sad part is all that shit is back in.

#32 5 years ago

Black. Blends in with the cab and not overpowering like the green.

#33 5 years ago

I went black and love it. Though I really like the original look

#34 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

That sad part is all that shit is back in.

Remember those color changing shirts?
    Imagine this crap on some pinball trim.

A9FA9FBF-EEAC-4E4E-AF2E-A97C593793BD (resized).jpegA9FA9FBF-EEAC-4E4E-AF2E-A97C593793BD (resized).jpeg

#35 5 years ago
    Quoted from FarFromHeaven26:

Erak, I do understand that, and in the end of course the decision will be mine. But I just feel better to get some fellow pinsiders voicing their own opinions. I have long favored the lime green but when AFMR LE first released there were plenty of people downgrading the green. One respondent here has indicated that initial opinion has been overturned at least to some degree. I see green is leading on the thread, though some are big fans of the black trim too. Decisions, decisions. Anyway I much appreciate your feedback here. Wow you have the gold MMr LE? Fantastic!!! I have the standard MMR with the shaker motor. For AFMR and the upcoming MBR I will go LE all the way.

If you want my opinion. Get green.
    Looks great. And if not a lot of people order it. Because they don't like it..
    It will be more rare. Win, win.

#36 5 years ago
    Quoted from ovfdfireman:

I went black and love it. Though I really like the original look

Screenshot_20180912-234334~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20180912-234334~2 (resized).png
    #37 5 years ago
    Quoted from erak:

If you want my opinion. Get green.
    Looks great. And if not a lot of people order it. Because they don't like it..
    It will be more rare. Win, win.

I think I read somewhere that 70% of the LE owners ordered green....I may be off a bit, but it was definitely the majority..

#38 5 years ago

Once you have gone black, you will never go back

I also own a WOZ with the emerald trim and part of the reason for picking black was to avoid too much lurid green in the man cave

But in all honesty, I don't notice the trim anymore. It could be green for all I care now, the action is all on the playfield. What a remarkable machine you are about to own

#39 5 years ago

I've seen all three, and I would recommend the green armor. But each person has their own preferences, so choose accordingly.

#40 5 years ago

Love our Martian Green AFMR LE! It makes the machine look unique and compliments the theme perfectly. But, this is a subjective matter.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/favorite-trim-for-attack-from-mars-re-make-le?hl=farfromheaven26 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.