• Latest reply 8 years ago by whisper
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

walter sobchak - am i the only one.jpg
#1 10 years ago

One of the most awesome things in pinball is stacking up various features / modes / multiballs. It typically makes the machine go insane with all the scoring and jackpots going on. What are your favorite stacks? These are my top 5.

5. War Machine + Whiplash + Iron Monger Multiball on IM
4. Mamushka + Hit Cousin It + Multiball on TAF
3. Multi-Multiball on BSD (THIRRRRRTY MILLLLLION!)
2. Black Suit + Bank Bust Multiball on SM
1. Pretzel + Couch + Mystery Spot + I&S + Daredevil Mania + Secret Stash on TSPP (What else?)

#2 10 years ago
Quoted from Kineticross:

War Machine + Whiplash + Iron Monger Multiball on IM

What code are you running? I don't think you can start all 3 multiballs at once.

#3 10 years ago

You have to stack WM with W, and then start IM during it.

#4 10 years ago

The TSPP stack-everything wombo combo is pretty great. I also enjoy the Genie Battle + Harem Multiball stack in TOTAN just for fun. Game breaking for sure, but that's the fun part.

#5 10 years ago

I like starting buck multiball then adding bird and elk multiballs once buck is going in BBH. also like stacking amp and link in avatar. with the awesome pop bumpers it leads to some crazy multipliers. I hit 16x or 17x once.

#6 10 years ago

I love stacking hurry-ups on MM for big points. Get's my blood pumping. One wrong move and you lose it all!

#7 10 years ago

Can someone please explain how stacking modes works? How do you get the modes stacked without starting them?. I have a TZ so maybe someone could give me an example on that machine.
Thank you
CB

#8 10 years ago

in BBH you have to have buck multiball running then complete whatever shots are needed to start either bird or elk WHILE buck multiball is running. with avatar you can start either multiball (link or amp) and then complete whatever shots are needed to start the other WHILE the first is running. I am not sure if stacking is possible with the third multiball (navi). if it WERE possible you would HAVE to have navi running first.

#9 10 years ago

FART multiball with Ipecac. Add Crazy Chris and Happy Hour for pinball nirvana.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from LitzDoc:

Can someone please explain how stacking modes works? How do you get the modes stacked without starting them?. I have a TZ so maybe someone could give me an example on that machine.
Thank you
CB

Some games allow you to trigger multiple features at once or in parallel, so to speak. Typically you "ready" each mode by completing the required goals then hit the shots needed to start them. in IM, for example, you need to hit Whiplash like 5 times or something and his mode is ready, and you need to hit 8 drone targets to ready WM multiball, but their start trigger shots are different. So, you can hit Whiplash to start his mode, then hit the War Machine target to start his, and the game lets you run both at once. If you planned ahead you can trigger Iron Monger Multiball while this is already running.

On TZ, an example would be running multiple door panel modes at once, like Clock Chaos with Town Square Madness running (or Clock Chaos with Clock Millions), or something like that. I love TZ but it isn't all that exciting for stacking, though, compared to other games.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from devlman:

So, you can hit Whiplash to start his mode, then hit the War Machine target to start his, and the game lets you run both at once.

I swear you have to start War Machine MB before Whiplash MB. Am I going nuts here?

walter sobchak - am i the only one.jpgwalter sobchak - am i the only one.jpg

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

I swear you have to start War Machine MB before Whiplash MB. Am I going nuts here?

walter sobchak - am i the only o... 24 KB

You might be right I didn't really think about it. Will try it today!

#14 10 years ago

an example of stacking (I am not a great player so I probably don't know half of what can be stacked or how to do it)

But for example on potc you have Tortoga multiball which is active after you complete Port Royal. So it's open so to speak. And you have Kraken Multiball which you start after sinking the ship.

So you finish Port Royal and have Tortoga ready, then you start Kraken Multiball and once that starts, you start Tortoga and you have two multiballs running at the same time.

Benefit is, on Kraken it ends once you drain one ball, but since you have Tortoga running as well you have an extra ball and the Kraken MB keeps running as well.

#15 10 years ago

30 million, 30 million, bsd

#16 10 years ago

Just got shadow, so I don't know all possible stacks, but I like stacking khan multiball and berillium sphere or Farley claymore. Can even throw a vengeance in there for a few extra points.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

walter sobchak - am i the only o... 24 KB

MB Stacks I know of in Iron Man (V1.4) :

War Machine and Iron Monger. Iron Monger must be raised first, and War Machine must be started before Iron Monger. Reverse order is not possible.

War Machine and Whiplash. War Machine must be started first, then Whiplash. Reverse order is not possible.

I have never seen Whiplash stack with Iron Monger in any order so a triple mb stack cannot occur. Once Iron Monger is raised, hits to Whiplash are not counted, and once Whiplash is started, progress cannot be made to raise Iron Monger.

If this changed since V1.4, I may need to consider the upgrade. (I like the 50MIL DoD award in 1.4)

#18 10 years ago

This is not exactly a "stack", but I love starting all 4 hurry-ups on AFM for the 1 Billion hurry-up.

Love stacking Quorra MB with Light Cycle MB on Tron.

Love stacking any of the Ringmaster 2-ball modes with Highwire MB and Strike an Arc on CV. That is a tough one!

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from Kineticross:

One of the most awesome things in pinball is stacking up various features / modes / multiballs. It typically makes the machine go insane with all the scoring and jackpots going on. What are your favorite stacks? These are my top 5.
5. War Machine + Whiplash + Iron Monger Multiball on IM
3. Multi-Multiball on BSD (THIRRRRRTY MILLLLLION!)
2. Black Suit + Bank Bust Multiball on SM
1. Pretzel + Couch + Mystery Spot + I&S + Daredevil Mania + Secret Stash on TSPP (What else?)

On TDK, 3x super skill shot on The Joker. Start Scarecrow. Then complete all 3 locks on Joker and start Joker MB. Then complete Scarecrow to get Scarecrow MB started with Joker. Get the 2x multiplier shot lit and hit the Joker drop target to light it for 3x plus 2x. Joker super jackpots will now get up to 40+ million. If you can keep things running for a little bit, the score can get crazy fast.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

On TDK, 3x super skill shot on The Joker. Start Scarecrow. Then complete all 3 locks on Joker and start Joker MB. Then complete Scarecrow to get Scarecrow MB started with Joker. Get the 2x multiplier shot lit and hit the Joker drop target to light it for 3x plus 2x. Joker super jackpots will now get up to 40+ million. If you can keep things running for a little bit, the score can get crazy fast.

That's what I refer to as getting "all six'd up". I love pulling that off in league play!

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

You can run all 3 MB's at the same time as well.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

You can run all 3 MB's at the same time as well.

True, you can get Bat Pod going with it.

#23 10 years ago

I like stacking martian multiball with the regular multiball in AFM. First I get two locks done, then I get martian attack started, then i start multiball. During multiball the aliens are jumping and it's easy to nail them all during multiball to start martian multiball.

#24 10 years ago

5X playfield + Multiball on whitewater

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from Gundam_Pilot_:

This is one of the most satisfying stacks I can think of in all of pinball. It's tough to do, because you have to start 5X playfield from the upper flipper, and the only easy way to set up this shot is up the middle. Consequently, you have to make sure multiball isn't ready, or it will start first.

I love all the games that allow you to stack "x" times playfield scoring with the main multiball. Quite a few of the games I own allow you to do this. I500 is a fun one, and so is LOTR. Tron has an awesome stacking opportunity if you can manage to have double scoring running when you start SOS. If you have all the modes lit solid, that's 100 million right there!

1 month later
#26 10 years ago

POTC
Kraken, Tortuga and Heart Multiballs, the only realistic way to get huge points.

#27 10 years ago

Coffin + anything else on the original Met code. Talk about satisfying...you really earned that one when you hit the captive ball over 100 times to get Coffin.

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from Kineticross:

Anyone taken advantage of this opportunity yet?

#29 10 years ago

I'm pretty sure I've had three different multiballs, one of the Haunted Forrest modes, and a Munchkin mode all running at the same time on WOZ. That game is a stacker's wet dream.

#30 10 years ago

Rock the boat with multiball on fish tales... If your boat awards are lit/flashing you can also kick in a ball saver by advancing to "instant multiball" and then you're wailing on the center area for a ton of points.

On some sterns I enjoy "not stacking", staving off a multiball start... For instance on SM, use black suit multiball to aim for doc ock, until you're 1 or 2 shots away, then just wail on sandman or left spinner or something... Then, when you lose your multiball, you can easily start ock, and use that multiball to start making locks again.

#31 10 years ago

I love stacking all three major modes in Pirates of the Caribbean. I get Tortuga Multiball lined up ready to start, then knock out the chest with backhands until I start Heart Multiball. Once it starts it only takes a few hits to sink the first ship and start up Tortuga. Double and Triple scoring is just one or two shots to the upper spinner and the jackpots all over the playfield are the best.

If I was a better player I would wait to start all three until I had maxed out the jackpot scores to 2M.

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from Gundam_Pilot_:

When you are nailing the jackpot, there is massive score potential!

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

When you are nailing the jackpot, there is massive score potential!

Nutshell and I were talking the other day about stacking 5X playfield, the regular multiball, and Wet Willies. It seems like it should in theory be possible.

#34 10 years ago

Drunk Mine Multiball on CCC

#35 10 years ago

2x Scoring, Witch King, Gollum, and Fellowship MB. BOOM

-Wes

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from Kineticross:

I like it too, but I find myself doing this more often:
Lite quick multiball + Tunnel Hunt + Seance + start quick multiball -- why fight the magnets twice?

I also like: Lite Thing multiball + Raise the Dead + start Thing multiball + plunger shot into pops
Then if you drain one and there's still time on RTD, lite GREED, shoot locks and plunge balls into pops

Usually get a large RTD bonus and bonus multipliers due to all the shots to the pops.

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Drunk Mine Multiball on CCC

That was fun to play

#38 10 years ago

Pretty much anything on TSPP, triple multi on BSD, 5x multiball/wet willies on WH20, and the big 6 on MB to name a few.

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Nutshell and I were talking the other day about stacking 5X playfield, the regular multiball, and Wet Willies. It seems like it should in theory be possible.

I was trying to get it set up but hit a soft left loop shot, it fell down the secret passage and started wet willies. Had 5X ready to go and my last lock was one standup away....

Oh well. Got upset and started tearing the game apart - to shop/restore

#40 10 years ago

I really enjoy stacking Payback Time and the Multiball on T2.

It's good fun.

#41 10 years ago

Castle, Coffin and Mist MB (BSD) together - OO-RAH! Straightforward yet hard to beat.

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Your final shot to start Wet Willies would have to be the last lock for multiball after you have started 5x. I haven't done it yet. Stacking aside, I almost made vacation the other day though. So close...

#43 10 years ago

Tron...

...for sure... it gets wild !!

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from Noahs_Arcade:

Anyone taken advantage of this opportunity yet?

I've had Pretzel + Couch + Mystery Spot + I&S REVENGE as well as Frenzy and whatever the Treehouse award for shooting ramps (Captains Ramps) is called running all at once. I'd already completed DM & SS.

Great fun to play, especially as flippers are reversed.

2 years later
#45 8 years ago

2 years on, and the most lucrative stack I've had was on Met:
Coffin Multiball,
Graveyard Multiball,
Lady of Justice,
Fuel,
Seek & Destroy (113m) &
Blackened (256m).

Resulted in a 1,243 Million game

#46 8 years ago

Several great stacking games already mentioned that are a ton of fun to stack modes in.
BSD, TSPP, BBH, & IM are some of my favorites for sure!
I just got my Full Throttle delivered this week & stacking the race modes is about as much fun as I've had on a pin in a while. Plus you can stack your multiplier until you want to use it by pressing the launch button! Not overly complicated, but executed to perfection!

#47 8 years ago

I'm really enjoying the IM stack of:
- raise the Iron Monger
- start fast scoring
- start bogey

Now start ripping spinners. Each one: racks up fast scoring points, scores a bogey shot, and builds the value for your next Iron Monger hit. Throw in a few Monger shots here and there, start multi-ball, and go to town.

#48 8 years ago

No Fear, stacking payback with multiball. Looks like this exists on T2 as well, from one of the posts above.

I'm hoping it's possible to stack multiball and Supercharger on HS2, but I've never actually done it.

#49 8 years ago

I have to stack either brotherhood , hellfire or magnito multiballs while playing the xavier mode in xmen, it's the only damn way I can ever find the mutant to complete the mode.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 26.50
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
€ 18.00
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/favorite-stacking-opportunities and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.