Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 58 posts
  • 51 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by erak
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 2 years ago

I love a good spinner rip. The games that are currently in my game room all have spinners with a couple being very key to the gameplay.

My current are Stars and Led Zeppelin (premium/le).
Stars has awesome spinners for a couple of reasons. First is the chimes. I love the chimed up spinner. Second each spinner gets maxed value by something different. The left via the drop targets and the right via the stars. Both are key to scoring big in the game.

LZ with the Electric Magic spinner is simply fantastic. The sound they used for it is killer. It interacts with the lights in an incredible way. There is a very fun multiball mode and a frenzy multiball mode tied to it as well. Oh ya it rises out of the playfield!

Honorable mentions
Metallica with a booming subwoofer absolutely rocks with the drum sound.
Deadpool is great with the lights, sounds, and of course disco multiball and wolverine team up.
Elvira House of Horrors this one is great for me because it simply spins forever on my game. I put a small drop of super lube on it like I do on every game I have and for some reason it just doesn't stop spinning. Love it.
Beatles has great use of opto spinners and a dedicated song/mode for the spinners. Highly recommended.
Elwin games all use spinners very effectively with good rules applied to them. Iron Maiden is a cool rule with Revive, JP for the spitter, Hulk mode on Avengers.

What are your favorite spinner rips?

#2 2 years ago

EM frenzy on LZ premium/LE. Simply awesome!

#4 2 years ago

Gottleibs have great spinner rips. I loved hitting the lighted spinners on Bad Girls, Rack 'em Up, Surf n Safari, Hoops, etc.

When the spinner is maxed on Godzilla

AC/DC's left orbit

I had EM Hokus Pokus at my house for a little while, and that spinner was so satisfying. Any EM where the rip makes the chimes go crazy is an A+ in my book.

#6 2 years ago

Gorgar when lit for 1000!

#7 2 years ago

StarGazer by all means...

#8 2 years ago

Meteor

#9 2 years ago

Star Trek: The Next Generation

#10 2 years ago

Gottlieb Tag Team. Shatz the left inlane and rip the juiced spinner on the right side for 10K a spin (normally 1K a spin). On my example a good rip can net 35-40 spins

#11 2 years ago

Williams Grand Prix

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Gottleib's have great spinner rips. I loved hitting the lighted spinners on Bad Girls, Rack 'em Up, Surf n Safari, Hoops, etc.
When the spinner is maxed on Godzilla
AC/DC's left orbit
I had EM Hokus Pokus at my house for a little while, and that spinner was so satisfying. Any EM where the rip makes the chimes go crazy is an A+ in my book.

Agreed! Alien Star is another one that is super cool. TX Sector... ya they have a few for sure.

Quoted from mwong168:

Williams Grand Prix

Absolutely and it leads to such great bonus count downs too!

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Gottlieb Tag Team. Shatz the left inlane and rip the juiced spinner on the right side for 10K a spin (normally 1K a spin). On my example a good rip can net 35-40 spins

The best, most exciting spinner by far.

#14 2 years ago

Jurassic Park Spitter
Strikes and Spares

#15 2 years ago

Iron Maiden. Fear of the Dark mode, hit the upper spinner and lower spinner at the same time and it make a glorious sound while raining down the points.

#16 2 years ago

Gottlieb Touchdown!!
Dual spinners to move the ball.
The fan fair of a score is sweet!

#17 2 years ago

Bally Night Rider EM

Seawitch.

#18 2 years ago

Sorcerer while in multiball

#19 2 years ago

Second on Seawitch, that spinner is so good. Mine is dialed in nicely so you can get huge rips off it.

I finally got Captain Hook after many years of searching and boldly declare that spinner is right next to Quicksilver, being disgustingly satisfying to rip when it’s lit. The sounds are incredible, Game Plan gets no love!!

Mars Trek has a freakin’ sweet horseshoe lane double spinner setup that is blazing fast and very satisfying.

#20 2 years ago

RoboCop

And another shout out for Meteor

#21 2 years ago

1. STTNG - super spinner unitl the knocker cracks!
2. Gottlieb Gladiators acu-spin - must get exact number of spins for extra ball. Works insanely well.
3. Genie - must be hit at the right angle and speed to crank the shit out of bonus.
4. IMDN revive spinner - double up with the other or nail it and gain an X target at the same time.

#22 2 years ago

Timed-lit spinner in Viking.

#23 2 years ago

Flight 2000 right spinner into sweeping the drop targets might be my favorite shot of all time. Would love to see something similar show up in a new game.

#24 2 years ago

Gotta agree on Metallica with an external sub.

#26 2 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Second on Seawitch, that spinner is so good. Mine is dialed in nicely so you can get huge rips off it.

Just to make that shot is difficult, to make it when the double bonus is lit is just a feeling of utter satisfaction.

#27 2 years ago

AIQ when in the Hulk hurry up is quickly becoming a favorite of mine.

#28 2 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

Williams Grand Prix

second that!

#29 2 years ago

When I restored a Fishtales, I polished and put a drop of the liquid teflon lubricant Superlube on the metal to metal parts. When I hit that spinner perfectly and just went for days.

#30 2 years ago

Personally I'll take Wonka for JJP and Beatles for Stern.

#31 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

EM frenzy on LZ premium/LE. Simply awesome!

What he said!

#33 2 years ago

Seawitch. Meteor. The classic Sterns always seemed to get the spinners right.

#34 2 years ago

Galaxy

#35 2 years ago

Black Knight - Left Ramp
Monster Bash - Up the middle

#37 2 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

Black Knight - Left Ramp

Lit Black Knight spinner gets my vote as well.

My BK is in a separate room, and I tend prefer BK in the dark, with fog, lasers, and dark synthwave music (Carpenter Brut, Perturbator, etc.) Lit spinner combines very well

#38 2 years ago

Robowar

#39 2 years ago

All of the prev. mentions, so many of my favourites.

In addition to those, I thought I would give a nod to Firepower, High Speed (freeways) and particularly Pro Football, where the shot is so integral to the game.. and really gives you a sense of making those yards!

#40 2 years ago

Blackout. "Orbit completed."

#41 2 years ago

Paragon. Rip the spinner just right and sail above the pops to the Waterfall. It's a very satisfying shot.

#42 2 years ago

Williams Hot Tip (bonus if it’s the EM version!) so satisfying to watch those score reels struggle to keep up.

Gottlieb Robo-War. The “BETA” targets are parallel to the spinner lane, so ripping a lit spinner while sweeping down the targets is CRAZY satisfying.

#43 2 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Williams Hot Tip (bonus if it’s the EM version!) so satisfying to watch those score reels struggle to keep up.

What I like about Night Rider, the reels clattering like mad when you rifle one through.

#44 2 years ago

LZ EM frenzy

#45 2 years ago

Can’t believe no one has said Alien Star or Bally Lady Luck super satisfying spinner shots.

#46 2 years ago

I own these and love my spinner games.

Prospector rips...double spinners
Bow and Arrow rips...double spinner
Meteor
Flash spinner is very satisfying
and also my f2k can be ripped on both.

Spinners are my favorite for sure.

#47 2 years ago

I think the new Godzilla has several great spinner shots/modes. Tesla strike mode charges from the main spinner with a sweet sound effect, the Ebirah battle spinner shots, among others. It has some of the best overall usage of spinners across the entire game that I can recall in a modern game.

The LZ Electric magic spinner charging shot is really amazing though. That is probably the single best rip I can think of overall, the effect with the audio and inserts as it charges is just nuts.

So funny that the humble spinner can be so awesome, or completely uninspiring, almost entirely just by the particular sound effects and rules/scoring around it.

#48 2 years ago

Fish Tales for Monster Fish award. So great.

#49 2 years ago

I have to add IMDN revive also .

#50 2 years ago

Good to see someone else mention this one. There's one on location near me with an ultra fast spinner, and that gunfire sound effect is brutal.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs
Displays
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 169.00
Cabinet Parts
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Cabinet parts
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Machine - For Sale
Tacoma, WA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus
Playfields
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/favorite-spinner-rips?hl=flipperfanatic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.