Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 50 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by gliebig
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210131_210703 (resized).jpg
    10A9BACB-F86A-4B40-B4DD-1EA5055E0F1B (resized).jpeg
    #1 4 years ago

I don't know if this was asked previously but I was wondering what would be your favorite single level pin (no ramps, subways). I've been on the search for a simpler layout - Paragon, Firepower, El Dorado or whatever. Something that requires sharp shooting, nudging, etc. Perhaps select a couple from EMs and a couple from Solid States? What would be your choices?

#2 4 years ago

When it comes to single-level pins, it really boils down to your personal preference of style and fun...

Do you like stand up targets, drop targets, spinners, loops?

So many options that will be VERY different for no reason other than that.

A really good spinner rip can feel great, but some games can get monotonous if that's all you're going after.

I honestly can't choose just a couple without thinking really hard.

#3 4 years ago

One example of a game I'd put up on the list is surf champ

It has a spinner, drops, a scoop, rollovers, outside loop shot, pops, and a general rule set that is easy to understand.

#4 4 years ago

I personally like drop targets so my choices are biased that way. El Dorado is a fun shooter with 15 drops. Skateball is another great one with 11 drops (plus spinner and kick-out hole). Paragon is another good one. Really too many fun ones to list though....

#5 4 years ago

King Kool and Ro Go!

#6 4 years ago

TNA is mine.

#7 4 years ago

Alien Star.

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from terrapinmark:

King Kool and Ro Go!

Wow... Didn't know people liked Ro Go... I had a chance to buy one, but the buyer flacked on me and just a lot of weirdness from his end, to where I didn't really want to risk walking into a scam.

As for me. The favorite one I own and is working would have to my Sinbad. The favorite one I've ever played... Would have to be breakshot. I own one... But, its broken with bad mpu board. Hope to get it fixed one day. Anyway. Why I like breakshot is I really enjoy that ball lock. The orbits are fast. Nice ruleset that changes depending on the pool game you're currently on. Really good multiball.

Just a fun game. I really should look into getting it fixed.

#10 4 years ago

Definitely TNA

#11 4 years ago

Embryon

#12 4 years ago

That's tough, there's so many good ones. Right now I'm torn between Stars and Alien Star I suppose.

#13 4 years ago

Quicksilver

#14 4 years ago

Spectrum

#15 4 years ago

Gottlieb Circus

#16 4 years ago

EM - Surfer
    SS - Firepower

#17 4 years ago

Cyclopes for me.

#18 4 years ago

Night Rider - EM

#19 4 years ago
    10A9BACB-F86A-4B40-B4DD-1EA5055E0F1B (resized).jpeg10A9BACB-F86A-4B40-B4DD-1EA5055E0F1B (resized).jpeg
    #20 4 years ago

A vote for Flight 2000.

#21 4 years ago

Sure, I could say Quicksilver, Cyclopes, or Alien Star as well, but let’s be realistic. These games are RARE and nigh impossible to locate them without crazy connections and perhaps, stupid money. I would definitely recommend Eight Ball Deluxe as my number one. Just something special about that game. Other early SS Bally’s that are great, include, Paragon, Skateball, and Harlem Globetrotters.
    Some great William’s early SS pins are Blackout, Alien Poker/Laser Cue, the aforementioned Firepower, and Flash. As far as Gottlieb goes, Joker Poker, Countdown, and Sinbad are all fun pins. Early Stern, you are looking at Meteor, Stars, and Big Game.
    Lastly, if you wanna get your feet wet with some EM’s it’s tough to go wrong with 70’s era Gottlieb’s. El Dorado, Quick/Fast Draw, Jungle Queen/Princess, Atlantis, Abracadabra/Team One. It wouldn’t hurt to add a good ol’ spinner ripping Williams like Grand Prix, Argosy, or Aztec. Best of luck, hope this gives you a couple ideas.

#22 4 years ago

Fathom

#23 4 years ago

Bally SS - Mystic

Two spinner lanes, out hole, three banks of drop targets, a captive ball, great art, great sound design for the time period, great layout of pop bumpers you can really get going. Not a simple rule set.

#24 4 years ago

Farhom
    FirePower

#25 4 years ago

the one that i own..........SUPERMAN

#27 4 years ago

nine ball and TNA

#28 4 years ago

also love quicksilver and embryon

#29 4 years ago

Nine Ball and Flight 2000

#30 4 years ago

..and Strikes and Spares for an EM

#31 4 years ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

Sure, I could say Quicksilver, Cyclopes, or Alien Star as well, but let’s be realistic. These games are RARE and nigh impossible to locate them without crazy connections and perhaps, stupid money. I would definitely recommend Eight Ball Deluxe as my number one. Just something special about that game. Other early SS Bally’s that are great, include, Paragon, Skateball, and Harlem Globetrotters.
    Some great William’s early SS pins are Blackout, Alien Poker/Laser Cue, the aforementioned Firepower, and Flash. As far as Gottlieb goes, Joker Poker, Countdown, and Sinbad are all fun pins. Early Stern, you are looking at Meteor, Stars, and Big Game.
    Lastly, if you wanna get your feet wet with some EM’s it’s tough to go wrong with 70’s era Gottlieb’s. El Dorado, Quick/Fast Draw, Jungle Queen/Princess, Atlantis, Abracadabra/Team One. It wouldn’t hurt to add a good ol’ spinner ripping Williams like Grand Prix, Argosy, or Aztec. Best of luck, hope this gives you a couple ideas.

...and we are done here!

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hyperball91:

..and Strikes and Spares for an EM

Except it's not an EM!

#33 4 years ago

TNA for modern and Barracora for SS.

#34 4 years ago

Really some great and interesting pins mentioned here. TNA is an anomaly for a modern pin but is on my list. Like many have said there are so many good single level pins. Keep your favorites coming!

#35 4 years ago

My top three favorites are The Beatles, Nugent, and Nine Ball.

#36 4 years ago

Bally Centaur
    Williams Grand Prix

#37 4 years ago

Im a big fan of breakshot!

#38 4 years ago

Title Fight! That's a Ball-buster!

#39 4 years ago

Mata Hari is a favorite at our house.

#40 4 years ago

Bally: Eight Ball Deluxe
    Stern: Meteor
    Gottlieb: Joker Poker
    Williams: Firepower

#41 4 years ago

Firepower, Embryon, Genie, Amazing Spiderman, Eldorado, deadly weapon

1 year later
    #42 3 years ago

Joker poker, Harlem, stars, Phoenix

#43 3 years ago

Mars Trek & Blackout

#44 3 years ago

EM single player Atlantis.
    EM multiplayer Old Chicago
    SS Firepower

#45 3 years ago

Meteor

Beatles is pretty damn fun too

#46 3 years ago

These plus TNA

20210131_210703 (resized).jpg20210131_210703 (resized).jpg
    #47 3 years ago

Love the Beatles!

#48 3 years ago

The Beatles (2018ish) and Jacks Open

#49 3 years ago

Hot Tip EM, the only EM with messenger ball, drop targets, and spinner in the same pin. Just a great pin!

#50 3 years ago

Tag Team

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/favorite-single-level-pin?hl=wolverinetuner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.