Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 104 posts
  • 67 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by EJS
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DEC99FA8-4BEC-4894-B92D-7B1091648A8B (resized).jpeg
    There are 104 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 4 years ago

I know it's a stupid, petty request...but could OP fix the spelling of Sirius in the thread title?

#52 4 years ago

done!!!!!!!!!!!!

#53 4 years ago

Hahaha, nice!

#54 4 years ago

Howard
    Diplo’s Revolution
    Fox News
    Everything else is meh.

#55 4 years ago

You could say I like it all.

Actually, probably 80% of my listening is VSiN 204. The rest split between Ozzy’s Boneyard and Hair Nation.

Every now and then, we’ll flip on Vivid Radio 415 just to see how long it is before they talk about fisting.

#56 4 years ago

I have a long commute. I always check first Radio Classics 148. It plays old radio series, lot of variety. My favs are: Yours Truly Johnny Dollar, The Great Gildersleeve, Gunsmoke, Dragnet, The Six Shooter, Adventures of Nero Wolfe.

#57 4 years ago

Howard 101, plays the West coast feed of show along w old show content. Grateful Dead 23, full concerts to enjoy.
    Satellite has made conventional radio obsolete.

#58 4 years ago

Howard 100/101 The 93-99 comedy channels if 100/101 are boring. The day he's off Sirius is the day I cancel.

No music channels because Sirius compresses the CRAP out of their music channels and they sound very flat, just awful, no dynamic range to speak of. If I want music, I just stream off my iphone. The bitrate is like 5x or more as much as Sirius allocates per music channel stream.

#59 4 years ago

Ch 73 -- 40s Junction.

90% of the time it's 40's. When I have passengers they get annoyed by the 40's so I change it to Ch 53 -- Chill

When I get rental cars with XM radio I always without fail set every single radio preset to the 40's Junction. Infinity's infotainment allows 36 presets to be the 40's Junction. Keep that piece of knowledge in mind when visiting your next airport car rental counter

#60 4 years ago

53 Chill

#61 4 years ago

Howard is still on the air? Amazing.

I miss O&A.

#62 4 years ago

H100
    H101
    Hair Nation channel Thirty Noine
    Lithium
    Ozzy’s Boneyard
    90’s on 9

#63 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

Howard is still on the air? Amazing.
    I miss O&A.

Sirius wouldn’t be on the Air if he wasn’t there.

#64 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Sirius wouldn’t be on the Air if he wasn’t there.

Exactly. He saved them from being killed by XM, and eventually made them large enough to absorb XM. No one else even comes close, and when he's gone, there will be a bunch of subscriptions cancelled.

#65 4 years ago

PSA time. For everybody that has mentioned Boneyard and Hair Nation, try Rockbar which is channel 313. It has everything from Led Zep to AC/DC to Metallica, to newer stuff like Bring me the Horizon and Highly Suspect. Awesome station!

#66 4 years ago

I got Sirius for free for 6 months when I bought my car last year and holy crap I loved not having commercials and especially news interruptions. Too many times I can remember listening to regular radio and being bummed out hearing about some mass murder somewhere or other things, while I was minding my own business driving my car. I will choose to consume news when I want, not when it's forced on me.

My programmed stations are Howard100/101,51,52,53,33 (First Wave).

#67 4 years ago

AltNation
    XMU
    Lithium
    Outlaw Country
    Willie's Roadhouse
    Classic Vinyl
    Rock The Bells
    90s on 9

#68 4 years ago

Hair Nation

#69 4 years ago

Love Ron Bennington on Faction.

#70 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

Oh cool, he's still broadcasting? The Ron & Fez Show from the early to mid 2000s was my favorite show - better than Stern and O&A.

#71 4 years ago

..but it irks me when they play a classic song and show a recent picture of an artist. Such as I heard Bennie and the Jets the other day. I picture him alllll with the crazy glasses and glitter and when I look at my stereo there was a picture of him that could have been taken yesterday.

#72 4 years ago

70’s on 7
    80’s on 8
    90’s on 9
    1st Wave
    Alt Nation
    Classic Vinyl
    Classic Rewind
    Beatles
    Lithium
    Joel Osteen

Been a subscriber for 15 + years. Wife has a subscription and I have one subscription and approximately 9 docking stations for every truck and piece of equipment we have. Mine goes in my pocket and goes into what ever I,m driving. Be lost without it. Had to update all my docking stations back when Sirius and XM merged together and changed their radios. That got a little expensive.

#73 4 years ago
    Quoted from ronlisa:

Had to update all my docking stations back when Sirius and XM merged together and changed their radios. That got a little expensive.

Really? I’m still using my xm car radio from ~2006

My buddy has a lifetime subscription. I remember thinking he was nuts paying 500$ to listen to the radio. I should have done it.

#74 4 years ago

Before he passed and had a channel, Tom Petty's "Buried Treasures" DJ hour was always such a great listen. Trying to recall what station it was on...
    Where else were ya gonna hear Screamin Jay Hawkins followed by Gene Autry? Man I miss him, and his DJ'ing that show.
    Now I mostly tune in for is Ian Christie's "Bloody Roots" on 40. Always impeccable.

#75 4 years ago

80's on 8 is kinda great though.

#77 4 years ago
    Quoted from orangegsx:

Really? I’m still using my xm car radio from ~2006
    My buddy has a lifetime subscription. I remember thinking he was nuts paying 500$ to listen to the radio. I should have done it.

Im all the time having to replace my satellite receiver . I do good to get 3 or so years out of them since I'm always carrying the radio with me from vehicle to vehicle. We farm and I fell like from all the constant vibrations of the equipment to me plugging and unplugging the radio receiver all the time is what wears them out so fast.

#78 4 years ago
    Quoted from ronlisa:

Im all the time having to replace my satellite receiver . I do good to get 3 or so years out of them since I'm always carrying the radio with me from vehicle to vehicle. We farm and I fell like from all the constant vibrations of the equipment to me plugging and unplugging the radio receiver all the time is what wears them out so fast.

I remember having that issue myself back when using their portable radios and swapping between the 4-5 cars my wife and I had. Is streaming using the phone an option for you? I’m spoiled having a company supply me both phones and service so data isn’t a concern. It’s great working with Apple CarPlay making it seamless between vehicles.

#79 4 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Oh cool, he's still broadcasting? The Ron & Fez Show from the early to mid 2000s was my favorite show - better than Stern and O&A.

Yeah, that’s when I started too. I miss Fez but he just got way too crazy. It’s Ron and his daughter now.

#80 4 years ago
    Quoted from dmacy:

I remember having that issue myself back when using their portable radios and swapping between the 4-5 cars my wife and I had. Is streaming using the phone an option for you? I’m spoiled having a company supply me both phones and service so data isn’t a concern. It’s great working with Apple CarPlay making it seamless between vehicles.

I never thought of doing it that way but sounds like something for me to check into. Thanks for the idea.

#81 4 years ago

I only listen to satellite radio for the first three months with every one of my new vehicles. After the free trial expires I switch over to my free Pandora stations. Why pay for something you can get for free?(Not a big difference to me and I do not mind commercials). I mainly listen to 80's, comedy channels and classic vinyl or I will just listen to AM talk radio.

#82 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

Why pay for something you can get for free?

For those of us that listen to sports, having every NFL, MLB, NBA and NHL game and major (and most minor) CFB/CBB games is huge, especially for ~$100/year. Those you can't get for free.

#83 4 years ago
    Quoted from dmacy:

The streaming bandwidth on the Sirius app is better than what they push from the satellite, so if cell data usage isn't a problem, that's the superior way to go.

#84 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Howard 100. Bought a lifetime subscription over 16 years ago. Best investment ever.

Me too. A bargain at $500.

Bababooey 100

Classic Vinyl

Deep Tracks

Classic Rewind

Whatever channel I can find an NFL game on

#85 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

The streaming bandwidth on the Sirius app is better than what they push from the satellite, so if cell data usage isn't a problem, that's the superior way to go.

It makes sense. I had it in my buggy for first 4 years and the quality on the app is way better. Thought it was a placebo effect but I guess not.

#86 4 years ago

Sirius XM can suck it. Their billing practices are ridiculous and after 8 years as a steady customer for two vehicles they lost me.

#87 4 years ago
    Quoted from SteveO:

Me too. A bargain at $500.
    Bababooey 100
    Classic Vinyl
    Deep Tracks
    Classic Rewind
    Whatever channel I can find an NFL game on

That’s all they costed? Holy crap.

#88 4 years ago

Listened to the 80s the other day and man Nina Blackwood sounds like Marge Simpson after a carton of cigarettes. Very hard to listen to her.

#90 4 years ago

Alt Nation

#91 4 years ago

Was my favorite until I stopped paying for that shit years ago. We have a regular over the air station that plays the same music.

I also did a stint on Margaritaville when I was drinking lots of gin.

#92 4 years ago

Howard 100. Probably wouldn’t subscribe if he wasn’t there. He’s got me through the last noine years of a long commute.

After that it’s 36 Alt Nation (Madison is the best!), 56 Highway, 33 First Wave, 25 Classic Rewind, and the comedy channels. I’m really liking the new online only channels and the Pandora functionality too.

#93 4 years ago

For me
    18 The Beatles Channel.
    25 Classic Rock
    26 Classic Vinyl
    27 Deep Tracks
    38 Ozzy's Boneyard
    39 Hair Nation.

#94 4 years ago

After listening to satellite all these years, I can’t stand one minute of commercial radio now.

#95 4 years ago

Nointies on Noin is a good one too.

#96 4 years ago

Side bar: Mark the Bagger is from my home town. He used to bag at Acme in Collegeville. His mom worked at Wawa there and was very sweet. I kinda feel bad for his mom with all the attention but The Bloodhound Gang gave him some help with Howard. Mark used to be called Mark from the Park by the locals. YES! NO!

#97 4 years ago

After subscribing for 10+ years and up to three radios on the subscription, I cancelled when they moved/reformatted Faction. My car's radio doesn't get the extra channels. TBH, I haven't missed it much. When they have the free previews I'll listen, but not the end of the world when it's done.

#98 4 years ago
    Quoted from Budman:

After listening to satellite all these years, I can’t stand one minute of commercial radio now.

It stops being entertainment when the commercial breaks lasts over 5 minutes. I’m not exaggerating, that is what it is!

#99 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

I used to enjoy the Jason Ellis show on my way home from work, but my Jeep couldn’t get the new station when they switched. I think my ram can now? But I do have streaming as well

#100 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

I was on the streaming when they first released it and holy f there was almost no compression. It ate my data plan up fast.

There are 104 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/favorite-serius-or-xm-radio-station/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.