72 days ago

Topic Stats

• 102 posts
  • 65 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 67 days ago by Slugmeister
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DEC99FA8-4BEC-4894-B92D-7B1091648A8B (resized).jpeg

There are 102 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 72 days ago

when its a short drive or long drive.. my favorite stations 70 s on 7 80s on 8 and deep tracks which are playing rush song tribute to neil peart. any pinsiders have a favorite?

#2 72 days ago

Howard 100, CNN 116 and 02-17 are in my rotation.

#3 72 days ago

Yacht Rock

#4 72 days ago

Howard 100 & 101, Ozzy's Boneyard & Hair Nation (some Lithium too)

#6 72 days ago

VSiN 204

Come for the 24/7 sports gambling talk, stay for the Brent Musburger live Manscaped commercial reads.

#7 72 days ago

Rockbar!

#8 72 days ago

Volume and E Street Radio

#10 72 days ago

Howard 100/101 and then the stations listed by the OP mixed with Jazz.

#11 72 days ago

liquid metal, turbo, lithium and 90's on 9

#12 72 days ago

Hair Nation 39. I am that guy

Hair nation story \ A short while back I ripped a tire on a bad curb leaving a Pinbar here in Atlanta “My Parents Basement”. I got a tow and rode with a nice, chatty tow truck driver to a tire center near my house for repair. He was playing 39 Hair Nation and said it was his favorite and we talked 80’s Hair Bands until we got there. So apparently tow trucker drivers love channel 39. Go figure?

#14 72 days ago

90s on 9,Beatles 18, classic vinyl 26, lithium 34, liquid metal 40, BB king blues 74

Added 71 days ago:

I realized while driving home tonight that 74 is Bluesville.

#15 72 days ago

Classic Vinyl 26
    Bb King Blues 74
    Deep Tracks 27

#16 72 days ago

Little Stevens Underground Garage 21

#17 72 days ago

EWTN
    Spa
    60’s
    Classic Vinyl

#18 72 days ago

E Street Radio. The Village (folk, streaming only). 70s. And the New Wave (33) station that I can not recall the name of at the moment.

I definitely tie 70s music into pinball, because when I was a kid playing at the local swim club there was a jukebox always pumping out the hits of the day.

Secret passion: Listening to rebroadcasts of American Top 40 on the 70's channel on Sunday mornings; because instead of playing the quality stuff that has passed the test of time, you get the stuff that gave the 70s such a bad rap, musically - so bring on the Jim Stafford and Terry Jacks and Ray Stevens and every other gimmicky song and one-hit wonder that hit the charts and then faded into thankful obscurity. Brings it all back!

#19 72 days ago

Diplo's Revolution 52

#20 72 days ago

Phish
    Dead
    Hair nation
    Ozzy
    Lithium
    Classic vinyl
    Deep tracks

#21 72 days ago
    Quoted from gmanrulz46:

when its a short drive or long drive.. my favorite stations 70 s on 7 80s on 8 and deep tracks which are playing rush song tribute to neil peart. any pinsiders have a favorite?

You need a poll with every station

#22 72 days ago

I joined Sirius back when they had under 500k subscribers. They had a friends and family promo that anybody could use where they sent you a plug and play radio, a home docking kit, and a car docking kit for free. Eventually my radio quit and I bought a new plug and play still in the package that somehow was already registered to somebody's account. I called up to activate it and they wouldn't let me since it was already active. I got about 3 years of free service from that radio until it finally shut off.

I'm a hip-hop listener and the two best stations for that are long gone. Wax 42 was the best. Nothing but remixes and mixtapes. Songs you couldn't hear anywhere else. Hot Jamz was second best. The Heat replaced that when Sirius and XM merged, and it's a censored channel. Sirius promised to be uncensored when they came out, but they went back on that promise.

Hip Hop Nation and Shade 45 are all that's left for new hip hop music, but I'm pretty disgusted with what the new "artists" are putting out these days that I pretty much stick to the old school Rock The Bells station (formerly Backspin). Listening to the same 100 or so classic hits over and over gets old though.

Used to listen to Raw Dog comedy at work all day when I had the boombox docking station. I think that's still around, but listening to stand up comedy in the car feels wrong.

#23 72 days ago
    Quoted from loneacer:

I joined Sirius back when they had under 500k subscribers. They had a friends and family promo that anybody could use where they sent you a plug and play radio, a home docking kit, and a car docking kit for free. Eventually my radio quit and I bought a new plug and play still in the package that somehow was already registered to somebody's account. I called up to activate it and they wouldn't let me since it was already active. I got about 3 years of free service from that radio until it finally shut off.
    I'm a hip-hop listener and the two best stations for that are long gone. Wax 42 was the best. Nothing but remixes and mixtapes. Songs you couldn't hear anywhere else. Hot Jamz was second best. The Heat replaced that when Sirius and XM merged, and it's a censored channel. Sirius promised to be uncensored when they came out, but they went back on that promise.
    Hip Hop Nation and Shade 45 are all that's left for new hip hop music, but I'm pretty disgusted with what the new "artists" are putting out these days that I pretty much stick to the old school Rock The Bells station (formerly Backspin). Listening to the same 100 or so classic hits over and over gets old though.
    Used to listen to Raw Dog comedy at work all day when I had the boombox docking station. I think that's still around, but listening to stand up comedy in the car feels wrong.

Have you given Rock The Bells a chance? They have some good hip hop. It's channel 43.
    https://www.siriusxm.com/rockthebellsradio

#24 72 days ago
    Quoted from mkecasey:

Have you given Rock The Bells a chance? They have some good hip hop. It's channel 43.
    https://www.siriusxm.com/rockthebellsradio

Yes that's mentioned in my long-winded post

RTB is ok. I think Backspin was a bit better. My biggest beef with RTB is they play the short version of Rapper's Delight. I'd expect that from an FM station, but not a satellite station dedicated to classic hip-hop.

#25 72 days ago

Howard 100. With Spotify available for $9.99 a month, it’s the only channel that provides great content (in my opinion) that you can’t get anywhere else.

#26 72 days ago
    Quoted from loneacer:

Yes that's mentioned in my long-winded post
    RTB is ok. I think Backspin was a bit better. My biggest beef with RTB is they play the short version of Rapper's Delight. I'd expect that from an FM station, but not a satellite station dedicated to classic hip-hop.

Sorry, I haven't had my coffee this morning and missed that.

#27 72 days ago

Used to be comedy channel but since they started playing adverts, I've quit paying for it.
    I can listen to radio ads for nothing.

#28 72 days ago

40's Junction
    Spa
    1st Wave
    Ozzie's Boneyard

#29 72 days ago

I no longer sub to Sirius, but there was a Jam channel that was excellent before it was rebranded a Phish channel and ruined it. Maybe it’s been reverted back?

#30 72 days ago

Used to listen to Ozzy's Boneyard and Lithium. Got tired of listening to the same 100 songs over and over; so cancelled about a year ago.

#31 72 days ago

Love Underground Garage on 21. Great variety of music and really enjoy the DJs.

#32 72 days ago

Howard 100. Bought a lifetime subscription over 16 years ago. Best investment ever.

#33 72 days ago

With a lot of Sirius music stations, there's a honeymoon period where you love it and then you realize there's a hard cap on the playlist and you've heard everything they're gonna play. Everything from Hair Nation (around 300 songs) to Indie 1.0, the classic indie station covering 30 years of indie music, which is online only (around 800 songs), those deep cuts you hear are the only deep cuts you are ever gonna hear and you will get sick of them just like you do with the hits. This makes them kind of unlistenable to me, like I might as well just be listening to a Spotify playlist. I wish they would rotate a new selection of deep cuts on the regular to make them worth listening to after the first few months.

I mostly listen to the news channels. No repeats!

#34 72 days ago

Radio Margaritaville
    Classic Vinyl
    Classic Rewind
    Beatles Channel
    80’s on 8
    The Highway
    Lithium
    Fox News

#35 72 days ago

Ozzys boneyard

#36 72 days ago

Since Sirius bought Pandora, I no longer found the need to pay for Sirius since Pandora has the same content. I primarily used Sirius for Howard, but I just download his shows. The kind person who uploads them, removes all commercials. He’s no longer worth paying for since his content is watered down, PC friendly and all gay humor now.

#37 72 days ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Howard 100. Bought a lifetime subscription over 16 years ago. Best investment ever.

I would have bought that, but the fine print said it was for the lifetime of the radio, not the subscriber. Then they changed it to where you could transfer it to a new radio twice during your lifetime. Unless you drove the same couple cars for life, it was only good for a few years. Have they changed that?

#38 72 days ago
    Quoted from JudeRussell:

Secret passion: Listening to rebroadcasts of American Top 40 on the 70's channel on Sunday mornings; because instead of playing the quality stuff that has passed the test of time, you get the stuff that gave the 70s such a bad rap, musically - so bring on the Jim Stafford and Terry Jacks and Ray Stevens and every other gimmicky song and one-hit wonder that hit the charts and then faded into thankful obscurity. Brings it all back!

I'm with you on this. When I still had XM radio this was one of my favorite things to listen to. Top 40 in the 70's had such a wide range of styles mixed together. It really was a crazy, musical free-for-all. Nowadays it seems that every radio station plays a very narrow song list that is designed for a specific audience demographic.

#39 72 days ago
    Quoted from loneacer:

I would have bought that, but the fine print said it was for the lifetime of the radio, not the subscriber. Then they changed it to where you could transfer it to a new radio twice during your lifetime. Unless you drove the same couple cars for life, it was only good for a few years. Have they changed that?

That didn’t matter any longer when they went to streaming. Years ago most stopped buying dedicated radios that become obsolete per car. Same phone radio in house, rental car, other. Hard to find a radio or car without a Aux plug option. 1 Sirius password works on any phone or computer. Best $350 ever.

#40 72 days ago

In order of preference:

Alt Nation
    1st Wave
    Yacht Rock
    80's on 8
    Fantasy Sports Radio
    The Bridge

#41 72 days ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

That didn’t matter any longer when they went to streaming. Years ago most stopped buying dedicated radios that become obsolete per car. Same phone radio in house, rental car, other. Hard to find a radio or car without a Aux plug option. 1 Sirius password works on any phone or computer. Best $350 ever.

Ah I see. I don't have a cell phone, so to stream in my car would have cost me an extra $50 a month or whatever those cost. Would have worked at home or work though.

#42 72 days ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

Radio Margaritaville
    Classic Vinyl
    Classic Rewind
    Beatles Channel
    80’s on 8
    The Highway
    Lithium
    Fox News

Substitute MLB network for Lithium and you have my presets exactly...

#43 72 days ago

Set 58 back in December while it was playing country Christmas. Still have it programmed and it’s my favorite channel for now. Prime country. Most of the songs are new to me. Refreshing!

#44 72 days ago

While I was restoring a 1945 Willys CJ2A with my father in law at his place, we would listen to Willy's Roadhouse. Kind of appropriate I think.

Every time I hear that old timey country music it reminds me of that time with him working on the Jeep.

#45 71 days ago

Usually go with 1st wave as it's pretty kid friendly... That is until they decide to play Sex Drawf at 7:30 in the morning...

#46 71 days ago

Funny I threaten to quit the service every year and they drop the price to keep me. Year after year, the same thing. I usually get somewhere around $85 a year as the final price and the original bill is like $230.

#47 71 days ago

Shade45 but not any of the music besides the pill mix... then rock the bells... then an old skee-lo cd thats been in my car for ten years.

DEC99FA8-4BEC-4894-B92D-7B1091648A8B (resized).jpeg
    #48 71 days ago

XMU & Outlaw Country

#49 71 days ago

Deep Tracks
    Classic Vinyl
    Grateful Dead
    70s on 7 (in limited doses since variety seems to be lacking)
    Bluegrass

#50 71 days ago

SPOTIFY

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 139.00
    $ 49.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 8.00
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
    Pinball Haus
    $ 199.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Lit Frames
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 60.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 54.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 7,000.00
    Pinball Machine
    Arizona Pinball
    $ 6.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    There are 102 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside