Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Kkoss24
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

Hi Friends,

I am working on an article about notable "pinball moments" - meaning the moments that are designed to be awesome - that get your heart racing and fill you with anticipation.

A couple examples: I love the moment in Addams family just before multi ball when lightning strikes and sound builds and lights flicker in anticipation of the multi ball. Another example: in Avengers Infinity Quest when the Hulk spinner is activated and the music builds dramatically as the timer counts down on the point scoring opportunity to blast the spinner for (big) points.

What others come to mind for you? I'd be grateful for your feedback (or a link to a forum thread that I haven't discovered yet).

Thanks!

#4 2 years ago

Breaking into the safe and having a coin roll down the glass towards you in Safecracker.

So awesome!

#5 2 years ago

Horde in TWD

#7 2 years ago

melting the witch

#8 2 years ago

Destroy the ring in LOTR

#9 2 years ago

The first time I played AC/DC and loaded up that cannon and fired it was pretty magical to me. I was new to pinball at the time. It was one of the games that got me hooked.

#10 2 years ago

Bride of Pinbot - Metamorphosis

#11 2 years ago

Some good ones have already been mentioned. Magneto spinner multiball start in X-Men comes to mind.

#12 2 years ago

Many Wizard Modes have great start-of and/or completion-of stuff. Not mentioned so far:
    Whirlwind - Completing the Cellar - love that boom-boom-boom-boom
    Addams - Touring the Mansion (start)
    AFM - Ruling the Universe (finish)
    Monster Bash - starting Lyman's Lament - because harder to do than MofR, which ain't bad itself

For another great multiball start, gotta include F-14!

#13 2 years ago

Dracula triple stack
    Frying Sparky

#14 2 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

No access to that forum, curious.

Here is the post I referred to :

There is one moment I'll always remember and treasure. It happened at my 30th Anniversary party The Bolshoi Goose. Lyman Sheats was here. I had a father bring his daughter, about seven years old. She was playing pinball and having a blast. Lyman had brought some goodies with, so I asked him if he'd autograph a Medieval Madness poster for the little girl. He said sure. I gave the poster to the little girl. You should have seen the look on her face, her very own pinball poster. Thirty years of hard work were nothing in an instant when I saw the happiness on that child. That really made life worth living. The next day the father called and thanked me, that his daughter had the poster hanging on her wall. I told the father that he really should get it framed for the little girl, he asked me why, I told him to check the autograph and the design credits on the poster, that the nice man who signed her poster was very well known in pinball. The father was shocked, and assured me he'd get the poster framed for his daughter so she could enjoy having it for a long time.

LTG : )

#15 2 years ago

Horde. TWD. Great pin and great moment. A pin I regret selling…

#16 2 years ago

Killing Smaug in The Hobbit

Gappa Angry mode in EHOH

Horde mode in TWD

F-14 Tomcat last lock build up and multi-ball

Final battle in The Shadow

Belly laugh insults in Rick & Morty when you're getting your ass handed to you.

#17 2 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

No access to that forum, curious.

You need to go in the forum list section and enable thr "Pinside Basment."

I'll always take a classic TZ Jackpot.

#18 2 years ago

Multiple balls racing around in the Hyperspace ramp on Star Wars Premium/LE FTW.

#19 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

#20 2 years ago

As stated above, killing Smaug on The Hobbit is the best moment I’ve ever seen on a pinball machine. Perfectly coded on every level.

#21 2 years ago

Jurassic Park T. rex multi ball super jack pot

#22 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

With the Power Ball !

#23 2 years ago

The first time I played a Pinball as a child and heard a knocker, I jumped!, would be my earliest.

The one that freaked me out the most, was the First Safecracker coin that smacked me in the chest playing in the dark.
    I thought something bit me.

The most recent was Horde on TWD, and Finally getting it for the first time, a couple weeks ago.

Only TZ repeatedly nails me, even though I know its coming.

#24 2 years ago

Circus Voltaire begin wizard mode.

#25 2 years ago

The AFM Super Jackpot call out is awesome everytime.

#26 2 years ago

The "BILLION" callout in the IJ wizard mode is sure a thrill for many reasons.

#27 2 years ago

Lightsaber Duel in Stern Star Wars.

Double in Cue Ball Wizard.

Big Bang in Party Zone.

Poker Championship in Maverick.

#28 2 years ago

No good gofers

Hit the slam ramp for a Hole in 1

#30 2 years ago

The big Dalek screams in Doctor Who when you sink those portal shots.

#31 2 years ago

Last second applause jackpot GnR,villain KO punch in DP,and “Seisure spinner” in LZ .That’s what gets my blood flowing as of now .

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/favorite-pinball-moments?hl=jonest3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.