Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 38 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by Nintegageo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bgplayfield (resized).jpg
    #1 4 years ago

What's your favorite original theme concept in pinball? As in theme/artwork only, not the quality of the actual gameplay.

Mine is Big Guns. The medieval sci-fi theme is so appealing to me (same as with BK2000), and the playfield is my favorite of Python's art. I love the theme integration of the castle walls in the upper playfield, and the tanks/cannons with the standup targets representing the treads is especially clever.

bgplayfield (resized).jpgbgplayfield (resized).jpg
    #3 4 years ago

Fish Tales

#4 4 years ago

Centaur

#6 4 years ago

I wouldn't say it's my favorite theme, but I've always really liked Dr. Dude's theme. I think it's the perfect kind of cheesy, and always gets a chuckle out of me. I just wish I liked the game itself more...

#7 4 years ago

White water

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from mystman12:

I wouldn't say it's my favorite theme, but I've always really liked Dr. Dude's theme. I think it's the perfect kind of cheesy, and always gets a chuckle out of me. I just wish I liked the game itself more...

I like Dr. Dude quite a bit as well, mostly for just how outrageous a concept it is. Nerd uses mad science to transform into a totally radical surfer dude, and then opens a clinic to do the same for others? I couldn't imagine you'd see a theme like that nowadays. It's like a fusion of Weird Science and Bill and Ted (and the closest thing to a Bill and Ted pinball yet, fingers crossed that will change in the near future).

Some of Chris Granner's finest music, too. Love that jackpot theme.

#9 4 years ago

Funhouse

#10 4 years ago

Hardbody.

#12 4 years ago

White Water
    Totan
    Black Rose
    Banzai Run

#13 4 years ago

No Fear
    Who Dunnit
    Funhouse
    Junkyard
    Paragon
    Black Knight.

#14 4 years ago

I was going to say hardbody. You beat me to the punch. Just love looking at loving Rachel Mclish every day. Hope someone makes a HB2 one day. That is on my bucketlist.

#15 4 years ago

Diner

#16 4 years ago

Attack from Mars for me...cracking pin (original)

#17 4 years ago

Dailed In

#18 4 years ago

Monster Bash!

Drac's getting the band back together and needs your help getting his old buddies back? Sign me up!

#19 4 years ago

Circus, love the calliope music and all that color that always accompanies a circus theme.

#20 4 years ago

Night Rider, Time Machine and Xenon

#21 4 years ago

Torpedo Alley & Transporter the rescue

#22 4 years ago

Pin*Bot.

#23 4 years ago

Who Dunnit? is a great pin and original theme. I’m really surprised it’s not in the Top 100. Maybe that’s because it’s a bit hard to come by. Definitely a sleeper.

#24 4 years ago

Pure theme, I'd probably go with Wrath of Olympus. There is just so much to work with in Greek mythology. I also really like Cactus Canyon, and would love to see a new gunslinger theme. There are so many good choice though: Medieval Madness, High Speed, Theater of Magic, Attack From Mars, Whirlwind, Funhouse, Comet, etc.

#25 4 years ago

I like the cut of your jib. Big Guns is great.

Mine is funhouse. It’s the total package for me. So well done. Big Guns is the better theme for me, but the added depth of funhouse and just how well they integrated that theme, it’s tops for me.

#26 4 years ago

TNA
    -Mike

#27 4 years ago

Theatre of Magic & Circus Voltaire

#28 4 years ago

I'm surprised no one has mentioned medieval madness as their favorite... MM is my pick hands down. The call outs get me every time.

#29 4 years ago

AFM and FUNHOUSE

#30 4 years ago

Whirlwind, whitewater and dialed in. I like the nature/disaster themes.

#31 4 years ago

Pinbot is a masterpiece.

#32 4 years ago

Deadly Weapon

#33 4 years ago

DI

#34 4 years ago

Tales of the Arabian Nights and Dialed In.

#35 4 years ago

I mean, there are so many good ones...

Who dunnit is incredible. Really a nice world they created for the pin. White water and Fish Tales are also super cute and campy, without the need for a movie license or whatever to get you to know exactly what's going on.

But for me, I'd have to say medieval madness. What a home run of a theme. It could have just been dark and gritty, but that isn't what that game is all about. It pulled off the humor without relying on a comedy style theme, and yet it sucks you in with the voice acting and artwork, too.

#36 4 years ago

Another vote here for Dialed In. Crazy loaded with features, deep code, unique rules, and great custom asset work.

#37 4 years ago

No fear is a licensed theme. It was a clothing line and extreme sports theme for years.

3 years later
    #38 7 months ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

I mean, there are so many good ones...
    Who dunnit is incredible. Really a nice world they created for the pin. White water and Fish Tales are also super cute and campy, without the need for a movie license or whatever to get you to know exactly what's going on.
    But for me, I'd have to say medieval madness. What a home run of a theme. It could have just been dark and gritty, but that isn't what that game is all about. It pulled off the humor without relying on a comedy style theme, and yet it sucks you in with the voice acting and artwork, too.

Those and Diner are my Top 5 90s original themes.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/favorite-original-theme?hl=vanishingvision and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.