hardintwain (resized).jpg
devidians (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
1 (resized).JPG
Timescape (resized).jpg
IMG_1671 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpeg

There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

Potential 15 plus year spoilers ahead...

My favorite next generation episode is the perfect mate.

Not what you would expect, perhaps. I loved many many episodes but the perfect mate is my favorite.
http://www.startrek.com/database_article/perfect-mate-the

What is your favorite episode?

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#2 6 years ago

Data's Day

#3 6 years ago

Tapestry.

LTG : )

#4 6 years ago

"they're carving us up like a roast"

#5 6 years ago

Inner light. Living a lifetime in a matter of minutes was a very interesting Picard episode where he has another life, kids and grand kids due to encountering a probe in space. Theres alot of great writting on that show. And the final episode with Q was perfect. Geek flag up high on this topic!

#6 6 years ago

Please no one say Best of Both Worlds. To obvious of a choice.

#7 6 years ago

Inner lights my favorite too - have watched it at least 10 times.... Amazing

IMG_1671 (resized).JPGIMG_1671 (resized).JPG

#8 6 years ago

The Measure of a Man was a really good episode

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

My favorite next generation episode is the perfect mate.

"I am for you, Alrik of Valt."

This is one of my favorites:

Timescape (resized).jpgTimescape (resized).jpg

#10 6 years ago

Measure of a man is good. But my favorite is the series finale. I like the look forward in time, the revisit to the first episode. It really tied the series up nicely. I think very few other series have been able to accomplish that like TNG did.

#11 6 years ago

I liked the one with the ship and the bald guy and the lasers go boom and the one guy wears a hair comb over his eyes and also there's the people with the lumpy foreheads star trek is good

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from Renegade:

Measure of a man is good. But my favorite is the series finale. I like the look forward in time, the revisit to the first episode. It really tied the series up nicely. I think very few other series have been able to accomplish that like TNG did.

I agree. Both are absolutely perfect bookends to the show.

#13 6 years ago

Hands down my fav episode, Picard lives a lifetime, grows old becomes a grandfather only to awake and do it all over again! This episode reminds me of having a vivid dream of my own alternate future to wake up disoriented and be comforted by my own present unchanged.

1 (resized).JPG1 (resized).JPG

#14 6 years ago

Inner Light also and by the way a few years ago they auctioned off some of the items from the show. One was the flute from that show. I think it went for around $100,000.00.

#15 6 years ago

Measure of a Man as others have said
Family - where Picard goes back to France to sort himself out after the BOBW Borg abduction
Darmok
Schisms - Riker is class in this...

#16 6 years ago

I've seen these lists of people's favorites before, and I must be on the total opposite spectrum from most people because the inner light and darmok are two of my least favorite episodes. I prefer the episodes like the one with the romulan defector, Q throwing the enterprise across space to meet the borg for the first time, etc.

#17 6 years ago

Measure of Man (extended).

#18 6 years ago

Yesterday's Enterprise.

#19 6 years ago

The finale is (one of) my favorites - not many shows can pull off what they did with that - revisiting the entire show premise, turning it a bit on Its head but without alienating the fan base. Few (any?) shows have as much hope and vision as STTNG did. I would even submit it has more of it than even TNG

Another great B-movie-inspired episode is the one where the crew save Picard and Data are devolving into primitive versions of their species. I always thought it was hilarious how Troi became some sort of weird frog thing.

I also loved the Data Sherlock Holmes episodes

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from Grayman_EM:

Inner Light also and by the way a few years ago they auctioned off some of the items from the show. One was the flute from that show. I think it went for around $100,000.00.

As I read this I started hearing a flute in my head. But it was kill bills.

Still so weird to experience memories in this way now. It's the stroke and three brain surgeries that did it.

So I should have heard Picards flute as I read this, but instead I heard David carradines.

#21 6 years ago

I am going to rewatched the series finale right now.

#22 6 years ago

I'm working my way through the series for the first time in my 30 years; but any time I see Q's name in the title I get unreasonably excited.

#23 6 years ago

"Cause and Effect" - STNG meets Groundhog Day.

Also two others whose names escape me - one where crew members are kidnapped and experimented on while they sleep, and they recreate the experience in the holodeck; the other, I believe Worf returns to the Enterprise after a bat'leth tournament, and at the end, hundreds of Enterprises from alternate dimensions start appearing in our universe.

#24 6 years ago

I have seen every episode and "Q Who" is my favorite. It is rare to see Q or the Borg in episodes which are always great. This is the only episode to feature both.

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from Topher5000:

Yesterday's Enterprise.

This! It is by far my favorite episode.

#27 6 years ago

"Skin of Evil."Mar 19, 2012

#28 6 years ago

For me it's "Time's Arrow" (both parts). Despite having the least exciting season-ending cliffhanger ever, there's a lot to like: Data's head being found under San Francisco where it had been for 500 years, Jerry Hardin's portrayal of Mark Twain which he enjoyed doing so much he created a one man show, the creepy ghost-like dudes ingesting "life force" through holes in their foreheads, Data's 19th century "inventing" making the Professor on Gilligan's Island look like a rank amateur (though to be fair he did have more than bamboo and coconuts to work with), the poker game, Troi impersonating Data describing friendship (“As I experience certain sensory input patterns, my mental pathways become accustomed to them. The inputs eventually are anticipated and even missed when absent.”)...

Actually, after not having watched STTNG for 20 years, I was rather haunted by the dim memory of the ghost dudes (Devidians) and just recently spent some time trying to figure out which episode they were from. So once I found it I enjoyed the heck out of it.

datahead (resized).jpgdatahead (resized).jpg

hardintwain (resized).jpghardintwain (resized).jpg

devidians (resized).jpgdevidians (resized).jpg

#29 6 years ago

deep space nine, season 3 , onwards.....

#30 6 years ago

I like the one where Kirk threw a rock at that reptilian dude.

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

deep space nine, season 3 , onwards.....

DS9 is my favorite of all the shows. Yes, it really picks up speed staring with Season 3.

#32 6 years ago

Anything with Q in it is great to watch.

The two that stand out is the one where the Enterprise is caught in a time loop and it destroyed over and over. Brilliant.

The other is the one where Picard is stranded on a planet, lives a full life, than is transported back only because the civilization wanted to imprint it's existence in his memory.

The Borg is boring.

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

Inner lights my favorite too - have watched it at least 10 times.... Amazing

I only watched it twice and it makes me cry, so no more.....

#34 6 years ago

Inner Light is certainly a popular choice. I tend to prefer more unique, higher concept episodes. Cause and Effect is thus a favorite of mine too, but

Quoted from dothedoo:

This is one of my favorites:

Yeah, Timescape is tops for me. I like the concept and especially the clever play on landscape. One of my favorite titles of anything, if that can be a thing.

Props for mentioning Time's Arrow, definitely an underrated episode in general.

The other one I'll throw out (probably my 2nd favorite) I haven't seen mentioned yet is The First Duty. Before Enterprise (I think) came out, one rumor was it would be a Starfleet Academy series. This episode really shows you what could've been, but sadly wasn't. Still think it would kick ass.

DS9 is the best Trek series by a wide margin IMHO.

#35 6 years ago

Agreed. James Doohan was such a great ambassador for the franchise I like them coming up with a good story to put him in an episode. The book was better but they still did a nice job on this one.

#36 6 years ago

Im going to rewatch all of these episodes mentioned mostly.

Why not they were all good.

I was thinking of watching them all. Again.

I'm not sure I have the time right now. I will though. Watch them all again.

I really liked the one episode mentioned where the story involved disappearing staff and experiments to them by aliens. While they slept. They would wake up having been split apart and recombined in half, without remembering anything.

It was a side story right. But come on. That is not something the crew needs. Creepy.

#37 6 years ago

I rewatched the final episode so far. Excellent. What a show. Now on to the rest of some of them.

Just again astounded it was a great show.

#38 6 years ago

One of my friends is a huge fan I think he just finished his next gen trans light signed by all cast members.

Another one of my friends has a next gen in the house too. I sense a pattern.

#40 6 years ago

Darmok is good one too.

Love Data, but too many episodes. The worst ones are ones like Sherlock Holmes nonsense in the holodeck.... zzz

Here is a classic early episode where the guy's head explodes. Riker with no beard too... how youthful. Scanners tribute???

#42 6 years ago

I started watching at the end of season 1.

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballbuyer:

Inner light. Living a lifetime in a matter of minutes was a very interesting Picard episode where he has another life, kids and grand kids due to encountering a probe in space. Theres alot of great writting on that show. And the final episode with Q was perfect. Geek flag up high on this topic!

+1

#44 6 years ago

Mr. Woof!

Mrs. Troi had the best line for addressing Worf.

I've seen them all, few I didn't enjoy.

#45 6 years ago

Inner Light my favorite, and it was also Sir Patrick Stewart's favorite as well.

Others high on my list, as many of listed as their favorites . . .
Cause and effect
Relics
Perfect Mate
Chain of command

Galaxies child -- between La Forge meeting the real Dr. Brahms and the space living baby being weened, just lots of good laughs in that one "Is the appellation 'Junior' to be the lifeform's official name?", It also becomes a cute bit when La Forge shares the story with Scotty.

Most Klingon related episodes are good.
Agree with others, Borg stuff got old after awhile.
Data centric episodes are hit and miss. I find the Lor episodes to be annoying for some reason.

#46 6 years ago

When the walls fell!

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

Here is a classic early episode where the guy's head explodes. Riker with no beard too... how youthful. Scanners tribute???

There were a couple of good early episodes that featured those insect-like aliens, which IIRC had infiltrated some of Star Fleet command's officers host bodies. It's a shame that storyline never went any further, it would have made for some really good episodes once the show found its groove in later seasons.

#48 6 years ago

Chain of Command is number one for me. IMG_5294 (resized).JPGIMG_5294 (resized).JPG

#49 6 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

There were a couple of good early episodes that featured those insect-like aliens, which IIRC had infiltrated some of Star Fleet command's officers host bodies. It's a shame that storyline never went any further, it would have made for some really good episodes once the show found its groove in later seasons.

Agreed. Looking now in hindsight that should have easily been a 2 part episode. They didn't build it up enough.

Also - I'm surprised how many people like Darmock! I always skip past that one. All the repetitious dialog drives me nuts.

#50 6 years ago

The Pegasus

There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/favorite-next-gen-episode and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.