Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Rum-Z
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

what is your absolute favorite move to execute?
me, im a fan of the narrow escape from williams indiana jones, and the "centaur bump".
a close second is a rolling pass on an old school 2 inch flipper EM such as flying carpet.

post your favorites!!!

#2 9 years ago

Any of the crazy difficult shot combos, like the 3 way in whirlwind or TZ

#3 9 years ago

Drop catches are fun. Also alley passes.

#4 9 years ago

The Picard maneuver, its just fantastic!

And if you do several ones, the best feeling ever.

Axl

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from stainedundies:

a rolling pass on an old school 2 inch flipper EM such as flying carpet.

Helluva move if you can do it on Flying Carpet. A game that doesn't have 2 inch flippers.

#6 9 years ago

Mine would be a bangback...if I could actually do one.

Of moves I actually can execute, I'd say an opportunistic backhand with the ball moving toward the flipper (ie using the right flipper with the ball moving left to right or vice versa). Even better if it's a shot you can't backhand when the ball comes down the inlane.

#7 9 years ago

Taf 3 way combo,left ramp jackpot.very satisfying for me.

Quoted from Circus_Animal:Mine would be a bangback..

Not interested in attempting that,but that's just me.

#8 9 years ago

Currently I'm loving when you get a flow going between 2 ramps back and fourth. JM at the moment I'm really enjoying left ramp, right ramp, left ramp, right ramp...etc. Feels great when you get into the groove.

Probably though overall is when you have older games with outlane posts and a wire gate e.g. Centaur and you find the sweet spot to bump the ball back into play, super satisfying.

#9 9 years ago

Whirlwind million ramp shot is fun, I also enjoy the fastbreak mode on space jam where it just keeps feeding the ball to the right flipper for basket shots. That basket shot is a satisfying shot even if it is easy.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from chalkup8:

Not interested in attempting that,but that's just me.

I only ever try it on my own machines or on location games that the operator obviously doesn't give a shit about. I wouldn't do it on a game that's been looked after unless I knew the owner was okay with it.

#11 9 years ago

On TOTAN, ricocheting off the left targets and hitting the right targets to get two letters in SESAME with one shot is a great feeling.

Also, the ramp on Last Action Hero is surprisingly satisfying - probably something to do with the low angle and the shape of the curve.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from Circus_Animal:

Of moves I actually can execute, I'd say an opportunistic backhand with the ball moving toward the flipper (ie using the right flipper with the ball moving left to right or vice versa). Even better if it's a shot you can't backhand when the ball comes down the inlane.

i call that a bouncehand!!!

#13 9 years ago

I've been loving the combo Piston shot on Metallica as a way to collect the increasing "End Of Line" jackpot. Sometimes I just like to play a game to see how high I can get the jackpot up to. Love the revving engine sound call out, how it feeds back to the left flipper so you can start it again, and how tough of a shot it is (very very tip of the right flipper, and you kinda have to do it on the fly)

#14 9 years ago

Hitting the mist ball with another ball into the coffin lock on BSD. Hard to set up, time and execute...but very satisfying especially if it also stacks another multiball.

Eric

#15 9 years ago

I like live catches on any machine. My favorite machine specific move is on TZ. If the "Dead End" is lit in the right inlane, it's fun to catch the ball on the left flipper and cradle it. Then shoot the ball off the tip of the left flipper up the right inlane, hitting the Dead End switch. Dead End will light, and the ball will roll back down the right inlane. It's a challenge to then shoot the ball up to the Dead End through the pop bumpers with the right flipper. If you pull this combo off, it feels pretty darn sweet.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/favorite-move-to-bust and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.