Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by jwo825
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

So, what is your favorite mis-hit in all of pinball?
By mis-hit I mean a shot or target that is hit unintentionally either by aiming for another shot or not aiming at all!
Odd but cool shots from upper flippers are included too.

My current favorite is the "bumper assisted right ramp shot" on Roadshow. The right ramp has to be shot through the jet bumpers and very occasionally if the shot is made too far to the right side of the shot, the ball will make contact with the right-most bumper which will propel it up and around the ramp! Pretty satisfying if you ask me!

What are some of your favorites? Please share!

#2 5 years ago

I saw someone make a bumper assisted lock shot on Getaway once. Ball was bouncing around in the pops and then just made a crazy bounce up that mini-ramp and into the lock.

#3 5 years ago

The header in striker xtreme is actually pretty cool, sometimes you hit the goalie and it bounces back off the header and gets past him for a goal.

#4 5 years ago

I love the 3 bank ricochet in Black Rose where the ball bounces off the torch, gunpowder, and cannon ball spot targets. I also like the sneak attack in the game, where the ball goes up the left ramp but before heading into the loop, it rolls down the locker ramp.

#5 5 years ago

How about the ramp post piano shot in TZ.

#6 5 years ago

Baywatch, aiming for shark scoop results in ball bouncing off upper left flipper and going up side ramp.

#7 5 years ago

Funhouse; if you're early on the trapdoor shot Rudy cops it in the mouth.

#8 5 years ago

TAF missed upper flipper shot to the side ramp caroms up the Thing ramp. Happens a ton and especially pleasing when lit for lock or extra ball!

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from Gotpins:

How about the ramp post piano shot in TZ.

I've used this shot on purpose to make a few last second Jackpots in TZ. It always feel super statisfying to pull it off.

Another one on TZ would be the pop bumper assist up to the Dead End under the mini-playfield. This is a rarity on my TZ, but it has happened.

#10 5 years ago

Yesterday I was playing White Water and got two advance raft awards in a row. How? Shooting for No Way Out and bricking by going up the Secret Passage then coming back down it. Doubt it registered the points or the advance twice. I certainly didn't advance twice down river.

Actually scratch what I said before. This one is my favorite.

#11 5 years ago

Ball lock in CV when the ball falls off the ringmasters head onto the ramp.

There are several in Tron:
- Gem shot of the drop targets
- Gem shot out of the disc (only seen done with the clear disc). Ball comes out with so much spin it back up into it.
- Quarra shot out of the disc (only seen done with the clear disc). Ball comes out with so much spin it back up into it.
- Left ramp shout out of the disc (only seen done with the clear disc). Had it happen a couple times on a friends game where it shot out of the disc so hard that it hit the top of the left sling and bounced back up the left ramp. That clear disc does crazy things.

#12 5 years ago

Best is in AFM when you only have the scoop martian left to kill, you miss and the ball goes into the hole.

"Haw Haw, you missed me!" says the Martian.

#13 5 years ago

There's a good one on Mustang that I've only had happen a few times, a real rarity...if you hit the RPM targets JUST RIGHT sometimes the ball can arc across the face of the GEARS drop targets and drop multiple targets starting with the "S" target and sweeping across the face to clear them as long as there isn't one down in the way. So if you have G(E)ARS and e is down, you'll drop the ARS.

#14 5 years ago

I recently discovered in Sharkey's Shootout you can pop the ball from the right outlane into the shooter lane with the post. It's pretty awesome and I've never done it intentionally.

The most satisfying one is WCS, bricking off anything into Final Draw because I can never hit Final Draw directly...

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I've used this shot on purpose to make a few last second Jackpots in TZ. It always feel super statisfying to pull it off.

It's the Hail Mary shot when the jackpot light goes out but you know you have that extra second to get in there.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from Gotpins:

It's the Hail Mary shot when the jackpot light goes out but you know you have that extra second to get in there.

Exactly!! I love it!!

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Ball lock in CV when the ball falls off the ringmasters head onto the ramp.
There are several in Tron:
- Gem shot of the drop targets
- Gem shot out of the disc (only seen done with the clear disc). Ball comes out with so much spin it back up into it.
- Quarra shot out of the disc (only seen done with the clear disc). Ball comes out with so much spin it back up into it.
- Left ramp shout out of the disc (only seen done with the clear disc). Had it happen a couple times on a friends game where it shot out of the disc so hard that it hit the top of the left sling and bounced back up the left ramp. That clear disc does crazy things.

YUP!

#18 5 years ago

Getting the lock shot by bricking off the piano in TZ is also something I'm usually happy with. TZ is a good one for missed shots.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

I saw someone make a bumper assisted lock shot on Getaway once. Ball was bouncing around in the pops and then just made a crazy bounce up that mini-ramp and into the lock.

I just want to take credit for this.
Was it planned? No.
Did I even realize I did it? No.
Was it cool as hell? Oh yeah.

#20 5 years ago

Do the targets on either side of the ramp that trigger the "A little more to the left" and "A little more to the right" callouts in Big Bang Bar count as a mishit?

2 months later
#21 5 years ago

Here's something else that just happened. Dracula, ball 3, drained second ball during mist multiball. The left mist return gate just happened to still be open, and I accidentally shot the ball (as in "loaded" the mist ball) into the gate from the right flipper. My ball as a result "drains," assuming the routine for reloading the mist ball was skipped because the game saw the ball was already "staged," thus counting my mist multiball drain as a single ball drain and ending the game. What.

#22 5 years ago

I used to get air balls when bricking the IJ right ramp shot. That's the most common way I've gotten the ball to fall into the lock behind the drops and give the "You cheat, Dr. Jones!" callout.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 115.00
Playfield - Other
Great American Pinball
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside