(Topic ID: 242921)

Favorite Marvel (MCU) Movie

By PinDoctor82

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What is your favorite MCU film?”

• Avengers 4 votes
      9%
    • Avengers Age of Ultron 0 votes
    • Avengers Infinity War 2 votes
      5%
    • Avengers Endgame 4 votes
      9%
    • Iron Man (1, 2 or 3) 7 votes
      16%
    • Captain America (First Avenger, Winter Soldier, or Civil War) 6 votes
      14%
    • Guardians of the Galaxy (Vol. I or Vol. II) 12 votes
      27%
    • Thor (original, Dark World, or Ragnarok) 4 votes
      9%
    • Black Panther 0 votes
    • Captain Marvel 0 votes
    • Spiderman: Homecoming 0 votes
    • Ant Man or Ant Man & The Wasp 0 votes
    • Doctor Strange 5 votes
      11%
    • The Incredible Hulk 0 votes

(44 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190514223632664-1 (resized).jpg
    #1 4 years ago

Given all of the well-deserved hype and discussion about the last two Avengers films, and really all Marvel cinematic universe films these days, I figured it was good to get some input.

Here are my top 10 MCU films:
    1. Avengers Assemble (pulling off a movie with this many characters the first time and making it work is something special)
    2. Avengers Infinity War (Thanos had so much depth and the ending of the film has all the feels)
    3. Avengers Endgame (this also has a lot of the feels, but it's not as good as its predecessor in my opinion)
    4. Guardians of the Galaxy (a group of characters I didn't know much about before the film came out really became instant favorites)
    5. Captain America Civil War (basically another Avengers film and way better than Age of Ultron; Black Panther was so awesome)
    6. Iron Man (I doubted Robert Downey, Jr. big time and I was wrong...incredibly wrong, plus Jeff Bridges - enough said)
    7. Captain America Winter Soldier (probably the best true action film in the entire MCU in my opinion)
    8. Thor Ragnarok (a lot of fun from start to finish, I just wish Hulk wasn't turned into such a comedy act)
    9. Captain America First Avenger (a great origin story film)
    10. Ant Man (a character that seemed so stupid to make a movie about but the movie and character were awesome)

Holy crap that was hard...

#2 4 years ago

Nice !! I’m obsessed with MCU and love to talk about it. I was looking up different lists ranking the MCU movies was funny to see the views of IM2 and 3 which the two lists had in widely different places one places IM 2 and 3 in the bottom third.

IMO Hulk does not belong, I realize that it’s part of the MCU but does not have any crossover actors with the other movies at
    all. I throw that one out the window.

My vote ... is IM 1 the first is still the best plus I own IM pin and love the Monger and the movie quotes “Where do you think
    you’re going?”

Since you combined all the IM movies it’s hard for me to see any movie topping those.

#3 4 years ago

1. Avengers
    2. Infinity War
    3. Ragnarok (Total re-birth of the Thor character, the first
    two Thor movies were meh and this was a great change of pace)
    4. Spiderman Homecoming (The scene with Peter Parker and
    Vulture in the car before the prom is spectacular)
    5. Iron Man
    6. Guardians of the Galaxy (like the OP I had no idea who
    these characters were but the movie had a stellar plot and was the
    funniest MCU movie by far)
    7. End Game
    8. Captain America First Avenger
    9. Civil War (good but overrated, the conflict between Iron
    Man and Captain America seemed too manufactured)
    10. Ant Man

#4 4 years ago

Without seeing endgame yet, here's how I think I might rank
    them:

Iron Man
    Captian America Winter Soldier
    Guardians of the Galaxy
    Captain America The First Avenger
    Doctor Strange
    Captain America Civil War
    Captain Marvel
    Guardians of the Galaxy 2
    Avengers Infinity War
    Thor Ragnarock
    Avengers Endgame
    Avengers Age of Ultron
    Avengers
    Iron Man 2
    Thor
    Thor Dark World
    Black Panther
    Spiderman Homecoming
    Iron Man 3
    Ant Man / Ant Man and the Wasp
    Incredible Hulk

I basically ordered them by a mix of how much I enjoyed them, how many times I've rewatched them, and how good of a film I think it actually was.

[edit]: added endgame

#5 4 years ago

I would have listed each movie individually, but the poll would have been way too long. I think it's safe to say that Captain America had the best overall division of the MCU outside of Avengers. I'm still scratching my head about Age of Ultron, which just didn't seem to mean that much in the overall scheme of things. Iron Man and Iron Man 3 were good, but 2 was pretty bad in my opinion. The end battle with Whiplash was not even 2 minutes long, and I still don't know how the character survives being rammed by a car multiple times and pinned during the race in the early part of the film when he isn't wearing any real armor.

#6 4 years ago

For me my list is
    1 Guardians Of The Galaxy
    2 Thor Ragnarok
    3 The Avengers
    4 Captain America The Winter Soldier
    5 Iron Man
    6 Spider-Man Homecoming
    7 Avengers Endgame
    8 Doctor Strange
    9 Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol.2
    10 Ant-Man And The Wasp
    11 Ant-Man
    12 Avengers Infinity War
    13 Thor
    14 Captain Marvel
    15 Iron Man 2
    16 Captain America The First Avenger
    17 Black Panther
    18 Captain America Civil War
    19 Avengers Age Of Ultron
    20 Iron Man 3
    21 The Incredible Hulk
    22 Thor The Dark World.

#7 4 years ago

Avengers Endgame and Infinity Gauntlet are tied. Followed by Spider-man Homecoming, then the first half of Captain America the first Avenger.

None of the others really resonated with me. I probably should have stopped watching these 20 movies ago.

#8 4 years ago

No Spiderverse? I thought that was one of the most original titles in years.

#9 4 years ago

Captain America winter soldier is my favorite marvel movie

#10 4 years ago

Ragnarok is prolly my favorite. I was expecting it to be so much less.....what a fun movie. Hulk got kickass screen time too

#11 4 years ago

Just saw endgame.

11 years (almost to the day!) from beginning to end. What an adventure.

20190514223632664-1 (resized).jpg20190514223632664-1 (resized).jpg

#12 4 years ago

Ragnarok was funny as hell - great balanced movie. But my favorites are always the Cap ones. Winter Solder far beyond the other 2, IMO. That is a perfectly made movie.

#13 4 years ago

I guess it’s not really part of all this but I liked Deadpool 2 the most .

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

No Spiderverse? I thought that was one of the most original titles in years.

Good flick but not part of the MCU officially

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/favorite-marvel-mcu-movie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.