• Latest reply 7 years ago by JBK
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SkywayLoop (resized).jpg
20161124_182541 (resized).jpg
There are 90 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

I've recently been becoming a fan of these, so what's your favorite?

To be clear, a loopable shot is a single shot which returns the ball to the same flipper the shot was made from. Comboing two ramps doesn't count. For instance, the upper loop on The Getaway, the main ramp on Police Force, or the left ramp on Star Trek

I've been finding the upper side-ramp shot on my Black Rose can be very satisfying to hit over and over, even more than the whirlpool ramp (Trudeau seems to have a thing for loopable shots...)

#2 7 years ago

The getaway lower freeway loop is very satisfying if you can get it looping but it's not easy!!

#3 7 years ago

I personally like hitting the Monster Slide on EATPM over and over. 5 shots or so and the Million shot. LONG shot too, all the way around the ramps...

#4 7 years ago

Skyway Loop on the upper playfield of BK2K. Whips around there so fast, you gotta be in the zone!

SkywayLoop (resized).jpgSkywayLoop (resized).jpg

I like that the game tracks the "Loop Champion" among the high scores. I was stuck at 5 for quite a while, until one day recently my brain, hand, and machine inexplicably synced up perfectly and I hit ELEVEN consecutive loops.

20161124_182541 (resized).jpg20161124_182541 (resized).jpg

I'll probably never break this record.

#5 7 years ago

Royal Rumble around the ring.
Baywatch tower.
WOZ around the house.

#6 7 years ago

Scared Stiff the Boney Beast ramp - The points don't matter, that shot just feels good.

#7 7 years ago

BSD, left ramp.

#8 7 years ago

Banzai Run victory lap from the right flipper.
Comes back pretty fast and only managed 3 or 4 in a row.
Good fun though.

#9 7 years ago

Hook wind coaster. Ok game but the shot is a lot of fun and the lightshow is great.

#10 7 years ago

The Shadow loop is a good one as well

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

The Shadow loop is a good one as well

I've had TS for a year and half now and I think my best is 3 consecutive shots for this loop. It is a great loop but it is really hard to get the timing correct.

I like the upper flipper shot on DW. It isn't hard shot at all but still satisfying to hit it over and over.

#12 7 years ago

Picard maneuver on STTNG is quite exhilarating to hit multiple times as well.

#13 7 years ago

+1 on the BK2K loop! What a rush!!

Honorable mentions:
BK2K - U-Turn
Gladiators - "U" - "L" loop
No Fear - Jump Ramp

#15 7 years ago

I find the Bow and Arrow bonus collect saucer with a maxed bonus satisfyingly repeatable, and it does not reset the bonus.
ST warp ramp is great but I can rarely find it.

#16 7 years ago

Flash. Hard as hell to do, but so rewarding when you hit it.

The prototypical Steve Ritchie loop shot of which all others followed.

#17 7 years ago

Mousin Around. The left orbit loops around the whole playfield it is a blast to loop. Almost as if a mouse is scurrying around.

#18 7 years ago

Black Belt. Left kick then right kick.

#19 7 years ago

Star Trek warp shot - "Warp 1. Warp 2. Warp 3. Warp 4..."
No Fear jump ramp

#20 7 years ago

Congo upper flipper loop under the volcano.

#21 7 years ago

I'm a pretty hig fan of nailing Disaster Drop a few times in a row in WH20, but for me nothing beats the warp ramp in Star Trek. Bonus points for hitting the right orbit in Iron Man multiple times.

#22 7 years ago

I agree with the warp ramp in star trek. Especially since its so valuable leading to extra ball and double scoring.

#23 7 years ago

I am addicted to Doctor Who. The cliffhanger loop is incredibly satisfying.

I don't have as many games on it yet but I am digging the speed from Johny Mnemonic too. Crazy fast loops on that game

#24 7 years ago

Johnny Mnemonic's loops can be really fun if you can keep hitting it over and over. But I don't know if this fits the OP's description in the first post

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Johnny Mnemonic's loops can be really fun if you can keep hitting it over and over. But I don't know if this fits the OP's description in the first post

Personally I wouldn't count an orbit (which is what I assume you mean) as returning the ball 'to the flipper' (maybe I should have said 'feeds the ball to the flipper'?), but I do stand in awe any time someone actually manages to loop an orbit without catching the ball first

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Ahhhh. I misread that. So I'm sticking with Doctor Who then lol

#27 7 years ago

Star Trek Warp Ramp (this is definitely the most adrenaline)
MM orbit shot
TOM inner loop around the trunk
TOM outer orbit

#28 7 years ago

Some of my favorites are:

Lock ramp on AFM during Total Annihilation is enjoyable and valuable
Center ramp on Bad Cats for the callout
Either ramp on Diner or Scared Stiff with the increasing rewards
Arena ramp on TWD because of how difficult and dangerous it is to loop it

Quoted from maffewl:

Baywatch tower.

That's a good one!

#29 7 years ago

On BSD, I like that the DMD zooms in on the door every time you make a loop and that sound is forever ingrained in my head.

Is the right ramp on Indy 500 loopable? I think it is but it has that diverter that catches it for multiball.

#30 7 years ago

I also love that left flipper loop shot on Getaway

#31 7 years ago

The left ramp shot on CFTBL (which sounds like it was copied from Flash!)... fun as hell to loop it once, twice, especially during multiball when you get it once... tw- DAMN IT, SDTM!!

#32 7 years ago

A lot of votes will be for upper PF loops, and I agree, they all rock. So to differentiate them, I look at what makes them special. For me, it was first the jump ramp on NF as its blazing quick and a dedicated loop with a gap jump.

But then I started playing ST and the warp ramp is amazing as it goes up, disappears, and reappears back on the lower level. It's beyond satisfying and on a great game and is partly why we bought one. I'll get kicked in the nuts if I don't give BK2K some love, and it's upper loop is fun, but it doesn't compare to ST or NF in my opinion.

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

which sounds like it was copied from Flash!

I get the feeling many were. If there was one before it, it's not coming to mind right now.

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I get the feeling many were. If there was one before it, it's not coming to mind right now.

I've heard that it was somewhere too, but can't remember off hand

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Hit it 3 or 4 times in a row and the ball becomes a mere blur.

#36 7 years ago

So many good ones mentioned. Dr who is one of my faves because not alot of games loop from left to right. Game of thrones center ramp, ghostbusters loopin supers, shadow loops. Im always trying to get loop champ on getaway as well.

#37 7 years ago

Before reading OPs definition of repeatable shot, I initially thought of a combo of ramps or a "repeatable 2 shot".

If we we're talking about that king or repeatable shot, I would have said Taxi, T2, and FT. Those criss-cross ramps on Taxi and FT are awesome!

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

Before reading OPs definition of repeatable shot, I initially thought of a combo of ramps or a "repeatable 2 shot".
If we we're talking about that king or repeatable shot, I would have said Taxi, T2, and FT. Those criss-cross ramps on Taxi and FT are awesome!

I played JM for the first time a month ago and those ramps are fun to shoot over and over.

#39 7 years ago

Warp ramp on stern Star Trek when you get it going. Warp 9.9!

#40 7 years ago

Agree with many, Stern Star Trek warp ramp! Has to be one of the most satisfying shots in all of pinball to hit consecutively.

Shadow Loop also is a favourite, 5 in a row is my best.

#41 7 years ago

No fear jump ramp (if working correctly) is insanely fun, and when he yells ''AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!'' It's hard not to break concentration.

Guns N' Roses is a good one on a dialed in game, otherwise it can be a bitch.

STTNG is a good one, as is Stern Star Trek too.

#42 7 years ago

Doctor Who - Time Streams
"Sonic BOOM!"

Right and central ramps can be used with game flow under this "Pfutz" design.
A much better challenge than shooting the pop bumpers for the video mode, or MB.

#43 7 years ago

Orbit shot on Blackout.

#44 7 years ago

Right cart path on NGG

#45 7 years ago

Star Trek warp ramp is my favorite as well.

Avengers Black Widow ramp is satisfying just to hit it once. If you can string together a few clean hits in a row, it's like you just did the impossible.

#46 7 years ago

Johnny... right orbit

#47 7 years ago

If we're allowed to count 2-shots, I like the Met ramps and FT ramps. For single-shots I'd say High Speed's upper loop.

#48 7 years ago

Warp factor shots on sttng. The shot itself is good, the accompanying sounds are great, and the adrenaline rush getting to the top is incredible.

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

Star Trek warp shot - "Warp 1. Warp 2. Warp 3. Warp 4..."

X2 this is the most fun and satisfying repeatable loop in pinball IMHO

#50 7 years ago

DW for sure... the whole W.H.O. loop... not just the center loop but the whole Sonic Boom bonus.

SG is pretty fun too to get the full Combo.
faz

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

4,500 (OBO)
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 90 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/favorite-loopablerepeatable-shot/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.