Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 190 posts
  • 106 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by JethroP
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5737 2 (resized).JPG
    F39500BD-214D-4807-A3AB-9AC56837CD55 (resized).png
    ELO - _Evil Woman_ Live @ The Fabulous Forum, Los Angeles, 8_6_18 - YouTube (resized).jpeg
    Slayer at the Forum (resized).jpeg
    _ (20) (resized).jpeg
    8A4DCC7D-53D4-49DD-BA4C-8CB96AAFA23C (resized).jpeg
    57333D34-0460-48DC-A6BB-51EBCB3CAA25 (resized).jpeg
    E5315277-227D-41BB-B061-73B415D8E3BD (resized).jpeg
    51rjTV5sNrL._SY580_ (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20221218-094706 (resized).png
    IMG_20221217_135633_8~2 (resized).jpg
    Van Hallen with Black Sabbath, in Tour tougher, (1978)_ (resized).jpeg
    _ (2) (resized).jpeg
    kr (resized).jpeg
    87BA0BA1-EB8B-4336-A15A-74FD580776AC (resized).jpeg
    Iron Maiden in Concert at Long Beach Arena on August 25, 2003 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider xsvtoys.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#73 1 year ago
    Quoted from dothedoo:

Metallica Master of Puppets tour, Omaha, NE in 1986.
    They performed at a small amusement park (Peony Park). The crowd wasn't very large, but they performed like they were in a sold out arena.
    The energy was incredible, and Cliff Burton was THE MAN!!! I feel sorry for all Metallica fans who never got to see him play live. I'll never forget him.

Daaaaamn, there is a lot of good stuff in this thread, but I would pick this #1 if I could go back for what I missed.

#134 1 year ago
    Quoted from JRBBRJ:

Buckethead. What an amazing guitarist. I saw him once at a festival on a side stage, having zero insight as to what I was walking into. So wild and fun.

This is the about the only one that would get me off my lazy old ass and into a crowded venue to see. I guess he has been having some health issues and isn’t touring for now. I hope he recovers and goes out, and plays somewhere local around here.

#176 1 year ago
    Quoted from gonzo73:

Yep... we lost Irvine Meadows Amphitheater.... just to build more condos... I think it was the best outdoor venue in SoCal.. . The Greek and Hollywood Bowl are great but the Parking and traffic is absolutely shit.
    one great thing that happened here is someone bought the Los Angeles Forum and Dumped Millions into it ten years ago, it was a wreck after the Lakers bailed to Downtown.
    Now it's a Gorgeous concert venue, all the walls have giant live photos from the history of concerts over the years.
    Completely rebuilt Bathrooms.... they used to be a stinking swamp.
    All new shiny Concession stands and carpet in the concourses.
    Really nice.
    Since the renovation I've seen David Gilmour, Heart, Cheap Trick, Joan Jett, the very last RUSH show, Slayer, Scorpions, ELO, Iron Maiden at the refurbished Forum.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I haven’t hit the redone Forum yet, but I have heard that it is nice. The last concert I went to in Irvine was Jack FMs 3rd show. It was pretty good. 2008.

War. This was an unannounced act that started the show. Excellent, Low Rider, Cisco Kid, etc.

Psychedelic Furs. Eh, OK.

Twisted Sister. They were pretty good. Must have played We’re Not Gonna Take It about 4 times. Crowd loved it.

REO Speedwagon. I was never a particular fan of their music. But wow the instrumental prowess of this band was 10/10. Just an amazing live performance. Those dudes can play their shit.

Blondie. She came out in a leather jacket and opened it up to reveal a nightie underneath. I’m glad I was sitting far away. It was good, I like Blondie songs and her singing was decent. The band was very good and I always remember the drummer ended a song with the most amazing drum solo I ever heard.

Billy Idol. Or, as he shouted about two dozen times (at the family friendly show benefiting kids with autism) “I’m Billy Fucking Idol!!”. Very good for a geezer, and band was top notch with Steve Stevens on guitar.

And finally: DEVO! This made the night for me. Always have been one of my top favorite bands ever. And they did not disappoint live. They were tight. The performance was awesome, the songs were awesome, and DEVO was awesome. I’m very grateful to have been able to see the original band perform, it was great. Definitely right up there with my most favorite concerts.

EDIT - I also remember, obviously this concert had a variety of band genres, and there were fans there to see their favorites. I like all sorts of music, but maybe Psychedelic Furs fans don't care to see Twisted Sister, or whatever. At any rate, Devo was last up, and quite of lot of the crowd had left, I presume after seeing their favorite and not being Devo fans. Dumbshits. All the better for me to enjoy it!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider xsvtoys.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/favorite-live-concert?tu=xsvtoys and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.