Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 190 posts
  • 106 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by JethroP
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5737 2 (resized).JPG
    F39500BD-214D-4807-A3AB-9AC56837CD55 (resized).png
    ELO - _Evil Woman_ Live @ The Fabulous Forum, Los Angeles, 8_6_18 - YouTube (resized).jpeg
    Slayer at the Forum (resized).jpeg
    _ (20) (resized).jpeg
    8A4DCC7D-53D4-49DD-BA4C-8CB96AAFA23C (resized).jpeg
    57333D34-0460-48DC-A6BB-51EBCB3CAA25 (resized).jpeg
    E5315277-227D-41BB-B061-73B415D8E3BD (resized).jpeg
    51rjTV5sNrL._SY580_ (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20221218-094706 (resized).png
    IMG_20221217_135633_8~2 (resized).jpg
    Van Hallen with Black Sabbath, in Tour tougher, (1978)_ (resized).jpeg
    _ (2) (resized).jpeg
    kr (resized).jpeg
    87BA0BA1-EB8B-4336-A15A-74FD580776AC (resized).jpeg
    Iron Maiden in Concert at Long Beach Arena on August 25, 2003 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jamesmc.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#67 1 year ago

Stones at the Wiltern Theatre. Had to get a wristband for the concert 2 days before the show by showing them your ticket and they put it on you. Tried to prevent scalpers selling $55 face value tickets for $5,000 back then. I think around 1,300 tickets total. They usually play these kinds of shows unannounced to public but this tour they did a few theater shows in New York, Chicago, and LA. within their arena and stadium tour.

#71 1 year ago

Kinda funny. My friend Richard started as road manager with Faces in 70s and toured with 20 plus hall of fame bands. Tom Petty's first and always road manager. He called me in 95 or so and said Tom's playing a big show at Hollywood Bowl, so come up with Jimmy, (our mutual friend) and I'll put you in 12th row. Richard wanted us to go to a jazz club or something with him afterwards.

He called back at least 8 times moving me and my girl closer, but not next to our friend. Finally he calls and says, "I know your coming now, (Mike) Campbell's (guitar) wife is drunk and I'm putting you in her 4 front row seats. Tell me later how he reacts when you point back to where his wife is". Campbell didn't look happy until Richard told him at their break that I was heading to prison soon for pot. He came back on stage right in front of us and played awhile with a different attitude. Campbell look at Jimmy and laughed at one point and said "fuckn Richard".

Stones at Wiltern was still better.

#127 1 year ago

A friend used to work for the Eagles and invited me to one of their concerts in the mid 90s at the Rose Bowl. They used a couple floors of the press box as the backstage party area. I really don't like going backstage. In the past my friend might ask me to help count t shirt money or something when I did.

This time it was set up way different and I thought the Eagles are alright, but their parties rock. My friends and I laughed that we had a great time at a party where they kept playing Eagles music.

#154 1 year ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

Went to a Stones concert in the early 80's in Philly. Huge sign before you got in, "FREE COKE!". Turned out it was you needed to sign up for a Mastercard and get a 2L bottle of coke.
    Major disappointment.

Ronnie and Keith did a tour in 1979 with Bobby Keyes and Ian McLagan from Faces and other great musicians to help with Keith's legal problems in Canada. They were called The New Barbarians. My friend was tour manager and told me stories years ago before people wrote books about it. They built a small room within each stage to do drugs so the audience couldn't see them. During songs. A short tour where the inmates ran the asylum. Someone described the tour to be similar to when the mental patients went on a field trip on One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest.

#162 1 year ago
    Quoted from tullster:

I was at the Milwaukee show when the crowd rioted and trashed the Mecca arena.
    Incredible concert as it was, but the promoters had advertised “special guests” (Jagger etc.) who never appeared. They did Jumping Jack Flash as a last song and the crowd went nuts. Ive got picture’s I’ll share, but none of the riot. We hightailed it outta there as soon as things started going sideways.

I doubt the band knew their promoters were doing that as they were pretty deep in the bag.

I laughed hard when I read their itinerary for Canada. Tour manager Richard didn't know how Canadian authorities would react so they were supposed to be "clean". The itinerary: "Toronto bound: Please take the time to assure that you will be clean upon arrival. Skip the soap and go right for the vacuum".

Richard is pretty funny.

#172 1 year ago
    Quoted from tullster:

The cops were going in as we were going out.

The key to having a great nite.

Quoted from gonzo73:

Yep... we lost Irvine Meadows Amphitheater.... just to build more condos... I think it was the best outdoor venue in SoCal.. . The Greek and Hollywood Bowl are great but the Parking and traffic is absolutely shit.
    one great thing that happened here is someone bought the Los Angeles Forum and Dumped Millions into it ten years ago, it was a wreck after the Lakers bailed to Downtown.

They had a parking lot where you showed your tickets and drove past the gate. There were people who had to walk forever just to get to where you parked if you had access. The place was a wild animal park called Lion Country Safari before it was Irvine Meadows.

I saw Zeppelin back to back nites at the Forum in 70s. We had to thumb home one of the nites. Not a safe neighborhood then for a couple of dumb ass white guys. And it really is nice now.

I've reached a point in my life where I last saw John Fogerty at the Venitian in Vegas because I could walk from my room.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jamesmc.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/favorite-live-concert?tu=jamesmc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.