Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 190 posts
  • 106 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by JethroP
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5737 2 (resized).JPG
    F39500BD-214D-4807-A3AB-9AC56837CD55 (resized).png
    ELO - _Evil Woman_ Live @ The Fabulous Forum, Los Angeles, 8_6_18 - YouTube (resized).jpeg
    Slayer at the Forum (resized).jpeg
    _ (20) (resized).jpeg
    8A4DCC7D-53D4-49DD-BA4C-8CB96AAFA23C (resized).jpeg
    57333D34-0460-48DC-A6BB-51EBCB3CAA25 (resized).jpeg
    E5315277-227D-41BB-B061-73B415D8E3BD (resized).jpeg
    51rjTV5sNrL._SY580_ (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20221218-094706 (resized).png
    IMG_20221217_135633_8~2 (resized).jpg
    Van Hallen with Black Sabbath, in Tour tougher, (1978)_ (resized).jpeg
    _ (2) (resized).jpeg
    kr (resized).jpeg
    87BA0BA1-EB8B-4336-A15A-74FD580776AC (resized).jpeg
    Iron Maiden in Concert at Long Beach Arena on August 25, 2003 (resized).jpeg
    There are 190 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #1 1 year ago

What is the live concert you attended that you most remember?

Mine is Live Aid, July 13, 1985 in Philadelphia.

I was cleaning out a drawer recently and was gobsmacked to find the ticket stubs!

20221213_224050 (resized).jpg20221213_224050 (resized).jpg
    #2 1 year ago

Not the best, but most memorable was in 76, I took my 15 yr old girlfriend, I was 16, to Seattle to see Kiss. We are from a small farming town so it was quite an experience. We married 6 yrs later, had our 40th anniversary recently. Have seen kiss 5 times, just for sentimental reasons.

#3 1 year ago

Oh, and the opening act was a bunch of weirdos no one had heard of,,,ACDC . We Still have the tickets, shirts and program from 76 show

#4 1 year ago

One I always think fondly of was Todd Rundgren about 1972. Northrup Auditorium at the UofM.

Basically one pre amp, one speaker, a microphone, him and a guitar.

I never saw a performance like it before or since. He put out 100% plus. A really great show !

Runner up would be The Rolling Stones Voo Doo Lounge tour show in Minneapolis.

LTG : )

#5 1 year ago

Not really a huge stones fan, even tho I'm past 60 yrs old, but we saw them on their farewell tour,,,, I think in 92 or 93 , probably the best live show ever and we've been to a lot of concerts together

#6 1 year ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Not really a huge stones fan, even tho I'm past 60 yrs old, but we saw them on their farewell tour,,,, I think in 92 or 93 , probably the best live show ever and we've been to a lot of concerts together

The Stones have NEVER, EVER done a "farewell tour!" They also didn't tour in 92 or 93. (you probably saw them in '89 or '94).

Shame on you for spreading such nonsense!

The WHo, however, have done at least two. So has Cher!

And KISS did one in 2000.

Very few bands have actually done a farewell tour/show and stuck with it. The Ramones are one, but of course they were all dead within five years (I do think they would have stuck to it).

The Police did a Farewell show 15 years or so ago, I don't think they'll be back.

Pink Floyd never said farewell, they just went away.

The list of bands/acts who have done farewells and come back is incredibly long. I do not take these announcements seriously.

#7 1 year ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I think in 92 or 93

89 or 90 - Steel Wheels Tour

94 or 95 - Voo Doo Lounge Tour.

LTG : )

#8 1 year ago

AC/DC November 1981 at the Richfield Coliseum near Cleveland, OH. It was one of the first cities they played For Those About to Rock tour. My ears are still ringing from when those cannons went off!

I miss $12 tickets...

#9 1 year ago

1999 Red Hot Chili Peppers on the Californication tour. I was an early teen and went with my dad who knew the Peppers from their early days. We both love the hell out of that album.

2016 Iron Maiden on the Book of Souls tour. My brother and I road tripped to see them in Tulsa. We hadn’t had a weekend together in years and both had a Maiden show on the bucket list. Hands down most impressive show I’ve seen. Every song was so intense it could have been the finale.

#10 1 year ago

Metallica Master of Puppets tour, Omaha, NE in 1986.
    They performed at a small amusement park (Peony Park). The crowd wasn't very large, but they performed like they were in a sold out arena.
    The energy was incredible, and Cliff Burton was THE MAN!!! I feel sorry for all Metallica fans who never got to see him play live. I'll never forget him.

#11 1 year ago

I have seen the Scorpions over 25 times, my Dad would always take me, first show was in 84/85 in Philadelphia at the old Spectrum followed by many more at my favorite venue Irvine Meadows in CA which is now sadly a housing development to may other shows across Arizona, etc. I have to dig up my concert ticket but this March 8th 1991 tour is a great memory I will cherish. Thanks Dad RIP. Miss ya. Found this small video of the show. Also set list. https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/scorpions/1991/irvine-meadows-amphitheatre-irvine-ca-1bdd214c.html and

#12 1 year ago

Ugly kid joe and Def Leppard July 4 93’ at The Gorge in George WA. Backdrop to the stage is the Columbia river. Perfect weather and the fireworks show in the parking lot after the show was stellar.

#13 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The Stones have NEVER, EVER done a "farewell tour!" They also didn't tour in 92 or 93. (you probably saw them in '89 or '94).
    Shame on you for spreading such nonsense!
    The WHo, however, have done at least two. So has Cher!
    And KISS did one in 2000.
    Very few bands have actually done a farewell tour/show and stuck with it. The Ramones are one, but of course they were all dead within five years (I do think they would have stuck to it).
    The Police did a Farewell show 15 years or so ago, I don't think they'll be back.
    Pink Floyd never said farewell, they just went away.
    The list of bands/acts who have done farewells and come back is incredibly long. I do not take these announcements seriously.

Ok, I'm old and forget. It was 94 then and I guess we figured it was near the end. Still a great show

#14 1 year ago
    Quoted from rwmech5:

Ugly kid joe and Def Leppard July 4 93’ at The Gorge in George WA. Backdrop to the stage is the Columbia river. Perfect weather and the fireworks show in the parking lot after the show was stellar.

We live 30 miles from The Gorge, have seen some great shows

#15 1 year ago

I was 16 and grew up pretty close to Morrison.This was the first time the Dead played Red Rocks. The best of times.I was somewhere in the middle.

Unknown (resized).jpegUnknown (resized).jpeg

#16 1 year ago

Stone Temple Pilots. Scott (rip) put on an amazing show.

#17 1 year ago

Grateful Dead
    Buckeye Lake

#18 1 year ago

Page Plant Philly Spectrum October '95....the vibe was incredible. One of a few times I was able to see Jimmy live..I feel very lucky to have seen him in fairly good shape and having a good time. The fall us tour the height of their late 90's reunion.

Also saw Chris Cornell a few times and was caught trying to record on a nomad jukebox. Thankfully they let me take my gear back and come back...this was at the TLA on South Street. We came back and we were still about 15 foot from the stage....Chris killed it. The crowd went nuts. Based on that show, we would try to see him any time he came back around.

#19 1 year ago

George Thorogood and The Destroyers
    At The Vic on Sheffield in Chicago 1992.
    Standing room only.
    One bourbon, one scotch……and one beer.

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
    #20 1 year ago

Devo at Del Mar on the Something for Everybody tour, what an amazing show, three costume changes, all the hits, so much energy.

Also Gary Numan at the Belly-Up. The blasts of light with his sonic peaks, wow....front row, got to touch the top of his head, which seemed like a thing to do, for some drunken reason...

#21 1 year ago

Past concert: Rex, Reo Speedwagon, Foreigner, Ted Nugent and Lynard Skynard. 1977. Plane crash was a month later. Anaheim Stadium

Recent concert. Rammstein 2022. Best show in years. Pyrotechnics were amazing! Set takes 4 days to set up. Show at the Los Angeles Coliseum.

3AC91373-E8C6-4D0E-A202-4E79A442D7FC (resized).jpeg3AC91373-E8C6-4D0E-A202-4E79A442D7FC (resized).jpeg4850C875-BC29-48CD-B6DB-2C3D459282E4 (resized).jpeg4850C875-BC29-48CD-B6DB-2C3D459282E4 (resized).jpeg
    #22 1 year ago

Been to a lot, but probably the most memorable and best I've personally been to was Tenacious D around 2002. I had always liked them on their little after Mr. Show stints, and it was their first album and not that well known. It was a small venue, and just the 2 of them and we were blown away that two fat dudes playing acoustic guitar could rock so hard Hung out and talked with them after the show.

Just saw them again with full band this year.

#23 1 year ago

Concerts and festivals used to be a big part of my life… don’t enjoy them as much now but some that really stood out.

6316D1DC-AA98-4D92-A7F4-F738E22041C7 (resized).png6316D1DC-AA98-4D92-A7F4-F738E22041C7 (resized).png63B3451C-ABD0-4579-9C72-19B731610AEE (resized).jpeg63B3451C-ABD0-4579-9C72-19B731610AEE (resized).jpegDBDC24A8-AE19-4D78-8847-EB728C5AFEF8 (resized).jpegDBDC24A8-AE19-4D78-8847-EB728C5AFEF8 (resized).jpeg
    #24 1 year ago

Went to a ton of shows in the '80s and '90s, not sure what I'd pick.

Saw most of the Grateful Dead shows in NY/NJ/Philly from about '88 to '92. The band wasn't the greatest then but it always a good time anyway. Lots of punk and metal shows in the mid/later '80s. Ramones in '85, Black Flag, Metallica, Slayer, Anthrax, The Cult, Exodus, Manowar, Bad Brains, and a million more. That Bad Brains show sticks out, The Ritz NYC in 1986. The band and the crowd were on fire, like one giant wave/mosh pit from front to back, and The Ritz was a pretty big place. Just double checked the date and it seems like there are some videos of it, cool!

#25 1 year ago

Frank Zappa in Helsinki, Finland 1988!

fz (resized).jpgfz (resized).jpg
    #26 1 year ago

Some of the best for me were;

Ramones, final tour
    Slash's Snakepit, great music and hot chicks
    Willie Nelson, four times
    Waylon Jennings, twice
    Drivin N' Cryin, twice
    L.A. Guns, twice
    Thorogood, twice
    Billy Strings, most recent

John

#27 1 year ago

2001, 2019 Tool at what is now Capital One Arena in DC.

Clutch New Years Eve 2014/2015 at the 9:30
    Club also in DC.

#28 1 year ago

I’ve been to a lot of great shows over the years. Tool, RHCP, AC/DC, velvet revolver, a lot of great shows. But my top 3 are

3) jay-z and Kanye together. The show was great
    2) sars-fest. Monsoon Canadian rocks Toronto. Stones with AC/DC and 500,000 people. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molson_Canadian_Rocks_for_Toronto

1) the last Tragically hip show in Toronto. Sold out crowd and everyone knew the lead singer was soon to die from brain cancer. Probably my favourite band and the energy in that crowd was insane. https://dailyhive.com/toronto/photos-tragically-hips-last-concert-acc

#29 1 year ago

Weird Al. Running with Scissors tour.

Multiple costume changes, lots of his 90s/80s classics, and making fun of their new band member at the time, it was a blast.

#30 1 year ago

My favorite was seeing the Alman Brothers open for Tom Petty. I think the show was 5 hours long.

The Stones were great too. Saw them twice. First time Kanye West opened for them and the second time it was Maroon 5 before they became super popular

#31 1 year ago

I have only ever been to one concert, Weird Al's "Running With Scissors" as a 13 year circa 1999. It was awesome! Sat in the front row! We bought tickets at the site (nose bleed seats) but Weird Al requests random fans from the audience get picked to come sit in the front row so that he gets to see the true fans and not just the rich fans. Was amazing. He even played some songs that were not out yet and/or never came to albums.

#32 1 year ago

I will have to go with Pink Floyd twice in 1987 and once in 1994. The 1994 concert was the opening night of the tour and it was in Miami in the pouring rain. Standing in pouring rain might not sound great but the rain only enhanced the light show and the whole experience. They recorded the opening song Astronomy Domine and released it on the backside of a CD single for Take It Back.

#33 1 year ago

I'm 60 and I've been to countless concerts being from CT and an easy drive/train ride to MSG and the Boston Garden, also had the New Haven Coliseum & Toads Place in New Haven a mere 20-25 minutes away as well.
    Without any doubt in my mind it was: The Who, The Ramones and Van Halen ( David Lee Roth era).

#34 1 year ago

Elton John Farewell Tour just 2 months ago in Santa Clara, Levi Stadium was a good one. Other great concert...Jimmy Buffet in Cincinnati Ohio a couple decades ago.

#35 1 year ago

Pink Floyd Division Bell Tour at the Rose Bowl mid 90s. Amazing spectacle.

Paul McCartney at Fenway Park around 2010. The guy is just a hell of an entertainer. His personality alone filled the stadium.

#36 1 year ago

Too many to list and some I dont even remember. But a few that I do remember is Metallica opening for Ozzy in 84', that was special. Monsters of Rock in 88' has to be one of the hottest days Ive experienced. Bowie in the late 80's and recently L.A. Guns and Blackberry Smoke.

#37 1 year ago

First concert, MJ Bad tour at the Palace, was pretty damn good. I was only 8 but I clearly remember the thriller encore

Phish Wrigley Field in ‘16.. first night was so funktastic

One of the most interesting was Herbie Hancock’s headhunters feat John Mayor at Bonnaroo ‘05. Have always appreciated the impact that headhunters had on electronic music, but seeing them play live was awesome!

#38 1 year ago

Smashing Pumpkins in Lubbock, TX around 1990 or 1991. I was in college and few bands ever played there since it's a smaller town in the middle of nowhere. They played in some school gym in what seemed like an abandoned school. Very cool vibes. Place was packed with college kids and everyone was having a great time including the band.

#39 1 year ago

I'm 72 originally from Oakland,Ca!I've seen everybody either at the Fillmore,winterland,Family Dog,Avalon ball room, and the Oakland coliseum!My favorite memory was "The Beatles" August 29.1966 Candelstick Park,SF.I was 16!!

#40 1 year ago

This is kind of a hard question. I guess the "biggest" was Rolling Stones at AT&T Stadium in 2015. I probably won't get to experience another concert of that size again.

In terms of personal favorites, Rush on the R40 tour at Jiffy Lube Live in Bristow, VA. It was great to see them play a little bit of everything from their history, before they called it quits for good.

But I think my most memorable concert experience was the Progressive Nation 2008 tour at The National in RVA. Four bands played that night: 3, Between the Buried and Me, Opeth, and Dream Theater. It was one of the first concerts I went to as an adult with a bunch of friends, and we just had a great time. Opeth and Dream Theater were the headliners, but the two openers kicked their asses. 3 put on an incredibly entertaining show, and BTBAM tore the house down.

#41 1 year ago

We used to go to a lot of concerts in Philly back in the day, mostly Tower theatre. Favorite concert probably David Bowie Spiders from Mars tour in '72

#42 1 year ago

2018, Ringo and his All Star Band.

#43 1 year ago

I was 16. Best time of my life

49ADA17E-384E-41B4-8AB8-80D16ACB1009 (resized).jpeg49ADA17E-384E-41B4-8AB8-80D16ACB1009 (resized).jpeg590D32E4-FB9E-4431-B53D-F27E5C71013A (resized).jpeg590D32E4-FB9E-4431-B53D-F27E5C71013A (resized).jpeg
    #44 1 year ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I have only ever been to one concert, Weird Al's "Running With Scissors" as a 13 year circa 1999. It was awesome! Sat in the front row! We bought tickets at the site (nose bleed seats) but Weird Al requests random fans from the audience get picked to come sit in the front row so that he gets to see the true fans and not just the rich fans. Was amazing. He even played some songs that were not out yet and/or never came to albums.

Paramount’s Kings Dominion??? (Back when the park was actually fun hahaha)

#45 1 year ago

Dug out some tickets to spark my memory. Plenty of amazing shows over the years. Primus in 98 with Blink 182 is up there. The misfits in 2000 at waterstreet music hall was hands down the most fun I’ve had at a show though. Even though Danzig wasn’t there, Jerry Only singing with the 2000 or so people in this tiny venue was epic. He stayed after the show was over for a long time and signed everything anyone wanted.
    It’s too bad you don’t get tickets anymore. I don’t remember half of the shows in my pile of tickets until I look through them.

Edit: I should mention Primus was the reason that show was so good. If Blink didn’t become so popular I wouldn’t remember they played that night.

14642CEF-1B11-46D7-A682-C5CC25BAE9E8 (resized).jpeg14642CEF-1B11-46D7-A682-C5CC25BAE9E8 (resized).jpegD96D38AC-E096-419E-AF6C-E53B191AE924 (resized).jpegD96D38AC-E096-419E-AF6C-E53B191AE924 (resized).jpeg

#46 1 year ago

I've been to a lot of concerts, big and small. My all time favorites:

Meat Beat Manifesto - old 9:30 Club (1989)
    Miracle Legion - old 9:30 Club (1990)
    Billy Bragg - new 9:30 Club (1996)
    The Eagles - Verizon Center (2013)

#47 1 year ago

Favorite show - Skynyrd 1976. Runner up - Guns & Roses/Metallica late ‘90’s.

Best show - I am not a country fan, but wife dragged me to Garth Brooks. He was by far the best showman I have ever seen. Like his music or not, you can’t walk out of his show and not go “wow”.

#48 1 year ago

Best concert was in 2005 when I saw Cream, my favorite group from my youth. I was in the middle section close to the sound boards. I was lucky how I got the tickets (long story).

Never saw LZ. Seeing Jason Bonham do his Zep show was incredible! I saw his Zep show twice.

My DW stainless kit is like Jason's.

20221214_095157 (resized).jpg20221214_095157 (resized).jpg20221214_095323 (resized).jpg20221214_095323 (resized).jpg

#49 1 year ago

I've seen hundreds of shows in my lifetime. Some good, some not so good, but one that always stands out is my first one - The Bay City Rollers at State Fair in West Allis WI 1977. I was young, so young that all I can really remember is the energy and screaming. But I found out much later, this was literally only 3 months prior to their collapse of popularity.

They don't really exist anymore, nor have them for several decades, but the "mania" acts were something else. Glad I at least got to see one.

#50 1 year ago

The one that sticks out for me recently is IDLES at First Ave in 2019, at one point the lead singer had everybody crouch and then .. well .. the whole concert was recorded. (lots of strobes, beware!)

Flaming Lips in the rain, Nine Inch Nails is always amazing, RHCP at First Ave, LCD Soundsystem with ~50 people in the crowd, Spoon a packed room of 200, Boy Harsher.. I'm so glad shows are back. Now if only I could afford them.

There are 190 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/favorite-live-concert and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.