7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by MT45
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20161004_214727 (resized).jpg

#1 7 years ago

I just added some color LEDs to my TOM back box tonight. I added some scoop lights on TAF a few weeks ago and found the Pinball Bulbs 555 flex lights perfect for that.

Wondering if you all have a short list of your favorite LEDs that you can't live without ... Say top 5 or so?

LED type?
    Purpose or placement within game?
    Supplier?
    Favorite color?

20161004_214727 (resized).jpg20161004_214727 (resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

Comet 2smd natural daylight with the dome. Hands down my favorite.

#3 7 years ago

Ablaze warm white 3led for GI. I was using comet 2led WW frosted for this purpose, but the light from this particular ablaze bulb just looks closer to incandescent light than anything else I've tried.

I still use comet for virtually everything else though. Comet 2led and twin 2835 bulbs seem to provide the best color saturation for red, green, blue, etc. inserts (in their respective brightness levels). Also, even though they frequently look too over the top, it's fun to keep a "passion purple" or fire bulb or two to try in some locations.

Also, its not an LED, but i love the dimmers that go with their Matrix stuff. They allow for adding extra lighting wherever you want (under dark plastics, etc) and adjust it to just the right level to blend in.

#4 7 years ago

Comet Frosted 2smd. They are my favorite for GI and backglasses.

#5 7 years ago

Comet Fluted Domes for GI
    Love the plug and play strips from Comet as well
    always need flex Led's on hand
    Color changers slow and fast blinking
    Frosted for backglass
    Last for me is an assortment of colored incandescent 89's (Pinball Life has them)

#6 7 years ago

Thanks for the Support....even though its not in my hands anymore......

I filled up a bin before I left, of what I use personally, and its mirrored by others here. 2 SMD Frosted Sunlight, a Few Op-Max,
    and Warm White 2 SMD Fluted, is my favorite when I want an Incandescent look, Sunlight otherwise.
    I rarely use natural white, except on dark, sci-fi, or black colored games, but even then, TZ is looking sweeter in Sunlight.
    Lots of Strips, splitters, and brightness.

This, for me, covers 90% plus of all my needs.

#7 7 years ago

I keep Cointaker LEDs on hand...pretty much every type. Mostly frosted cool white 44 and 555 style as I like to use them in GI. I switched all my older SS games out to save on heat on the connectors (I take my games to shows so they see alot of on time (I was tired of replacing the GI connectors every couple of shows) I generally keep a supply of Supers on hand also for inserts and such. I also have flex, and retro's on hand I like the Retro bulbs in my older games as they are similar to incandescent bulbs with the dome. Flex bulbs are just cool to go just about anywhere, and you can position them to aim on whatever you want. I also like the Super 2 flex bulbs basically 2 bulbs in one socket. So you can aim each a bit differently to add more light to more places.

Phoebe

#8 7 years ago

Retro warm whites look great almost anywhere

#9 7 years ago

Another vote for Comet 2LED Natural White and a collection of flex heads.

#10 7 years ago

Thanks all - just wrote a big order to Comet. appreciate all the feedback

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/favorite-leds-to-keep-on-hand and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.